Dear Diary : 2007-09-16

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney


Sunday, 16 September, 2007

Dear Diary
Woke up early today, when there was a knocking on my window.

I looked outside and didn't see anyone, so went back to bed. A few minutes later, there was a knocking again. I jumped out of bed and ran over to the window. Nothing. Again.

Okay, I was starting to get freaked out. I laid back down and stared at the window. After a bit, there was a knocking again, and I saw something hit the window. When I looked again, I saw three acorns in the planter-box under my window. I looked up in the tree and there were some little critters pulling acorns off the trees. Squirrels. I had been scared out of my wits by squirrels. I laughed and went to take my shower.

I made breakfast for Mom and Daddy, and was gonna serve them breakfast in bed just because, but they came into the kitchen before the coffee was ready and just as the toast popped up. They appreciated it anyway, and dug in while I ran out and got the Sunday paper... for Daddy. Yeah. For Daddy. My wanting the comics without having to wait until he was done with the whole thing had nothing to do with it. At all. Nope. Hee!

We finished breakfast, rinsed the dishes and loaded the dishwasher, and then Daddy announced we were going to spend the day at the campgrounds. He said it was too beautiful a day to waste watching TV, and the campgrounds at the State Park would be closing in a week or so.

It was all-around a relaxing day with nothing big really happening. For a change. Thank goodness.

Oh... I'm still sore.

Courtney

up
29 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Sore from her Grandmother?

I can't imagine it's from jumping under the lunch table, or sitting detention...

Annette

Dear Courtney

Dear Courtney,

Sounds like a wonderful relaxing day. of course after the week you just had, a relaxing, boring day is just what the doctor would have ordered.

I didn't have squirrels outside my window. I had something much worse. A Rooster! it was horrible waking up at the crack of dawn to that incestant crowing. and right outside my window too. It made me start sleeping with my window closed. even in the summer. :( Sounds like you should put up a squirrel feeder on the opposite side of the tree so that the Squirrels will venture away from your window.

Hope you have a good day tomorrow.

Snoops

Squrriels? Oh no!

They mean to take you nuts!

I'm sorry but I just had to. I'll go and sit in the corner. --sniffle--

John in Wawatosa

John in Wauwatosa

As you should

Mind you, it could hasten things along couldn't it?

A. Wellwischer