The Guilty Are Always Caught Chapter 4

Printer-friendly version

Around midnight, Katlain receives a phone call from Jester. She was in the process of reading some background info about what took place between Maxine Puscat and Shawn Grubbs. She picks her cell phone up off the nightstand and presses accept.

“Hello, Jester.”

“Hey Katlain, I heard you came by the bar today. What can I do for you?” Jester looks at a poster hanging on the wall in her office at the club.

“I need to know about a group that is operating in Georgia.” Katlain knew if anyone knew about the group, Jester would.

“You know information cost. What would a car thief like yourself want to know about this group?” Jester knew Katlain was one of the best car thieves around.

“It’s personal.”

“Are sure it's not something else?”

“I’m sure, Jester. Now, how about that info?” Katlain knew what Jester was hinting at.

“Well, since you have asked so nicely. There is a new group operating in Georgia, but the name eludes me.” A smile appears on Jester’s face.
She loved the cat-and-mouse game when it came to selling information.

“Alright, what is it that you would like?” Katlain knew Jester not only took money for info but other things as well.

“In this case Katlain since it is you. How about ten grand?” Jester knew she could use the money.

“Alright, ten grand it is, but I’m only giving you half now.” Katlain presses a special app on her cellphone and transfers money to Jester’s special account.

“I know half now and half later if the info is true.”

“Bingo.” Katlain never pays full price for anything.

Jester hears her cell phone beep, letting her know a transfer has been initiated. She watches as the money drops into her account.

“Thank you, Katlain. I’m sending the info now.” Jester sends the encrypted information to Katlain’s account.

Katlain watches as her screen flashes, letting her know she just received an encrypted message. She opens the file and notices that it contains information on the group and the location of their base. According to the information, the group was operating out of Washington County, GA. They own several of the old plantations in the historic area of Washington.

The place she and her partner went to investigate was owned by them as well. Finding this Shawn Grubbs is going to be difficult. Katlain glances at the clock on her nightstand and notices it is two in the morning. If she went asleep now, she could get six hours in.

Katlain puts her cell phone back on the charger and turns her lamp off. She snuggles down under the blankets and tries to fall asleep. It takes her some time, but eventually she falls asleep.

When Katlain wakes up in the morning. She checks on Katherine and feeds and burps her. Plus, change her diaper. She noticed Molly wasn’t awake yet, which was fine. It was Molly’s day off from babysitting Katherine.

She carries Katherine into the kitchen with her and holds her as she goes about making breakfast for herself. While the coffee is brewing, she looks into the eyes of her little girl. She never thought she was going to be a mother when she was younger.

“How’s my little girl doing this morning?” Katlain smiles at her little girl.

She couldn’t believe how big Katherine was getting. When she took Katherine to the doctor she found her outside her garage door. She was just a tiny little thing that had just been born. Now, she getting bigger and turning into a heartbreaker. She had everyone wrapped around her little finger.

After breakfast, Katlain grabs her diaper bag and leaves some money for Molly. She grabs the keys to her Mach One Mustang and drives over to Faith’s and Julie’s apartment. She was glad her friends had found someone they loved.

As she makes her way up to their apartment. She knocks on the front door.

“Coming.” Julie couldn’t believe she and her sister were pregnant at the same time. She could hear Faith in the bathroom throwing up.

She rushes to the front door and opens it. A smile appears on her face when she spots her sister Katlain and her niece.

“Katlain, it's so nice to see you. Come on in.” Julie steps aside to let Katlain inside the apartment.

“Thanks. How are you and Faith doing?” Katlain steps inside the apartment with Katherine.

“We’re still throwing up. Doctor Smith said it will pass by the beginning or so of our fourth month.” Julie didn’t like hearing that.

“I wish there was something I could do to help you.” Katlain wishes she could help her friends.

“I know, sweetie. So, is Katherine spending the day with us?” Julie smiles at Katherine and plays with her hand.

“Yeah, I thought I would give Molly the day off.” Katlain knew how much Faith and Julie loved Katherine.

“Well, you know that Katherine is always welcome over here.” Julie takes Katherine from Katlain and holds her.

“Wait until she gets older.” Katlain knows how toddlers and teenagers can be.

“She’ll always be welcome here and soon she’ll have company.” Julie couldn’t wait to be a mother.

“With all the practice you and Faith get taking care of Katherine. You’ll make wonderful mothers.”

“Thanks.”

“Here’s Katherine’s diaper bag.” Katlain hangs Katherine’s diaper bag on a nearby chair.

“Okay.” Julie looks at Katlain with a smile on her face.

“Tell Faith hi for me.” Katlain knew she needed to get to the office.

“I will.” Julie walks with Katlain to the door and watches as she leaves.

Once Katlain is in her Mustang. She drives towards the police station.

up
79 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Criminal element

Samantha Heart's picture

Information is money within the criminal element. But sometimes you do what you have to in order to get what you need. $10k is ALOT of money just for information.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.