Hatter’s South American Safari Chap. 3

Printer-friendly version

The Armory, Watertown, NY
Aylin admires herself in the mirror at the armory run by Hera. She has been outfitted with a new skintight bodysuit that looked like her old Mad Hatter outfit. The new top hat she was wearing had a blade that retracted into the brim of the hat and she could call it to her with electromagnetics in the palm of her hands. The strength of the magnets was so strong, she could scale a building with them.

“Me likes!” Aylin loved her new outfit.

“It’s as protective as your old suit, but lightweight and flexible. You can swim in it without any problems. However, you’re going to feel the kinetic energy from any bullets that hit you.” Hera watches Aylin as Anika stood nearby.

“I thought you fixed that problem?” Anika looks at Hera.

“I’m still looking for a special absorbing material that won’t bulk up the bodysuit.” Hera had a few leads on some material that she could use.

“As for you, young man. How does your suit feel?” Hera looks over towards Shade.

He was standing next to Aylin in his new bodysuit. The thing covered his whole body and was comfortable. It was as flexible as Aylin’s suit but protected him better than her suit.

“Your suit is based on a Russian design. I managed to get my hands on one of the prototypes and reengineered it. It will stop up to a .50 BMG round. However, you will feel it if you get hit with the .50 BMG round. Your helmet will protect you from poisonous gases and toxins. You also have a built-in radio, night vision, binoculars, and thermal imager.”

“Hey, no fair. I want all those.” Aylin looks at Hera and Shade.

Hera saw the pouting look on Aylin’s face. A sly smile appears on her face “you get an earbud that is both a transmitter and receiver. Also, you’ll be getting a bunch of new gadgets and weapons.”

“Oh! New toys and weapons.” Aylin expression changes very quickly.

Hera walks over to her workbench. There was a black case laying on it.

“I got in touch with Mr. Rachet and he sent this over for you, Aylin.” Hera hands the long black hard case to Aylin.

Aylin opens the case and inside was a black rifle. There were several clear magazines with different liquids in them. There was also a note inside as well.

Hatter,

This rifle acts just like your needler, except for one thing. Once you lock onto your opponent with the automatic sights. Every shot you take will hit the same target. Also, I have enclosed different types of rounds for your rifle, should you decide to eliminate your target.

“So, what did Mr. Rachet say, Aylin?” Anika was curious about what he wrote to her daughter.

“He was just informing me that I’ll hit whoever I aim at and that each magazine has different purposes.” Aylin picks one up and looks at it. The
liquid inside was clear, but she figures it was something else.

Hera brings out a few more gadgets, like grappling hooks, machete, and a sword for Shade. It had an edge that was done by a laser and a few other goodies as well. Shade also was issued the same Glock handguns he had been given before.

Just as they were about to leave “oh, I have one thing for you two. Aylin, your mother said that you and Shade like riding motorcycles. So, I have two motorcycles for you two. They are electric and extremely quiet. Terry said that Rhino can recharge them without any problems.”

Hera leads Aylin, Anika, and Shade to the vehicle bay where she had them stored. She walks over to two covered bikes and pulls the covers off.

“Here you go.” Hera shows off two black all-terrain motorcycles.

Aylin walks overs and caresses the motorcycle “so pretty.”

“What’s their top speed?” Shade looks at Hera.

“210 mph.”

“How far can we go, before we need to stop and recharge?”

“120 miles, before you run out of energy and thirty minutes with the quick charger Terry has in rhino. Otherwise, you’re looking at two-n-half
hours.”

“I want to try them out.” Aylin wanted to test drive her new motorcycles.

Hera walks over to the garage door and opens it. Once the doors are opened “try them out on the track.”

“Put your helmet on you two.” Anika watched as Aylin and Shade mounted their new motorcycles.

Aylin squeals out of the garage, followed by Shade. They head out onto the dirt test track and put the motorcycles through their paces. Aylin is hard with her motorcycle and does all sorts of tricks and stunts with it. Shade follows Aylin and does the same thing with his.

Hera just stands at the garage door, watching them with her one good eye. She still has some scars from the abuse her husband gave her. The other scars she has were covered up by the clothes she was wearing.

If Jack hadn’t intervened that night her alcoholic husband attacked her. She would be dead. Her husband beat her so badly in the face, that she lost her right eye and the doctors had to reconstruct that side of her face.

The fight had started when she came home from a long frustrating day at work. Her husband had been laid off from his job. His company was downsizing, and they no longer needed him along with several other people. Also, it didn’t help he had been caught drunk at work a few times either.

She had walked into their apartment tired and on edge from her boss being a royal asshole. Her husband was laying passed out on the sofa and the place looked like a wild boar had gone through and broken everything. When she started cleaning up, her husband woke-up and picked a fight with her.

He attacked her first and she fought back. She tried protecting her face, but she was no boxer and her husband had been. He punched her several times in the face and nearly put her through the window in the living room. She couldn’t see out of her eyes and her husband had her by the hair and was about to punch her one more time when his fist was grabbed from behind.

The last thing she saw, before she passed out was a big man dressed in a business suit. He took her husband and sent him flying against the other wall. She passed out afterward.

The next time she woke up, she was in the hospital. She didn’t know how long she had been out of it or which hospital she was in. She fell back to sleep and when she woke up a second time. Mr. Bounty was sitting by her bed and was surprised he was there. He had informed her that he was taking care of her hospital stay and was giving her as much vocation time she needed to recover. Also, he would arrange for a new apartment for her.

Once she had recovered Mr. Bounty offered her the job she was currently at, since she was a brilliant engineer. Since then, she has been doing special jobs and weapons for him and his agents. The thing was, she enjoyed her job.

Anika and Hera watch as Aylin and Shade test their new motorcycles out on the dirt track. Anika just shakes her head as Aylin jumps high in the air off a dirt hill. Shade follows behind her as the two lean into a turn and come skidding to a halt in front of Anika and Hera.

“Me likeee!” As Aylin removes her helmet.

“Double that for me.” Shade slides to a stop next to Aylin.

“I’m glad you like them. Now, you get to clean them up.” Hera wanted them clean before they were delivered to Terry.

“Yes ma’am.” Aylin and Shade take the motorcycles back outside to clean them.

up
168 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

New toys & some play time

Samantha Heart's picture

Looks like the electric Motorcycles meet with Hatterv& Shane's approval.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Surprises on the horizon

Jamie Lee's picture

There are some people who will be getting a surprise visit, or that's the plan. They may think they are the baddest people around, but they have yet to meet those who are going to drop in on them. Especially a young lady who will be the worst nightmare they've ever had.

Others have feelings too.