Native Life Chp.11

Printer-friendly version

United States Capitol Washington, D.C. United States of America:
Cora looks at all the Representatives as she stood before them. She could already see that most of them were so out of touch with reality. She had walked out of the shadows during a speech from one of the Representatives. He was complaining about how the president was handling the border and how immigrants coming across have increased.

The person speaking looks at Cora as she walks out of the shadows into the chamber. All the Representatives wanted to know who this person was.

“Who are you?” The representative from Texas looks at Cora.

Cora was still wearing her fox mask. She looks at the Representative “it doesn’t matter who I am. All that matters right now, the congressman is the fact that you and all the other representatives here need to do something about helping the people coming across the border.”

“We’re not here to help them. They need to be stopped.” Representative Reign looks at the fox-faced woman.

“They are running from countries that have suppressed them and taken away their rights. It’s because of the deals this country has made with its government, and congressman. They are coming here for help and a better life.”

“They are bringing weapons and drugs into this country, whomever you are.” Representative Reign didn’t like whomever this person is.

“Who are you, Mrs.?” Mendoza looks towards Cora.

“Black. Just Black, Mr. Mendoza.” Cora looks at Mendoza when she response

“Well, Mrs. Black. You do know you’re trespassing, don’t you.”

Cora notices some aides and other representatives trying to leave the chamber. She says a word and every door leading out of the chambers closes and secures itself. She looks back towards Mr. Mendoza “you might want to add kidnapping and holding you and your colleague hostage.”

“Who are you to tell us what to do?” Representative Taylor looks towards Cora as she stood near Rep. Reign.

“It seems someone needs to. All you representatives have done since being elected is act like spoiled children. Now, I’m going to say this only once. No one is going to leave this chamber until something can be done about the immigrants and these so called patriots patrolling the border.”

“You don’t have the right to hold us hostage.” Representative Taylor gets up out of her seat and marches over to Cora.

A smirk appears on Cora’s covered face. She watches as the congresswoman marches up to her. She could see the determined and mean look on her face.

“Congresswoman, confronting me is a bad idea. I have very little tolerance for stupidity.” Cora lets her eyes flash red.

“I don’t care. You wouldn’t strike a member of Congress.” Rep Taylor didn’t flinch when the eyes of the figure flashed red.

“You’re right, Mrs. Taylor. However, I can make you relive what these immigrants have gone through.” Cora touches Mrs. Taylor’s forehead with one of her fingers and sends a memory of one of the immigrants she helped into the rep’s mind.

Mrs. Taylor starts reliving what the person and her children went through. She was about to fall when the Representative from Texas catches her. He looks at Cora “what did you do to her?”

“She’s reliving a memory of what one of the immigrants I helped went through. Maybe now, you clowns will do what needs to be done to help
them out.”

Back At the Campsite:
Amy helps several of the women they rescued. The arrangements Cora made with the tribal council had shown up to help. Their little camp was growing with all the people showing up to either help the immigrants or bring supplies.

She walks around the campsite and inhales the aroma of food being cooked. She looks over towards the tent area where the food was being prepared and smiles as she watches the women over there cook food. She grabs her waterskin and takes a sip from it. She managed to dig down and hit some fresh water, so everyone would have water. An area had been set up to be used as a bathroom.

She moves out of the way as some young kids run by her. The guy that had been paid to kill her and Cora was taken away by the tribal police. They were leaving a few officers at the camp to help protect everyone.

Amy walks away from the camp and finds a nice and quiet spot to think. She sits down on a boulder and looks out towards the desert. She knew Cora was going to have a fight on her hands with congress. Sometimes she wonders about the democratic system and how nothing seems to get accomplished.

“Do you mind some company?” Dulce had spotted Amy walking away from the camp and followed her. She hadn’t seen the other woman anywhere.

Amy looks over towards the woman “please join me.”

Amy didn’t mind having some company. She has seen the woman around the camp.

“Thanks.” Dulce walks over and sits next to Amy.

“Is everything okay?” Amy looks at the young woman.

“Yes, I saw you walking away from camp and was curious.” Dulce looks into Amy’s eyes and notices how they were gold.

“I just needed to get away for a while.” Amy didn’t mind the young woman looking into her eyes.

“Oh, well it’s nice of you and your friend to help us out. Most people we have met so far, haven’t been very nice.”

“That’s because they have been brainwashed to believe that all immigrants are criminals. They don’t understand the sacrifice and burdens you encounter leaving your old life in the hope to start a new one.”

“And you and your friend do?” Dulce looks at Amy to try to understand her.

“Yes, I and my friend do. We are sort of outclass among our own people.” Amy knew she was different from most of the people on the reservation.

Dulce just sits quietly next to Amy and enjoys the peacefulness of the scenery.

up
118 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Will Amy tell her story?

Samantha Heart's picture

It might help, but at the same time the young woman may not believe what she is saying is true.....

Love Samantha Renée Heart.