The Past Comes Knocking Part 21

Printer-friendly version

Thursday Morning, The Abbey, St. Ives, Cornwall, England:
Amelia arrived early at the restaurant after doing her morning shopping. She spots some guys walking around outside her restaurant. She wondered who they were and what they were looking for. She pulls into her usual parking spot and parks. She grabs the can of dye she carries, typically just in case she is attacked.

As Amelia exits from her car, she looks at the men. She closes the car door but keeps her hand on the handle if she needs to enter it.

“Can I help you, gentlemen, with something?” Amelia watches the men carefully.

Henry hears a female voice coming from the parking lot. She had red hair and was of average height. He has seen her here at the restaurant before.

“Yes, we are looking for this girl. Have you seen her?” Henry shows the picture of Amy to Amelia.

“Yes, I saw her. She dug through my trash for something to eat a few days ago. Are you her father?” Amelia had already learned who Amy’s father was from her friend.

“No, just a friend of the family. Do you know what happened to her?” Henry was watching the young woman.

“I took her in and made her some food. While she was eating, I called the local police station, and they sent someone out to help her.” Amelia wasn’t telling this guy that Amy was staying with her.

The local group home she would have been sent to was full. So, Amelia was willing to take Amy in. Her daughters were already bonding with Amy and calling her their little sister.

Henry closed his eyes and knew trouble would be coming his way soon. He wanted to strangle this woman’s neck, but they were out in public, and she was well-known in the neighborhood. He’ll wait until later and come back to deal with her.

“Thank you.” Henry turns and walks away.

“You’re welcome.” Amelia watches as the men walk away. She waits a few minutes before getting the groceries out of her car and carrying them
inside the restaurant.

She noticed the sign was still up, letting her customers know she would close early tonight. Most of them knew she normally closed early on Thursday and stayed open late on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. She carries the groceries back to the kitchen and starts prepping everything.

Manor House, Ravenstonedale, England:
“Mom, I’m going out and won’t be back until late tomorrow.” Archie wasn’t going to tell his mother what he was up to.

As far as she was concerned, his half-sister died after jumping out of the window after killing their father. He knew she knew who the Hatter had been that day, especially after she said that they would be better off without him. The thing was, his mother still refused to acknowledge that she was his older sister.

“All right, honey. Be careful and stay safe.” Maddison wonders what her son was up to.

She knew he went to New York with his friends and had been busy since returning from his trip. Still, she trusted her son and whatever he was up to. She’ll let him be.

Archie grabs the keys to his Aston Martin. While he had been in New York. He and his mates rented one of the new Hellcats and loved the speed the car had. He has been thinking about buying one and shipping it to England. He knew his friend Theo was already in the process of having one. He knew Theo’s parents spoiled him.

He heard back from MI 5 and has an appointment to visit the assessment center to be interviewed and answer some questions. He’s hoping they will take him. If not, his second choice would be to serve in the military and try again from there.

He listens to music being played through the speakers of his Martin. The day was nice and will be happy to see his sisters together. He hopes they will get along.

The SUV From Bristol:
Mark watched as Bret drove the SUV they were traveling in. He noticed that the woman who was Bret’s partner was quiet and kept watch as they traveled. A smirk appears on his face because if someone were dumb enough to attack this SUV, they would be inviting trouble they have never experienced.

He looked over at Aylin to see how she was doing. “How are you holding up, sweetie?”

Aylin turns to face her husband, “nervous. I hope my twin sister isn’t be offended by what I did to our father.”

“Sweetie, what you did was put down a mad dog. Your father tried to pretend you didn’t exist and permitted a madman to experiment with you.” Mark grabs Aylin’s hand and holds it.

“You think?” Aylin looks into Mark’s eyes. She knew he would never hide anything from her.

“If she is anything like you. She’ll understand.” Mark places a kiss on Aylin’s cheek.

Angel had been listening to the conversation going on between the Jaggers. She wonders what experiments had been performed on Mrs. Jagger and what doctor they discussed. She glances towards Bret with a puzzled look on her face. She signs to him, asking him who they are talking about.

Bret notices Angel signing to him and shrugs his shoulder. He knew nothing about Mrs. Jagger, except what they were told to do. He looked at Angel and could see she was puzzled.

Since he couldn’t sign back while driving, “ask them.”

“Ask us what?” Mark heard Bret reply to something his partner was asking him.

Mark noticed earlier that Bret’s partner Angel couldn’t speak. He had seen the surgical scar on her throat.

“My partner wanted to know what doctor your wife was talking about.” Bret looks at Mark in the rearview mirror.

Mark looks at his wife. “Do you mind explaining?”

Aylin looks towards their bodyguards up front. She had noticed that the woman sent to protect and transport them couldn’t speak. She wonders if someone has done something to her.

“When I was little. I was put in a mental hospital, and illegal medical experiments were performed. The doctor who did the experiments was the director of the mental hospital. When I escaped from the place, I blew him to kingdom come.”

“How about the rest of his staff? What did you do to them?” Angel wondered if the person who experimented on her and the others worked for the man Mrs. Jagger killed.

“As far as I remember. I didn’t do anything to anyone except the orderlies that raped me. Some of the staff were nice to me.” Aylin couldn’t remember everything she did that day, but she did remember blowing the doctor up and killing the two orderlies who raped her.

“Do you remember a middle-aged man with dark brown hair and grey eyes?” Angel was signing as Bert translated for her.

“I couldn’t tell you. My mind was completely gone at the time.”

“Was the Doctor’s name William Dippel?” Bret wonders if the doctor Aylin killed, was the doctor who taught the one who performed experiments on Angel and several others.

Aylin closes her eyes and thinks back to that time. Her mind had been very cloudy from the experiments and drugs used on her. She tries to remember the face of the doctor she killed.

A memory that had been buried surfaces of a young man dressed in a white lab coat. He had injected her with some bright green liquid that made her sick as a dog. It caused every muscle in her body to seize up. It felt like he was enjoying what he was doing to her.

She squeezes Mark’s hand as her body responds to the memory. Her eyes open as she looks around her location.

“Easy, Aylin. You’re safe.” Mark holds Aylin so she feels safe. He knew her senses were enhanced, and the cologne he wore would snap her out of whatever just gripped her.

Aylin smells Mark’s cologne as it reminds her that smell means safety. She inhales Mark’s scent and counts down from ten. She could feel her Hatter personality stirring. She snuffs Mark's neck again and manages to calm down.

Angel had watched Aylin’s reaction and felt that Mrs. Jagger knew the doctor she cut up just from watching her. She wonders if the doctor Mrs. Jagger killed taught the person she killed.

Mark felt the pressure on his hand loosen and looks into his Aylin’s eyes. He could tell whatever happened was slowly loosening its grip on Aylin. “I take it, it brought back some memories you buried?”

Aylin shakes her head and looks into Mark’s brown eyes “yes and I have to say that whoever Angel was experimented on by was the doctor’s assistant I killed.”

Bret was surprised when he heard Aylin’s voice. There was sadness in it.

“Bret, how much longer before we arrive?” Mark looks towards Bret.

“We’re almost there.” Bret glances to the GPS to see how much longer they had.

“All right.” Mark just holds Aylin.

Angel turns around in her seat and look out the windshield.

up
102 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well

I guess that would make Aylin and Angel bloodsisters, so to speak.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin