Dear Diary : 2007-09-25

Printer-friendly version

Dear Diary
by Edeyn Hannah Blackeney


Tuesday, 25 September, 2007

Dear Diary
Matthew's a goober. He's funny, and nice, but he's a goober!

Okay. So. Lunchtime. In high school. This means that the entire peer group is "conveniently" gathered in one place.

Groan.

So, 10 minutes into lunch, when you can GUARANTEE that everyone is there, he stands up.

He steps around the table to me.

He puts out his hand and obviously wants me to take his hand.

I was wondering what he was doing, so I did.

Big.

Mistake.

He pulled me to my feet, and then puts his hands at my waist and hoists me up onto the table!

Then he turns to look at EVERYONE because this had garnered no small amount of attention.

Then he says, "Ladies and gentlemen, young masters and misses, a re-enactment of the balcony scene from the Bard's Romeo & Juliet presented by the only member of the local Shakespearean club and his lovely volunteer."

Then the goober knelt down and did just that.

I have never been so embarassed in my life!

To make it worse, when he finished, the entire cafeteria -- even the teachers applauded!

Then he just lifts me down and goes back to eating his spaghetti-o's and ignoring everyone else. Like nothing happened.

He's such a GOOBER!!!

Courtney

up
32 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Dear Courtney

Dear Courtney,

He may be a goober, but he is goober who is showing affection towards you. is he your Romeo? are you his Juliet? only time will tell. it could be that he is having fun, or a 'safe' way of him telling you how he feels.

Is he in Drama class too? if not, I'm sue he may be seated next to you soon. ;)

Snoops

Goober?

But such a nice Goober.

Remember; open minds and open hearts, one never knows what tomorrow may bring. For someone in transition the first one should be easy, the second takes a little effort.

Huggs & Giggles
Penny