Desert Rose Part 15

Printer-friendly version

The next few days Branston and Alejandra kept track of Trooper Cuthbertson and Trooper Heyde. They were finding out where they liked to park to trap speeders and when they break for meals and such. They also learned where both troopers lived as well.

When they weren’t tracking and tailing trooper Cuthbertson and trooper Heyde. Detective Branston works with Alejandra on her dune buggy. He was impressed that she was able to put it together under her uncle’s nose.

He looks over at Alejandra “how did you manage to collect all the parts you needed to restore this dune buggy?”

“Easy, my uncle has a big junkyard and most of the time he ignored me. So, during those times I would look for parts I needed to put the dune buggy back to together. If I had any questions or needed advice about something. I played the dumb girl card and the mechanics would help me out.” Alejandra hated acting stupid to get what she wanted. She knew there were times you had to play to the prejudice or ignorance
people have about girls and cars.

“Your uncle should have paid more attention to you. Most people aren’t as lucky you were.”

“If I had the type of figure he loved, he would be fucking me as much as possible. He has a sex problem and I think he has some sort of sexually transmitted disease.” Alejandra felt sorry for some of the girls that were forced to have sex with her uncle. They might have whatever disease her uncle has now.

“Is there anything wrong with the dune buggy?”

“Nope, he’s ready to play with the troopers.” Alejandra was ready to give those troopers hell.

She added a NOS system to the buggy’s fuel system for extra speed. She was going to need it on the open highway because the troopers patrol cars had more powerful engines in them.

Alejandra looks up “I’m as ready as I can be. When do you want to do this?”

Detective Branston looks at his wristwatch. He still prefers wearing the old style of watches, instead of the new digital style.

“We’ll head out around eleven tonight. We know where they will be and if nothing else, you can be the bait to lure them where we want them to be. “

“Oh, great. That will be fun.” Alejandra already knew she was the bait. That was the only way the plan was going to work.

Alejandra and Detective Branston heads inside his house and grab some lunch. Branston makes BLT sandwiches for everyone for lunch.
Afterward, Detective Branston heads to his office to talk to the Sheriff at Crystal Springs. He had a lead on the four men that were involved with the young woman’s abandonment.

Sheriff’s Office, Crystal Springs, Nevada:
Sheriff Markus had gotten word that four gentlemen at the Crystal Palace had taken an interest in Ms. Belka Karlen. He also received word from Isa that Belka’s birth mother had shown up. As he is sitting there going over the information Isa and her people provided to him. His office phone starts ringing.

He picks it up “Sheriff Markus, Crystal Spring Sheriff’s department. How can I help you?”

“Sheriff Markus, its Detective Branston, have you come across any information concerning Ms. Karlen?”

“I have. The men responsible for kidnapping Belka Karlen are in town looking for her. I was about to round them up?” Sheriff Markus and a few
of his men were about to arrest the men responsible for almost killing Belka.

“Alright, I have a lead on two state troopers responsible for covering up the accident Ms. Karlen's friends had.” Detective Branston couldn’t believe how two lawmen could be so corrupt.

“Good hunting.” Sheriff Markus was going to need extra help apprehending the four men he was after.

“You too.” Detective Branston ends the call.

He goes and checks on Alejandra to see what she was up too. He finds her in her bedroom sound asleep. He just stands there and feels sorry for her. He’ll have to come up with a way to make it legal for her to stay in the States.

He slowly shuts her bedroom door. He heads back to his office to look at the place they planned on ambushing the troopers tonight. All Alejandra must do, is get them to follow her and chase her to the spot. He’ll be waiting to take them in. He’ll be recording them with a camera. She’ll have to let them at least manhandle her, so the evidence will stand up in court.

Later in the Evening:
Alejandra speeds down the highway where trooper Cuthbertson was sitting. She smiles as she stops in front of him and tosses a water balloon filled with paint. She waves afterward and speeds off. She monitors the radio to see if Cuthbertson was going to contact trooper Heyde.

Trooper Cuthbertson was sitting at his normal spot waiting for someone to come speeding by him. He spotted a set of lights coming towards him and watched as it stopped in front of him. He noticed that it was Francisco’s niece in some sort of dune buggy. He watched as she reached down and throw something at him. His front windshield was covered by water down paint.

