Manimal Part 2

Printer-friendly version

The following day's training was more complicated than the day before. It was a hundred degree’s out and humid as hell. Stacy was wearing weighted ankle and wrist bracelets as she jogged behind Dingo.

Spartan and Eclipse were leading the group. Spirit was behind them, with her and Dingo bringing up the rear. She was the only one wearing weighted anklets and bracelets. Lt. Lake said it would help her build her endurance and muscles simultaneously. Spartan and Eclipse didn’t need to build up their endurance or strength. They could lift a hundred tons, and Eclipse was agile as hell. She was more agile than a professional gymnast.

Stacy could only match her by becoming one of her hybrid forms, which she just learned she could. Spirit was just as agile as the twins but couldn’t keep pace with their running speed. At the same time, the twin's build was more on the supernatural level. Spirit’s build was more on the human perfection side. He was what most people thought military soldiers were built like.

He had the build and the weight-lifting capabilities of the strongest gladiator or, in his case, the most muscular Native American warrior who ever lived. All his senses were enhanced, and he could match/beat Spartan in hand-to-hand combat without sweating. He also had the unique ability to read the environment around him. He was attuned to the weather patterns and could tell if the weather would change. He could also track anything, even if the tracks were days old or went onto asphalt.

Because Spirit’s sense of smell was enhanced, he usually wore a neutral-smelling deodorant. That way, the scent of the deodorant didn’t bother his sense of smell. He also didn’t need to sleep as long as most of them. Spirit was fine with just four hours of rest.

Dingo and Stacy, on the other hand, needed the required amount of sleep. Spartan and Eclipse could go almost two days before they needed to sleep. Eclipse liked keeping to a regular sleeping schedule. On the other hand, her brother wanted to stay up and play role-playing games on his computer. Both of them were good with computers, but Eclipse was the computer hacker in the group. There wasn’t a database she couldn’t get into.

Dingo looked over toward Stacy as she jogged next to him. He could see she wasn’t enjoying wearing the weighted anklets and bracelets Lt. Lake made her wear.

“How are you holding out, Stace?”

“I wish Spartan and Eclipse would slow down. They are setting a fast pace, and I’m tired of keeping up with them.” Stacy was never a runner in
school.

“Let me guess. You were never that athletic in school, were you?” Dingo wonders what type of person Stacy was before becoming a girl.

“No, I could never do a pullup or even a chin-up. I was always the last when we did the three hundred run and walk. Hell, I was the slowest kid in my gym class. I could do sit-ups and pushups, none of the other stuff. I was better in the water than I was on land.” Stacy could beat most people in the water.

“Were you on your school's swim team?” Dingo was never on the football team, even though he got asked to join several times.

“We didn’t have a swim team at my high school. Basketball, football, and baseball were the main sports at my school. Our wrestling team was fair, but we ruled in baseball and other sports. Our high school was the school to beat when it came to those sports.”

“Did you play any of them?” Dingo couldn’t see Stacy playing basketball or football.

“I tried out for baseball but got laughed at. Even the coach said I sucked. He told me I should join the girls’ softball team instead.” Stacy felt let down that she did so poorly. She practiced hard to try to make the team, but in the end, she wasn’t selected.

“Man, that must have been harsh.”

“It was. Even some of my friends did better than I did. So, instead of playing a sport for the school or joining the band. I worked part-time at a plumbing store. My father knew the store's owner and didn’t mind hiring me to help.”

“Was your father a salesperson there?” Dingo has never stepped into a plumbing store before.

“Nope, he was a master plumber. I would sometimes go to work with him. Talk about a smelly, gross job. I sometimes regretted working with my father, especially when we did jobs where the bathroom floor was covered in toilet water. Yuck!” Stacy remembered the one woman’s bathroom that her father had been called to snake out. The floor was covered in poop and tampons someone had tried flushing down the toilet.

“What did your mother do for a living?”

“She was a bookkeeper. She worked at an electronic supply store that her uncle owned. It was a family-run business. My mother has worked there since she was eighteen years old.”

“Were you good with numbers when you were in school?” Dingo wonders if it ran in the family.

“I was okay. I always got B’s and C’s on my report card. On the other hand, my sister was the academic genius in the family. My older brother is your typical jock and car enthusiast. He loved playing baseball and modifying his pickup truck.” Stacy knew her brother Jacob loved his pickup truck.

“Sounds like you came from a vanilla family.” Dingo wonders how Stacy ended with super abilities.

“I guess we were. How about you? Where did you grow up at?” Stacy wanted to know why Dingo was so laid back.

