Castle The Series - 0073 Growers, Reluctants, The Bet, Stacey

Printer-friendly version

A Word Usage Key is at the end. Some commonly used words are there whether used in this chapter or not. Replace th on end of words with ness and t with d or ed and most of the rest are obvious if sounded out aloud. Some words with n or en on the end can be easily understood of the n is replaced by a d or ed. Only difficult words and words that do not exist in English are now referred to specifically with a footnote number. If you have suggestions I would be pleased to consider implementing them.

The brackets after a character e.g. CLAIRE (4 nc) indicates Claire is a character who is 4 years old and a character not encountered before. Ages of incomers are in Earth years at this point and of Folk in Castle years. (4 Folk yrs ≈ 5 Earth yrs. l is lunes, t is tenners.) There is a list of chapters and their significant characters at the bottom too.

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00005160

GROWERS AND GARDENERS

AFTERNOON THE MEETING OF THE GROWERS CRAFT

2nd of Chent Day 5

“We are the largest single craft of all in terms of the number of members,” said Alsike, the Mistress grower, “and as with other major crafts, ours encompasses many sub-crafts within it. I should like to greet all of you who are new members of the Folk and are interestet in our craft, not least because you will help us to remain the preëminent craft of the Folk. I say this not out of a sense of misplacet pride, but because Castle needs us, and it needs you. Growing is vital to our survival, and as wide a range of crops as possible is vital to our haelth.(1) As you can see there are fifty or so craft members present, but we have over a thousand full time craft members, and ten times as many more cross crafters. Over a third of the Folk have some connection to our craft.

“We include large scale growers of cereals, pulses, vegetables, fruits, edible herbs and healing herbs, as well as the composters, the foragers and many small scale growers of all sorts of things. We have crafters who combine many aspects of our craft, and others who cross-craft. We have holders, some of who hold at considerable whilth(2) from the Keep, growers who practise their craft nearby and many who practise their craft twixt the Keep walls. Some of those who grow twixt the Keep walls grow herbs, salads, fruits and tender crops that need the protection of the manure heatth, or even the fires, at the beginning and ending of the season.

“Many types of gourds benefit from being grewn direct in the piles of composting materials, honeygourds(3) and scrubgourds(4) to name but two. Some crafters grow and have enhancet by selective propagation crops that grow outside, but which are too difficult for the foragers to bother with. Examples would be lastbloom root(5) and earthnuts.(6) In the wild, though findt in great abundance, lastbloom roots tend to be thin, dry, bitter, hard to dig out and worse they are very brittle, but the ones grown here are as wide as my finger, succulent, tasty, easy to harvest and their brittelth makes no difference. Too in the wild, Earthnuts are scarce, small, hard to find, and even more difficult to harvest, but the ones grown here are common where they are planted, bigger, easy to find and harvest. Both are so easy to harvest here because the soil is soft and only a span and a half deep over the granite.

“We’ve here thisday Bracken, Ella and Falcon, Mistresses and Master herbals. Many of their herbs are collectet from the wild by the foragers, but many are specially grown for them by our members. We are going to ask you what your experience of growing is, what you would like to do or try, and aught else you can bethink you to do with growing at all, be it however distantly connectet. We need and wish your freshth to the craft. We shall try to match you with craft members with relevant experience, or if we’ve no such members, with members who would wish to craft with you. We shall braek for leaf now and resume in twenty minutes.”

The solar that was being uest to host the meeting was a large, brightly lit and pleasant upper chamber in one of the towers in the Keep inner wall, and its main casements faced south. It was furnished with many tables and chairs and usually uest as a meeting place for craft affairs such as this, oft but not exclusively, by the growers. When the meeting reconvened, most of the tables had a new member of the Folk and two grower craft members spaeking with them. Some had three craft members, but not many. Alsike addresst the newfolk again asking them to stand in turn so as to be heard and to inform them of their name, experience and probable desires. She emphasised there was no matter too trivial to be raised as the craft had benefited enormously from incomers in the past.

She added, “I am aware from our archives there are a lot of plants it is forbidden to grow whence you came, but there are no such restrictions here, and such experience may be of significant importance to us. We shall be taking notes on what you say, and shall have spaech with you after all of you have spaken. If you have any thoughts of a personal placement this would be a good time to mention them. Though there are only a few of us here we shall pass your thinkings on to the Master at arms staff and to any others we consider could be of help to you,” Alsike laught and continued, “but of course as members of the growers’ craft, we naturally should prefer to have first option on similar mindet folk such as yourselfs.” A ripple of appreciative amusement went berount the new craft members at Alsike’s last remark. The new craft members spake in turn as requested.

The first to spaek was a slender woman with light brunette hair and a pleasantly low pitched voice. “My name is now Cherville. I am thirty-two. I have general experience of growing soft fruit. I was developing better varieties of brambles and fuchsia fruits, both of which I know grow here. I had developed a tasty variety of bramble which was as long and as thick as my thumb, but the canes had long and dangerous thorns which gave a scratch that festered into a painful and slow healing sore. I was trying to breed it so as to reduce the effect and size of the thorns by crossing it with a commercial thornless variety. I had developed a fuchsia fruit as large as a hen’s egg which had little taste and another much smaller with a delicious taste, and I was crossing them. Even if I have to start all over again, I should like to continue this work.

“I shall of course grow something else too whilst I do this, but I am not bothered what, for it’s the brambles and fuchsia that interest me. I know a family placement is important here, but I have just been through a relationship which ended badly. I am not ready to try again yet, but I know I shall eventually want a new beginning with a new relationship.” Cherville had chosen a new name for her new beginning, she’d liekt the idea of a herb for a name, and after some thought had decided Chervil, which she liekt, seemed somehow androgynous or even masculine, hence Cherville. Heretofore, she had always tolerated, but not liekt, others calling her by derivatives of her given name, but she had decided no more. Her name was Cherville, she liekt it and was not going to tolerate or answer to anything else. May hap more importantly to her, her new more forceful character she had assumed as part of Cherville she liekt too.

A tall elderly man with a bright smile and not much hair stood with a little difficulty and uest his chair back to lean on. “My name is Anthony. I am sixty-two, and I have general experience of growing vegetables on a small scale, for the consumption of my family, over forty-odd years. I have never specialised at growing anything, and I used to grow some flowers for my wife. I am grandfather to the children of Cedar and Myrtle.” The mention of his wife was upsetting to Anthony, and he sat down quickly.

