Manimal Part 10

Printer-friendly version

Beach House:
When Pollux, Beverly, Dingo, and Ahote arrived back at the beach house. They are surprised to see a teenage-looking Asian woman with short
white hair and eyebrows inside their place. Pollux looks at her. “who are you?”

“You must be Pollux, and I’m your new housekeeper, Tina.”

“Housekeeper? Why would we need a housekeeper?” Dingo looks at the young woman.

“Your handler felt you guys could use a housekeeper, and he was right. When I arrived, this place was a mess.” Tina couldn’t believe how bad the place looked when she showed up.

“We had to leave in a hurry. A person named Gateway opened a portal in the doorway and came through it.” Tina has encountered Gateway a few times. She could open a portal to anywhere.

“I need to get Stacy here to her bedroom.” Beverly was supporting Stacy.

“Here, let me help you with Stacy.” Tina walks over to help Beverly with Stacy.

The guys watch as Beverly and Tina escort Stacy upstairs to her bedroom. They wonder what Tina’s true purpose was for being here.

“I’m getting a beer.” Dingo walks into the kitchen and grabs a beer out of the refrigerator. He notices the frig has been restocked.

He turns to face Pollux and Ahote. “hey guys, everything has been restocked while we were away.”

“You got to be kidding, Dingo.” Pollux walks over to the frig and checks for himself.

He opens the door and notices the frig has been stocked with everything they liked. That included the condiments, fresh brew iced tea, and everything needed to make breakfast and sandwiches.

Ahota/Spirit checked the pantry and the cabinets and noticed they were also full. Beverly and Stacy were supposed to go shopping tomorrow, but now they didn’t have to. He grabs his favorite glass and fills it up with coconut milk. He liked coconut milk when it was cold.

After a few minutes, Beverly comes back downstairs and into the kitchen. She grabs a glass from the cabinet and walks to the refrigerator to pour herself a sweet tea. She is surprised to see the frig stocked with food.

“Who stocked the frig?” She turns around with the pitcher of iced tea in her hand.

“We’re betting it was our new housekeeper.” Spirit figures while they were on the aircraft carrier, this Tina person went shopping.

“Okay, I can see an advantage of having a housekeeper now.” Beverly puts the pitcher back after pouring herself a glass.

“So, what are the rest you guys going to do now?” Beverly looks at Dingo, her brother, and Spirit for an answer.

“I’m going to go and catch a few waves. See you guys.” Dingo crashes the beer can and sprints out of the house to do some surfing.

“I’m going to my room and catch a nap.” Spirit was feeling a little tired. He didn’t know if it was his body, he was feeling or Stacy’s.

“I think I’ll join Dingo down on the beach.” Pollux walks out of the back door to join Dingo.

Beverly heads for the library and chooses a nice book to curl up with. She walks over to the lounger in the room and makes herself comfortable.
When Tina comes back downstairs after making sure Stacy is okay. She notices everyone has left the kitchen.

“At least they didn’t leave a mess.” Tina turns and goes about finishing the laundry.

She couldn’t believe how simple Dingo’s laundry was. He must have more shorts, briefs, and underwear she has seen. He had a collection of
simple clothing.

Pollux and Spirit had a larger collection of clothes. Just as Stacy and Beverly do, she notices that Stacy’s clothes are meant for teenage girls, whereas Beverly’s are meant for more mature women. She figures Beverly has to have her clothes custom-made because she is well-developed.

When Marshal Jenkins approached her and asked her to be their housekeeper, she wasn’t sure she wanted to after the last assignment she did for the CIA. She was looking forward to retirement when the accident happened that turned her into how she looked now. She knew the doctors who examined her wanted to see how the water she was exposed to managed to rejuvenate her body.

She went from being fifty-five years old to being in her late teens now, looking different than she did before. Whatever was in that water she fell into after the explosion changed her genetic makeup.

When the agency's medical and scientific experts took samples to study the substance, they couldn’t identify half of what it was made of. Even the blood samples they took from her didn’t help them much. Whatever it was, it was stumping their best people.

Tina finished the laundry, took it upstairs, and left it on every team member's bed except Stacy’s, who was sound asleep. Beverly had shown her the medical report the doctor on the aircraft carrier had sent back with her. She’ll have to scan it into the computer system.

Tina walks back into the kitchen and starts getting dinner ready for later. She puts the crock pot on low and lets it cook. Afterward, she enters the home office and scans Stacy’s medical file into the system.

After she finishes scanning the file, she destroys the hard copy. Since the document she scanned into the system was secured on an encrypted cloud account, it was protected with the same care as all the other information the government collected and stored there.

Afterward, she sends in the expense report, and all the other reports the Marshal service needed for this group. Even though they fell under the Omega department, the US Marshal department handled all their items, including allocating money to pay for the expenses of the house and such.

She turns the outside hidden cameras on and locates Dingo and Pollux down on the property's private beach. She leaves the cameras on as she exits from the office. While the food was cooking, Tina did some light dusting.

Around seven in the evening, Pollux and dingo come back to the house. Pollux could still do some surfing, but Dingo was worned out from the waves. Plus, he wanted something to wash the taste of salt water out of his mouth and that meant beer.

“Man, those waves are getting rough.” Dingo grabs a bottle of beer from the frig.

“Hand me one of those, Dingo.” Pollux looks over at Dingo.

“Sure thing.” As Dingo grabs a second bottle.

“I thought with your ability, you would love the rough waves?” Pollux accepts the bottle of beer from Dingo.

“I do, and believe me, I love surfing them. But, after a while, it became too much for me.” Dingo takes a swig from his beer bottle.

“I can understand that.”

Tina comes walking into the kitchen and spots Dingo and Pollux drinking beer. She walks over to the crock pot and check the stew she was fixing and notices it was ready.

“I hope you guys are hungry, because I made a big pot of stew.” Tina grabs a bowl and scoops some stew out for Stacy.

She fills the bowl up and grabs a tray to put it, a glass of iced tea, and some bread on it. She looks over towards the guy “help yourself.”

“Thanks.”

On the way up to Stacy’s bedroom, Tina stops in the library to let Beverly know food was ready. She also let’s Spirit know as well. She knocks on Stacy’s bedroom door and enters. She pots Stacy still asleep, as she walks over to her bed. She sets the tray near the bed and gently wake Stacy.

Stacy opens her eyes and spot Tina standing near her bed. She rubs the sleep from her eyes.

“What’s wrong?”

“Nothing, Stacy. I brought you something to eat. Your doctor said you need to eat four meals a day to get the calories you need back.”

“Okay.” Stacy slowly sits up so she could eat.

Tina sets the tray across Stacy’s lap. She looks at the young girl ‘this should help rebuild your strength.”

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome. Now, go ahead and eat.” Tina turns and leave the bedroom.

Stacy picks the spoon up and start eating the stew.

up
70 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos