The Contractor's Daughter Part 14

Printer-friendly version

Waiting Room, Rappahannock General Hospital, Kilmarnock, VA.
Rose and Howard sat in the waiting room waiting to hear from the emergency room doctor. Lexi had been rushed immediately into surgery because of her injuries. She has been in surgery for half an hour so far.

“Rose, Howard, are you guys okay?” Rachel comes walking into the waiting room with her daughter Athena holding onto her arm.

Mrs. Hudgins had called Rachel and informed her about what happened to Lexi. Rachel told her she would join them as soon as possible. She had gotten her daughter Athena ready and drove towards the hospital.

“We’re fine. It’s Lexi we’re worried about.” Rose was worried that the paramedics might have been too late.

“Do you know what happened to her?” Rachel sits down next to Rose, with her daughter next to her.

“All we know is she was brutally attacked. We think it was Shawn.” The description they got from their neighbor matched Shawn’s build.

“Your ex-employee?” Rachel memorized everyone that was involved with the case.

“Yes, why would he do something like this, I don’t know.” Howard couldn’t figure out why he would come after Lexi.

Athena was listening to the conversation going on between her mother and the Hudgins. She figures that Shawn must have found out that her mother had found the evidence they needed to convict him.

“Could he have found out that the police are after him?” Athena looks towards her mother.

“That is possible.”

“You found the evidence?” Howard and Rose look at Rachel.

“Yes ma’am. I had an associate of mine deliver the evidence to the police so they could be arrested.” Rachel was going to inform Rose and Howard of what she was doing.

“That means, he must have found out the police was out looking for him.” Howard knew the police knew where Shawn lived. He has been arrested several times before.

“Which means, he is going to be on the run.” Rachel pulls her cellphone out and sends a text message to Azura.

Besides being an expert hacker. She was also a hunter and tracker. She was good at locating people. Once Rachel was done sending the text.
She looks at her daughter “do you want anything, sweetie?”

Athena turns to face her mother’s voice “can I have a soda, please?”

“Sure, sweetie.” Rachel gets up and heads towards the soda machine to get Athena a soda.

Rose wonders what happened to Athena as she looks at her. She needed some sort of a distraction to get her mind off Lexi. She watches as
Rachel brings her daughter a soda and hands it to her, after opening it.

“Here you go, sweetie.” Rachel places the bottle of soda in Athena’s hand.

“Thanks, mom.” Athena wraps her hands around the can.

“You’re welcome, sweetie.” Rachel lets go of the can once she feels her daughter has it.

A few more hours go by before the doctor comes out to the waiting room. He looks at the Hudgins “Mr. And Mrs. Hudgins, we managed to stop the bleeding and repair some of the damage done to Lexi’s groin. She’s still in critical condition, but I’m positive she’ll pull through without any major problems. However, she’ll never be able to have kids.”

“She was never meant to be a male doctor. Is there enough of her penis left and foreskin to construct her a vagina?”

“Unfortunately, no. That type of surgery will have to wait until she is feeling better. When she has healed enough, we can go ahead give her the
surgery to make gender fit how she is.” Dr. Austin knew the damage that Lexi received was going to make things complex when it came to
giving her a vagina. Right now, she’ll have to pee like a normal woman.

“Can we see her, doctor?” Rose and Howard wanted to see Lexi.

“She’s still unconscious, but you can see her.” Dr. Austin saw that there was another woman there as well with a teenage girl.

Rose looks at Rachel “you don’t mind waiting, do you?”

“Not at all. Go and see how Lexi is. I’ll be right here.” Rachel was happy that Lexi was going to pull through.

Rose and Howard follow a nurse to the room that Lexi was taken to. The two of them were worried about her and wanted to see how she was.

“I’m glad Lexi is going to be alright, mom.” Athena had sat quietly and listened to the conversation.

“Me too, Athena. Me too.” Rachel was happy that Lexi was going to pull through.

“Mom, do you think the police or Azura will find Shawn first?” Athena didn’t know much about Azura, except she worked for her mother.

“That is a good question, Athena. This isn’t a big city or somewhere, where Azura might have a lot of contacts. Shawn could be on his way to
Fredericksburg, Va. or Richmond right now.” Rachel knew Azura was good at tracking people, but this was the country, not the city.

Azura’s Hotel Room:
Azura had just stepped out of the bathroom when she hears her cellphone buzz letting her know she had a text message. She picks it up and looks at the message. She notices it was sent from Rachel’s phone. It was in shorthand, but she knew what Rachel wanted her to do.

“An investigator’s job is never done.” She tosses her cellphone onto the bed and starts getting dressed.

She has some ideas about where Shawn might be. While researching him, she came across a few places he likes to visit and people he might associate with. Once she is dressed, she hacks the missing child alert system and puts out an amber alert with his picture, his description, and the vehicle he owns. He wasn’t the brightest bulb in the shed. So, he wouldn’t change cars.

Once she was done with that, she grabbed her car keys and goes out to find him.

up
209 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Smart

Samantha Heart's picture

Sending out a fake Amber alert on Shaun's car..... he WON'T get FAR! Azura or the police WILL get him. Ohhhh breaking & entering, Arson 2nd degree SEVERAL counts sexual misconduct, sexual assult several counts, Second degree assault, armed Criminal action , assault with a deadly weapon, passion of illeagle explosives.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Something tells me

He is not going to come willingly.

Ruined his life?

Jamie Lee's picture

Shawn blames Lexi for ruining his life? He did that the moment he started drugging those girls and video taping what was done to them. Including Lexi.

He may have continued doing it for years, had he left Lexi alone. But he couldn't pass up an opportunity and went after Lexi. And that was his downfall, only he can't accept that truth.

Now he's wanted and has police and Azura hunting him. Hopefully the police find him before Azura. Because no telling how many times he bumps his head as he gets into her car.

Others have feelings too.

Shawn's not the type

To accept responsibility or blame. Pity the poor girl he might have married. He'd be screaming "You made me do this," as he beat the sh*t out of her. A fine candidate for retroactive abortion.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin