Hatter’s South American Safari Chap. 9

Printer-friendly version

Shade and Hatter were out front of Rhino as they moved down the route they were taking. Coyote had come out of nowhere and landed on top of Rhino. Hatter still wonders where he had disappeared too.

Shade watches as Hatter speed a little ahead of him. She’s been kind of quiet since they left the village this morning. He wonders what she was thinking.

Inside Rhino:
Terry was following behind Shade and Hatter. He had let Coyote in when he landed on top of Rhino. He noticed that Coyote hadn’t brought his motorcycle.

“No motorcycle today?” Terry glances towards Coyote for an answer.

“No.” Coyote had thought about using his motorcycle, but he wanted to be near the girl and watch over her.

Terry was detecting something flying towards them. He launches two of Rhino’s drones to intercept them. He engages the autopilot systems because he needed to guide the drones.

The image he was getting back from Rhino’s drones, showed that they were drones as well. Terry activates the weapon systems on the drones and fires at the other drones.

“Shade, Hatter be careful out there. We just had two drones checking us out.” Terry keeps watching the computer screen.

“Will do, Terry.” Shade watches as Hatter drops back to him.

She points towards a spot ahead of them. Shade looks in that direction and the hi-tech systems Terry installed in their helmets were picking up on several figures. He nods his head towards Hatter and pulls off into the forest on the side of the road.

They park their motorcycles and get off. Shade and Hatter move on foot towards the hidden figures. Shade has his custom sword pulled as the two of them move silently through the forest.

Hatter spots several men that were waiting for them on the side of the road. An evil smile appears on her face, as she palms her needler and shoots the men with it. They drop to the ground unconscious.

Shade spots several more and sneaks upon them. They were unaware that their other companions had been taken out. Shade tosses three silver disks at the group. The gas inside the disks erupts and knocks the other men out.

He waits a few minutes until the gas has dispersed before walking over to the unconscious men. He notices one of the men had the controls to the drone that had detected them. He backtraces and finds the Range Rover they had taken. Inside were several more drones.

“Terry, the men are unconscious, and I found their SUV.” Shade pops the hood on the Range rover and pulls his knife out and cut the ignition wires.

“Okay Shade. Is there anything we need to worry about?” Terry cautiously drives by their location.

“No, they are all unconscious and will be for the next few hours.” Shade walks over to the guy who had the remote to the drones.

He stomps on it several times. This way they couldn’t use the drones to follow them. He spots Hatter placing her cards on their body after she takes a black sharpie and draws faces on them.

“You are having too much fun, sweetie.”

Hatter looks up at Shade “I think they look better this way. Also, I want them to realize who they are messing with.”

Hatter stands up and looks at her handy work. She should neuter them, that way the message gets across to leave them alone.

“I wonder how they knew we were heading this way?” Shade was curious about that.

“There are only a few routes we could take. Since this route is the most direct. It would be easy to ambush us.” Terry had looked at all routes and the one they were on was the fastest.

“Do you think they have anything heavier they can send against us?” Shade picked up the three disk he tossed. They could be recharged with new gas.

“If they do, Rhino can handle it.” Terry had confidence in Rhino’s abilities.

Coyote just looks over towards Terry when he is talking to Shade over the radio. The spirits haven’t nudged him or bother him lately. He looks
at the girl they rescue as she slept. She was still going through withdraws, but she was looking better.

Terry noticed that Coyote was watching the young girl as she slept. Sister Maria had said that she would be sleeping a lot, as her body got back to normal. This was one of the times he wishes Elizabeth had come with them. Unfortunately, she was still recovering from the attack against her and she needed to be there for her wife as well.

By evening, Terry pulls into a small town. Hatter and Shade had checked it out and they found a place they could park for the night. Terry activates the camouflage system he built into the skin of Rhino, which allows him to blend in. It was the same system he had install on the Black Knight.

Shade and Hatter bring their motorcycles inside Rhino and plug them into the charging station. She looks at Terry “are we staying here, tonight?”

“Yes, so which shift do you want?” Terry knew Hatter only needed four hours of sleep.

Unless she was doing something with Shade, she normally mediated Hatter looks around before walking out of Rhino. She heads towards the small town they stopped in.

“I wonder what is bothering her?” Terry has never seen Hatter act like she is acting.

“I don’t know, but I’ll check it out.” Shade rushes after Hatter.

up
161 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Coyote THAT is Hatter's problem

Samantha Heart's picture

She just cann't figure things out with Coyote. He is a mystery to them.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Message wasn't clear enough?

Jamie Lee's picture

The message Hatter left should have made it clear to do not disturb. But it looks like it wasn't written clear enough. Maybe now those guys will understand to go away and stay away. Though it's possible even the most recent message won't be understood.

What has Hatter so restless? Is it her curiosity in Coyote or does she sense something else? Hopefully it's Coyote, because if it's more waiting for them, it's likely to get deadly.

Others have feelings too.