The next to spaek was a much younger man. “My name is Brian, and I am twenty-seven. I have similar experience to Anthony’s, but not for as long of course. I used to help my father and grandfather on their plots. I am ready to settle down, but I haven’t had much luck yet. I should like to be a family man.” Brian sat down.

A young woman rose to spaek. “My name is Claudia, and I am twenty-two. I have only ever grown bean sprouts in a jar. I know other seeds can be sprouted, and I should like to try sprouting other seeds. I should really like to be a proper grower, but I don’t know how to do so. I had recently married when I came here, and the loss of my husband hurts.”

A hesitant looking young man of medium highth and dark complexion stood. “My name is Daniel. I am twenty-three, and I uest to work on my family’s farm producing wheat and barley. I am not sure how relevant my experience is because it was all done with sophisticated machinery. I have never used horses, but I enjoyed working the land, and I should like to continue to do so. I have never had a meaningful relationship before nor indeed thought of having one, but I was thinking of things lastnight. This is a new beginning for me, and though I find the idea of the responsibility of a wife and children a little intimidating I have decided it is time to do more than just think about it.”

A tall, thin man with a thin face stood to spaek, he had a sneering, aggressive and not overly intelligent look on his face, and Alsike thought he was probably one of the two whom the Master at arms had sent her the interviewers notes on. She was correct. “My name is Gerald Armstrong. I was a farmer in the dairying business, and it seems to me farming here is so far behind the times it is probably not worth my while getting involved in it.” He sat down with a contemptuous look on his face. Gerald’s attitude and what he had said had embarrassed most of the newfolk, and it was noticed by the folkbirtht the other newfolk sitting near him had pulled away from him. Given his attitude many, both folkbirtht and newfolk, wondered why he had come to the meeting. Alsike thought his chances of finding a wife were virtually none existent. Who would wish to live with that? May hap more to the point, who would wish to sleep with it?

A tall, thin, intelligent looking young man stood and announced. “My name is Declan. I am twenty-eight, and I have grown fungi of many types, most of them for their hallucinogenic effects, sometimes using closed environments that would feasible to replicate here. I am interested in all fungi including ones used as food mushrooms. I should be interested in growing fungi for the healers and wonder if any lower chambers in the Keep, which I imagine have a constant cool and moist environment, would be suitable and available for such a use.” This caused the herbals present to smile as a new source of herbs appeared to be a possibility. Declan continued, “I have had a few relationships which didn’t last. I should like to have a lasting one and to have children.”

An attractive, small young woman with long strawberry blonde hair stood as Declan sat down. “My name is Ceinwen. I am thirty-one and my experience is of a general sort. I worked an allotment plot with my husband to provide quality food for us and our two children.” The memory of this produced tears, and Ceinwen sat down quickly.

The next spaeker appeared to be no older than Ceinwen. She was a plump, attractive dark brunette. “My name is Celia, and I am thirty-six. I was a town girl who married a farmer, but I was allowed no involvement with the farm. I had started to grow some willows and dogwoods which it was my intention to coppice for local basket weavers. I came here before I had coppiced them for the first time. I suspect there are enough wild willows here to make it pointless to try again. I am not sorry to leave what had become a childless, loveless and futile marriage, and I should like to try again with a man who would value my contribution. I just don’t know what my contribution could be. I should like to be a grower of anything and a mother.” As Celia sat down there was a stir mongst the newfolk at this though none said anything.

A thin looking middle aegt man with a pleasant smile stood. “My name is Gideon. I am forty-two, and I have specialised in growing soft fruits. There are fruits new to me here, for example lingberry.(7) I believe there are others, and I should like to grow them. My marriage ended five years ago, and I think Castle is a place where it is better to be married than not. Neither my ex-wife nor I had any family which I believe contributed to the end of the marriage. I should like a wife with a large extended family, and I should like children.”

A woman in her thirties who had the look of a woman who has control of her life stood slowly. She looked as if she were wondering what to say, or may hap how much to say. “My name is Diana, and I am thirty-six. I was working on developing honeyroots(8) for sweetstuff(9) before I came here. I have been looking into this since I came here, and I wish to continue. I have no interest in growing roots myself, but they could be used by cooks and brewers, and I believe beekeepers to over winter colonies. The residue can be used as feed for livestock. I am married to Gander, the elder son of Joseph the brew Master, and we have adopted two children.” Her last remark caused considerable surprise to the folkbirtht present, though it meant nothing to the newfolk.

A middle aegt(10) man of a substantial build stood. “My name is Gregory. I am forty-four, and I have spent all my working life farming roots. Like Daniel, I have done this with extensive mechanisation, but I do know how to grow them without machines. I should be happy to continue to grow roots, but I should like to grow other vegetable too. I grew vegetables for the house on a small plot and was proud of my prize winning Brussels sprouts. My father and his father farmed with horses and regretted it greatly when they were replaced with machines. They would be pleased to know I was using horses, and I should like to do so. My wife died ten years ago, and coming here has forced me to realise I have needed a wife for a long time. A woman who understands both middle aegt men and horses would be a bonus.” He smiled as he said the last which caused considerable amusement.

A youth barely into manhood stood and spake nervously. “My name is Hamish, and I am sixteen. I have little experience of growing anything other than the seeds of fruits and a few other plants in pots on a window, sorry casement, sill. I have always wanted to grow things, but it didn’t look like I should ever have the opportunity. I hope I can. I understand how things work here, and I should like to belong in a family.” There were a lot smiles mongst the growers, this was a pleasant young man doing his best to please, and many wondered why at his age he wished to be adopted into a family and not to find a wife. Despite this, there were many who would be glad to take him into their families. Most of the Folk didn’t appreciate the difference in social maturity between young folkbirtht and most young newfolk, nor did they realise Hamish was not yet thirteen of their years, a child not an adult.

A tall, shy looking man may hap in his forties nervously stood. “My name is Harold. I am thirty-eight, and as with some of the previous speakers, I have grown mixt vegetables for my extended family to eat. I should like to continue to do so, but should be pleased to widen my experience to other crops. I have never been married, but I should like to be.” He sat down quickly after his last remark.

