The Hunter, Becomes The Hunted Part 10

Printer-friendly version

Stanley walks around the cargo area of the C-17 they were flying in. Dave and Greg were investigating the IAV Stryker Rebecca sent along. The thing was equipped with an M134 GAU-17 Gatling Gun and plenty of ammo to go along with it. She also sent along with additional ammo for their weapons.

Kat checks her handguns to make sure they were in operational condition. She goes over her full body armor, making sure everything was in working order. Stanley noticed that their full-body armor had been loaded as well. On their shoulders, was their Golden Eagle symbol.

“Hey Kat, how can your sister afford an aircraft like this?” Stanley looks at Kat.

“She’s a mechanic. She and her father used to restore all sorts of vehicles. Everything from old cars to military vehicles. That included military equipment and instruments the military still uses but is out of date. Several, museums from different countries have requested her services to rebuild famous aircraft. She’s also the only private collector that has five fully operational F-14 Tomcats.” Kat was surprised her sister had them.

“How did she managed to do that?” Stanley never heard of a private collector having Tomcats.

“She bought a bunch of them to save them and turn them into museum pieces. Out of all the ones she bought, she kept five of them and restored them to full operational status. She had everything she needed there at her facilities to either rebuild what she needed or manufacture what she needed. Rebecca is very talented when it comes to mechanical and electrical items. She lives up to the name Gadget.”

“If it's not too personal, how did you and your sister become like you are?” Stanley, Dave, and Greg have been wondering about that.

“I and my sister are experiments. The people who created us came after Terry, August, and Britney about a year ago. They wanted to harvest mine and my sister’s eggs, to make more of us. They experimented with our girls and physically turned them into fully functional girls. There’s another like us in Europe somewhere that escaped. Where she is, no one knows.” Kat only knew a little bit about her from the files they
retrieved from the facilities they had been taken too.

“So, you, your half-sister and your children all have been experimented on?”

“Yes, the only people who weren’t experimented on was my husband and Rebecca’s husband.” Kat knew Paul and Lev weren’t touched when
they were kidnapped.

Stanley looks over towards Zak, who was meditating. He wonders how much longer they had before they arrived. He gets up and heads towards the cockpit.

The door opens and is greeted by a young man “what do you need?”

“I’m just checking to see how much longer we are going to be in the air?” Stanley hadn’t met the person in front of him.

“About eighteen hours.” Jack had seen everyone when they came aboard.

Butch was giving him a chance to prove himself and expand his duties at the airfield. He had asked why they were heading to India and was told it was family business. He was also told to make sure no one who wasn’t cleared, didn’t get onto the plane.

“Okay, thanks.” Stanley turns around and heads back to the rest of his team.

Kat was done with cleaning and checking her weapons. They were as ready as she could make them. She gets up and walks around the cargo area. She was bored and trying to keep her concern about her husband under control. Out of all the bounties they have gone after, nothing like this has ever happened to them.

On top of that, she is wondering what she is going to do with the boys and Jill. Jill was classified as being dead. Morgana could easily create a new identity for her. As for the boys, maybe her brother and sister-in-law could adopt them. She knew her brother was thinking about starting a family.

She sticks her head into the Stryker to see what the guys were up too. She hopes they don’t need this beast, but she is glad that Rebecca sent it along.

“How’s it going, guys?” Kat looks towards Dave and Greg.

“Everything is in operational order, Kat. We can drive this thing out as soon as we land.” Dave was looking back towards Kat.

“Alright.” Kat turns around and heads back out of the Stryker.

Katwa, India.:
Paul was staring up at the ceiling of his room and thinking about his family. Kat was on her way to them, along with the rest of the Golden Eagle squadron. He figures the assassin group was getting worried about them finding them. He wonders how the two Marshals that were with them, was going to handle what Kat wants to do to them. He knows Kat's actions were the right thing to do. They needed to make a statement and they also need to find Britney’s ex-parents as well.

Britney’s birth parents should have walked completely away from their daughter. She was no longer theirs anyway. He and Kat adopt Britney as their child. Just as they adopted Terri as their daughter.

He couldn’t sleep with his mind on his family. He gets up and walks outside. He was glad it was still dark out. Something didn’t feel right to him, as he turned around. He moves just in time as an assassin was about to strike him.

He brings his right fist up and punches the person straight in the face. He blocks a knife with his other hand.

“When are you clowns going to learn, not to attack me or my family?” As his fist smashes into the guys face.

Paul dodges and blocks attacks from the assassin. He waits for an opening and lands a hard right cross to the guy. The assassin drops like a rag doll after Paul’s fist hits him.

Sophia had heard the commotion and came out to see what was going on. She caught the last part of the fight. It reminded her of uncle Thomas. The man was known to lay his opponents out with just one punch.

“When will they ever learn?” Sophia walks over and searches the figure and finds pictures of Paul and his family. He also had a bag filled with rubies and gold coins with weird carvings on them.

Sophia puts them back into the bag “I wonder what these are?”

“Let me see.” Paul walk stands next to Sophia.

Sophia digs one of the coins out and hands it to him. She watches as he looks at it. She was curious about what it means.

Paul examines the coin and didn’t recognize it. It was made of gold and had some sort of design on it, he had never seen one before. He had heard rumors of these coins but never held one.

“Don’t know, but I might know someone who might. She funnels all sorts of money floating around in the underworld.” Paul was thinking about Mercedes.

If there was one person who would know about these coins, it would be her. She dealt strictly with money and lived in New York. He’ll have to speak to her when they get back.

up
170 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

As long as money flows

Samantha Heart's picture

They will not stop untill yhe target is dead, they are dead & the people who put the contract out are dead. So When "Puff" (nick name to spector gun ships) speaks he speas VERY LOUD. So yeah the C-130 might see some use other than a cargo plane. I think Kat has the right Idea kill them before they kill you.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

An assassin

only has to get lucky once.

The Same Is True

Of the bounty hunter group. I expect they will go several steps past a "scorched earth" policy. For starters. The only good assassin is a dead assassin, and all that. There are probably a few former NVA still alive that can attest to the effectiveness of the AC-130 in taking out targets "hiding" beneath the jungle foliage. I wonder what Kat can do with a C-17?

If they had the new AC-130J Ghostrider I doubt the bad guys could even hide underground, as they now have a 105 mm howitzer aka cannon mounted on the AC. Combine that with the amazing assortment of guns, missiles, and bombs that are part of the normal mission load and the panoply of sensors mounted and I hereby suggest a new motto for the newest iteration of the AC-130 gunship: "You can't run and you can't hide".


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Some real slow learners

Jamie Lee's picture

Those assassins must have the biggest egos on the planet.

Two sent for Tammy didn't return. And now the one Paul KO'd. Guess they all have to die before they see the error of their way. And all that money won't go with them.

Others have feelings too.