Desert Rose Part 16

Printer-friendly version

Belka wakes-up and snuggles closer to her mother. She could feel her mother’s arms holding her protectively to her. She buries her face against her mother’s chest and inhales her scent. She couldn’t believe she had finally found her birth mother.

Her mother had accepted the fact she wanted to be a girl and had promised to pay for the surgery to give her the body she wanted. She listens to her mother’s heart as her head rested on her mother's chest.

Belka just lay there in her mother’s arms and enjoy being held by her. Her foster parents were never liked this. Sure, they held her when she was upset, but not like the way her birth mother was holding her. This is what she has always wanted and now she has it.

Maria wakes-up when she feels Belka move some. She held her more protectively and never wanted to let her little girl go again. She spent the past seventeen years without her baby and she wasn’t going to lose her now.

After a while, Belka sits up and looks down at her mother. She felt her mother fall back to sleep. She just stares at her and wonders why her father went to the extremes he did.

She gets out of bed quietly and grabs her robe. She had to use the bathroom. She slips out of the bedroom and heads towards the bathroom.
She does her business and when she comes out of the bathroom. Isa was standing in the hallway.

“How did things go between you and your mother?” Isa hopes everything was fine.

“Oh, it was fine, and thank you for everything, Isa.” Belka hugs Isa.

Isa returns the hug. She has grown fond of Belka and will hate to see her leave.

“I better get back to the room, before my mother wakes-up.” Belka releases Isa and heads back to the bedroom.

Isa watches as Belka walks off. She was happy that Belka finally found her mother. She walks downstairs and into the bar. There were a few patrons in the bar, enjoying either the breakfast they served or their favorite morning drinks.

Isa walks over towards the bar “things seem to be slow this morning, Freddie.”

Freddie looks up from the booze he was putting away towards Isa’s voice. He loved working for and also, it was unusual for Isa to be up this early. You normally didn’t see her until later in the evening.

“Something is in the air this morning?” Freddie looks around the room.

“What do you mean, Freddie?” Isa has figured out that Freddie possesses a unique ability.

He was normally right when he says that something is in the air and about to happen.

“What is it?” Isa was curious.

Freddie was looking around the bar as he looks for something. His gaze lands on the four men that had come in and have been asking about
Belka.

“Them! It has to do with them.” Freddie was looking at the four men.

Isa looks over towards the men. They were eating breakfast and drinking some sort of drink as well.

“Do I need to warn the staff?” Isa was protective of her staff.

“No, things won’t go that fair.’ Freddie’s hunch on that statement was very strong.

“Okay.” Isa didn’t sound so sure, but if Freddie says it. She should believe in his words.

Isa takes a seat at the bar and has Freddie make her a virgin bloody mary. She was dressed in her old style gothic Victorin clothes. She sits at the counter and watches the people in the saloon.

The old antique clock dings at the top of the hour. According to the clock, it was 10:00 a.m. She double-checks it with her pocket watch. The two showed the same time.

“Here you go, Isa.” Freddie sets down a tall antique green-tinted glass of bloody Mary in front of Isa.

“Thanks, Freddie.” She takes a sip of it.

“You’re….” Freddie stops mid-sentence when he notices Sheriff Markus and three of his deputies walk into the saloon.

Sheriff Markus had gotten the arrest warrant for the four men. He had to get Judge Wyatt to approve it. Once he had the warrant, he got three of his deputies and headed over to the Crystal Palace. One of his men has been keeping tabs on the men he was going to arrest.

Isa spotted the Sheriff and his deputies as they came walking into the saloon. She just watches as they walk over to the four men. She hopes the guys will cooperate, instead of fighting the sheriff and his men.

Nate and his men were enjoying their breakfast and beer. They hadn’t seen any sign of Belka or her mother at all. He figured that she would show up sometime in the morning, so they decided to wait around the saloon for a few hours.

As they are sitting and enjoying their drinks and breakfast, they are approached by the Sheriff and three of his men. Nate looks up at the
Sheriff “what can I do for you Sheriff?”

“You and your men are under arrest, Mr. Hathway.”

Nate looks around the saloon and could tell several people were watching them. He looks back towards the sheriff and his deputies.

“Fine!” Nate and his men stand up and put their hands behind their backs.

Sheriff Markus and his deputies handcuff them and escort them back to the old fashioned jail cells. Nate and his men couldn’t believe what the cells looked like.

Isa had watched everything as the men were arrested and escorted out. She still finds it amazing when Freddie's hunches come true.

“You were right, Freddie.”

“I was just lucky.” Freddie heads down the bar counter to refill a patron's whiskey glass.

Isa just shakes her head as she drinks her bloody Mary. Normally, she would be in her room sound asleep. However, she decided to stay awake and see how things were between Belka and her mother. Now, the question is, what should they do about Belka’s father? That matter needs to be taken care of.

Once Isa finishes her drink, she leaves a tip for Freddie and heads upstairs to her apartment. She covers up a yawn as she starts undressing and get ready to lay down for a while. Once she was dressed in her black nightgown. Isa lays down and set her alarm to wake her.

Isa slowly drifts off to sleep, while thinking about how to get even with Belka’s father.

up
182 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

First comment

Well this is a nice little update. I'm happy Belka has her mom now but things will probably escalate fairly quickly now. I'm always excited to see new chapters I don't know how you keep all the stories you are writing going and so many are entangled with each other. I once read somewhere that you plagiarize your stories and dont write them yourself I just don't see how it could be true you are a fantastic writer.

EllieJo Jayne

My stories

Thank you for the comment. Yes, some of the stories are entangled with one another and some aren't. As for plagiarizing my stories and not writing them myself, I don't think so. I have let people who have volunteer to edit my stories, rewrite or clean up the stories so they flow better. However, every story I post is written by me and only I know who is who and how they are related to one another.
Some stories are based on ideas I have seen in movies, ideas generated from reading other authors works or while working outside in my yard and such.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Rumor Mongers

I haven't seen those rumors myself and have no reason to think there is any validity to them. As the saying goes, there is nothing new under the sun. Story ideas are going to reappear from time to time, with no intent to copy another's ideas and work.

There is a short story around the scifi circles that Mrs. R. A. Heinlein appeared before a Senate subcommittee looking at a proposed rule change extending the copyright period. She spoke against it, pointing out that it would kill the chances for new authors, by building a wall around all the existing ideas. Eventually all possible ideas would have been used. She said the current copyrights gave plenty of time for existing authors and their families to monetize the work, that ideas need to be freely exchanged.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Police Academy

WillowD's picture

When Lady Dragon wrote Police Academy I happened to mention that the story reminded me about my favorite The Bionic Woman TV episode. Someone started posting over and over about how her story was a rip-off of The Bionic Woman and claimed that Lady Dragon plagiarizes a lot. Personally I have seen no sign of this. Her stories rarely remind me of any other work.

And the only thing her story has in common with Jamie's Shield (The Bionic Woman episode) is that a woman goes undercover in an American Police Academy to look for some bad guys. Oh yes, and that I very much liked both stories.

Great Story

LadyDragon thank you for this great story.. I can't wait for the next posting. Great job!

Dragnet theam

Samantha Heart's picture

Hmmmmm I wonder what a. The 4 did to get arrested (it may have been covered in a previous chapter) b. What Isa is going to do to get revenge on Belka's father.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.