An intelligent looking brunette of slender build stood. She spake with the confidence of someone who knew what she was spaeking of. “My name is Miriam, and I am twenty-eight. I was a hydroponics worker in a research station: that’s growing things in water containing nutrients. I should like to try this here. It can be used to grow many things, but I should like to try things like water cress, wasabi or cattails. I don’t know if they grow here, but there must be similar food crops. I was never married, but was the mother of two girls. I miss them terribly. I know my sister will look after them, but I can’t help but wonder how they are taking my disappearance.” There were tears in the eyes of many of the newfolk as she spake. Many were in a similar situation. Miriam continued, “I know I can’t replace them, but I want a family.” She smiled. “My need of children is much greater than my need of a man, though I should like a man too. If I can’t find a man with children then I want one willing to adopt, and I need to do this soon.”

An older man who was nearly bald stood and spake quietly with a slight lisp. “My name is Henry. I am sixty, and most of what I have grown has been flowers to sell to local florist shops. I have grown potatoes and some soft fruit. If possible I should like to continue to grow what I am used to, but I should like to try other fruit, and I always wanted to grow mushrooms. Declan’s experience sounds interesting to me. My wife died a number of years ago, and I still miss her. More acutely now I miss my grandchildren, and I should like to be part of a family. I don’t mind getting old, but there is not much fun to be had in doing it on your own. So if possible I should like a wife too, to grow old with together. I went to the Master at arms meeting, but nothing came of it.”

A young woman of thin appearance and medium highth stood and spake hesitantly. “My name is Morag I am twenty-seven. I have never grown anything in my life, but I was a florist. The plant material and flowers I worked with always fascinated me, and I should like to grow things. Most of the men I knew preferred men, and I was always nervous with other men. I should like to be married and have children.”

A late middle aegt woman of heavy build with a beautiful smile stood and spake slowly. “My name is Nancy. I am fifty-two. Like Morag, I have never grown anything. I taught the history of science in higher education. I was always fascinated by the empirical knowledge of early civilisations, particularly that of the nation we called the Chinese. I know, thousands of years ago, they encouraged the growth of nitrogen fixing blue green algae in rice paddies to increase the rice yield. I should like to grow things, and I am sure some of the things I taught would be of use.” Nancy then said abruptly with no explanations, “I should like a man.”

A small heavily built man with a pompous look on his face stood, though he conveyed the impression he could barely make himself deign to do so. Alsike thought he was probably the other man she had been passed notes concerning, and again she was correct. “My name is Patrick James Longfellow. I was a head teacher, but I have always been a gardener.” Patrick seemed to be looking down his nose with condescension at the others in the room as though it were beneath his dignity to even be at the meeting. “I suppose I could continue to do so, but it is hardly a cerebral activity is it? I find it hard to believe there is no school here to utilise my talents. I will consider my options.”

Alsike glanced briefly at a number of colleagues and knew they were thinking the same as she. Patrick had committed himself to naught, and he didn’t strike one as a likeable man. She had been informed what a school was, but she couldn’t see what purpose such a place served on Earth, Castle or indeed any where. The very concept to her was inane, and she knew most incomers believed they had not benefited at all from attendance. She knew Jewel considered Patrick to be obnoxiously supercilious and thought he seemed irritated the Folk were not going to create a school for his benefit. Alsike understood now why Campion had concluded he was not a man to be trusted, and she also wondered at his unemphasised use of the word will rather than shall. What did he mean by that? That Patrick did not know the difference between the two words accurately enough to use instinctively the appropriate one did not occur to her. Alsike sensed relief mongst the newfolk when he sat down, and as with Gerald those sitting near him drew away from him.

A mouse of a woman, small with mousy looking hair and a pointed nose stood. She had a determined expression on her face. “My name is Annette, and I am forty-two. I grew a few vegetables and soft fruits in my garden, and I had some apple trees. I like growing things, but I’m not a knowledgable or experienced grower. I have never been married nor had children, but I should like to marry a grower and have children. I can only assume I can still have children, but I am willing to adopt.” She sat down with a relieved look on her face.

A rugged looking man with no trace of a smile on his face at all stood, and it was a surprise to all when he spake in a pleasant tenor voice which was at odds with his severe expression. “My name is Jeremy. I am thirty-six, and my experience is of growing semi-tender vegetables in a greenhouse. That’s under glass protection. I should like to continue with that, but if that’s not possible I am willing to try growing anything. I am also a painter of botanical specimens, and I have painted a few landscapes. I left a wife behind who was a full time painter. I miss her so badly it hurts, but I know I have to marry again.”

A generously proportioned blonde woman of early middle age stood. “My name is Pansy. I am forty, and have joined the healers and married Master healer Pim, but I should also like to do something else which will contribute to the healing craft. I know little about growing, yet growing healing herbs has an appeal to me.”

A tiny young woman, with barely the beginnings on a woman’s body, stood. She was nervous, but she was determined to do what all the others had done. “I am Sally. I am sixteen, and Geoffrey and I have agreement. He’s following his father’s waggoning craft, but I should like to grow things. I have no experience, and I have no idea what to do, but I am open to suggestions.”

The next spaeker was Peter who was known to many there as a result of his marriage to Honesty. “I am Peter, and I am forty-one, I intend to work as a furniture maker, but I shall be a cross craft grower. I have no growing experience at all, but like all sensible married men, I intend at least to give the appearance of doing exactly what my wife tells me. We currently work a rood, and we intend to at least double that. We’ve ten hens and a cockerel, and Honesty has the intention of growing their feed so as to be able to increase the flock. We are also going to grow a little barley, and I am being taught how to make beer by Joseph son of Joseph the brewer. I welcome the opportunity to learn, and I shall be happy to expand our growing activities in any direction that appeals to Honesty or myself.”

A pretty young woman in her middle twenties with an expression on her face that suggested she hadn’t had a good life, but she was on top of it any way, stood. I am Quail now, and I am twenty-five. I used to work in an establishment that grew shellfish and crustaceans in tanks. We also grew edible seaweed. I liked the work. If the water was warm enough you could almost see things grow. I should like to do something similar if possible. I have had a number of offers of marriage, but I saw Lilac on the platform yester…lastday, and a multiple marriage would also be preferable to me.”

An older man with a serious expression on his face stood. “My name is Raymond, and I am fifty-two. My experience is of water gardening, up to now purely ornamental. Before I came here I was looking into growing food crops that grow in water: rice, cattails and many others. I don’t know what grows in water on Castle that can be eaten, but I should be interested to find out and to grow them as a food crop. I have just left a poor marriage with no children. My wife spent all her time following the affairs of folk whose only concern was to remain in the public eye, and because my wife wasn’t prepared to have a family I spent my time on my garden. I should like to have a worthwhile marriage. I accept I am too old to be of interest to a woman young enough to bear children, but I should like to adopt children or marry someone with children.”

