Police Academy Chapter 16

Printer-friendly version

Katlain yawns as she is woken up by Katherine. If there is one thing her daughter is good at, it is waking her up two hours before she would normally get up. It was a good thing too because her breasts were hurting from the milk buildup in them. They were already starting to leak.

“What’s with the fuss, my little pudding?” Katlain picks Katherine up out of her crib and checks her diaper, which was dry.

She walks over to her rocking chair and put Katherine to her nipple, after cleaning it. She feels Katherine latch onto her nipple and starts sucking. While Katherine drinks from her breast, she rocks back and forth, while humming a little tune for Katherine.

Her visit to Red’s was a bust. He had no idea who the hitman might be, but he did say that Mr. Tandem’s assistant name was Rodney Holt.
According to Red, he worked his way up through the ranks and was a tough person. The man uses to be an MMA fighter, before getting kicked out for taking performance enhancing drugs.

Which meant she should be careful around him and avoid getting into a fistfight with him. She looks down at her daughter as she suckled from her breast. She still hasn’t decided when she is going to wean Katherine off her breast. She was still too young to wean her now.

Once Katherine finishes with her right breast, she moves Katherine to her left breast. She holds her daughter with one hand, as she cleans her right nipple. She didn’t need it to be chap again.

Once Katherine is finished drinking and has been burped. Katlain takes her into the bathtub with her and washes her body. She discovered that Katherine loved the water. After her bath and her own, she gets out and dries off.

Katlain dresses Katherine in some clothes Julie bought for her. Julie was taking her responsibility as Katherine’s aunt seriously. Julie’s sister Faith loved Katherine as well. They spoiled her big time.

Once Katherine was dressed, she gets dressed as well and grabs her gun and badge. Her personal weapon was her backup weapon. Once
she as ready for work, Katlain takes Kathrine out to her Maverick and head towards Julie’s apartment to drop Katherine off.

Julie’s and Faith’s Apartment:
Julie was in the kitchen brewing some coffee. She had gotten up early and was enjoying the morning. Since she has been taking care of Katherine, she has been thinking about wanting a baby of her own. She never thought she would ever get her life back on track and have a nice, stable paying job.

She glances at the clock and notices that it was almost quarter till Eight and Katlain will be arriving soon with Katherine. While the coffee keeps brewing, she heads back to her bedroom and slips on clean underwear and bra. She grabs a pair of jeans and a t-shirt to slip on.

By the time she finishes dressing and walking back out of her bedroom, there was a knocking sound coming from her front door. She walks over and checks through the peephole and notices Katlain with Katherine in her arms. She opens the front door “how’s my little niece?”

“She’s being extremely good, this morning” Katlain was extremely pleased that Katherine was a well-behaved baby.

“She’s always a pleasure to have around here.” Julie places a kiss on Katherine’s cheek.

“I’m glad to hear that. Here’s your pay for taking care of her.” Katlain pulls out an envelope and hands it to Julie.

“Katlain, I can’t take your money. I said I would be Katherine’s aunt.”

“I know, but you and Faith are really helping me out and I want to do this.” Katherine places the envelope in Julie’s hand.

Julie looks at it and back to Katlain “thank you.”

“You’re welcome and I should be thanking you and Faith. You two are doing me a big favor.”

“You know you can always count on us.” Julie looks down into Katherine’s eyes.

“I know and thanks. You are a good girl today, Katherine.” Katlin places a kiss on Katherine’s forehead.

Afterward she heads down to her Maverick and to work. Katlain needed to dig up what the police had on Holt and who he associated with. She pulls into an empty parking spot and head inside to towards the special unit room. She places her hand on the scanner and enters when it lets her in.

Katlain notices her sergeant hasn’t arrived yet. She heads into their small kitchenette and fixes herself a cup of coffee. She needed it after being woken up by Katherine. She notices some of the others in her unit come walking in with coffee already in their hands.

Her partner sent her a text on the way in informing her he had to go to the dentist this morning. She heads over to her desk and logon. She types in Rodney Holt’s name and a picture of his come up on the first try. She pulls his arrest record and couldn’t believe the charges that he managed to be cleared of. This man must be made of Teflon. Everything he had been charged with had either been dropped or the witness had disappeared. Even the ones involving cops, the charges were either reduce or dropped.

“How in the hell does he manage to do this?” Katlain was curious.

“How does who managed to do what?” Angelo was walking by Katlain’s desk when he heard her question.

“Rodney Holt. It's like the man is made of Teflon.” Katlain looks up at Angelo.

“Let me see.” Angelo walks around Katlain’s desk to look at her computer screen.

“Who’s this fellow?”

“The guy who might have hired the hitman that killed Roy Tandem and his girlfriend.”

“So, you think this guy had something to do with it?” Angelo was curious about how the new girl found this information out.

“Yes, it came from a very reliable source,” Red told her who he was.

“Okay, then we need to bring this guy in and question him.”

“We don’t have anything we can charge him with.” Katlain was looking for anything they could use.

“Since your partner isn’t here this morning, you’re riding with me.”

“Alright, but we need to tread lightly around this guy.” Katlain grabs her gun and follows Angelo out of the police precinct and to his police issue Suv.

Katlain just watches the route Angelo takes. She might have taken a different route, but then again that was her.

“I have a question for you, Katlain. How did you manage to skip over being a patrol officer to be a detective?” Angelo had been curious about
that.

“I worked in IA for a while. Past that, I can’t tell you anymore.” Katlain knew there were going to be questions about her being a detective and skipping over being a patrol officer.

Angelo just looks at Katlain, while they were at a stoplight. He wonders should he ask her about those police officers form the academy that got arrested.

“Did you have anything to do with those officers at the academy being arrested?”

“You might not want to concern yourself about that matter.” Katlain looks at Angelo with no emotion on her face.

Angelo saw Katlain’s expression change. He thought she was an easy person, but now he could see she could be serious when she needed too.

“Just asking.” He gives the SUV some gas and continue to Rodney Holt’s place.

up
188 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you.

WillowD's picture

I like this series.

Being nosy

Can be fatal, if the bad guys find out what you know. Kaitlin is not the one being investigated, he needs to stick to the job. That should be plenty enough to keep him busy.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Good girl

Samantha Heart's picture

Don't tell anything you don't want them to know & keep your sources close to the vest.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.