What’s It’s Like for A Girl Book 2 Chapter 3

Printer-friendly version

By the afternoon, Max managed to get her Vespa up and running. She had completely rebuilt the motor and installed all brand new parts she had to import from Italy. She installed new body panels and had the seat and gauges rebuilt. Overall, her Vespa was factory-built, if not better.

She takes it out for a test drive. Her sister had joined her girlfriend for the rest of the day. Max knew she wouldn’t see her sister until tomorrow.
As she drives by some of her neighbors, she waves to them. Some of them have accepted her and some of them gave her the cold shoulder. As for her friends, most of them stood by her. They were supportive and checked on her to see how she was doing after being almost killed.

While Max is sitting at a stop light, some guys in a jacked-up pickup truck pull up next to her in the next lane. The passenger side window starts lowering. “Hey babe, what time does those legs open up for business?”

Chuck liked how the woman riding the scooter looked. The way the light blue tank top she was wearing showed off her bare tanned shoulders. He liked looking down at her medium size breasts. Her helmet covered her head but left her face exposed.

Max ignores the man in the truck next to her. She has seen the truck around her high school during the football games and baseball games. She knew the passenger was the older brother of Mark Failsworth. He was the team captain of her high school baseball team.

Mark’s brother had been suspended from their high school for pulling a prank on a female teacher who had injured her. He didn’t like that she didn’t cut him any slack on his grades. Some of the teachers in her high school looked after the football, basketball, and baseball players in their school.

The swim team wasn’t as popular as the other after-school activities. Most of the football players were also on the wrestling team. So, they always did extremely well. The girl’s tennis team was one of the best around. Also, the softball team as well. Some of the track and field players were on the softball team.

They didn’t have a soccer team at her school, but there has been talk of starting one. Max watches the light and when it turns green, she goes. The truck beside her speeds past her and heads towards the sports bar where you can catch any game you like.

The place had large-screen television sets over the bar area and smaller sets at the booths along the wall. There was a collection of screens hanging from the ceiling in the middle of the place, showing different games.

Since she hasn’t had any lunch yet. She stops at Wendy’s and grabs a five-dollar lunch meal. There was a park nearby that she liked a lot and she headed there to have lunch.

While she is sitting on a bench eating her lunch. She spots one of the girls from her school's track team jogging towards her. If she remembered right, the girl’s name was Cindy Diggs. She waves at Cindy.

Cindy had finished up everything she had to do at home and decided to go for a jog. She normally tried to go early in the morning, but her mother wanted her to accompany her to church. So, she went to church with her mother. Afterward, her mother stuck around to talk with some of her friends. While her mother was socializing with her friends, she looked at some of the stuff for sale. Their church always had a thrift sale afterward. She found a few items she liked and bought them.

When she arrived back home, she changed her clothes and informed her mother that she was going for a job. She had a certain route she normally took and her mother knew it. As she was jogging through the park, she spotted Max sitting on a bench eating lunch. She slows down when she spots her waving at her. She jogs up to Max and smiles. She heard what happened to her before school ended.

She didn’t have a problem with Max being in the girl’s locker room or on the swim team either. Max has been beaten by a few of the girls on the team. Also, Max stood down when one of the coaches of another school’s girl swim team complained about Max being on the team.

She didn’t have to, but she did to show she was willing to compromise with everyone. It didn’t matter in the end, because the girls on their school team ended up beating the other school. It was a major embarrassment because the other school lost big time.

“Hey, Max. What brings you to the park?” As Cindy jogs in place.

“I was out testing the repairs I did to my scooter and stopped to have some lunch.” Max knew it was kind of late to be eating lunch.

“So, that was your scooter I passed when I entered the park. It looks nice.”

“Thanks. Are you practicing for when school starts?” Max knew what she was doing.

“Yeah, I like to stay in shape, even when I’m not in school. I heard you are working with Mr. Collins.”

“Yeah, Greg asked me if I would work with him and his father this summer.” Max was glad his best friend since elementary school was still his friend.

“That’s good. How is Greg?” Cindy had a little crush on Max’s best friend.

A smile appears on Max’s face “Let me guess, you like Greg?”

Cindy’s cheeks blush when Max asks her that question. She knew Greg liked her from the looks he gave her during gym class.

“Well, I heard he likes me and he does look at me when we're in gym class.” Cindy watches Max.

“He’s doing fine. I could give you his cell number or I could give him yours and have him call you if you like.”

“Could you give him, mine? Please?”

“Sure. What are your plans for Friday?” Max was thinking he could arrange for the two of them to meet up at hers and Greg’s favorite place after work.

“Nothing, why?” Cindy looks at Max with a puzzled look on her face.

“You’ll see.” A smile forms on Max’s face.

The two of them talk for a little while. Cindy informs her that she hopes she’ll be on the team this year. She knew Carol couldn’t wait to see her again.

Afterwards, she continues to finish her jogging and Max heads home.

up
77 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

It's good

Samantha Heart's picture

Max has people who support her on other girls teams at school. & don't care she's in the locker room with them. Max is a good person.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.