A young man with a smile on his freckled face who had short cut dark red hair stood. “My name is Roger. I am twenty-six, and my only experience of growing is of growing skunk cannabis. This was an illegal plant to grow because it was considered to be a dangerous drug when used for recreational purposes. I was an excellent grower. I grew it using scientific methods which enabled me to harvest the plants when the active principles were at their highest concentration. I am a trained scientist, and it seems to me the methods I used, which included using growth graphs, after some experimentation, could be used to harvest other herbs to give the highest possible yields of active principles. I am thinking of herbs grown for the herbals. I admit I probably only grew skunk because it was illegal and I wanted to use my education. I have grown up a bit since then, but I still want to use my knowledge, and it seems to me here I could do so to the benefit of others, and make a living out of it.” There were interested looks on the faces of the herbals. Roger continued, “I have never thought of a permanent relationship before, but now I am here it makes sense to me.”

The last to spaek was a short, lean, middle aegt man of pleasant features. “My name is Sven. I am forty-five, and my experience is of a worker in top fruit orchards. I liekt the work, but I always wanted to work with soft fruit too. I hope this is possible for me. I should particularly like to work with bilberries, which I know grow wild here, and lingberries. I left a good wife and two grown children. I had a grandson, and there was another grandchild on the way. I shall probably want to remarry soon, but not just yet.”

After the new craft members had all spaken, there were a few minutes during which general conversation ensued. Alsike announced to the newfolk, “If you stay where you are, the most appropriate craft members present will have spaech with you, and come to some arrangement for your craft placement. There will be a few of you for whom there is none present to have spaech with, but we believe there is someone in the craft for all of you. So I, Ella and Falcon will come to you to make arrangements for you to meet with those appropriate crafters at a later time.” Alsike, though she had been telt by Campion how important age was to the newfolk, especially with regard to agreement, had naytheless been taken aback by all, except Gerald and Patrick who were atypical, stating their name immediately followed by emphasising their age, as though the two were of equal importance to their identity.

By the time the meeting drew to a close Hamish had been adopted by growers Jewel and Alder, Annette had reached agreement with grower Dune who had three children, Celia had reached agreement with grower Marlin who had two children, Ceinwen had reached agreement with grower Scarp who had a daughter. Quail had met grower Hemlock who had telt her he and woodworker Birchbark were seeking a woman or two with a view to forming a threesome or possibly a foursome, and they had arranged a meeting. Miriam and Roger had agreement, and they had decided to adopt a family of four from the incomer children. Miriam wished to be sister to a folkbirtht woman to extend her family and be more a member of the Folk. The arrangement was agreed to with delight by Mistress grower Chanterelle.

Henry had reached agreement with Lapwing, a Mistress grower who lived with her daughter, her daughter’s man and their five children. All of the new craft members had a craft placement. Nancy, Declan, Henry and Roger had maekt arrangements to meet with some specialist growers and the herbals nextday, and Miriam, Pansy, Quail and Raymond had maekt arrangements to meet with some craft members who would be interested in growing water-plants, also nextday. Alsike and a number of other growers had noted neither Gerald nor Patrick had maekt any arrangements to meet with any with a view to crafting. The growers who had spaken with them reported they had both said they were still thinking regards what they wished to do, and Alsike had asked all growers be informed she wished to be kept informed of their activities, or lack thereof.

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00005170

CRAFTING THE RELUCTANTS

LATE AFTERNOON MOVING THEM AWAY FROM THE KEEP

2nd of Chent Day 5

Will was standing by the casement that looked out from his little uest affairs chamber over the courtyard. He was looking at the lists of the twenty-nine men who were going to be removed from the Keep, and was deciding upon the best way to achieve his objective with the minimum amount of fuss, and thereby avoiding any unnecessary deadths. He had no problem with killing all twenty-nine and doing it himself if need be. He would have done it if Thomas had telt him so to do. But he was, as Aaron had pointed out, just as much a member of the Folk as any, and he valued all, even men as difficult as these. If they could be assimilated into the Folk all would benefit, and he thought with regret yet again of the eleven who from one cause or another had dien since incursion. He looked again at the lists.

He had gone over the information available on the men many times with Gale and they’d tried to make sure there was only one potential failure in each mine and forestry crew. He had done his best for all of them, and now it was up to them to prove their worth. It had been decided, as a result of advice from Campion, not to attempt personal placements with these men. She opined there was time to do that if they came back from their first craft placements. She’d said, “After all, why put Folk families that have taken them in, or a woman who’s marryt one, through the grief if they don’t survive.”

Since Will had himself insisted to the various craft Mistresses and Masters who were providing the placements, if the men couldn’t adapt to the Folk he didn’t wish them bringing back and if necessary they should be killed, Campion’s opinion was appropriate. Thinking there was no point in putting it off any longer he sent a runner for two squads of hunters and a squad of guardians and sat down to await their arrival. It was less than ten minutes later when the last of them arrived. He explained, “I wish the six ship Mistresses and Masters and their crew bringen here to collect their newfolk first. After a few minutes to have spaech with them, I then will the six men who are being placet with them bringen here. Make sure, before they arrive, they have naught they can use to hurt any with. The ship Masters and crew are to be protectet. I don’t will any knifes in sight, but be ready to use them at no notice at all. Don’t make work for the healers. If you need to use a knife you use it to kill. Is that understandt?”

The three squads indicated their acknowledgement and left. The ship Mistresses and Masters with three large and tough looking crew each duly arrived. Will explained to them he was going to be blunt with the incomers and violence was possible, “I don’t wish you involvt. You are going to have to deal with any surviving incomers, and I don’t wish them bearing grudges gainst you. My staff will deal with aught that happens here.”

The captains and crew fully accepted the reasoning, and they all waited just a minute or so before Will’s crafters escorted in the six disgruntled looking men. Will assumed they hadn’t liekt being searched for weapons, but he wasn’t bothered. “It has been decidet you will take a placement at sea,” he stated. He waited for any response, but there wasn’t any. “The healers adviest four of you, for your own haelth, need to be a long way from a source of alcohol. Our ships are dry, and so is any supply place you will dock at in the next four lunes or so.” He looked at Alastair and continued, “Your problems are unknown to us. I am telt you will be hale now you have no more of your pill herbs, but it is considert by the healers to be in your best interests to go to sea.” He looked at Otis, “I decidet you would go to sea because I don’t trust your commitment to the Folk.” Otis looked sullen, but he said nothing.

