Burn Baby Burn

Printer-friendly version

Sasha wipes the sweat trailing down into her eyes as she workout. Her body was hurting because she has been slacking off on her workouts and now, she was paying for it. As she increases her pace on the treadmill. Her cellphone starts ringing all sudden. She looks at the number and notices it was her mother. She wonders what her mother wanted as she presses accept on her cellphone.

“What’s up mom?” Sasha slows down some, to talk with her mother.

“Where are you right now, Sasha?” Janet looks at the news as they talk about another building that has been set a blazed.

“In my gym, working out. Why? What’s going on?” Sasha wonders why her mother wanted to know where she was.

“Do you have a television set in your gym, sweetie?” Janet didn’t know if her daughter had one in her gym. It’s been a while since she has been over to Sasha’s place.

“Yes ma’am. Is there something you want me to look at?”

“Yes, turn to channel 25, please.” Janet keeps watching the news report.

“Okay.” Sasha turns the television on down in her gym and goes to channel 25.

She listens to the news report as the reporter talks about another medical clinic being set ablaze by an arsonist. Lately, there has been a series of buildings and medical clinics being set ablaze in Los Angeles and the surrounding areas.

“Is that one of yours or Aunt Janet’s clinics, mom?” Sasha knew her mother and her aunt had several hospitals and free clinics that they owned and operated.

“That clinic belongs to your aunt. A few days ago, a clinic that belonged to me was set ablaze. I want you to work with your cousin Darren to find out who is setting these places on fire and bring them in.” Janet didn’t like it when the places she and her sister set up to help people are targeted.

“Mom, Darren is a fire investigator. He doesn’t need my help. He knows what he is doing.” Sasha knew Darren was good at what he does.

“And you control fire. I want you to work with your cousin, Sasha. I’m not going to ask you again.” Janet hated being tough on her daughter, but sometimes she needed to.

“Yes ma’am. Does he know I am coming to his office?” Sasha knew Darren didn’t like it when she stuck her nose in his business.

“No, but that shouldn’t be a problem. Just try and get along with him, sweetie. I know there’s no love lost between the two of you.” Janet knew Sasha and Darren had never gotten along with each other.

When they were little, Sasha would pull tricks on Darren and he would retaliate with some dirty trick of his own. Those two were like cats and
dogs when they were around each other. Darren was also a fourth-generation firefighter, like his father, grandfather, and great grandfather before him.

“I’ll try to play nice with him mom, but if he mentions what happened while we were little. I’m going to hit him with one of my trick balls.” Sasha remembered the dirty trick he pulled with a bucket of honey.

“That’s all I can ask of you, sweetie. Call me back when you find out anything.”

“I will mom.” Sasha ends the phone call with her mother.

Sasha finishes her workout and heads upstairs to her and Susan’s bedroom. She strips out of her exercise leotard and steps into the shower. She and Darren didn’t like each other that much. He thought she was a showoff and she thought he was full of himself, all because he was born into the family and all his relatives on his father's side of the family were firefighters. Where she was adopted and followed what her mother did.

Her father was his uncle, and he was born on her father’s side of the family. She got along better with her cousins and relatives on her mother's side than she did on her father's side. She washes her hair and blow-dries it afterward. She just recently had it cut and styled to be a little shorter than she normally kept it.

Instead of dressing up in something fancy, she wears a pair of dress pants and a nice blouse. Normally, she would wear her outfit underneath her clothes, but today she wasn’t. She wonders why someone was going after medical clinics and warehouses. It doesn’t make any sense to her.

Sasha leaves a note for her wife, before walking out to the garage. She looks over towards her corvette and thinks about driving it. It was the one her mother uses to own and the same one she used on some of her assignments. She decides that she’ll take her jeep wrangler instead.

She recently had it upgraded so she could remote start it with her cellphone. Her cousin Samantha did the upgrades for her. As she gets into her jeep, she wonders how the investigation is going in Texas with that drug that can turn males into females.

Her cousin had been a victim of it. It had turned him from a male to a female with a body that put all the women in her family to shame. He’ll tits was bigger than her daughter’s Bunni’s and Gracie’s. His new figure was better than hers and her mother's.

He wasn’t the only victim of the drug either that she knew. Robyn’s friend Chloe had been turned into the fictional character Daisy from Agents of Shield. Chloe was the spitting image of the character. And it didn’t stop there either. According to some of the reports she has been hearing on the underground grapevine. A lot of homeless men and some women have been disappearing.

Her daughter Robyn has been helping SWAT lately to stop some of these homeless people who have been turned into a female from being sold as slaves or trafficked as sex slaves. Her daughter Robyn has been seriously considering giving up her special agent badge and becoming a cop. She’s been doing a lot of work with SWAT lately and has been enjoying it. She and her high school boyfriend have separated.
It was mostly over the fact that she wants to become a cop and still perform, while he was planning on going to college and joining the military.

The thing is though, she is still sixteen years old and has five more years before she reaches twenty-one years old. Which is what you need to be to become an LAPD police officer. According to her aunt, Robyn can still work with SWAT, as a special agent until she turns twenty-one.

Sasha listens to some music as she drives towards the office building her cousin works out of. Hopefully, he’ll be there. If not, she’ll have to track him down.

After thirty minutes of driving Sasha arrives at the building her cousin worked out of. She parks her jeep and head inside the building. She stops at the marque to see which floor her cousin worked on and spot it. His office was located on the sixth floor.

She takes the elevator up to the sixth floor and starts walking down the hallway. She could have gotten either left or right and she chose right because the official numbers seem to be going higher that way. She stops when she comes to the office her cousin was working out of.

Sasha knocks on the door before entering it.

Darren was going over the report he had in front of him on his desk. He couldn’t believe how many buildings had been set ablaze. He knew
some of the buildings belonged to his aunt Janet’s family. He knew that his aunt will more than likely assign some of her people to investigate what started the fire and wonder who they would send.

As he continues to look over the crime scene photos, he hears someone knocking on his office door. He looks up and over towards the door “enter.”

Sasha opens the door and walks into the office. She spots her cousin wearing his white uniform sitting behind his desk. There were files stacked upon each corner of his desk.

Darren watches as the door opens and to his amazement. He spots his cousin Sasha Wolfhart walking into his office.

“I should have known aunt Janet would send you.” He and Sasha didn’t get along that well. They were like oil and vinegar.

“Hello to you as well.” Sasha just looks at her cousin. He was the only one of her cousins that suffered from early hair loss.

He lost his hair when he turned twenty-five years old. He also had burns going across his back from where a burning support beam pinned him to the floor. He was fighting a fire in a warehouse when the beam fell on him.

“Let me guess, your mom and aunt sent you to see what I have uncovered so far?” Darren sits back in his office chair.

“Something like that. It’s more of, they want me to help you.” Sasha smiles at her cousin.

“I don’t need your help, Sasha. You’re not a qualified fire investigator, I am. So, you can go back and tell Aunt Janet I don’t need your help.”
Darren hated when amateurs stuck their nose into the official fire business.

“You know, you haven’t changed at all over these years, except become nastier. I’ve worked cases that would have made your head spin. On top of that, don’t forget I have helped the fire service and the ranger service when we had that big blaze. Some of your fellow firefighters got surrounded and trapped by that blaze. So, don’t tell me you don’t need my help.” Sasha had been asked to help, because of her ability to control fire.

“Let me guess if I try to keep you out. You’ll still stick your nose in.” Darren knew his cousin well.

“You bet I will and there isn’t anything you can do to stop it, either. So, why not work together to find this arsonist?” Sasha looks directly into her cousin’s eyes.

“Fine! Since you want to be a royal pain in the ass.” Darren stands up from behind his desk.

“That’s what I get paid to do. Now, let’s go and find out how these fires are being set.” Sasha wanted to find out who was destroying property and why.

Darren grabs the keys to his squad car and escorts Sasha out of his office. The two of them walk downstairs to his issued SUV. He looks at Sasha “why don’t you follow me in your car. You’re not part of the fire department.”

“Fine.” Sasha slips a tracker onto her cousin’s SUV before she leaves.

Darren watches as Sasha walks off towards a black Jeep. He can’t believe she still had that thing. He knew she got it as a sweet sixteen birthday present from her mother.

He gets into his issued fire company SUV and drives to the latest fire site. He spots Sasha following him. He should have known, that his aunt would have sent her to investigate into their clinics being set on fire.

Darren leads the way to the site. The drive there wasn’t that bad and the neighborhood was middle class. He pulls into a parking lot of the building they were checking out.

Sasha could see the damage done to the building. She parks next to Darren’s SUV. She opens her door and starts getting out.

“Grab a flashlight, if you have one.” Darren had one in his hand.

Sasha grabs a flashlight from her utility box and follows her cousin to the front door of the building. She saw the damage that was done to the place when she walks inside the place.

“Watch where you step.” Darren walks in first.

“Gotha.”

Sasha follows her cousin through the building. She could tell her cousin was following the burn trail. She could see the pattern he was following. She noticed her cousin was intense as he followed the burn pattern.

“Here’s where it started.” Darren stops at the location and kneels to examine some black dust.

“What is that residue?” Sasha wasn’t very good when it comes to chemistry.

She knew how to use the chemicals to make her specialized bombs and pellets, thanks to her mother’s recipe. She kneels beside Darren as she watches him rub the chemical residue between his gloved fingers.

“It’s magnesium residue. Whoever set this, used magnesium to start the fire.”

“And magnesium is easy to come by too.” Sasha knew it was used in road flares and other products as well.

“Yep, it is.” Darren looks at Sasha as he stands up.

“Have you gone to the other sites already?” Sasha wonders if the person responsible used the same technique at the other locations as well.

“No, not yet.” Darren uses the camera on his cellphone to take pictures of the site.

Sasha does the same thing and looks around outside for security cameras. She spots a few that points towards their location. Also, the alleyways as well.

“Did anyone request the footage from those cameras?” Sasha looks at Darren when she asked that question.

“Not yet.” Darren looks in the direction Sasha had pointed to.

“I’m going to go and see about getting the footage.”

“They might not give it to you.” Darren knew some store owners could be a pain about getting security footage from them.

“I can be very persuasive when I want to be.” A smile appears on Sasha’s face.

“Break a leg, just don’t take too long. I have more sites to go to.”

“Just wait for me.” Sasha heads towards the places she spotted the security cameras.

The first person gave her the footage she wanted after she showed her special agent badge. In the second place, the person was being an ass hole, until she threatens to shut them down. She knew a few health inspectors that owed her favors. In the other two places, the security cameras worked at one, but the second one was an old VHS recorder. She makes a copy of the video to her cellphone and sends it to a friend of hers to clean up.

Sasha heads back to the first site and spots her cousin waiting on her. She noticed he wasn’t happily waiting for her.

“Did you get what you wanted?” Darren watches as Sasha comes walking towards him.

“Yes, I’ll share what I got with you after I look over the footage.” Sasha wanted to look over the footage first.

“Let’s go and check out the other sites.” Darren had the samples he needed to give to the lab.

He gets into his SUV and drives to the next site. When they arrive and start looking around, they find the same residue as the first site.

“This firebug loves using magnesium as a starter.” Darren has never seen anyone using magnesium as a starter before.

“Why is my question and why go after medical clinics?” Sasha looks around the place. She checks the back door and noticed they had a push-button-style locking system.

Sasha figures he must have had the entry code to get in. She figures that he was either an employee or watched them as they entered.

“Find something?” Darren had watched as Sasha walked around investigating the place.

“I’m trying to figure out, how the person got in. If I was him or her. I would watch the employees as they enter and exit through this door and get
their code.” Sasha didn’t spot anything that would have indicated that a tool had been used to break in.

“That is one way of getting in.” Darren knew Sasha was good at breaking into places.

She uses to do it all the time when they were younger. She always took the easy way into places.

“True.” Sasha wanted to take a look at the footage to see she could spot the person.

The two of them walk out to their vehicles to leave. Sasha looks at Darren, before getting into her Jeep.

“Are you going out tomorrow to investigate any more sites, Darren?”

“There are two more sites I want to check out tomorrow. Give me a call before leaving your place.”

“I will and thanks for letting me come along on these.” Sasha knew Darren didn’t have to, but she was glad he did.

