The New Recruits Part 7

Printer-friendly version

“Oh man, I love it here.” Sophie was enjoying their training in the rainforest. The past few days have been nice.

“I know what you mean. I wish we had this the first day of our survival training.” Jerry finally secures the zip line they were helping the forest rangers install.

Jerry looks over towards Zak, as he tightens up the bolts holding the zip line. Him, Zak and Sophie were working together.

“Guys join us back at camp. Becky just received orders for us from Gina.” Tammy’s voice comes over their mikes.

“You heard it, people. Head back to camp.” Jerry twirls his hand in a circle like he was conducting a rodeo.

Zak and Sophie slide down the ziplines they just installed to the station they connected them to. Their four-wheelers were down at the base of the huge tree they had climbed to install the station and the lines.

Once they get to their four-wheelers, they head back to base camp. Once they arrive, they see all their teammates there. Becky was on her wrist computer double-checking their orders. She looks towards Stanley and Tammy.

“Orders are confirmed. We have an hour to pack everything up and be prepared to be evac out of here. The helicopter is going to pick us up, out at the entrance to the rainforest.” Becky couldn’t believe they were being called back.

“Where are we going?” Sophie was curious.

“To the airport, where the Lear we came in will be waiting for us along with all our gear. We’ll get our orders once we are on the Lear.” Stanley couldn’t believe they were being pulled out.

Becky had been adding the new zip lines to the map she had on her wrist computer. When she received a code 12 message from Cerberus Private Security. She double checked the encryption when she received it directly from headquarters. It was their new orders.

“Let’s pack everything up and head to the pickup zone.” Tammy starts loading her four-wheeler with the items they brought. The four-wheelers belonged to the rangers and there would be someone there to take custody of them.

Once everyone was packed up. They take the path back to where they came in a few days ago. Just as they arrived, a helicopter land at the clearing. A person gets out of the helicopter and runs over to Stanley and Tammy.

“We need to hurry and get you to the airport. Your plane will be arriving in about thirty minutes.”

“Alright, let’s get loaded up.” Stanley directs his people to pick up the pace.

They get the helicopter loaded with all their gear and themselves. Everyone looks at one another with a puzzled look on their face.

“What is so important you would interrupt a training mission?” Sophie was curious about why her cousin would interrupt their training.

“I don’t know, but I have a feeling, things are about to hit the fan.” Tammy was wondering why they had been called back.

The Lear Jet that brought them to Australia lands and once it comes to a complete stop. A fuel truck pulls up to it. The door on the Lear opens and a red hair woman comes out.

“Hey Patricia, what brings you to Australia?” Tammy walks up to her.

“You guys. I’ve been ordered to get you on that plane as quickly as possible and back to the states.” Patricia walks over and starts loading their gear.

Dave and Jerry give her a hand, while everyone else loads onto the plane. Once the Lear is refueled and loaded. Patricia gets permission to take off. She lifts off into the air and heads towards the states.

Tammy and Stanley make their way towards the cockpit. They wanted to know why they were heading back to the states.

“Patricia, where are you taking us?” Tammy looks at Patricia.

“Knoxville, Tennessee. I’ve been instructed to take you guys to Knoxville for some reason. Mr. Bounty said he would send instructions to your computer specialist.” Patricia didn’t get anything else after that.

“Guys, we got a message from Gina.” Becky just received a video from Gina.

Tammy and Stanley head back to the cabin area. Tammy takes a seat in a nearby chair. She watches as Stanley takes a seat in another chair.

“Alright, go ahead and play the video.”

“Alright.” Becky transfers the video feed to the television set on the plane.

“Good afternoon Golden Eagle Squad. You are probably wondering why your survival training was cut short. I am sending you to help protect some people that worked with me and my sister in Memphis, Tennessee. Half of your team will be on protection detail, while the other half of your team will be going with one of the owners of K&P Services. The ones that will be staying to protect his family is as followed. Stanley,
Dave, Greg, and Zak. The ones going with the owner of K&P Services are Tammy, Jerry, David, Sophie, and Becky.

Your mission will be revealed to you when you arrive in Knoxville. It’s important to me that you protect Mr. Paul Romano’s family. There have already been two attempts on his family’s life. The first attempt was on his children. The second attempt was on his wife. His wife is currently in the hospital in intensive care. I have a feeling the assassin is going to try again to kill her. Your job is to protect his teenage daughters and members of his team. All restrictions have been lifted. Use whatever force is necessary or torture if you need to.”

“Damn, I wonder why this assassin went after Mr. Romano’s family?” Stanley was curious about that.

Becky googles Paul’s name and comes up with K&P Services. She googles them “he is part owner of a Private Investigations and Bounty Hunting company.”

“A bounty hunting company?” Tammy looks over towards Stanley.

“Yep, a bounty hunting company.” Stanley wonders what he did to warrant an assassin after him and his family.

“Do you want me to continue with the video?” Becky looks at her leaders.

“Continue with the video.” Tammy wanted to know what else they should expect.

“Now, I know this is unusual splitting a team like yours up, but it is necessary. After this assignment, I will try to keep you guys together. However, for now, I need to split you up.”

Everyone could see that Gina was uneasy about splitting them up. It showed on her face.

“Now, this assignment will not be easy. The team staying to protect Mr. Romano’s family will also be protecting them while they are in school.
You’ll be working with members of his team and the local police force. I want you to fully cooperate with the police. Your contact with the police is Tony Butler. He’s a friend of their family. As for the second team, you’ll get your mission orders when you land. Your contacts are Deputy Marshall Bullock and his partner Deputy Marshall Running Bear. You’ll be working with them. Good Luck and be safe.”

The video stops after that. Becky brings up the files of each member of K&P Services, Marshal Bullock and Marshal Running Bear. She also adds recent current events.

up
206 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The stuff is

Samantha Heart's picture

Going to hit the fan for sure I hope Golden Eagle Squad is ready for this storm brewing.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Great story! I know this is

Great story! I know this is a sequel, but I can't remember what the earlier story is. Some help would be appreciated in finding out its title.

i believe this is

a continuation of the K & P services story. Or did you mean the storyline "Mistaken for Law Enforcement"?

_________________________________________________________________
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes." -Shakespeare

sorry about the double post.

My android tablet seems to be messing with me lately. i couldnt get in to edit the first post . It was only after I saved the second one that it let me access the first one. If someone could delete it I would appreciate that.

BTW I love your storylines LadyDragon. I've been following them since your first one was posted. You've got one active imagination and I would love to have 1/10th of your talent.

_________________________________________________________________
"By the pricking of my thumbs, something wicked this way comes." -Shakespeare

Thanks

I was thinking of the Mistaken for Law Enforcement story.