Velvet Part 14

Printer-friendly version

We arrive several minutes later at the condo that Emygdia owns. Jack parks the Blazer in the assigned spot that belongs to Emygdia. Ajax is the first one out of the blazer and looks around at the cars surrounding us. He lets out a low whistle as I and Jack get out of the blazer.

“You never said Emygdia was loaded and lived the rich life, Vicky.” Ajax runs his left hand down one of the BMWs parked nearby to us.

“Hey, I had no idea how much money she has or where she gets it.” I look around at the cars nearby and see that most of them down here are worth more than my little Honda or Jack’s Blazer.

“Right now, I don’t care how much money she has. All I want to do is go and soak in her tub and get some sleep.” I grab my overnight bag along with Jack’s.

“Do you think anyone is going to complain about the way my Blazer looks?” Jack turns around and takes a look at his blazer.

“Who cares. If they have a problem with it, they can go and take a long walk off a short pier.” As I start walking towards an elevator that will take us up to the floor Emygdia’s condo is located on. Once I reach it, I turn around and see Ajax behind me, but Jack is still standing staring at his damaged blazer.

“Oh! Will you come on. I’ll have Kim take it to her garage and fix it for you. She’s been needing some new work and owe’s me a favor anyway.” I walk into the elevator as it opens its door.

Jack turns around and starts walking towards me and Ajax. “You are sure she won’t mind fixing the damage to the Blazer?” as Jack stands next to me in the elevator.

“Nope, she won’t mind. Right now, business is slow and she needs something to keep her busy so she doesn’t go stir crazy. Besides, she has been itching to get her hands on your blazer for a while now.” I push the button for the second floor. The elevator starts moving.

“What do you mean she’s been wanting to get her hands on my blazer for a while now?” Jack turns to look me in the eyes.

I just smile at him. “I can’t tell you that Jack. She made me promise and you know as well as I do, I can’t break that promise.”

“Did she have anything to do with the damage to my blazer tonight Vicky?” Jack searches my face for an answer.

“Nope, she made me promise about a month ago. She knew that I would call you for help on a case and that something would either happen to my Honda or your Blazer. So, she told me that if something did happen to your blazer to have you bring it to her and she’ll take care of it for you.”

“How come I get the feeling that there is more to it than that?” Jack just shakes his head in this belief.

The elevator stops on the floor we want. The doors open and you wouldn’t believe the hallway in front of us. It looked like something from the lifestyles of the rich and famous. Pure white walls with beautiful colorful flowers and butterflies on them. The table in front of the elevator looks to be crafted from a master artist or something from the old country.

“Left, or right?” as Ajax exists first.

“Left,” I watch as Ajax heads down the hallway.

The carpet in the hallway is so good that even with my enhanced hearing, I don’t even hear Ajax any of our footsteps as we walked down the hallway towards Emygdia condo. Ajax stops all of sudden and steps aside so I could come upfront. The door he stopped at you could tell belonged to Emygdia because of the unique brass plate with Spanish writing on it. It was the old-world spelling of Emygdia done up in her native language.

“Well, guys here we are. Home Sweet Home.” as I put the key Emygdia gave me in the lock and give it a good twist.

The door opens and a strong scent of Jasmine fills the air. The lights automatically come on as soon as I walk into the main hallway.

“Emygdia could have warned me about the lights coming on.” As I head into the living with Ajax behind me and Jack closing the door and following.

“Maybe she forgot Vicky. Her scent isn’t very strong here. From the way the place smells, I would have to say no one has been in here for at least a year or more.” as Ajax plops down in one of the recliners and relaxes.

I head over towards one of the bedrooms and check it out. The bed inside the first room is spacious and well decorated. It has a Victorian canopy style queen size bed and all the other furniture in here looks to have been selected around the bed. Even the walls seem to match the style and feel of the bed. Off to the right of the bed is a huge walk-in closet and next to it is the Master Bathroom.

“I’m taking this room.” as I turn around and see Jack standing in the doorway.

“I figure you would. Ajax said he’ll crash in the recliner and I’ll take the other bedroom.” Jack holds his hand out to me.

“Sounds good to me. Why don’t you and Ajax go ahead and take your showers first? I know Emygdia normally keeps her place stock with shampoo and such.” I toss Jack his overnight bag.

“Mind if I use the bathroom in here then and let Ajax use the other one?”

“Not at all, I have to call Tom anyway, so I’ll step out on the balcony while you are taking your shower.” I pick up my cell phone and head out onto the balcony with it.

