Project Wolf Den Part 9

Printer-friendly version

Ayla tosses and turn as she slept. The fox spirit that resides inside of her, was trying to wake her up. She sits up and rubs the sleep from her eyes.

“All right, I’m awake. what is it?” Ayla looks at the red and white fox spirit standing in front of her.

The fox spirit looks towards the window and back to her. It wanted her to get up and walk over to the window.

“Fine! Tracks.” As a flash appears the night clothes she was wearing disappear and her fox body suit appears on her body.

Ayla walks over to the bedroom window and opens it. She knew the alarms on the upstairs windows were disarmed. She steps out onto the roof carefully and looks around. The lights around the house lit up an area around the house, but the rest of the property was cloaked in darkness.

Ayla jumps off the roof and does a flip in the air and lands on her feet. As soon as her feet touched the ground, she felt a presence coming towards the house. A smile appears on her face as she looks in the direction the presence is coming from.

She moves quietly towards it, using the unique abilities granted to her. All the person would see is a fox that was bigger than normal coming towards them. As she gets close to the person, she spots a person dressed from head to toe in black clothing.

The person was moving carefully across the open field. The wood line was too far from the house. So, they decided to chance it and move across the back field towards the barn and house. So, far no one had spotted him.

As he is crawling towards the house. He spots a red fox coming towards him. It looked bigger than normal, but he wasn’t worried. After all the intel they did of the place and the occupants. There wasn’t anyone that had a pet fox. He watches as the fox continues towards him.

He pulls his gun out and shoot in the direction the fox. When he hit the fox, another fox appeared. By the time the fox was within twenty feet of him, there were at least thirty of them surrounding him. All of them jump towards him at once and he feels something hard hit him.

When he turns to face whatever, hit him. He spots a woman dressed like a fox standing before him. She was holding a bo-staff in her hands. He points his gun at her and fires.

The woman disappears, as he falls backward onto the ground as his feet are sweep out from under him. The air is knocked out of the intruder as the bo-staff hits his chest hard. He looks up and spots the fox dressed woman, holding him down with her bo-staff.

A smile appears on Ayla’s face as she looks down at the figure. She wonders who he was and what was he doing on Clair’s property.

“Now, why don’t you be a good boy and tell me why you are here?” Ayla presses down harder on the bo-staff.

The figure grabs the staff and tries to yank it out of the woman’s hand. He finds that the staff wouldn’t budge. He notices the smile on the woman’s face gets bigger.

Ayla watches as the figure she was pressing her staff against tries to dislodge it. She knew the staff only responded to her.

“Give it up.” Ayla presses harder on her staff.

The figure pulls a knife and tries stabbing Ayla. He is shocked when the knife is kicked out of his hand. He looks up at the woman with a shocked look on his face.

“How come people like you always pick the hard way.” Ayla puts her mouth to the side of her bo-staff and blows into it.

A cloud of dust shoots out at the base of the bo-staff and engulfs the man’s head. The man starts choking on the dust and passes out. Ayla kneels next to the man’s head and checks his pulse. She could tell he was completely out of it.

“Let’s see who you are.” As Ayla removes the mask covering the guy’s head.

She didn’t recognize the person’s face. He had short black hair and tanned skin. She exhales and figures she better become clean to Clair and the others. She picks the guy up and carry him like a sack of potatoes over her shoulder back to the house. She wasn’t looking forward to explaining what she was.

Ayla walks up to the back door of the farm house and knocks on it. With her sensitive hearing, she hears movement on the other side of the door. After a few minutes the door opens and standing on the other side was Jasmine with a gun in her hand.

“Who are you?” Jasmine looks at the young woman dressed in a fox outfit. She had an unconscious person slung over her shoulder.

“It’s me, Jasmine. I caught this person crawling towards the house.” Ayla looks Jasmine in the eyes when she spoke.

“Let Ayla in, Jasmine.” Clair moves to stand next to Jasmine.

“Yes ma’am.” Jasmine stands aside to let Ayla into the house.

Ayla walks into the house and notices Clair was standing nearby. She also notices Ada standing near Clair. Ayla looks towards Clair “I guess I have some explaining to do?”

“You think?” Ada looks at Ayla as she stood nearby.

“You can explain later, Ayla. Tell me what you know about that person on your shoulder.” Clair noticed how the person was dressed.

“I found him moving quietly behind the house in the back fields.”

“How did you know he was there?” Jasmine looks at Ayla when she asks that question.

“It’s a long story, but the spirit animal that has been part of my family for a very long time alerted me to his presence.” Ayla knew she had some explaining to do.

“Bring him to my office.” Clair hopes she can get the information from him.

Ada looks at Clair as she starts walking towards her office. She follows behind Ayla and Jasmine “shouldn’t we call the police first, Clair?”

“This is beyond the jurisdiction of the police, Ada. This person came here to kill Grandma and us.” Jasmine didn’t know if Clair could break this person.

“Still, aren’t you a little old for this type of work, Clair?” Ada figures Clair had to be in her late sixties or maybe early seventies.

“Oh, trust me, Ada. I have a few secrets up my sleeves.”

Once they were in Clair’s office. Jasmine helps Ayla secure the guy to an old-style wooden desk chair. After the two of them are sure, the person is secured. Ayla says something in Cree and her costume disappears and she reappears in her night clothes.

Jasmine saw what happened and smiled. She would love to be able to do that.

“What did you use to knock this guy out, Ayla?” Clair looks towards Ayla for an answer.

“A special dust. Just tosses some water on his face and he’ll come around.”

“Jasmine.”

“I’m on it, Grandma.” Jasmine leaves to get a cup of water.

up
84 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Another GREAT chapter!

Samantha Heart's picture

Oh Clare is going to get as much info from this intruder as possible if she can't maybe Ayla can with her Native American spirit.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.