Looking berount at all of them Will continued, “You have choices to make. We won’t make them for you. We’ve no intention of telling you how to live or how to die. You are free to do what ever you will. However, we have even less intention of allowing you to tell us what we must do for you. If you decide you wish to live with us you live by the Castle Way. If you wish to live with us you go to sea. If you don’t wish to live with us none cares where you go as long as you leave the vicinity of the areas inhabitet by the Folk immediately. If you wish to live elsewhere feel free to do so, but be warnt, once you have left us if you try to return or to thief from us we shall track you and kill you. You have been telt what we bethink us your chances of survival are, but it’s your choice. Go to sea, or leave us now.

“You either return fully committet to the Folk as Folk, or you won’t be coming back. You are shipping out on six different ships, and the Mistresses, Masters and their crews have all been telt if you present any problem at all you can join the other eleven dead. If you are a problem I wish you dead, and I don’t care how you die. They can throw you overboard, they can kill you themselves, or they can beach you and allow Castle to take care of the matter. They know I shall be seriously irritatet if they bring any who is a problem back to the Keep for me to kill. If you return we shall accept you as one of us, and we shall do our best to help you find family and craft placements of what ever kind you are looking for. I wish you to return. We all wish you to return, but only as Folk. Does any have any questions, or wish to leave us to make his own way?”

There were no responses, so Will continued, “Go with your ship Mistresses, Masters and their crews. They will take you to your ship, and they’ll ensure you don’t leave before you sail. Your ships sail on the eve tide. You leave with the good wishes of the Folk, and what ever you may bethink you of me, with mine too.”

The ship Mistresses and Masters notified the men whom they were to take, and the crews surrounded their new shipmates. They all left leaving Will with a huge sense of relief. He’d had no idea what was going to happen, and that was, potentially at least, the most problematic group with all the older men in it. He dealt with the others in a similar way, first the miners’ placements and then the foresters’. The only difference being they were leaving immediately with the rest of the craftsfolk and their waggons. The newfolk were telt if they were seen berount the Keep after an hour had passed they were dead men. Will’s justification was simple, “You were less than enthusiastic regards joining us, and you are receiving the same treatment in return. We are less than enthusiastic regards expending the effort to keep you alive. Go to your placement, prove your commitment to us, and you will be well come on your return. We shall then organise your personal placements.” Since these men were relatively young he had no doubt most of them would do that, but he didn’t expect all of them to return.

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00005180

CREATING A FAMILY

EARLY EVE MIRIAM (28) AND ROGER (26) LAUREN (11) DERMOT (9) LINDSAY (6) SCOTT (4)

2nd of Chent Day 5
When Miriam and Roger had discussed agreement he had willingly gone along with her need for children. They had decided to adopt four, and what ever children they subsequently had they would consider to be a bonus. They left the growers meeting, and went to the Master at arms office to acquire a suite of chambers big enough for their needs. It was arranged a medium siezt domestic pack and all appropriate furniture would be organised and delivery arranged by the Master at arms staff. From there they went to the crèche. When telt there were no more babes in need of adoption Miriam had said she hadn’t wished to nurse a babe. She knew other women who had done so, and had thought of it, but she had dismissed the idea. She couldn’t explain why she felt that way she just did. They adopted Lauren who was eleven, Dermot who was nine, Lindsay who was six and Scott who was four.

As had been arranged beforehand they went to dine at Outgangside with Miriam’s new sister Chanterelle, her man Ingot and their children, Luval who was thirteen, Seriousth who was twelve and Bunting who was eleven. After eating, Luval went to the infirmary where he was crafting overnight and the six new siblings and cousins, accompanied by their mothers, taekt Ingot’s dogs out for some exercise whilst their fathers went to Miriam and Roger’s new chambers to ensure all was ready for them when they returned. A couple of hours later the men had finished moving furniture and were taking a mug of leaf when the women arrived with the children. Beds were maekt, and the family settled in before eating the supper the two women had prepared at Chanterelle’s chambers. Before Chanterelle and her family returned to their chambers the children had arranged to meet for dancing practice next forenoon. Lindsay and Scot had been delighted to hear there were ropes to climb, tunnels to explore and swings there too.

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00005190

WILL LOOSES A BOTTLE

BEFORE DINNER THE COUNCIL

2nd of Chent Day5

As agreed two days before, the Council and the other Folk who had been involved in the assimilation of the incomers met to discuss progress. There had been no emergencies over the last two days, and it was expected considerable progress would have been maekt.

Alfalfa was laughing at a disgruntled Will as they entered the Council chamber. Will was saying in aggrieft tones, “You must admit, it was not unreasonable to doubt the boy.”

Alfalfa laught even more and looked berount as she taekt her chair. Yew with his usual ability to sniff out aught unusual or interesting, especially if it discomforted his friends, asked, “What has Will been doing?”

Will looked pained and said to Alfalfa, “Tell him, or he’ll give neither of us any saught,(11) and any hap some one will tell him eventually.”

Yew looked at Alfalfa like a tracking dog hot on a scent, and she asked him, “Have you come across the magnificent, wild eyet, intractable entire that came with the incursion?”

“You mean the one Gudrun ticet(12) into the paddock with some mares ready for breeding?”

“That’s the one. Jon sayt it was completely unhandleable and so dangerous he wouldn’t go in the paddock with it, and he ordert his apprentices to stay away from it. It lookt as if its entire future was going to be improving our riding stock and naught else. None had been able to approach it without it rearing and kicking out. We’d just had lunch and were admiring its action and subsequent performance serving a mare. We were bemoaning its wildth and wondering what it would be like to ride. Will’s kennel squad was there, and Chris had a bag of dryt apples. He’s six of our years and the youngest of the lot, and he was throwing the odd small one over the fence to the stallion after its performance. The beast was obviously enjoying them. The boy stopt throwing apples, and when the stallion reacht three good strides from the fence expecting more Chris tipt the bag out inside the fence.

