What’s It’s Like for A Girl Part 14

Printer-friendly version

Max couldn’t believe that she was at her first meet of the swim season. She had her fake breast on to fill out her swimsuit better. She puts on her swim cap, like the rest of the girls, and makes sure her hair was tucked. She grabs her brand-new goggles and makes sure they are adjusted right.

“What’s wrong, Max?” Joy has been spending time with Max lately. They have been going shopping and working on their schoolwork together.

Joy’s parents liked Max and were supportive of her decision.

“I’m nervous.” Max wasn’t sure how the other team was going to accept her.

“Look, there are some schmucks on the other team that complained to Coach Karr about you. She and the other coaches said, if they didn’t want to compete against you, they could forfeit their match.” Joy had been walking by a room coach Karr and the other coach for the other team were in and talking. She heard Max’s name mentioned and listen to what was being said.

Coach Karr defended Max being on the girl team and with her taking part in the competition. If the other team didn’t want to compete against Max, they could forfeit the match. Joy was proud that coach Karr defended Max.

“Well, let’s go out and win this match for our school.” Joy lays her hand on Max’s shoulder.

“Thanks, Joy.” Max liked that Joy became her friend.

“You’re welcome and I’m still jealous that you're going to be bigger than me in the chest.” Joy just smiles at Max.

“You could always wear my fake ones when my breasts come in.”

“I’ll think about it.” Joy leads them out of the locker room and out to the pool area.

Max, Joy, and the other girls walk out and sit on the bench. The other team comes out and sits on the bench on the other side of the pool. Carol was first up to compete. Max watches her as she swims and encourages her to beat the other girl.

It was so close as Carol and the other girl touches the side of the pool. Carol won by the length of a fingernail.

“Yes!” Max jumps up when Carol wins.

The other girl almost had Carol. If the girl had arms a little longer, she could have beaten Carol. Carol helps the other girl out of the pool.

“Alright, Max. It’s your turn. Go out there and do your best.” Coach Karr looks at Max, like a proud mother.

“Yes ma’am.” Max gets up and heads towards the podium.

As she is walking past Betty “remember what we did, Max.”

“I will, Betty and thanks.”

Sara watches as Max steps up onto her podium. She glances at Max and knew she was biologically a male, but she didn’t look like it.

“Let’s see what you got, girlie boy.” Sara had an evil smile on her face.

“Bring, it.” Max leans forward and waits for the gun.

The gun goes off and Max dives into the pool and glides underwater halfway down the length of the pool. When she comes up, she was
already in her stroke as she continued down the pool. She was doing everything Betty taught her and when she spotted the wall coming up.
She takes a deep breath and does her flip. She pushes hard off the wall and glides only a quarter of the way back.

She doesn’t slow down as she pushes herself down her lane. She could hear her teammates calling her name and could see the wall approaching fast. She stretches out and her hand touches the edge of the pool.

She stands up and looks at the other swimmer. She was standing up and looking at her.

Coach Karr and the other coach from the other school couldn’t believe it. Both swimmers had the same time. There wasn’t any difference in their time.

Coach Karr looks at Max “you both touched at the same time, Max. Your times are identical.”

Sara looks at Max “I’ll get you next time, girlie boy.”

“We’ll see.” Max climbs out of the pool and dries off.

“You and Sara were neck and neck on the way back. You had her on the take-off, but when the two of you flipped and were on the way back.
She caught up with you and were in sync with each other.” Betty had handed Max her towel.

“I have to admit, if you hadn’t worked with me on my stroke, I would have lost.” Max was still energized.

“Well, you did well. Now, let's cheer our other teammates on.”

“You got it.” Max sits next to Betty, while Joy takes her stance.

The match continues and their school ends up beating the other school. Even with Joy and Anna coming in second place. They still manage to win.

up
157 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I'm glad Joy is Max's friend

Samantha Heart's picture

I was worried about her, but she turns out to be nice. As for Max's swimming i think more practice with the butterfly will help build her confidence & technique a bit more & may even win.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

I was worried about Joy too,

JenniBee's picture

I was worried about Joy too, but it seems that her statements misgendering Max weren't meant as slams on her. Hopefully, Joy and the other girls on the swim team will continue being supportive of Max.

I'd forgotten this story.

WillowD's picture

Well, that's what re-reading is for. Thanks for writing this.

50 or 100 meters or yards?

Jamie Lee's picture

For her first meet as a girl, tieing in her race was okay. The team would have liked a win, but she did help the team win the meet.

Joy shouldn't be in a hurry for her body to develop, just because others girls have more breast development than she does. Max is a good example for her to follow, in that she's being herself regardless of what others say. Joy needs to look to those in the same boat as she is, and see if they are unhappy because they have yet to develop as other girls have.

Others have feelings too.