Project Wolf Den Part 4

Printer-friendly version

Morning Time At Clair’s Farm House:
Clair and Jasmine wake up first. Clair was the first one up and put her robe and slippers on, before walking downstairs. She peeks in on the young lady who ended up at her front door last night. The young woman was still asleep.

Clair starts making a pot of fresh coffee, instead of a single cup of coffee. As she brews the coffee, she wonders if the other girls enjoy freshly brewed coffee.

“Morning Grandma.” Jasmine waves to Clair as she comes walking into the kitchen.

Jasmine had come downstairs wearing her robe and slippers. When she went back to bed last night after getting Alya settled last night.

“How did you sleep, sweetie?” Clair knew Jasmine had stayed up helping Mrs. Fuks last night.

“I slept fine. I went back upstairs to my bedroom and no sooner did my head hit my pillow; I was asleep.” Jasmine walks over to the refrigerator and grabs two cans of cinnamon rolls to bake.

Clair watches Jasmine as she prepares two round baking pans for the canned cinnamon rolls. Normally, she would make them from scratch. However, since they had guests and one of them was asleep in the living room. She didn’t want to wake the young woman up.

While Jasmine prepares the oven for baking. Clair pulls out a pound of bacon and lays them out on a cookie sheet covered in wax paper. It makes it easier to clean and prevent the bacon from sticking to the pan.

By the time everything was ready to eat. Ada and Alya had woken up and came walking into the kitchen. Alya was still wearing the night gown Jasmine gave her to wear, while her clothes dried in the dryer. Ada was wearing her house robe and a pair of slippers that belonged to Clair. They were a little big on her tiny feet.

Alya was surprised when she woke up to the smell of cinnamon rolls, fresh biscuits, and bacon. When she walked into the kitchen she heard everyone gathered. She was even more surprised that there was freshly brewed coffee waiting to be drunk.

“Morning Alya.” Clair looked at Alya and could tell she wasn’t awake, yet.

Alya waves to Clair and the others. She wasn’t fully awake yet.

“I don’t think she’s awake, yet Grandma.” Jasmine saw how sleepy Alya still looked.

“I think your right, Jasmine.” Ada noticed that the woman who showed up last night wasn’t fully awake.

Alya looks at the brown-haired woman. She hasn’t met this person yet.

“I’m sorry, I’m Ada Franklin.” Ada holds her hand out to Alya.

“Alya Fuks. Mrs. Williams was kind enough last night to let me stay with her. My car broke down about five miles up the interstate.”

“You must have been soaked by the time you walked here.” Ada heard how heavy the rain was last night.

“She was soaked to the bone last night, Ada,” Jasmine remembered how soaked Alya was.

“After we eat and wake up some. I’ll take you down to your car, Alya.” Clair looks at Alya.

“Thank you.” Alya covers up a yawn.

Ada was debating what she should do since she came only to explore the old den. Since Clair already gave her a tour of the place yesterday. She wanted to know more about Clair’s group.

Flying Overhead:
Vadim had arrived early at the hangar where he stored his helicopter. His employer, Nickolas Kuznetsov had given him a few leads in locating a former enemy of his. He knew Mr. Kuznetsov wanted revenge against a former enemy from long ago. Mr. Kuznetsov had finally managed to escape the prison he had been sent to. He knew Mr. Kuznetsov wouldn’t risk going after the leaders of the group he hated.

He had already scouted them out and going after the first leader might work, but would draw too much attention to his group. As for the other person, he has heard that going after the Bounty clan was stupid. Mr. Bounty had a habit of making his enemies disappear. Every time someone has gone after Mr. Bounty, you never heard back from them. So, instead, he was going to go after one of the former members of the group that sent Mr. Kuznetsov to prison.

It had taken him some time and money to find out about this woman. She had covered her trail pretty well, but using a little force and a lot of money had gotten him some results. He preps his helicopter for take-off and files a flight plan.

He takes off from the airfield and flies out towards the location he was given for Clair Williams. The file he had on her, didn’t match the picture in the file he had gotten about the woman. He could see some resemblance between the two pictures. But he wasn’t sure if the two women were the same.

Back At Alya’s Car:
“Try to start it, Alya.” Clair watches the engine.

“Alright.” Alya turned the key and all she got was a clicking sound.

“Let me get my jump box from the truck.” Clair walks back to her truck and grabs the jump box.

Alya watches as Clair walks to the back of her truck and grabs a jump box. She hoped it was just a dead battery. If it was, she could always buy a new one and be on her way.

Clair grabs the jump box and hooks it up to the battery terminals. She double-checked the grips to make sure she had a good grip.

“Alright, try it now, Alya.” Clair stands back just in case it explodes.

Alya turns the key and the car tries to start, but it just won’t catch. She wonders what she did to the car now.

“Well, it looks like you’re going to need a professional. Do you have a mechanic you can take your car to?”

“Not really. I’ve never had a reason to take my car to anyone before.” Alya was devastated her car wouldn’t start.

“Well, I know Ada lives near Washington D.C. I think she lives in Alexandria. She could give you a ride home if need be.” Clair hopes she remembers right about Ada.

“I wonder where in Alexandria she lives? Because I live in Alexandria as well.” Alya was surprised and wondered if she had run into Ada before.

“Well, I know a local mechanic you can trust. He has never stirred me wrong about the cost of repairs.” Clair was thinking about Becky’s great-uncle.

“If he is reasonable about the cost and trustworthy. I don’t mind letting him work on my car. It will cost too much to have my car towed back to Alexandria.”

“Alright, let me call Cecil to come out and pick your car up.” Clair pulls her cell phone out and calls Cecil. She tells Cecil what they did and how the car wouldn’t catch.

Clair listens to Cecil and tries what he suggests, but nothing happens. She relays that to him.

“Alright, I’ll let her know. Bye!”

Alya had been watching Clair as she spoke to the mechanic. She wonders what he said after she watched Alya try something under the hood.

“He said he’ll be here in ten minutes. He needs to stop by the gas station to fill up.” Clair looks at Alya.

“What did he say when you told him about it not starting?” Alya was curious about what his response was.

“He thinks it might be a sensor causing your car not to start. He’s going to check that out and your alternator as well.” Clair knew Cecil knew his automotive stuff.

“I’m sorry for inconveniencing you.” Alya felt bad bothering Clair.

“It’s no bothers. When Cecil arrives take your car back to his shop. We’ll decide what to do about getting you home and back here to pick it up.”

“Thank you.” Alya smiles at Clair.

“You’re welcome.” Clair smiles back.

Cecil shows up and loads Alya’s car onto his flatbed truck. After loading and securing the car. He gets Alya’s signature to examine her car.

Afterward, Clair takes Alya back to her place. On the way back, she spots a helicopter flying over her property but moves on. When she parks, she uses an app that a friend of hers wrote that gives the location of every flight in the US. She used it to see what the helicopter was flying over her area.

“Hhhmm.” As she and Alya walk towards her house after parking.

up
92 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I think it's about time.

Samantha Heart's picture

To call the Wolf & The Owl & get the wolf pack as well.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.