It's A Cruel World Part 2

Printer-friendly version

“What do you think, Caroline?” Katelyn looks down at the cocker spaniel she adopted from the animal shelter last week.

Katelyn found out that the power supply and space in the second garage bay wasn’t big enough for her to put all her silk-screening equipment. So, she ended up dipping into her SRS surgery funds and buying a storage shed to work out of. The electrician she hired to run power out to the storage shed and wire the place did a good job.

He was nice enough to change out the power outlet for her dryer hookup and not charge her for it. She planned on using him again for any electrical job she has around the house. When Freddie heard she wasn’t setting up her silk-screening equipment in the second bay. He was thrilled. Now he could use it for a project he had planned on doing.

As for the rest of her friends, they had started their college courses like her. Clare and Cindy were started their nursing course. Freddie was looking to work for a local garage. She knew with his skills, it wouldn’t be a problem. He could do everything from bodywork to building an engine from the ground up. He came from a family of mechanics.

As for Barbara, she knew Barbara was being brought up-to-date by the editor of the newspaper company she inherited. She went with Barbara to meet the guy that reminded her of the editor from the Daily Planet from the Superman comic. He was nice and gruff at the same time. When Barbara informed him that she planned on allowing her to work as a freelance reporter and political cartoonist for the newspaper company. He wanted to see her work and what she has done in the past. Which she was happy to do. She kept a portfolio of her work.

Caroline starts barking at her. Katelyn looks down at the rust color cocker spaniel “alright, girl.”

Katelyn opens the screen door on the storage shed and let Caroline out into the yard. She stands at the door and watch as Caroline walks around sniffing the yard. She knew Caroline was looking for a spot to do her business. As for herself, she didn’t have any classes until Friday.

She was studying mass communications, and taking an art class as well to improve her drawing technique. She was working on her latest political cartoon, that she knew would ruffle some feathers. She has always expressed how she felt about certain subjects and the politicians that sponsor bills that restrict LBGTQ rights.

She was hated in her hometown by the politicians and local representatives. She knew they were happy when she left, because she didn’t cut them any slack. A few of their supporters threaten her a few times. She had several supporters who came up to her stall one time and knock over her merchandise.

She opens the screen door to let Caroline inside the storage shed. Since the weather was nice currently, she wasn’t running the A/C unit in the shed. She grabs a treat for Caroline and gives it to her.

She walks over to her work desk and start working on another cartoon. North Carolina’s State Legislature was working on banning minors being prescribed puberty blockers and hormones. She found out which representatives were sponsoring the bill. So, she dug into their background and found some dirt on them. She was putting together a cartoon incorporating the dirt she dug up.

It was bad enough that her home state banned people like her from competing on the team she identified with. She understood the argument people made that said she had an unfair advantage being born male. However, she never asked to be born in a male body. She also has been taking hormones to stop the secondary sexual development of her body.

The thing was, the decision should be left to the girls on the team if they want a transperson on their team. It shouldn’t be decided by a bunch of ignorant politicians or religious fanaticism. However, the problem with the south. Is that a lot of the people born in the south or deep south let religion dictate how they treat others.

Katelyn does a rough sketch of what she wants to draw first. Then she goes in and starts filling in the different panels/cartoon. Music was playing the background from a local radio station she found that played music she liked. Caroline was lying down on her pillow near Katelyn’s desk.

Katelyn works through lunch and late in the afternoon. She’s forced to stop when she feels her bladder ready to burst. She glances at the clock on the wall and notices it is around four in the afternoon.

Katelyn gets up and uses the bathroom. She was glad that the electrician had a plumber friend who didn’t charge her too much money to install a bathroom in the storage shed. She washes her hands walks out of the bathroom, and looks down at Caroline. “Are you hungry, girl?”

Caroline looks up at Katelyn and barks. She was getting hungry.

“All right, girl. Let’s go inside the house and get some dinner going for everyone.” Katelyn signs off her computer.

As for her drawing, she covers it and turns the lights off in the storage shed. She walks across the yard and into the house through the back door. She knew Caroline followed her as she closed the back door. She feeds Caroline first while she thinks about what she wants to cook for dinner for everyone.

She knew Clare and Cindy wouldn’t be home until six o’clock. She knew Freddie would be home around that time as well. She wasn’t sure about Barbara, because she had been staying late at the newspaper office.

Katelyn walks out to the garage and the deep freezer to see what meats they had. She digs through the frozen meats and spots some pork chops they bought last week. She grabs them and heads back into the house and lets them defrost. She knew what she was going to make for everyone.

She grabs some crackers and covers them with peanut butter to munch on. She didn’t want to eat anything right now. And since she didn’t take a lunch break. A little snack would hold her over.

While the pork chops are defrosting in the sink, she selects what vegetables and starch she will cook. Since they had a big jar of applesauce, she poured some into a bowl and mixed sugar and cinnamon.

As for the veggies, she was using frozen white corn and lima beans. She mixes them and adds some spices to them. She let them cook on low.

Once the pork chops are defrosted, she covers them in spices and puts them in the oven on a sheet pan. She hears the exhaust from the muscle car Freddie had shipped down. It still needed much work, but it was a project in progress.

Freddie walks into the house and spots Caroline coming towards him. A smile appears on his face. He liked dogs and thought having a dog around the house would be nice.

“Honey, I’m home.” Freddie loved that line from his favorite movie.

“I heard.” As Katelyn comes walking out of the kitchen.

She looked towards Freddie and knew he wasn’t into girls. He was gay and just hadn’t found the right fellow yet. They were just good friends and stood up for each other. Sometimes, she would pretend to be his girlfriend whenever he attended family affairs.

His mom knew he was gay, but his father couldn’t accept it. Even Freddie’s older brother didn’t accept it. So, between his older brother and father, they gave him a hard time.

“So, how was your day? Did you get any work done?” Freddie knew that sometimes, Katelyn liked to goof off when she should be working.

“Yes, I got some work done. I’m not waiting until the last minute to do this job.”

“So, do I have time to shower and change clothes before dinner?” Freddie wanted to get out of his work clothes.

“Yep. Dinner won’t be done for another twenty minutes or so.” Katelyn had the pork chops on slow cook.

“Thanks.” Freddie heads towards his bedroom.

A few minutes later, Cindy and Clare show up looking bored. They were dressed in their scrubs. They walk into the kitchen and spot Katelyn cooking.

“What’s for dinner, Kat?” Clare looks at how Kately is dressed.

She knew Katelyn didn’t wear a bra when she was home alone. She saw Katelyn wearing shorts and a Cami top with a picture of a naked Trump. He was bent over a chair, being fucked by a naked Putin. A large jar of Vaseline had Saudi oil written on it.

She knew Katelyn designed the picture. Some of Trump's supporters didn’t like Katelyn’s designs and threatened her several times. Katelyn either ignores them or sends them a Kiss My Ass message.

“Pork chops, apple sauce, veggies, and mashed potatoes.”

“Yummy.” Cindy rubs her stomach.

“It will be ready in a few minutes, if you want to change.”

“Cool.” Clare wanted to get out of her medical scrubs.

up
109 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos