Mole Hunt Chap. 21

Printer-friendly version

“Careful with loading that crate. I don’t want anything to happen to it.” Carl Herman watches as the men loaded the crate containing the drone he built into the truck.

He had to hurry up and move from this location. All his associates have been either captured or killed. He suspects that they will be coming after him soon. He couldn’t let the plan go to waste. They worked too hard to get to this point.

Once everything was loaded up in the cargo truck. He looks towards the men “get in the back of the truck and protect the cargo.”

Once the men are in the back of the truck. He walks over and secures the back door.

“Let’s get out of here, Arthur.” Carl looks at his assistant.

Arthur walks around to the driver side and climbs in. He starts the cargo truck up and starts heading towards their prep and launch site. He knew his boss Carl was going to get the drone up in the air before they could be stopped. Once it was up in the air, there won’t be anything they could do to stop it.

Carl gets a text that the Count has been captured. He was last seen with a girl with an emo style hair coloring. Carl figures that must have been Countess Charlotte Basset’s daughter. He had sent drones after her and the cab she was picked up in. He and the Count had found out that the cab hadn’t been a normal cab.

Then another drone had come from out of nowhere and took his drones out like they were nothing. He did manage to capture images of that drone. He didn’t know who had built it, but it was built for combat with a small minigun and missiles.

The attacks against the people in the Jaguar had failed as well. He was going to make sure this attack worked and would be protected from interference. After a half-n-hour, they arrive at the location.

Carl gets out and opens the warehouse doors, as Arthur pulls the cargo truck into it. Once the cargo truck was inside, Carl closes the doors and unlock the back of the cargo truck.

“Unload everything and get them ready for deployment.” Carl walks over to help unload all the drones and their parts. He also helps get them ready and prepare the biggest one as well.

“Be careful with those missiles.” Carl had a hard time getting his hands on them.

He was lucky that the Count had contacts on the black market and that he knew a few arms dealer. As for the two medium drones, he packs them with the mini-drones loaded with explosives. The biggest one, he runs a system check to make sure all the systems inside were working correctly and charge.

One of the guys working for Carl looks at Arthur as he bolts on the propeller on the back of the biggest drone. He had never seen a drone built like this one. Once it was in the air, it would be nearly impossible to spot it or hear it.

Carl steps back to look at all five drones. The four medium ones and the big one.

“Is everything ready?” Carl looks towards his assistant and the other two men.

“They are already for launch, Mr. Herman.” Jake wipes his hands and cleans the drone he just finished prepping.

Carl looks at the time on his cell phone. They still had fourteen hours before they had to launch.

“We’ll launch in the morning. Go ahead and get some sleep. We have a busy morning tomorrow.” Carl was ready to launch the drones and complete the plan him and his friends had worked out.

Dakota and Hatter’s Safehouse:
Anika and the team along with Mouse had gone to the location that Hatter had gotten out of Count Rudd. The information that they had gotten from Count Rudd had said that the other person they were looking for would be here prepping for the attack on the Royal family tomorrow.

Anika was being careful, because of the cut across her abdomen. Dakota, Mouse, and Hatter were searching the place. Someone had been at the location but were gone now.

“Hey Anika, you better look at this.” Terry had found a basting injector and it still had some residue in it.

Anika walks over to see what she found. She looks at the liquid still in the injector with a puzzled look on her face.

“What is it, Terry?” Anika looks at the yellowish liquid in the injector.

“It’s a binary explosive liquid. I’ve used it before when I was in the army. When its primary components are separated, its stable and you can
activate it with a flame. When it burns, it produces a blue flame. You could hold it in your hand while it burns without a problem. But when you combine it with Astrolite A and send an electrical charge through it. It explodes with the explosive force of three plastic explosive bricks.” Terry has seen how bad the liquid could be.

“How stable is this liquid?” Anika was curious.

“Extremely stable. In order to set it off, you would need a small electrical charge. A nine-volt battery could set it off.” Terry wonders what they were using this for.

Hatter was looking around while Terry and Anika were talking. She still wanted to torture Count Rudd some more. She was enjoying herself. She looks around the place but doesn’t find much.

Mouse and Dakota were searching through the trash and such. There was a lot of taking out, empty beer cans, and bottle.

“Well, hello.” Mouse pulls out a few packages that held SSD drives and Raspberry pi boxes.

Dakota looks at the packages “do you think those were used in the drone design?”

“Yes, you could use these. They are small enough that you could program them to carry out almost any type of commands. An SSD drive
would be perfect because it doesn’t use a standard platter drive.” Mouse could always backtrack where they bought these from.

Elizabeth and Bart were providing lookout as the other members were searching the place. Elizabeth looks at Bart “so, what is the plan after this mission?”

“For me, it is getting used to being a father and running my company. For you guys, it's going to be some downtime. You have been on two missions and Jack has a rule about taking some downtime.” Bart knows how Jack is when it comes to his people.

“Good, I and my wife have been talking about starting a family. She wants to see her design company pass onto our children.” Elizabeth doesn’t have a problem with that.

“Well, remember, don’t force your kids into something they don’t want to do. Let them choose their path and support their decision or choice.” Bart knew what it was like to force someone down the wrong path. He lost a good friend because he became something he shouldn’t.

“We better call it a night.” Anika came walking back with Hatter, Terry, Dakota, and Mouse.

“Did you guys find anything interesting?” Bart looks towards everyone.

“Yeah, liquid explosives and empty computer components boxes.” Terry had seen what Dakota and Mouse had found.

Anika looks towards Mouse “can those things be used in drones.”

“Easily. If the programmer knows what they are doing. They could write a program or directions and then set it free.” Mouse has played around
with the Raspberry Pi before.

“Well, we know who their targets are, and we know who they are going to attack tomorrow morning. So, let's go ahead and prepare for the attack. Mouse, I have Morgana on overwatch, so coordinate with her and track the royals.” Anika hopes they don’t mess up on this mission.

“Don’t worry, Anika. I’ll be on the job.” Mouse was going to have to be at work early tomorrow.

Everyone heads back to Bart and Anika’s place to prepare for tomorrow. Terry leaves early to take the Nobel back to the garage and arm it.

up
195 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

My brain hurts

WillowD's picture

I am trying to figure out what Hatter might do for down time.

Hatter's hobbies

play darts, improve her knife throwing skills, drink like a fish...maybe practice her dancing.. after all, she does like to dance, but she hasn't told or shown any one yet.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

I LOVE Hatter

Samantha Heart's picture

Poor girl is insane but considering what was done to her its no wonder shes nuts. I hope the team can stop Carl from his dasterly plan.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Hatter's hobbies

Take a couple private lessons with Cheshire :)