The Hunter, Becomes The Hunted Part 4

Printer-friendly version

Jessica wakes up all of sudden. Something caused her to become alert suddenly. She spots Sophie with a knife in her hand pointing towards the door of their room. Jessica reaches out with her gift and touched an unfamiliar mind. The person was trying to see the two women inside the room.

Sophie waits till the door is almost opened and pull it open as fast as she could. She moves out of the way as the person falls forward towards the floor. Sophie moves quickly and presses her knife edge against the person’s neck.

Jessica was scanning the person mind. He was just a pervert that wanted a closer look of Sophie and Jessica.

“He’s a pervert, Sophie. He wanted to capture some nude photos of us.” Jessica couldn’t believe it.

Sophie turns her knife around and bops him on the back of his head, knocking him out. She pulls out a set of zip cuffs and cuffs the person. She tosses his butt out of their room.

Sophie turns around and looks at Jessica “let me guess, you posse a psychic gift?”

“Yes, but it doesn’t always work every time.” Jessica was lying through her teeth.

Sophie takes in Jessica’s body language and could tell she was lying. She has come across people during her travels that possess psychic abilities and a lot of them didn’t like being exposed. She knew most people thought mental abilities were hocus pocus.

“No problem. I’m just glad it worked this once.” Sophie puts her knife back in its sheath.

She glances towards her travel clock and notices it was six in the morning. They were leaving at eight, so they could get to the village they were helping by early afternoon.

“Well, since were up. Let’s go and grab some breakfast.”

“Sounds like a good plan.” Jessica grabs some clothes from her suitcase and changes into them.

Sophie changes as well. She figures since she was already up. Since, she and Jessica were already up, they might as well go and get some breakfast.

Sophie checks on Tammy, Marshal Running Bear and Jerry. She figures they must be tired from staying up all night. She walks into the warehouse and notices all three of them wide awake.

“Didn’t you guys, get any sleep last night?” Sophie looks over towards Tammy.

Tammy and the guys were sitting around, resting their heads against some boxes, when the door to the warehouse opened. Sophie and Jessica come walking in. She watches as they walk up to them.

“No. Why are you and Jessica up so early?” Tammy covers up a yawn.

“We had a visitor this morning. He tried picking the lock to our room.”

Jerry and Marshal Running Bear look at Jessica and Sophie “are you girls okay?”

“Yeah, I took him down and handcuffed him.” Sophie was smiling, because she could have done worse to him.

“Do you know what he wanted?” Marshal Running Bear was concerned. He was wondering if the person was connected to the person trying to kill Kat.

“I knocked him out before I could question him. Sorry, about that.” Sophie didn’t feel she should tell them the truth. She would keep Jessica’s
secret for now.

“So, what are your two plans?” Tammy had been watching them.

“We had talked about getting some breakfast. If you want, we could stay here and watch the warehouse, while you guys go and get something.” Jessica figures the three of them were tired.

“We’ll be okay. However, could you bring us back some fresh coffee and pastries?” Jerry wanted some fresh coffee.

“No problem. I’ll bring you guys some fresh coffee and pastries.”

Sophie and Jessica head to grab some fresh coffee and pastries for Tammy and her group. They return twenty minutes later with fresh coffee and some pastries. The place they were staying at had a kitchen they could make a request at.

“Mmmm, fresh coffee.” Jerry was in heaven.

“Thanks, Sophie and Jessica.” Tammy fills a cup up.

“No problem. The rest of the group should be awake soon. So, we’ll stay here with you guys till they are awake.” Sophie grabs a croissant and munches on it.

Paul wakes up when the alarm clock goes off. He didn’t sleep well last night. He was so used to having his family around him and Kat next to his body. He gets up and does his morning business. They were going to leave today and head to the village they were going to be helping out and investigating around for the person responsible for taking a hit out on himself and his family.

Paul joins up with Marshal Bullock, David, and Becky. He didn’t see Jessica and Sophie anywhere.

“Where are Jessica and Sophie?” Paul was concerned that maybe they had been killed overnight.

“They are alright.” Tammy had heard Paul’s question as she and the others were walking up to the group.

Becky looks over towards Tammy and the others “boy, you guys look rough this morning.”

“We’re fine. We’ll be back down after we head to our rooms and freshen up.” Tammy wanted to take a nice shower and change her clothes.

Tammy, Jerry and Marshal Running Bear head to their room and freshen up. While they were freshening up, the rest of the crew grab a quick breakfast and start helping the Helping Hand crew. By the time Tammy, Jerry and Marshal Running Bear come back down with their luggage and finish helping to load the supplies.

They end up leaving an hour later then they wanted. They had a long caravan of vehicles heading deep into India’s interior. Becky glances at her wrist computer and notices she loses satellite connection.

“Hey boss, we might have a problem. I just lost my satellite link.” Becky tries to locate the satellite signal again.

“Will the remote antenna help?” Tammy wasn’t a communication expert.

“It should. I’ll see once we arrive at the village.”

“Alright, let me know if we need to set-up the antenna.” Tammy was concerned if they couldn’t stay in touch with the other team members.

“We’ll do.” Becky sets the wrist computer to beep when it receives a signal.

The caravan finally arrives at the village they will be working. It was late in the evening.

“Tammy, me, Marshal Bullock and Sophie will guard the supplies tonight.” Paul figures the distraction would be welcomed.

“Alright. We’ll take your stuff to where you’ll be bunking.” Tammy motions for Jerry and David to take Paul and the others luggage to where
they will be bunking.

up
185 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Trouble already

Samantha Heart's picture

First a pervert now no sat comms. Not a good start. Plus leaving late. I HOPE they find who they are looking for soon & take care of business.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.