“The stallion taekt another stride to the fence wishing the apples, and Chris launcht himself off the top of the fence onto the stallion. The stallion screamt, reart nigh to vertical and taekt off with Chris. There must have been near to ten feet of daylight between its belly and the fence as it cleart it. Will telt Gudrun, ‘I’ll go for a waggon, and inform the Healers.’ Gudrun telt him, ‘Watch and learn, Will. There’ll be no need for a waggon or the healers. Just watch and learn.’ Will bet Gudrun a bottle of Joseph’s best the stallion would rid itself of the boy within the minute. The boy stickt to the stallion like a tick despite everything it could do with four, three, two, one and no legs on the ground. Mercy, you should have seen it. It was as if the boy knoewn what the stallion was going to do before it doet. The boy wasn’t even trying to stay on it. He was enjoying himself.

“Half an hour later after having let it go where it willen he gallopt it as fast as the beast could cover the ground, and mercy can it run, berount and berount the paddock, all the while making it more amenable to his will. An hour after he threw himself onto its back Chris, after having ridden it into the ground, bringen it back lathert to its ear tips and absolutely exhaustet. Chris lookt fresh as firstlight frost. Gudrun opent the paddock gate for them, and at a walk Chris rode it to the water tank, spaeking to it all the while. He slid off the beast, pattet it’s neck, and can you believe it, cautiont it gainst drinking too much calt water and catching a chill! When it had drinken as much as he considert wise he climbt the tank, jumpt back on, rode it back to the pile of apples and it was eating them off his hands.

“He offert gratitude to the horse for the ride and sayt to us, ‘He’s neither vicious nor dangerous. He’s just afeart and nervous because someone has hurt him in the past. He is a very good horse.’ Six years old! You should have hearet the cheers of the rest of the squad. Will askt Gudrun how she knoewn Chris would do it when none had ever seen him ride before. Gudrun grint and telt us lastday she’d seen him with the mares with newbirtht foals. He’d been right in the midst of them petting the foals, and despite their total unfamiliarity with him the mares were pleast to see him and not in the least protective of the foals. She telt us the mares always know, and though she’d never met any like Chris before, her granddad had spaken of a woman he knoewn when he was in his twenties. Gudrun maintains the boy’s a horse Master and he’ll never need to braek a horse to his will. He’ll just ride them till they do his will from choice. “Gudrun was so pleast at taking a bottle off Will she rubt salt into his wounds by giving the stallion to Chris, since he was the only one who had been able to do aught with it she sayt it was in the interests of the Folk that she so doet. Xera says she already has the craftings of a song of it, and Will is still smarting a bit.”

The roars of laughter at the tale taekt several minutes to die down, and Yew, with tears of laughter in eyes, sympathetically poured Will a large brandy to help him recover. When he’d downed it Yew topped his glass up and joined him before passing the bottle berount. Xera had over the years created a number of songs concerning Will, not all of which redounded to his credit. Will regularly complained even his wife, Emma, whom he had been heartfriends with since she was five, laught at him when she heard one of Xera’s songs. Emma was renowned for reserving serious criticism of Will to herself and equally renowned for making up for that which she would allow none else to say. It was the only way she could handle so forceful a man she’d once telt her sister, who knew she had loved Will to distraction for over five and a half decades. Unlike the rest of the Council, Will was not looking forward to Xera’s next song.

Eventually Gareth asked Will to inform them of the losses experienced so far. “You know of Kyle whom Angélique killt, though you may not have known his name. The religious fanatic killt by Bruin was Mylar. I believe we’ve loes three addicts, Gosellyn?”

“Yes. The woman was Gillian, and she dien in the night three days since. The two men Allen and Simon dien the day after her deadth. We believe their addictions were complicatet by excessive alcohol drinking and if aught their deadths were probably due to the withdrawal from alcohol rather than their drugs. However, the other addicts seem to have managt to survive their withdrawals, doubtless we shall know more when they return, or no, to the Keep.”

Will resumed, “I suspect most of you are aware of the rape of Lucinda by two of the intransigents, Sniff and Jordan.” Will looked berount the Council chamber, and the grim faces indicated there was none who was unaware, so he continued, “On Thomasʼ decree, I have instructt Gimlet and Leech to enforce the Way.” A murmur of approval went berount the chamber at that, though most already knew. “What you may not have hearet yet is the men managt to thief some brandy off a half loadet waggon sent to assist in striking the camp. Whilst drinkn, two of the remaining intransigents Arnie and Damien decidet to rearrange each other’s tripes with sharpent table knifes last night. The remaining man, Ashleigh, left the camp drinkn and dien from deepcaltth overnight. Which takes care of all six of them.

“I also suspect all have hearet Harry, one of the reluctants, tryt to rape a young newfolk woman in the early hours of Quarterday in the Refectory. Luckily for us and unluckily for him he chose the wrong young woman. She objectet and killt him with a kitchen knife. What you probably do not know is Milligan has left the dryt blood on it and is it having it put in a display case mountet on the wall in the Refectory with the legend A dull knife can be dangerous. A sharp one should be.” There was an appreciative ripple of amusement, and all looked at Milligan. Milligan, who was known for his rare but trenchant sense of humour, just shrugged his shoulders. Will finished by saying, “So that’s eleven dead so far without including any who don’t return of course.”

Plume asked, “Gosellyn, Will, you both refert to when they return to the Keep. Whom are we spaeking of, and where have they goen?”

Gosellyn looked at Will and indicated he should reply. “My sorrow, Plume, and any other who doesn’t know what I was spaeking of. It’s hard to know sometimes who knows what. Twenty-nine men, reluctants, ex-alcoholics and ex-addicts are to be removt from the Keep. Twenty-three have already goen with departing forestry and mine crews earlier thisday, and the last six will be going on ships which sail on thiseve’s tide. Most I now believe will become good Folk, but there are some who I suspect will not be returning. We wisht them far away from any vulnerable Folk and with those who if necessary will be able to deal with them permanently. They will be away for four lunes, and it was decidet on Campion and Gosellyn’s advice to deal with their personal placements if and when they return.”

Plume and a few others nodded in understanding but said naught. Gareth also nodded to Will and after a moment to finish writing his notes asked, “Gosellyn, what can you tell us of Lucinda?”