“What choice did I have? You would have come anyway.” Darren gets into his SUV and drives off.

“Sometimes, he can be nice and other times he is a prick.” Sasha climbs into the jeep and starts it up.

Instead of heading home, Sasha drives around the place looking for homeless people and such. There is always someone around, that people don’t notice. She spots a person in a nearby alleyway. She parks her jeep and gets out. She walks down the alleyway towards the person she spotted.

“Excuse me, do you have a minute?” Sasha looked at the huge overweight guy laying against the building wall.

From the way he looked, it looked like he has been living on the street for a while. He had a dirty white beard and a bottle in a dirty-looking brown bag.

“What do you want, lady?” Chuck looks at the red hair woman standing before him. He could smell her perfume as she stood nearby.

“I was wondering if you saw who might have started the fires over at the medical warehouse, the other night.” Sasha watches the homeless guy and wonders what has caused him to live on the streets.

“What’s in it for me, if I did?” Chuck figures this woman has money or something to offer.

“How about I give you a fifty for the information?” Sasha pulls out a fresh fifty-dollar bill from her pants pocket.

Chuck looks at the red hair and the fifty-dollar bill she was holding. He licks his lips as he thinks about the bottles of booze he can buy with the money.

“The guy was wearing a dark hoodie, but I saw his face. He was completely bald and looked sinister. He was taller than you by at least a foot or more. He was carrying a black gym bag, but ditched it in a dumpster as he ran down the alleyway.”

“Do you remember him wearing gloves or not?” Sasha had turned her cellphone on to record their conversation.

“His hands were covered. He had some sort of remote with him.” Chuck was sure he had some small device in his hands.

“Thanks. By the way, what is your name?” Sasha wanted to know before she hands him the money.

“I’m called Chuck.”

“Well, Chuck. Here’s the fifty I promised you.” Sasha hands the fifty-dollar bill over to Chuck.

Chuck accepts the fifty-dollar bill. He tucks the ball away and takes another sip from the bottle.

“Have a good night, Chuck.” Sasha walks back towards her jeep.

She gets in and drives towards her apartment. She still uses it every once in a while, even though she has given the place over to her daughter Robyn and her protégé Emily. She pulls into the parking area after driving for the past hour.

She parks her Jeep in her assigned parking space and gets out. She knew Emily normally drove her Bronco and robin drove her motorcycle. She glances at her wrist watched and notices it was quarter to four. She takes the private elevator up to her apartment and steps inside the place.

The place looked like no one has been in the place for a while. She walks over to her desk and logs onto her computer. She plugs her thumb drive into the computer and starts going through all the footage. She brings up the facial recognition program she uses and inputs the information she learned into the search pattern and hit enter.

While the computer does its job, she gets up and grabs a fruit juice from the refrigerator. She would like to know why this fellow is setting fire to medical clinics and warehouses? She sits back down at her computer and listens to her notes. The person loved using magnesium to start the fire.

Sasha turns on the news and watches what the weather is going to be like for the next few days. She might have to stake out the next target where this arsonist might strike. She knows there are clinics near the ones he targeted already. She could challenge this person by forcing his hand by calling him out on television.

She’ll try to locate the person first, before playing that card. While she waits for the facial recognition program to search through different databases. She looks over the other security footage. She spots the guy several times, but there weren’t enough scenes to identify his face.

She leans back in her computer chair and wishes she had the resources at the mountain complex to help her. She could send what she has to her aunt and let them run the footage. Just as she was about to send the footage, the computer beeps and brings up information about the person.

Name Casey Knock, Occupation: Retired Fire Fighter, Butte County Fire Department, Ca.
Address: 4551 Plume Street, Butte County, Ca., Age: 45, Hair: Bald, Eye Color: Hazel, Height: 6 Foot 2 Inches, Weight:225lbs. Scars: Burns on three-quarters of the back, right arm burn scars, left leg burn scars.

“Gottcha!” Sasha continues to read his file.

As she continues to read, she notices the reason he is going after the medical clinics and warehouses. He’s blaming them for not saving his family’s life. The house he and his wife were living in had caught fire and the nearest fire department to them was miles away. By the time the paramedics got to his wife and daughter, they were in critical condition.

The two of them were taken to one of her aunt’s hospitals for treatment, but because their injuries were so severe. There was nothing her aunt’s people could do for them. They ended up dying on the operating table.

He had received severe burns trying to rescue them. It took six months of rehab to recover from his injuries.

“Damn! How do you come back from that?” Sasha sits there at her computer wondering about that.

She runs the name of the hospital that handles his family’s emergency and finds out it is one of the hospitals her mother and aunt donate to.
They did have a fire in one of the wings, but no one was hurt. She pulls her cellphone out and dials her cousin Darren.

Darren had gone back to his office and was processing the evidence he had collected at the various fire sites. He had to admit it wasn’t bad working with his cousin Sasha. She didn’t bug him or ask him a lot of dumb questions. He looks at the time and notices it was starting to get late. He puts all the evidence away and walks down to his SUV. As he is walking towards the SUV, his cellphone starts ringing. He looks at the caller Id and notices it was his cousin Sasha. He presses accept “what’s up Sasha?”

Just as he answers his cellphone, his SUV explodes. Darren goes flying backward off his feet. He lands a good eleven feet away from his SUV, which is on fire.

“Darren! What was that explosion?” Sasha heard an explosion in the background when her cousin answered his cellphone.

Darren was a little shocked as he sits up. The explosive force from the explosion that went off, shocked him. He watches as his SUV burns. He hears Sasha’s voice coming from his cellphone which was lying nearby. The screen of it had been damaged.

He picks it up “I’m okay, Sasha. I can’t say the same for my SUV.”

Darren watches as it burns in the parking lot. He was lucky that there weren’t any other vehicles parked near it.

“Damn! I know who is setting these fires and now he is coming after you.” Sasha couldn’t believe Mr. Knock would do what she just heard.

“Who is it, Sasha?” Darren pulls his notepad out and gets ready to write the name down.

“It can wait. Are you okay?” Sasha was worried about her cousin.

“I’m fine, just some bumps and bruising is all.” Darren stands up and dusts himself off. He could hear screens coming his way.

“The person setting these fires is named Casey Knock and he is a former firefighter. He was forced to retire because of the injuries he received while trying to rescue his family from their home. He’s out for revenge because the hospital that treated him and his family couldn’t save his family, but they did manage to save him. He blames the hospital and the owners of it.”

“Let me guess, Aunt Janet and your mother are owners of it?” Darren was starting to see the picture now.

“No, they donated to it. However, one of the wings of the hospital was damaged by an unexplained fire.” Sasha had the article up in front of her.

“How did you find this out?” Darren was curious.

“I did some searching around and talked to a homeless person. He gave me a description of Mr. Knock and I ran it through the security footage I had and bingo. One of the cameras picked him up coming out of one of the medical warehouses, seconds before it caught fire.”

“Good job. Do you have an address for Mr. Knock?” Darren wanted this bastard.

“Yeah, I do. I’ll come and get you.”

“Alright, I’ll be waiting.” Darren ends the phone call.

Sasha listens as her cousin ends the call. She heads towards her bedroom and touches a hidden switch to open the hidden compartment where her bodysuit was stored. It wasn’t one of her newer ones, but an older one that she has worn before.

She changes out of the clothes she had on into her skintight bodysuit. It felt a little snug on her as she manages to get it on.

“God, I have to exercise more.” As Sasha looks at her reflection in the mirror. She couldn’t believe how much her figure has changed since letting her daughter handle more of the assignments her mother uses to give to her.

She puts her utility belt on and adjusts it. It felt a little bit more snug than usual. She puts on the specialized boots and activates the blending technology in the suit. It wasn’t as advanced or as sophisticated as the one in her daughter’s outfit. But changes the bodysuit to look more normal, so she didn’t stick out in a crowd.

She links her cellphone with the suits systems and puts her tiny earwig into her ear. She enters her security code.

“Linking with Blake’s secure communication systems.”

Mountain Complex Communication System:
Alice was on duty when a light on her console starts blinking. It was alerting her to the connection that was just established. She runs the identity through the computer system and it shows the connection belongs to Sasha Wolfhart.

“What case are you working on, Sasha?” Alice didn’t know Sasha was working on any active cases right now.

