It's A Cruel World Part 14 (Final Chapter)

Printer-friendly version

Katelyn couldn’t believe the shit storm that followed after Barbara published some of the information she had given her. The Private Protective Services of North Carolina had launched an investigation into XE Security activities. So, that suspicion was thrown off her.

Katelyn informed the hr person that she needed to take time off for physical therapy. The person wasn’t too happy because of the shit storm going on at the agency, but since Katelyn was still recovering from her accident. They had to approve it.

The Department Of Justice for North Carolina launched an investigation into XE Security’s activities and spoke with Barbara about the information she received. Barbara informed Katelyn that her name wouldn’t come up. No matter what XE Security lawyers tried, they couldn’t get Barbara to reveal who gave her the information.

Of course, Katelyn was questioned and after the questioning, she quit the agency. The men that had tailed her come under intense investigation. All the information she released to Barbara had their involvement of several unsolved cases and activities that were highly questionable.

As for the counselor, all the cover ups that XE Security did for him were finally being exposed. That right there made Katelyn happy. She was happy that he was finally getting what he deserved. Of course she did political cartoon drawings of everything.

One night while Katelyn is sitting in the living room watching the evening news. Freddie comes walking in and sits down next to her. He looks at her “I bet you are enjoying this?”

“Of course, I am. Politicians and corrupt people should get what is coming to them. It’s people like them that there so much corruption in society right now and why the innocent are being hurt.”

“Well, just be careful in your crusade. One day someone is going to figure out, that you had something to do with this.” Freddie knew karma was a bitch.

“I think they already know. But, yeah I will watch my back.” A smile appears on Katelyn’s face.

She sits back and enjoy the moment and wonders what she should do next.

up
47 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos