The Hunter, Becomes The Hunted Part 16 (Final Chapter)

Printer-friendly version

Butch watches as everyone boards the plane. He had originally thought he was going to be taking Kat and her crew back. He wasn’t counting on the others that were loading. He spots two women staying away from the others. He noticed that the woman with short black hair was supporting the other one, who was walking with a limp. He also noticed that the robe she had on was filthy and had a rust color stained on the front of it. The poor thing looked so pale as the other woman lead her over to a seat, far away from the others.

He continued to watch as the black hair woman secured the other woman into the seat. He spots Kat as she supported her husband over to one of the seats. He walks over to them.

“Hey, Kay what’s with all the extra passengers?” Butch was curious.

“Didn’t Becky tell you?” Kat makes sure Paul was secured, while she continued to talk with Butch.

“No. So, what’s with all the extra people?”

“These people are the followers who had come over here to do missionary work but ended up being used for other purposes.” Kat looks at the
others as they board the plane.

“Okay, did you see that young woman over there?” Butch points to the woman that looked like she was staring off into space.

“No.” Kat noticed the expression on the woman’s face.

She had a feeling that she must have been abused and maybe raped. She wonders if Jessica wouldn’t mind reading the woman’s mind to see what had been done to her. She looks around for Jessica and spots her being helped by Sophia.

“Hey Sophia and Jessica, can you two come over here for a minute?”

“Sure, Kat.” Sophia helps Jessica over to where Kat, Butch, and Paul were.

Kat looks at Jessica “can you use your special talent, to see what is wrong with that woman over there?” Kat points towards the brown hair woman wearing the filthy robe.

Jessica looks over towards the woman and slowly enter her mind. She clings tightly to Sophia as memories of being gang rape repeatedly enters her mind. The woman had been gang-raped over and over again, all because she had been accused of being a lesbian by another woman.

The other woman had been jealous because the priest of the village had taken a liking to her. So, she reported that the woman was a lesbian. The punishment for any lesbians was being gang-raped until they confess to their sins. In this case, the girl had been gang rape repeatedly.
The Priest enjoyed watching the pain being inflicted on her. He even joined in on the rapes.

Jessica exists from the woman’s mind and looks at Kat. There was anger on her face “they gang rape her several times. She’s reliving what was done to her.”

“Shit! Can you help her?” Kat felt sorry for the woman.

“Not here, I would have to take her back to my place.” Jessica figures her place would be perfect to help the woman.

“Why your place?” Kat was puzzled about that.

“Because it is very relaxing and away from anything that might remind her of what she went through. It will help me build a relationship with her.” Jessica could still feel the woman’s pain.

“Alright, go over and talk with her and her friend.” Kat hopes Jessica can help the woman.

“Okay.” Jessica with Sophia’s help walks over to the woman.

Butch looks at Paul “is he going to be okay?”

“He should be. I gave him a shot of morphine to kill the pain.”

“Don’t give him too much or he’ll become addicted to it.” Butch has seen people become addicted to the drug.

“If he ever does, I’ll cut his balls off.” Kat knew about addiction, because of her mother working as a nurse.

“Hey Butch, we’re all loaded up and ready to depart.” Teddy looks over towards Butch.

“Okay. Button her up and get ready to take off.”

“Are you sure, we can take off with this much of a load?” Kat was looking at everything loaded in the plane, besides her people and the Striker.

“Oh, we have power to spare. You forget who maintains this old bird.” Butch turns around with a smile on his face as he heads towards the cockpit.

Kat just shakes her head and rests her head on her husband’s shoulder. She can’t wait to be back home with her babies and family. She never thought when she became a bounty hunter that her life would head towards this.

She never thought she would be a mother or have children. Hell, they weren’t even sure she could get pregnant. Sure, she had periods like any woman would, but no one ever knew her eggs could be fertilized as a normal woman could.

Her oldest daughter wants to get married as soon as they get back. She didn’t mind, but she wishes Brittney and Crystal would wait a few years before they tied the knot. Also, she and Paul were hoping to have grandchildren from their daughters. She knew Terry was going to follow in her big sister’s footsteps and become a lawyer. Which meant years of law school, unless Terry learned from her sister.

Brittney and Crystal, on the other hand, were going to follow in her and Paul’s footsteps and continue bounty hunting. They were going to carry on the family business. As for Jill, she read the text Terry sent asking her to adopt Jill. She hasn’t spoken to Paul yet about adopting another child.

The two boys they rescued, her older brother and wife were already in the process of adopting them. She closes her eyes and just let sleep claim her. She’ll deal with these problems when she gets home. Maybe, after they have been home for a while, she and Paul could go on vacation somewhere.

Sophia had helped Jessica over to the two women and left her there, to talk with them. She noticed that the woman who had been gang-raped several times was in a catatonic state. The poor woman was reliving what was done to her inside her head.

She walks over and sits down next to the two Marshal’s. Marshal Running Bear had his eyes closes. She could tell he was trying to mediate, but it wasn’t working. As for Marshal Bullock, he was relaxing. The pain pills he had taken were easing the pain he still felt.


Story continues in Trenner’s Garage

up
158 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Writing skills

BarbieLee's picture

This is the only chapter I have dropped in on so I am not commenting on the story line. Think in terms of a movie or a play. Your setting (stage) is skillfully done. I can visualize how everything looks. Your action as you move your actors and actresses blends well with the setting. Then you add the third part, dialog. Again blending well with setting, action, and dialog. Nicely done.
Hugs LadyDragon
Barb
Life is a gift, treasure it.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

A great story.

Samantha Heart's picture

The only problem Kat will have on.vacatioon is A. SOMEONE is always trying to kill her. B. she can't let go.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

A great story.

Samantha Heart's picture

The only problem Kat will have on.vacatioon is A. SOMEONE is always trying to kill her. B. she can't let go.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Hopefully message received

Jamie Lee's picture

They had a rough conclusion to their hunt, but are still alive. Hopefully those assassins finally got the message and won't take another contract for the Bounty family. It will be their end if they do.

Vacation, Kat and Paul? Where? What planet so no one would try and kill them for once. But both do need to heal after what they experienced.

Those men who gang raped those two women, and the chief should be fixed in more ways than one. They aren't fit to continue breathing.

A nice story with a nice ending that was a pleasure to read.

Others have feelings too.