She waves at him as she takes off down the highway. After a few minutes, Alejandra hears Trooper Cuthbertson calling for Trooper Heyde and letting him know he spotted Alejandra and they were heading his way.

“Come on boys, let's play follow the leader.” Alejandra steps on the gas pedal.

She wasn’t too far from where the ambush was scheduled to take place. She listens as Trooper Cuthbertson and Trooper Heyde
communicated over cellphones. The equipment she had was able to pick up cellular signals.

After a while, she spots Trooper Heyde coming towards her. The dumb bastard had his lights going, just like Trooper Cuthbertson. She notices Trooper Cuthbertson catching up to her. She turns her NOS system on and presses a button.

This was the first time she has used the system and was surprised by the boost of speed she got. She pulled ahead of Trooper Cuthbertson and smiled. She was loving the boost of speed.

Trooper Cuthbertson couldn’t believe how fast Alejandra was going. Just as he thought he was going to get her; she pulls ahead of him. He increases his speed to catch her.

“Come on boys, let's have some fun.” Alejandra turns off the highway and onto the place she and Branston had chosen.

She watches as they chase her into the desert. She increases her speed and takes the ground like it was nothing. Her dune buggy handles the terrain like it was born to do.

She glances back behind her and spotted both Troopers behind her. She speeds around them, teasing them.

“Now, let's see how well you guys drive.” Alejandra places a game of tag with them.

Trooper Heyde crashes into a boulder he failed to avoid. The airbag in his patrol car goes off. He climbs out of his patrol car and starts shooting at Alejandra.

Detective Branston was nearby all set-up with a camera outfitted to recorded in the dark. He was getting everything as Alejandra played and toyed with Troopers. He watches as she avoids getting hit from Trooper Heyde’s gun.

Trooper Cuthbertson couldn’t believe how Alejandra took out his partner. He keeps chasing after her. He was having a hard time controlling his patrol car. He didn’t use the rough terrain.

The next thing he knows the ground gives out from under the front of his patrol car. He goes nose-first into a ditch.

Alejandra turns around and points the front of her dune buggy towards Troopers Cuthbertson’s patrol car. She watches as he tries to get out of his patrol car.

“What’s wrong, can’t get out of your car?” Alejandra had a smile on her face.

Trooper Heyde aimed at Alejandra and just as he was about to pull the trigger.

“I wouldn’t, Heyde.” Detective Branston managed to sneak upon him.

He had his gun pointed at Heyde’s head. He was also watching Alejandra as she teased trooper Cuthbertson.

“She’s an illegal alien.”

“That doesn’t give you the right to shoot her. Now, step back and put your gun down.”

Detective Branston was being careful and watchful as he watches Heyde. If he makes any move, he was going to be shot. He watches as
Heyde puts his gun down and step back.

“Pull your cuffs out and handcuff yourself.”

Trooper Heyde does as he is told. He puts his cuffs on. He could see that his partner in crime was being teased by Alejandra.

Alejandra pulls a weapon from her dune buggy “now, toss your gun away from you before I shoot you.”

Trooper Cuthbertson tosses his gun away from him.

“Now take your cuffs out and cuff yourself.” Alejandra levels the gun at trooper Cuthbertson.

Trooper Cuthbertson pulls his cuffs out and cuffs himself.

“Now, let’s march over to your friend.” Alejandra gets out of the dune buggy and forces trooper Cuthbertson over to Detective Branston and trooper Heyde. He couldn’t believe the girl he was sent to capture had turned the table on him.

“You think you’re in control with that gun of yours.”

“No, I’m in control because you are a moron.” A smile appears on Alejandra’s face.

“Alejandra be nice.” Detective Branston looks at her.

“Are your friends on the way?”

“Yes, they are. You better, scoot.”

“Okay.” Alejandra turns to leave but stops.

She looks towards trooper Cuthbertson “oh, by the way, you were taken down by a squirt gun.” As she shoots him with it.

up
202 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

"Taken down by a squirt gun"

Samantha Heart's picture

Got love her witty remark. The only way I can see to make Alejandra legal is if Detective Branston adipts her as his daughter. He already treats her as he would a daughter so why not make it legal.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

It will be interesting

to find out why someone wanted her dead in the first place.