“West Coast baby. My father was military, and my mother owned her own business. My older sister works at my mother’s restaurant, and my older brother is in the coast guard. He’s a master sniper on his ship and has killed at least six drug smugglers since he has been in the service.”

“So, you’re the baby of the group?” Stacy was surprised to hear that Dingo was the youngest in his family.

“No, my little sister Patsy is. She’s six years younger than me.”

“Oh!” Stacy notices that while they have been talking, she and Dingo have fallen behind the others.

“We better catch up, or we won’t hear the end of it.” Stacy increases her pace to catch up to the others.

By the time the team arrived back at the barracks, Eclipse was carrying Stacy on her back. Stacy had passed out because of the heat and exhaustion. Lt. Lake couldn’t believe she couldn’t make it back on her own.

Eclipse takes Stacy into the shower, still wearing her exercise leotard, and turns the water on. She supports Stacy as the cool water cools Stacy’s body down. Beverly noticed that Stacy was chafed between her inner thigh.

She looks down into Stacy’s hazel eyes. “I still have much to teach you about being a girl.”

Stacy closes her eyes and rests her head against Beverly’s abdomen as Beverly holds her head. She was enjoying the cold water as it cooled her body down.

“How is Stacy doing, Beverly?” Spirit walks into the shower and notices Beverly cradling Stacy’s head.

“She’s doing better now that she is cooling down between the heat and the weights on her ankles and wrists. I’m surprised she made it as far as she did with how she felt.” Beverly strokes Stacy’s wet hair as she holds Stacy’s head on her lap.

Spirit had felt Stacy wasn’t doing so well, but he figured they only had a little more to go, and she should be able to make it. He was going to make sure this didn’t happen again.

Beverly noticed Spirit was kicking himself for what happened to Stacy. “Spirit, she will be okay. I need to get her a different exercise outfit because her inner thighs rub against one another and chafe her.”

“Is there anything you can do for her now?” Spirit looks down at Stacy’s thighs and notices they are red where they rubbed together.

“After she cools down, I’ll peel her out of this wet leotard. I can apply coconut butter lotion to her inner thighs until she gets a new exercise suit. I suggest she wears loose-fitting shorts and a tank top or camisole until we get her new unitard.”

After Beverly gets Stacy’s body temperature back to normal. She undresses her and dries her off. She rubs the coconut butter lotion on the spot where Stacy’s thighs rubbed. She looks at how bad the skin was and wonders why Stacy didn’t let them know about her thighs rubbing.

Once Beverly rubbed the lotion onto Stacy’s inner thighs, she carries Stacy to her bunk and put the nightshirt Stacy normally wears on her. She tucks her into bed and lets her sleep.

“Is she going to be okay?” Pollux was concerned about their youngest teammate.

“She’ll be fine. Her temperature is back down to where it should be. I’m just glad we were so close to the base, otherwise, we would have to find some water to bring her temperature down.” Beverly glances at Stacy one more time before walking away.

Dingo comes walking out of the shower just wearing a pair of boxers. He glances over toward Stacy’s sleeping form and wonders why she didn’t say anything while they were running. Normally, she was a chatterbox, but she went silent and started dropping back. It wasn’t until he was a good distance away from her. That he turned around and spotted her lying face down on the ground.

He ran over to her and called the others to let them know she was down. He checked her pulse and saw how pale she looked. He had some first aide training from his time on the beach. He did what he could for her, with what he had on hand. It took Beverly carrying Stacy on her back as fast as she could back to the barracks.

The rest of the afternoon, the group relaxes and checks on Stacy throughout the afternoon and evening. Beverly decides not to wake Stacy up when they grab some food from the base cafeteria. She was going to let her sleep, but she does buy some snacks for Stacy, should she wake up.

Beverly sends an email to Lt. Lake informing him that Stacy is going to need a new uniform and exercise outfit. She found an outfit that would be good for Stacy to wear for exercising and running. After sending the email, she checks on Stacy again and notices she’ll be alright.

She changes her clothes and grabs her Kindle and read for a while. Tomorrow, they had off and could leave the base if they wanted to. Lt. Lake did warn them to keep what they could do quiet and try to stay out of trouble.

up
94 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Again

Again I am sorry but I find this chapter way to short. I personally have never had anyone in the military require me to wear weights while exercising. And I won't say that a leotard can't lead to chefing however when I worn one I haven't had that problem whenever I had that issue it was because of something else. Thank you for updating this story I do wish that you could add length to the story though.