No Child Should Be Mistreated Chp. 13

Printer-friendly version

Nika’s Hospital Room:
The medical equipment hooked up to Nika beep as it monitor’s her vitals. Freddy looks down at Nika as she laid there on the hospital bed. He knew what she did was dangerous, but there was no reason for what the brothers did to her. She only did what Big Al hired her to do.

The door opens and a middle-aged man comes walking into the room. He was wearing a black cowboy hat, black tailored suit jacket covering a blue dress shirt. The shirt was tucked into a pair of black dress slacks. There was a lasso tie hanging from his neck and he was wearing a pair of black boots with a high gloss shine to them. The belt buckle he was wearing had a pair of small pistols on it.

Ted had gotten a call from the Memphis police department that his niece was in critical condition. He had been informed which hospital she had been taken to. When he walks into her hospital room, he notices a young man wearing a batman t-shirt, blue jeans, and a pair of cheap-looking tennis shoes, standing near his niece’s bed.

Freddy turned around to see who was coming into Nika’s hospital room. He spotted the gentleman and wonders who he was.

“Are you related to Nika?” Freddy was concerned about his friend.

“I’m her Uncle. How did this happen to her?” Ted walks over and stands next to Nika’s hospital bed.

“Some gorillas she repos some cars from.” Freddy had gone to Nika’s garage and looked at the security footage from her hidden security cameras.

Ted looks at Freddy “do you know who they are?”

Freddy looks at Ted’s face and into his eyes. He saw that Ted was observing him and that he wanted an answer.

“They are called the Ionita brothers. She was sent to repo their cars by her employer Big Al.” Freddy figures if this fellow was going to get
revenge for Nika. He should know who sent her as well.

“You said the Ionita brothers? Do you happened to know where they live?” Ted was planning on visiting them for what they did to his niece.

“Yes sir. I know where they live.”

“Good. Also, where does this Big Al operate from?” Ted was planning on vising him as well.

“I’ll give you that information as well, sir.” Freddy figures Al should pay for what happened to Nika.

Circle K:
Chris couldn’t believe how messy some of the customers could be. She mops up a mess near the soda machine some customer had made. They had walked off, while the machine was filling their cup and it overflowed from the cup and counter onto the floor.

She puts the wet floor sign out, so no one would slip. After she was done cleaning that mess, she had to go into the women’s bathroom and clean. Since she has been working at Circle K, the women’s bathroom has turned out to be the messiest to clean.

She goes into the bathroom and starts cleaning it. It takes her a while to clean, because of how dirty it was. By the time she is done cleaning it. She was ready to take a break. Just as she gets all the cleaning supply put away.

“Chris, I’m stepping outside to take a smoke break. Can you watch the cash register for me please?”

“Sure.” Chris watches as her co-worker steps outside.

Chris steps behind the counter and starts straightening up things. Her co-worker was lazy and always wanted till her shift was almost over before she refilled the cigarettes and such. As she is restocking the cigarettes, the bell on the door goes off.

“Welcome to Circle K.” She turns around to look at the person who walked in.

The person was standing in front of the counter and had a gun pointed at her. She couldn’t tell who it was, because the person was wearing a mask, that hid their looks.

“Give me all the money in the register or you’re dead.”

Outside the Circle K, parked across the street:
Detective Hardcastle has been keeping an eye on Chris lately. He was planning on going inside to talk with her when he spots something suspicious. Her co-worker had stepped out of the store and was over near the side of the building smoking. That wasn’t what had gotten his attention all sudden. It was the beat-up, rusty-looking van that had.

He spotted the person getting out and saw a gun tucked in the waistband behind the person. He pulls his gun and gets out of his car and move quickly towards the building. Before he goes into the store, he spots the person pointing their gun at Chris. He knew the store had a bell that went off when you opened the doors. He looks at the van the person came in. He takes his knife out and puncher the front tire.

Inside the Circle K:
Chris opens the register and starts taking all the money out. She places it in a plastic bag and goes to hand it to the robber. She presses the panic button under the counter. She tries to move slowly, to stall the robber.

“Hurry up bitch!”

“I’m hurrying.” Chris takes a handful of loose pennies and tosses them towards the robber.

The robber’s gun goes off. He miss Chris because she dropped to the floor behind the counter.

Detective Hardcastle rushes inside and fires his gun at the robber. He hits him in the arm.

“Chris!”

“I’m alright.” Chris stands up and looks at a rather large man pointing a gun at the robber.

“Who are you?”

“I’m Detective Hardcastle. Your teacher, Mrs. Midnight asked me to check up on you. She was concerned about you.” Hardcastle looks at
Chris, as he kept the robber in his sight.

Chris couldn’t believe that Mrs. Midnight, was looking after her. She wonders if Mrs. Midnight knew what was going on with her.

“Well, I’m glad she sent you.” Chris was happy Detective Hardcastle took down the robber.

up
169 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Give the girl a break

BarbieLee's picture

Poor Chris she can't seem to win for losing. At least this time help wasn't that far away. Maybe better times are ahead for her.
Interesting story LadyDragon623

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

I worked at CircleK

Samantha Heart's picture

We didn't have a panic button under the counter we had a device with a dollar bill clipped to it. Also we were to TRY & keep our drawers under $100 almost impossible between2 & 7 pm at times its 8 before I can make a drop. I think the lazy coworker has helped orchestra this robery. Good thing Detective Hardcastle was there when he was

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

It was awfully convenient

It was awfully convenient that her coworker stepped out just before the robber showed up, wonder if she was casing the place for the robber.
It would be nice if the robber were her nasty step brother he deserves to be shot.

One down, several to go

Jamie Lee's picture

Shooting Nika proves the Ionita brothers can't think past now. They didn't even consider some family member of Nika's would take exception to her being shot. It doesn't sound as though Ted is going to spend much time talking to the brothers. Or Big Al.

Where is the manager of that Circle K? How is it the person working with Chris gets away with doing practically nothing, while Chris does the work? Sounds like a new worker is needed.

Seems Detective Hardcastle picked the right day and time to be watching Chris. But bad timing on the robber's part.

Others have feelings too.