Jack turns his head to look in the living room “Go ahead and take your shower Ajax. I’m going to take mine in here while Vicky is talking to her husband.”

“Okay.”

I hear the recliner close up as Ajax gets up to take his shower. I close the door leading out onto the balcony and press the number I have for my husband on speed dial. I look out over the city and inhale the cold night air. It sends shivers threw out my body as my nose picks up the scent of something undead nearby. I look around from my vantage point as a man drops from above the build and hovers directly in front of me.

I look at him and automatically recognize him as one of Mistress Selena’s children.

“Hello, Sebastian, what brings you out on a night like this?” as I close up my cell phone since Tom didn’t answer.

A slow smile appears on his handsome pale face as he hovers closer to the balcony I am standing on.

"A matter of honor does Victoria. Your father before he died owed me a favor for a job I did for him. So now I am here to collect on that debt."

"What favor are you asking about Sebastian? My father never said anything about a case he worked on that involved a favor from you." I look at Sebastian with a puzzled look on my face.

"If you don't mind Victoria, I would prefer to continue this conversation somewhere more quiet and less likely to be overheard." as he floats closer to the railing.

"Fine, you have my permission to enter until I withdraw it." I step aside on the balcony so he can stand next to me.

"Thank you." Sebastian lands next to me.

I open the sliding glass doors and head inside before Sebastian just in case Ajax and Jack are done with their showers and might think Sebastian is attacking the place. As soon as we are inside I turned around to face him.

"Okay, what's the deal here Sebastian?" as I stand there with my hands on my hips.

He lifts one of his eyebrows as he smiles at me.

"The deal is Victoria as you so like to put it. Is that your father owes me a debt and I have come here to collect on it. Since you have inherited his business. That debt has transferee to you. Unless you feel that your father's honor means nothing to you." Sebastian gives me a wicked
grin.

Low rubble echoes deep inside my throat and my eyes flash to their wolf state. I don't like people insulting my father or his honor.

"I'll honor this debt he has with you, Sebastian. What is it that you want me to do?" I brush a lock of my hair back behind my left ear.

"I need for you to promise to protect and watch after a family descendent of mine. I've been doing everything I can for her since the death of her parents. She's a very unique young woman and with everything that is going on I think she might be the next target."

"And why do you say that?" I look at him and wonder if he is on the level with me.

"Because she has fae blood running through her veins as your family does and it makes her a target. She has just recently discovered that she commands the element of air and can summon the elementals associated with it. Which as you know makes her a prime target for that vampire you are hunting down."

"That still doesn't tell me why you need my help. If she can summon and control the element of air she can defend herself better than I could. I know that for a fact. Fae half breeds and Fae’s themselves that control the elements are the most powerful people to beat."

"She's blind Victoria. She became blind from the car accident her parents were in. They were behind a dump truck carrying scrap metal when several pieces started falling from it and struck her parent’s car. One of the pieces was made from cold iron and struck her in the eyes blinding
her for life."

"Ouch! I feel sorry for her. I know what cold iron does to a half-breed fae like her. But how do you fit into this? Does she know who or what you are?" as I look at him for an answer.

"She has no idea about me, and I wish to keep it that way. Everything I have done for her I have done with the aid of my trusted servant. I don't want her to know about me or my existence either. It could jeopardize her life even more than it is now. If any of my enemies I have made
found out about her. They wouldn't waste any time using her against me. Plus, she is the last living member of my family bloodline and I wish to preserve my bloodline."

"Wow! Who would had thought that you guys would be so sentimental about something so human as bloodlines." I stand there watching his reaction to my taunt.

He just stares at me and doesn't let any of his emotions show on his face.

"Where is she staying at now? And why can't the people taking care of her protect her?"

"Because the human couple that is taking care of her now is having health problems and is close to death as is. They live in a condo down on the oceanfront in Virginia Beach."

"Do they know about her uniqueness?" I start thinking about how hard it would be for them to be raising a half-fae child. My mother had a hard time just raising me, my sister, and my brother. I know once my sister learned what she was able to do. She would use her magic to play pranks on me and some of the other kids at school. My brother on the other hand knew how to avoid her.

"Yes, they figured it out on their own and did everything they could to help her through the coming of age problems associated with the onset of her magic."

"Then that would mean she is a teenager then. How old is she?"

"She just turned 15 last week." as a proud smile appears on his face.