“She is crafting making soap with Camomile and Meredith now, and we hope eventually she will recover mentally as well as physically. All that can be doen for her will be doen and time will heal her. Just how tightly, and how much time it will take we don’t know, but it looks promising.” Gosellyn paused and then continued, “All the elders and older adults seeking to be grandparents have marryt, been adoptet or both, and all the babes have been adoptet. All the girls have been adoptet, and all except eight of the boys have too. The eight who have not are all in Will’s kennel squad, and despite their undoubtet hard work and Milligan’s approval of them, it is feart it may prove difficult to find families willing to take them as they are a bit of a handful and somewhat unpredictable as young Chris demonstratet. We are going to leave it a few days, but if they are still without homes Campion and I shall look at the files of Folk wishing sons and make approaches. Those verst in the archives know, no matter how bad a child’s history or behaviour before Castle, Castle always turns them into good Folk eventually. The younger they are the faster it happens, and it has never been recordet that a child was irredeemable and endet dead.”

Milligan added, “They are hard-working boys and an asset to us all. I shall continue to make sure every one is aware of that.”

“What have we still to deal with, then?” Yew asked the question of none in particular, but looked berount the Council as he asked.

Gosellyn replied, “Of the remaining incomers all except fourty or so have findt a husband, wife or family and are either pursuing a craft, or they are pregnant and making babe clothes with a craft to take up after their birthing. It is feelt there is no cause for concern except with the five pregnant young women who are still at the camp, and possibly with Veronica, a woman in her forties. We believe eventually Veronica will reach acceptance of her situation and find a placement, though we do seem to have run out of ideas with the pregnant young women.”

Aaron, who to this point had said naught, said, “I shall have spaech with them.”

“Is that it then?” asked Yew. There were nods of agreement, and Yew remarked, “We’ll meet again here at the same time nextday. I have a new son coming to dine thisnight, and if I am not ready I suspect my life will not be too pleasant awhile.”

There was a lot of laughter at that. They all knew of Mintʼs man Kevin, and Rowan would wish everything perfect for the young couple, which would no doubt explain her absence from the meeting.

CASTLE THE SERIES – 00005200

COMING TO TERMS

EVE STACEY (19) AND JUNIPER (21)

2nd of Chent Day 5

When Juniper came to see Stacey that eve after his duty he asked her to marry him, and she accepted. She knew he loved her, and though she was a good deal more pragmatic regards marriage than he she wished to make sure of him before someone else married him. By marrying him though young she would have the status of a married woman which she wished. However, she did have a great deal of difficulty coming to terms accepting her pregnancy, far from making her fat and ugly, maekt her exceedingly attractive on Castle, and Juniper, as all men of the Folk, thought it sexually attractive, the ultimate expression of womanhood. That eve they both had a lot of fun exploring their possibilities, and he shared her inadequately siezt bed that night.

They went to the Master at arms office the following forenoon, to arrange for a suite of chambers with a suitably siezt bed. After sorting out their new accommodation and some furniture they went to see Juniper’s mother Meliot. Meliot had heard a lot of Stacey from Juniper. He didn’t realise how much he had spaken of her. His mother knew he wished her to wife and was relieved to find he hadn’t been disappointed. She maekt her new daughter well come, and they discussed what the young couple wished their future to hold. Meliot offered her a placement as an apprentice weaver, and Stacey decided after the babe was birtht she would like to join his kin as a weaver.

Index of significant characters so far listed by Chapter

1 Introduction
2 Jacques de Saint d’Espéranche
3 The Folk and the Keep
4 Hwijje, Travisher, Will
5 Yew, Allan, Rowan,Siskin, Will, Thomas, Merle, Molly, Aaron, Gareth, Oak, Abigail, Milligan, Basil, Vinnek, Iris, Margæt, Gilla, Alsike, Alfalfa, Gibb, Happith, Kroïn, Mako, Pilot, Briar, Gosellyn, Gren, Hazel
6 Chaunter, Waxwing, Flame, João, Clansaver, Irune, Ceël, Barroo, Campion, Limpet, Vlæna, Xera, Rook, Falcon, Cwm, Sanderling, Aldeia, Catarina, Coast, Elixabete,
7Mercedes, Spoonbill
8 Lyllabette, Yoomarrianna
9 Helen, Duncan, Gosellyn, Eudes, Abigail
10 George/Gage, Iris, Waverley, Belinda
11 Marc/Marcy, Pol
12 George/Gage, Marcy, Freddy/Bittern, Weyland, Iris, Bling
13 Thomas, Will, Mercedes, Llyllabette, Yoomarrianna
14 Kyle, Thomas, Will, Angélique
15 Mercedes, Morgelle, Gorse, Thrift, George/Gage, Chris, Iris, Thrift, Campion
16 Bling
17 Waverley, Mr. E
18 George/Gage, Larch, Mari, Ford, Gorse, Morgelle, Luke, Erin
19 Will, Pilot, Yew, Geoge/Gage, Mari, Ford, Gosellyn, Cwm, Cerise, Filbert, Gareth, Duncan, Helen, Thomas, Iris, Plume, Campion, Pim, Rook, Falcon, João, Hare
20 Yew, Rowan, Will, Thomas, Siskin, Weir, Grayling, Willow
21 Brook, Harrier, Cherry, Abby, Selena, Borage, Sætwæn, Fiona, Fergal
22 Yew, Thomas, Hazel, Rowan, Gosellyn, Siskin, Will, Lianna, Duncan
23 Tench, Knawel, Claire, Oliver, Loosestrife, Bramling, George, Lyre, Janice, Kæn, Joan, Eric
24 Luke, Sanderling, Ursula, Gervaise, Mike, Spruce, Moss
25 Janet, Vincent, Douglas, Alec, Alice
26 Pearl, Merlin, Willow, Ella, Suki, Tull, Irena
27 Gina, Hardy, Lilac, Jessica, Teal, Anna
28 Bryony, Judith, Bronwen, Farsight
29 Muriel, Raquel, Grace
30 Catherine, Crane, Snipe, Winifred, Dominique, Ferdinand
31 Alma, Allan, Morris, Miranda
32 Dabchick, Nigel
33 Raquel, Thistle, Agrimony, Benjamin, Ian, Phœbe
34 Eleanor, Woad, Catherine, Crane
35 Muriel, Hail, Joan, Breve, Eric, Nell, Mayblossom, Judith, Storm
36 Selena,Sætwæn, Borage, Grace, Gatekeeper, Raquel, Thistle
37 Siân, Mackerel, Winifred, Obsidian
38 Carla, Petrel, Alkanet, Ferdinand
39 Dominique, Oxlip, Alma, Allan, Tress, Bryony
40 Agrimony, Benjamin, Ian, Ella, Kestrel, Judith, Storm
41 Ella, Kestrel, Tress, Bryony, Tunn, Whin, Plane
42 Weights & Measures and Sunrise & Sunset Times included in Ch 41
43 Ella, Kestrel, Serenity, Smile, Gwendoline, Rook, Tress, Bryony, Tunn, Whin, Plane, Sapphire, Mere
44 Pearl, Merlin, Rainbow, Perch, Joan, Breve, truth, Rachael, Hedger, Ruby, Deepwater
45 Janet, Blackdyke, Janice, Kæn, Ursula, Oyster
46 Janet, Gina, Alastaire, Joan, Breve, Truth, Bræth, Mayblossom, Judith, Storm
47 The Squad, Mercedes, Fen, Judith, Storm, Iola, Alwydd, Heidi, Rock, Stephanie, Matthew
48 Bronwen, Forest, Opal, Spice, Vincent, Kathleen, Niall, Bluebell, Sophie
49 Janice, Kæn, Ursula, Oyster, Imogen, Wryneck, Phœbe, Knapps
50 Erin, Nightjar, Eleanor, Woad
51 Gina, Jonas, Janet, Gerald, Patrick, Tansy, Craig, Barret, Ryan
52 Constance, Rye, Bling, Bullace, Berry, Jimmy, Leveret, Rory, Shelagh, Silas
53 Rachael, Hedger, Eve, Gilla, Mallard, Fiona, Fergal, Tinder, Nightingale, Fran, Dyker
54 Pamela, Mullein, Patricia, Chestnut, Lavinia, Ophæn, Catherine, Crane
55 Susan, Kingfisher, Janet, Gina, Jonas, Ruth, Kilroy, Judith, Storm, Iola, Alwydd, Heidi, Rock, Stephanie, Matthew
56 Gina, Jonas, Patricia, Chestnut, The Squad, Hazel, Janet, Blackdyke, Swift, Clover, Vetch, Mangel, Clary, Brendan
57 Erin, Nightjar, Xera, Josephine, Wels, Michelle, Musk, Swansdown, Tenor
58 Timothy, Axel, Nectar, Waverley,Yvette, Whitebear, Firefly, Farsight, Janet, Blackdyke, Swift, Clover, Vetch
59 Lilac, Firefly, Farsight, Lucinda, Gimlet, Leech, Janet, Blackdyke
60 Douglas, Lunelight, Yvette, Whitebear, Thrift, Haw, Harebell, Goosander, Judith, Storm, Iola, Alwydd, Heidi, Rock, Stephanie, Matthew, Matilda, Evan, Heron
61 Brendan, Clary, Chloë, Apricot, Llyllabette, Yoomarrianna, Otis, Harry, Gimlet, Leech, Jodie
62 Gimlet, Leech, Lark, Seth, Charles, Bruana, Noah, Kirsty, Shirley, Mint, Kevin, Faith, Oak, Lilly, Jason, Gem, Ellen
63 Honesty, Peter, Bella, Abel, Kell, Deal, Siobhan, Scout, Jodie
64 Heather, Jon, Anise, Holly, Gift, Dirk, Lilac, Jasmine, Ash, Beech, Ivy, David
65 Sérent, Dace, Opal, Spice, Vincent, Clarissa, Gorse, Eagle, Frond, Diana, Gander, Gyre, Tania, Alice, Alec
66 Suki, Tull, Buzzard, Mint, Kevin, Harmony, Fran, Dyker, Joining the Clans, Pamela, Mullein, Mist, Francis, Kristiana, Cliff, Patricia, Chestnut, Timothy, Axel, Nectar, Waverly, Tarragon, Edrydd, Louise, Turnstone, Jane, Mase, Cynthia, Merle, Warbler, Spearmint, Stonecrop
67 Warbler, Jed, Fiona, Fergal, Marcy, Wayland, Otday, Xoë, Luval, Spearmint, Stonecrop, Merle, Cynthia, Eorle, Betony, Smile
68 Pansy, Pim,Phlox, Stuart, Marilyn, Goth, Lunelight, Douglas, Crystal, Godwit, Estelle, Slimlyspoon, Lyre, George, Damson, Lilac
69 Honesty, Peter, Abel, Bella, Judith, storm, Matilda, Evean, Iola, Heron, Mint, Kevin, Lilac, Happith, Gloria, Peregrine
70 Lillian, Tussock, Modesty, Thyme, Vivienne, Minyet, Ivy, David, Jasmine, Lilac, Ash, Beech
71 Quartet & Rebecca, Gimlet & Leech, The Squad, Lyre & George, Deadth, Gift
72 Gareth, Willow, Ivy, David, Kæna,Chive, Hyssop, Birch, Lucinda, Camomile, Meredith, Cormorant, Whisker, Florence, Murre, Iola, Milligan, Yarrow, Flagstaff, Swansdown, Tenor, Morgan, Yinjærik, Silvia, Harmaish, Billie, Jo, Stacey, Juniper

Word Usage Key
Some commonly used words are below. Replace th on end of words with ness and t with d or ed and most of the rest are obvious if sounded out aloud. Some words with n or en on the end can be easily understood if the n is replaced by a d. Only difficult words and words that do not exist in English are now referred to specifically.

Agreän(s), those person(s) one has marital agreement with, spouse(s).
Bethinkt, thought.
Braekt, broke.
Doet, did. Pronounced dote.
Doetn’t, didn’t. Pronounced dough + ent.
Findt, found,
Goen, gone
Goent, went.
Lastdaysince, the day before yesterday.
Loes, lost.
Maekt, made.
Nextdaynigh, the day after tomorrow.
Sayt, said.
Taekt, took.
Telt, told.
Uest, used.

1 Haelth, health.
2 Whilth, distance in terms of time to cover it.
3 Honeygourd, melon.
4 Scrubgourd, Luffa acutangula.
5 Lastbloom root, root of rosebay willow herb, Epilobiun angustifolium, also known as Chamaenerion angustifolium.
6 Earthnuts, pignuts, Conopodium majus.
7 Lingberry, lingon related to cranberry:Vaccinium vitis-idaea.
8 Honeyroots, sugarbeet.
9 Sweetstuff, sugar.
10 Aegt, aged.
11 Saught, peace.
12 Ticet, enticed.

up
19 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos