Manimal Part 15

Printer-friendly version

Stacy watches from the beach as Dingo does a one-hand, handstand on his surfboard as he rides the wave in. It’s been nearly three weeks since the battle at the Supermax where the super-powered people they captured had been imprisoned. The one known as Hardcase was in a special prison designed by the Maxis Prison System. They found a way to neutralize his abilities and make it so he could never escape again. As for the others, they were sent to a cryo prison like the ones shown in the Demolition Man movie.

Stacy shivers just thinking about being locked in a block of ice. Sure, she could turn into an animal that could survive the freeze, but they neutralize your ability before they freeze you. A smile appears on her face as she watches Dingo surf right onto the beach without crashing.

She still felt uncomfortable wearing the micro bikini Beverly bought her. The damage Beverly took, took time to heal. The doctors who operated on Beverly and Beverly’s brother Pollux had to neutralize their abilities. That way, they could cut into their bodies to repair the damages Beverly and Pollux took.

Neither one of the twins liked it when their abilities were neutralized. Beverly and Pollux had gotten comfortable having super abilities. When Stacy had to have her abilities neutralized so they could operate on her. She didn’t resort to what she used to be. She remained a girl, just as Beverly retained her Greek physique.

After their abilities were restored, their advanced healing ability kicked started. As for the prisoners, Stacy didn’t know what the government agents interrogating them learned. Her team was recovering.

Dingo spots Stacy watching him as he runs over to her. When he arrives, he shakes his head, letting the water in his dreadlocks shake all over her.

“Yuck! Dingo, you’re not a freaking dog.” Stacy tries to cover up using her towel.

“You look like you were hot, Stac.” A playful smile appears on Dingo’s face.

“I was fine before you decided to act like a dog.” Stacy was enjoying just sunbathing.

“So, did you like how I rode the wave in?” Dingo grabs his towel from the lounger sitting nearby.

“You should go professional.” Stacy knew how much Dingo enjoyed surfing.

“I thought about it back before I got my gifts. However, now that I have my gifts, it wouldn’t be fair to other competitors.” Dingo believed in fair play. He thought using their gifts to compete was wrong.

“You could always compete in the new league that is forming for people like us.” Stacy saw a newscast of a company forming a new league for
people with minor abilities like theirs to compete.

“No thanks. What we are doing is important.” Dingo enjoyed being a superhero.

“But how long can we keep doing it, Dingo? Beverly and Pollux were badly injured. Not counting how exhausted I was or that Spirit was badly injured as well.” Stacy was concerned.

Dingo looks at Stacy with a serious look on his face “You know the government isn’t going to let you have a normal life, Stacy. Your abilities make you a danger to people around you.” Dingo knew how powerful Stacy was, next to the twins.

She could assume any type of mystical or natural creature. That included an alien species as well.

“I know. I’m damn if I do and damn if I don’t.” Stacy had already realized that the government wanted to control them.

Stacy looks out towards the ocean and wonders how much longer she wants to do this. She wanted to do more with her life than be fighting all the time. She applies more lotion to her body, because of her fair skin.

Later, in the afternoon, she walks back with Dingo towards the house. Everything they talked about was still echoing around in her head. She wasn’t about to abandon her team, either.

Spirit looked towards Stacy and could feel how confused she felt. The bond between him and her is strong because of the animal link she has. He walks over to Stacy “Is everything okay?”

Stacy looks into Spirit’s eyes “Sort of.”

“What’s wrong?” Spirit felt the confusion in Stacy’s mind.

“I’m just feeling confused about everything.” Stacy knew she couldn’t hide anything from Spirit.

“Do you want to talk about it?” Spirit wanted to help Stacy.

“Maybe later.”

“Okay, you know I’m always available.”

“I know.” Stacy hugs Spirit and heads towards the kitchen to help out.

Stacy helps Tina in the kitchen with dinner. She just goes about setting the table and making sure everyone has what they want to drink. Spirit, herself, and Beverly normally, drank sweetened tea. Pollux and Dingo drank either beer or mead. Sometimes, Spirit drank the homemade mead Pollux made. It was based on a Greek recipe Pollux came across in the library.

Stacy preferred wine over anything else. Sometimes, Tina drank flavored water she made herself. After the table is set, everyone shows up for dinner.

There is small talk at the table, but nothing serious. After dinner, Stacy heads towards the room she shares with Beverly. She didn’t mind sharing a bedroom with Beverly, since Beverly had been teaching her how to act like a girl.

Beverly has been a big help in teaching her how to act, and all the things a little girl learns growing up. Being turned into a girl by her abilities startled her, but now she had adjusted to being one. The thing she hated was having a period each month. When it first happened, it was painful. Later, it subsided some, but it was still painful.

The doctors took care of them. They design a birth control device for her and Beverly. That way they didn’t have to worry about their period while in the field.

Stacy takes a nice relaxing bath and enjoys the water jets that the tub was equipped with. She enjoyed all the amenities the house they were living in had. But she wanted to do more.

Afterwards, Stacy puts a light nightgown on and crawls into bed. She was going to call it early tonight. She covers up a yawn and falls asleep.

up
47 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos