Project: Night Bird Chapter 8

Printer-friendly version

Katey and Jessica were sound asleep in bed when Katey’s cellphone starts ringing. She moans as she fumbles around on her nightstand for her cellphone. She finally finds it and pulls it down towards her.

“Hello?”

“Katey, we need for you and Jessica to get to the airfield as fast as you can. We have an emergency on our hands.”

Katey sits up in bed and shakes Jessica “okay, we're on our way.”

Jessica wakes up when she was shaken by Katey. She looks over towards Katey “why did you wake me up?”

“The airfield just called and we are needed down at the airfield as quickly as possible.” Katey was already getting out of bed and getting dressed.

Jessica follows as well. She wonders why the airfield would call them early in the morning. She looks at her cellphone and notices it was 0100 hrs.

Katey and Jessica leave the house and head towards the airfield. Katey has never seen the airfield all lit up like it was or the passenger planes on the tarmac. She pulls up to the security gate “Why are there passenger planes here at the airfield?”

“Flagstaff Airport and Flagstaff City were hit by an EMP attack. The city is dead and any planes heading towards the airport are being diverted to our airfield.” Sergeant Stinehill was told to hurry Katey through the gate.

“Damn! I wonder who pulled this attack off?”

“No one knows, but you better hurry over to Night Bird and get airborne.”

Katey goes through the gate and drives as fast as she can over to the hangar. She notices that the ground crew already has Night Bird out and ready to go.

“Your flight suits are over here, Katey and Jessica.” Chief Jerod had gotten them and brought them out to the hangar.

“Thanks. What the hell is going on?” Katey slips her tennis shoes off and her flight suit on. She also puts her combat boots on as well.

“Flagstaff was attacked and you're to provide protection until the army joins us. We already have our staff from here there and the mountain
complex has sent people as well.”

“Alright, we're on our way.” Katey gets into Night Bird, followed by Jessica.

They take off immediately and head towards Flagstaff. Both women were curious about who was responsible for blacking out Flagstaff and the airport as well. The radar in Night Bird was picking up all of Aero Flight Industries aircraft in the area. That included their ground vehicles as well.

“Man, I have never seen a city or airport so dark before.” Jessica was watching her monitor for any signs of trouble.

“I know what you mean. Who has the ability to build an EMP device that is capable of blacking out an entire city and airport?” Katey heard that
DARPA was working on missiles and artillery capable of delivering EMP devices to cities.

The thing was, where did this EMP come from and who set it off? As well for what reason? Katey challenges any aircraft that weren’t either military or from AFI. If they were law enforcement, they were directed to the US Marshal’s temporary headquarters set-up.

By sunrise, they had managed to get some of the systems working at the airport. They had to bring in generators to run the place. The back-ups they had weren’t working.

AFI brought in several trucks loaded down with huge generators to plug into the electrical system. Jessica covers up a yawn as they did another fly over the city and the airport.

“I could go for a fresh cup of coffee.” They have been flying for the past six hours.

“How’s our energy cells?” Katey was curious, because unlike the other helicopters in the air. They had to land to refuel. The energy cells they used, gave them a longer flight time. Jessica does a system check “we still have enough hydrogen fuel, left to stay in the air for another six
hours. That’s if we don’t use any of our weapons or stealth technology.”

Around 0800 hrs. “AFI flight tower, to Night Bird. AFI flight tower to Night Bird.”

“This is Night Bird flight tower, what’s up?”

“Come on home for a while, Night Bird. We have crews and support staff handling things.”

“Roger, flight tower. Night Bird is on his way home.” Katey sets the course for their airbase.

“Finally, I can get out and pee.” Jessica had to really pee.

By the time Night Bird touched down, Jessica opens the canopy and scrambles down out of the helicopter. She runs as fast as she could towards the restroom in the hangar. Katey shuts Night Birds systems down and climbs out.

“How did he do, Katey?” Curtis comes walking over towards Night Bird, with some fresh fuel cells for him.

“He did fine, Curtis.

“Good, we were a little worried, because he hasn’t been in the air as long as he was.”

“Speaking of which, did you guys find out who set off the EMP device and how they constructed it?”

“No and no. They found the truck it had been in, but it was so badly melted, that they couldn’t do anything with it. Mrs. Blake has her scientists
and engineers going over everything. The construction teams and electrical engineers are trying to get power back to the city.”

Katey just shakes her head. She turns to walk away “You and Jessica need to stay here at the base. Some cots have been set-up for you and Jessica in conference room 2B.”

“Alright, thanks.” Katey starts walking towards the main building for special projects.

Jessica catches up with Katey “Hey, one of the techs said they have a breakfast buffet set-up for everyone in the main break room.”

“Okay.” Katey follows Jessica to the break room.

They had a breakfast buffet set-up for everyone. Jessica and Katey grab a plate and a fresh cup of coffee. They walk over towards a table and sit down.

Earlier the Previous Day:
Lucy holds back the pain she was feeling as the spiked dildo dug into her artificial vagina. All the men that were at the hangar had used her before they shoved it up inside her and made her wear it. She was forced to work on a prototype EMP device that had been stolen from DARPA. They hadn’t managed to get it to work. She was told, to get it to work or tonight would be her last night.

It took her a while to figure out what was wrong with it and to make it work. Lucy finally got it to do what they wanted to do. It was a simple fix, but you had to dig around inside the unit to rearrange the arming circuits and connections. She had made a blueprint of the device because she knew Ted would want her to. She encrypted the blueprints, so she was the only one who could unlock it.

She’ll get her revenge on them when the timing is right. She looks at the device and wishes she hadn’t gotten it to work.

“Here’s your damn device. What are you going to do with it?”

“What do you think we are going to do with it? We’re going to test it out, bitch.” Ted backhands Lucy hard across the mouth.

She falls backward on her ass and screams when the barbs on the dildo push against her vaginal lining. She looks at Ted “I hope you blow yourself up!”

"I'll have to teach you some manners when I get back." An evil smiles appears on his face.

Lucy pales, because she knew what he was going to do to her. He has already made her ride the bar and shocked her. He enjoyed watching her shake from the electricity passing through her body.

He looks towards one of the other men standing around “put the bitch back in her cage for now.”

Ted walks out with the device and helps load it into the van they were using. Once it was loaded, he and another fellow named Simkin’s leave the hangar and head towards Flagstaff

up
170 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Rut-Ro Reggie!

Since we already know the device melts down when they use it, she can only hope Ted was in the van next to it. Otherwise Lucy is really in for it!


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

We can Only hope

Samantha Heart's picture

That Ted got burnt up in attack. And that Lucy can escape hand all her evidence over to the athorties & toell how she was forced to work for them. Otherwise she is dead.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Revenge best served cold

Jamie Lee's picture

A person like Lucy, who can fix such a device as an EMP device, is not a person to have angry at you. And because how they're treating her, they're going to be sorry they were born when she gets finished with them.

Others have feelings too.