My Week at The Lake Day 10

Printer-friendly version

Chris couldn’t believe that they couldn’t find Jimmy anywhere. They had gone out in Bruce’s truck t look for Jimmy. They had stopped at some of the hotels near the campground to see if he checked in there. After that, they went into town and went to the Greyhound bus station to see if Jimmy took the bus, but ticket agents hadn’t seen him there.

They stop at Wendy’s for lunch. Chris was watching the parking lot from the table they had gotten. Anthony made her sit, while he stood in line with Bruce and Edward. She watches as a woman with three kids tries to get them to behave.

She sighs as she turns her attention to Anthony and the other guys. She still couldn’t figure out why Jimmy would do what he did to her. She never did anything to him. It was like what her older brother and father did to her, all because she wanted to act and was going to wear a dress in a school play. Tears started leaking from her eyes as she tries not to cry. She already cried enough the other day.

She wipes the tears away and blows her nose. Chris checks her face with a compact mirror from her purse. She notices her eyes were red and puffy from crying. She takes a wet napkin out of her purse and wipes her face. She carries a few because of her bladder problem.

The guys come back over and sit down at the table. Anthony sits a chicken sandwich down in front of Chris along with fries and a large Frosty.
He knew how much she loved Wendy’s frosty.

“Thanks, Anthony.” As she unwraps the chicken sandwich.

“Any time.” He bites into his triple-decker bacon burger.

“I can’t believe we can’t find Jimmy.” Bruce takes a bite of his hamburger.

“I know. You don’t think he got a ride from a trucker, do you?” Edward has been thinking about that.

“It’s possible or he could have gone to a used car place and asked to test drive one of their cars. He’s done it before when we were younger.”
Bruce recalls the time when they went looking for a car and Jimmy asked to test drive a truck on the lot he liked. They didn’t bring the car back till after the place closed.

“I called Alex and Jason and I asked them to keep an eye out for Jimmy. I told them what we suspect he did to Chris and they were pissed.” Edward knew Alex and Jason liked Chris. They thought of her as their little sister.

“I just want to know why he did it? I’ve never done anything mean to him unless he started it.” Chris looks at the guys.

“All we can think of is how his friends dressed him up like a prostitute and locked him out of his apartment. He was embarrassed when the cops came and were going to arrest him.” Edward recalls that day.

“Still that’s no reason to hate someone because they are different than you. That’s also no reason to drug them and beat the crap out of them and leave them in the woods to die.” Chris was pissed.

“We know Chris. All we can do now is find him and make him pay for what he did to you.” Anthony could see Chris shiver some.

After they finish lunch at Wendy’s. They take a cruise along Skyline Drive. They pull over when they spot a black bear foraging. He was away from the highway, but they could see him walking near the tree line.

Chris takes her camera out to take a couple of pictures of him. Once she was done taking pictures of the black bear. They continue down the
skyline and stop again to take pictures of the view. She was still nervous, but the guys were always near her. She has an accident and they have to stop at a place for her to change her pad and underwear.

Once she was done cleaning herself and wearing a new pad and panties. They continue heading back towards their campsite. By the time they get back, it was dark.

“I’ll cook us some dinner.” Bruce starts building up the firewood in the fire pit.

Chris watches Bruce as he gets the firepit going. She looks up into the night sky and watches as clouds drift in. She loved seeing a river of stars in the night sky.

She goes back to watching Bruce as he fixes dinner for them. He gets some rice going and takes out two bags of frozen stir fry vegetables and cooks it. He had cooked some strips of beef before he added the vegetables. The bag came with two sauce pockets. He adds them in and stirs the vegetables and meat.

Anthony fixes Chris a plate first and hands it to her. He also grabs a wine cooler for her as well from the cooler. They had picked up more beer and wine coolers.

“Thanks, Anthony.” Chris opens the wine cooler and takes a sip from it.

TA Truck Stop, Ashland, Va.:
Jimmy had managed to hitch a ride from a truck driver heading south. The truck driver dropped him off at TA truck shop, where he got a hotel room from the hotel across the street from the truck stop.

He has been watching the news to see if there were any reports of what he did to Chris. Nothing, about what he did or anyone finding her showed on the news. Which meant that the guys at the campsite must have found her. He threw a fit about that. He wanted her to die. She was a freak that shouldn’t be allowed to live.

He hears his cellphone ring and notices it was his mother. He ignores her call. He knows if he answers the call, she will either chew his ass out for doing what he did to Chris, which Bruce would have told her, or she will tell Bruce and them where he is. He called a friend of his that belongs to a church group that was against gays, lesbians and transgenders to come and pick him up. Why he even agreed to come on this camping trip, when he knew Chris was coming was beyond his reasoning. He thought he could enrage her and turn the fellows against her, but that didn’t happen.

Later in the evening, there was a knock at his door. He looks through the peephole and saw that it was his friend Roman. He opens the door and steps aside “come on in, Roman.”

Roman comes walking into the hotel room. He stood about 6 ft. tall and was a little older than Jimmy. He had all sorts of tattoo’s run up down his arms and what you could see peeking out of his t-shirt. He was wearing a faded pair of blue jeans and military-style combat boots.

Jimmy knew Roman normally carried a .357 magnum revolver with him. Once Roman was in his room, he shuts the door behind him.

“So, did you kill her?” Roman turned around to look at Jimmy.

“There’s been no word on the news yet of her body being found.”

“Then that means you didn’t succeed, Jimmy. You know Mr. Kellestine isn’t going to be happy with you.” Roman looks at Jimmy with a disappointed look on his face.

“Look, why does he want her killed? I mean, I have no love for her. I think people like her need to be sent to a mental hospital. They are sick and shouldn’t be allowed to be in general public.” Jimmy really meant what he said, but he wanted to know what Mr. Kellestine want her dead?
What did Chris do to him?

“Ours is not the reason why ours is to do or die.” Roman just look at Jimmy. He had orders to kill him if he didn’t accomplish his task.

After he killed him, he was supposed to do the deed himself. He had to admit, that he enjoyed the last transgender person he killed. The bitch lasted a week before it died off. The police still haven’t found the body yet.

“Look, they are still up at the campsite. I can ambush her up there in the woods. Did you bring a hunting rifle with you?” Jimmy figures he can make the shooting of Chris look like a hunting accident.

“Yeah, I brought the rifle with me. It’s stolen, so it can’t be traced back to you.” Roman had taken it from a hunter that had stopped at the same gas station as him. He checked the rifle, to make sure it worked properly.

“We’ll head back tomorrow morning. I’ll make up some excuse or something.” Jimmy had to figure something out to lure Chris out.

up
187 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Getting a bit extreme,

Aren't they? Somehow I don't think Jimmy is going to survive this. Could it be he enjoyed his forey, into cross dressing and forced fem?

Who belong in the mental hospital?

Jamie Lee's picture

A church group goes around killing people because they're different? Jimmy's got it wrong about who belong in the mental hospital, or wrong about who needs to have an accident. These are some really sick people.

Others have feelings too.

Ummmm

Alice-s's picture

So we have a poisoned who carried out a violent assault and attempted murder and the main suspect flees the scene in a big guilty manner and nobody has gotten the police involved?

Ummmm. Why? Help me out here, but this Pratt would be on the local cops interesting people list at least. So why not?

I know you Americans get squat didly vacation time, but I think this qualifies for calling it short.