"And I bet you are already thinking about marrying her off so she can produce children to carry on your family bloodline. Geez!! You men are pigs You can't even give her time to enjoy life before forcing her to have children. You are so stuck in the Middle Ages man. “ I shake
my head back and forth.

"I'm doing no such thing Victoria. I agree she needs to enjoy life first and find that special someone. Maybe another like herself or a pure blood fae even. I don't think a normal human is up to the task of caring for her or her offspring."

"Must I remind you that one of her parents must have been normal or a half breed themselves to produce her? You can only get a half-fae child either by knocking up a female fae herself or by knocking up a human female. Or if your family bloodline, has it in their genes and
it lays dormant." as I look directly into his deep-sea blue eyes.

Most people wouldn't be able to do this, but thanks to my family's bloodline it doesn't bother me. As a precaution, you normally don't look a vampire in the eyes cause it gives them a way to look into your soul and your mind as well. They can use their powers to control you and you would never know it.

"Yes, I know all about how half faes come about Victoria. After all your family has been marrying in and out of the fae clans for ages. Then you go and pollute your bloodline by adding werewolf and werecat blood to it."

"Hey, I can't help what my family does. After all, doesn't some of your kind seek us out because they find us attractive? After all, wasn't it one of your council members of your kind that kidnap one of my family becauses he was in love with her, but she didn't love him? If I remember the story right. One of our fae relatives rescue her from that vampire and killed him and every vampire he ever sires." When my family or any of my family members get in trouble or need the help of one of our purebloods fae relatives’ things can get out of hand.

That was one of the reasons a universe council was formed to make sure things like this never happen again. Certain members of my fae relatives take their responsibility to us to heart and will do whatever it is to make sure we live on. No one knows why, but we try never to call them for help.

"That is in the past and hopefully it will never happen again. But will you do as I ask and take care of my relative?" Sebastian looks into my own brown eyes for the answer.

"You already know my answer to your question Sebastian, or you would never have asked me to do it. I'll have to tell Tom everything you know. After all, he is my husband and a member of the council."

"I know Victoria." he reaches into one of his suit pockets and pulls forth a picture and a piece of paper as well.

"Here's a picture of Kimberly and a number you can reach her at as well a number you can reach me at if you need anything. I'll be sending her to you by cab tomorrow.

"You know I'm still in the middle of an investigation here, don't you?"

"Yes, but the life of Kimberly is more important right now, and the fact she is linked to the investigation will be of help to you." Sebastian gives me a smug look.

"Fine! I'll meet her at my place tomorrow afternoon. Now if you don't mind. I would like to take a shower and get some sleep." as I try to cover up a yawn.

Sebastian tilt's his head towards me and turns around to leave. Just before he opens the sliding glass doors to the balcony. He stops and turns towards me with a very serious look on his face.

"Victoria as much as I respect your family and you. If anything happens to Kimberly. There will be no place on this planet that I will not hunt you and every one of your family lines. Including your husband. She is the last of my line and that makes her very important to me." he looks at me with a look that could kill me.

In my sweetest voice and a little irritation in my voice since I don't like people treating me or my family "Then I better make sure she is taken very good care of and protected."

"You do that Victoria. Cause I would hate to see anything happen to you. I've grown rather fond of you." as he opens the sliding glass door and heads out onto the balcony closing the sliding glass door behind him.

I stand there dumbfounded looking at the glass doors leading to the balcony. I had never known that Sebastian had taken a liking to me.
As I am standing there, I hear Jack coming out of the shower in the Master bedroom. Ajax is still showering in the main bathroom. I pick up my gym bag and head into the Master Bedroom where I see Jack standing there in his birthday suit.

He turns and looks at me as I enter and start undressing.

"I knew you couldn't resist me, Vicky." as he gives me a smug look.

"In your dreams." I head into the bathroom and fill the extremely large bathtub up with hot water hot enough to scald the skin.

I take out a small packet of bath beads my sister made for me and dump it into the tub as it fills with water and then climb in afterward after shutting the water off.

"Mmmmm!!!, as a low pleasing rumble builds in my throat as I close my eyes and relax. I can hear Jack as he lays down on the bed.

"One down and one to go." as I mumble to myself and enjoy the bath beads and the hot water.

up
110 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This tail is getting intresting

Samantha Heart's picture

I am enjoying this story, keep wondering what will happen next. I'm wondering about this rouge vampire & those goth wanna be teens... they seam connected somehow, at least to me it seams that way.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.