“Fire investigation of my mother’s and aunt’s clinics. Which operator are you?” Sasha was puzzled about who was talking to her.

“What? Has it been that long that you don’t recognize my voice, Sasha?” Alice remotely turns on the camera on Sasha’s cellphone.

She notices Sasha was standing in her apartment bedroom. She recognizes the image from the million times Sasha has done a system check with her.

“Alice?” Sasha had to think about the voice. It’s been a while since she has been an active agent.

“Yes, it’s me strawberry top. So, who are we hunting down tonight?” Alice likes teasing Sasha about her red hair.

“Casey Knock. He’s a former firefighter and now he is setting fires, instead of putting them out.” Sasha grabs her Browning Hi-Power and puts it in its holster.

“Man, talk about a reversal. Do you want your Corvette or are you taking your jeep?” Alice brings up the systems for the Corvette.

“Send me my Vette.” Sasha figures she might need the extra backup.

“On its way.” Alice activates Sasha’s Corvette by remote and guides it to her.

Sasha takes the elevator down to the parking lot. She waits about ten minutes and her Corvette comes pulling up to her.

“Thanks, Alice.” As Sasha gets inside the Vette.

“Any time, Sasha. Good hunting.”

Sasha drives to where Darren was waiting for her. She spots him talking to a fire captain as she pulls up to him. She rolls the passenger window down “come on. Let’s go and get this asshole.” Darren noticed Sasha was in her mother’s old Corvette. He knew this thing has been modified heavily.

He sits down on the passenger seat and loves how it felt. The car smelled like it just rolled off the assembly line where it was constructed.

“Man, I don’t know why you drive your Jeep all the time. I would rather drive this car.”

“Fuel. The fuel uses cost more than your standard high octane does.” Sasha makes sure Darren is secured before driving off.

“So, doesn’t this thing get like sixty miles to the gallon?” Darren knew this car was designed by his aunt Janet for her twin sister.

“Yes, but the special fuel it uses isn’t generally available to the public. Even its electric motor isn’t available yet.” Sasha knew her aunt kept a close eye on this car. Because automakers would either kill to learn its secrets or destroy it, no one else will learn its secret.

4551 Plume Street, Butte County, Ca.
Sasha pulls up to a two-story house and parks. She looks at her cousin “well, the place doesn’t look too bad.”

Darren looks at the place. It was a nice house located in a quiet neighborhood. It was hard to believe that the place had once been on fire.

“Well, let’s go and see if he is home.” Sasha gets out of the car.

Darren gets out and notices Sasha had her gun with her. He looks at her “planning on shooting someone?”

“Only if they deserve it.” Sasha walks towards the house.

Darren follows behind Sasha as they approach the house. He stops when she stops “what’s wrong?”

“Look.” Sasha points towards one of the windows. She spotted a wire hanging down.

Darren looks where Sasha is pointing and notices the wire.

“So, what? It could be a robe for the curtains.”

“That’s not a rope for a curtain.” Sasha noticed it was a cable.

She looks up at the second-story window and notices it was clean. She steps back and gets a running start and runs towards the house. She climbs up one of the support beams and onto the roof.

Sasha checks the window before attempting to open it. She uses one of her throwing knives to slide the window lock open and open the window. A strange smell was in the air, but she couldn’t identify what the smell was. She looks down towards Darren “wait outside until I check everything out.”

“Alright, be careful.” Darren knew Sasha was better suited for snooping around inside.

Sasha makes her way downstairs towards the front door. As she gets closer to the front door, she spots movement. She could also tell that the smell she was smelling was getting stronger as well. She moves quietly and spots Casey Knock, pouring something onto the carpet.

She takes the throwing knife in her hand and throws it into the back of Casey Knock. She had aimed for his shoulder and buried the knife into his shoulder joint.

“Now, Mr. Knock why don’t you put down whatever you have in your hands?” Sasha had another throwing knife in her hands.

“Now why would I do that, Mrs. Wolfhart?” Casey turns around to Sasha. He had been watching her working with arsonist investigator Darren Wolfhart. He had a remote in his hand hidden from her.

“So, you know my name.” Sasha moves carefully towards Casey.

“Who would have thought you were related to Inspector Darren Wolfhart.” Casey looks at the red-haired woman wearing a skintight black bodysuit.

“Well, it is a small world, after all. Now, why don’t you come quietly with me and we can talk about this.” Sasha kept watching Casey’s hoping he isn’t going to be stupid.

“I have a better idea.” As he presses the button on the remote in his hand.

There is a small explosion that knocks Sasha off her feet. Pieces of Casey’s body splatter onto the front of her body. The explosion causes whatever liquid that had been poured and soaked into the carpet to catch fire. The whole house was blazed as Sasha tries to clear her head.

Darren had been watching and waiting for Sasha to come and let him inside the building. He started getting worried when she didn’t open the front door after a few minutes. As he walked towards the house, he is blown backward from an explosion and watches as the house erupts into a blazing inferno.

He slowly stands up as he pulls his cellphone out and dials 911.

“911, what is your emergency?”

“I need a fire truck and paramedics sent to 4551 Plume Street, NOW!” Darren could feel the heat coming from the fire.

Whatever the accelerate was that this fire was feeding off. Was causing the fire to burn extremely fast and hot. He watched as the whole house burned.

“Fire trucks are on their way, sir.”

Darren tries to get close to the house, but it was burning like a funeral pyre. He was worried about Sasha and knew if anything happened to her. The family wouldn’t approve of it.

Inside the House:
Sasha slowly starts coming around and finds herself surrounded by a blazing inferno. She could feel the heat from the flames surrounding her. She couldn’t believe Casey Knock blew himself up and set the house on fire.

She starts coughing as the articles of furniture start burning. She looks over towards the front door and notices it was braced and heavily locked.

“Shit!” Sasha manages to force herself to stand up.

Even with all her explosive golf balls, they wouldn’t be enough to blast through the door. She could feel the heat from the flames as the house turned into an oven. It’s been a long time since she has used her ability to control a roaring blaze like this.

She draws the flames to her and form them into the iconic fire bird she always uses in wildfire performances. She watches as the flames form around her and into the bird. She draws all the flames towards her and then directs them towards the front door. She uses it like a flame thrower and burns through the reinforced door.

Darren watches as several fire trucks and ambulances come racing towards his location. He directs them and helps them get the hoses ready.

“What the hell is going on?” One of the firefighters watches as a giant bird made from fire bursts through the roof of the house and spreads its wings.

The next thing after that is the front door of the house disappearing as a jet of flames shoots out of it. They watch as a woman with flaming red hair comes walking out of the house. Flames were surrounding her body and dancing on the skintight bodysuit that had turned from black to white.

Darren has never seen Sasha use her ability before. He was shocked to see her walking out of that blazing house and surrounded by flames. He knew her suit had been black, but now it was white with flames dancing on it.

“How are you still alive?” Darren couldn’t believe what he was seeing.

“Remember, I control fire.” Sasha makes the flames that surround her go out.

She turns and makes the burning inferno behind her, dies out as well. The fire was her element to control. She knew that no matter how much water the firefighters used, they wouldn’t be able to put it out. She enhanced it too much.

“What happened inside?” Darren was concerned about Sasha.

“Mr. Knock decided to take his own life, instead of going to jail.”

“You didn’t kill him?” Darren looks at Sasha.

“No, he set off an explosion that killed him and set the house ablaze.” Sasha was thankful the flames that surrounded her burned what pieces of Knock had covered her, off her body.

“I’m just glad you’re unharmed.”

“Me too.” Sasha was glad she didn’t die in there.

up
153 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Controls Fire

BarbieLee's picture

Well we had two antagonist matched up against one another. Mr. Knock started fires the old fashion way, accelerate and matches. And Sasha who controlled fires. Nothing old fashion in what she did. Despite being a story of a person who had mentally gone over the edge, it was a cute story. Everything turned out alright and only the villain was disposed of.
Hugs LadyDragon
Barb
When we finally understand everything we realize we know nothing.

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl

Fire Control

Samantha Heart's picture

Its a good thing Sasha can control fire like she does. As she would have died in that fire if she didn’t. I love reading about Sasha Wolfhart & the things she gets upto.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.