Mole Hunt Chap. 16

Printer-friendly version

Hatter and Dakota decided to do some recon on the people Terry informed them about. Mouse was playing over watched. She had used the camera systems to locate the men, based on the intel Hatter had gotten.

Hatter skips up to the house they were staying at and knock on the door. She stands there whistling and listening for movement. She saw movement in one of the windows.

Dakota had gone around back and was using a special device that allows law enforcement to look through walls. She was picking up six people inside.

“Hatter, we have a party of six inside.” Dakota puts the device she had down and prepares to blow the door.

Hatter heard what Dakota said and just smile. She knocks on the door one more time and slips her throwing knife into her hand. She watches as the door opens and one of the guys Terry told them about stood in the doorway.

Mouse was watching Dakota and Hatter from the cameras in the neighborhood. She also had a birds eye view from one of the clear drones Terry built for the Nobel. It was hovering high enough that it couldn’t be spotted. She could also pick-up the infrared readings of five other people inside.

“What can I do for you?” The big man looks at Hatter and wonders who this clown was.

Several comments go through Hatter’s mind when he asked that question. An evil smile appears on her face as she looks at him.

“You could surrender right now to me. That way I won’t have to hurt any of you.” Hatter kept smiling at him.

The big guy just smirks at her. He was going to have fun with this one.

“Why don’t you come on inside, so we can talk about this?” He steps aside to let Hatter come inside.

Hatter stands there and palms a stun grenade in her right hand “Mmm, I don’t think so.” As she tosses the stun grenade she palmed.

Dakota activates the explosives she planted on the back door when she heard the stun grenade go off. She charges forward and starts shooting people. She manages to drop two people before she is slammed by a huge guy.

Hatter had jumped through after the stun grenade went off. She took down the guy that answered the door. She tosses another knife at another fellow. He had been waiting to grab her if she came inside. She heard an explosion from the rear of the house.

Someone blindsides her from the side, sending her to the ground. Before she can react, the person who blindsided her is on top of her. He had a knife and was trying to stab her.

Hatter looks into the eyes of the man trying to stab her with an old military Ka-Bar. She slips one of her throwing knives into her free hand and stabs the guy in the leg several times. She manages to hold his knife away from her throat.

The guy tries to stab Hatter, as she kept stabbing him in the leg. He keeps pressing his knife towards her throat. He feels her twist her knife in his thigh. He falls off her towards the left-hand side of her in pain and her knife sticking out of his leg.

Hatter jumps on him and pulls her knife out of his leg. She licks the blade and looks down into his eyes, so he could see the craziness in her eyes.

“Mmmm, your blood taste yummy.” As the smile on her face becomes even more sinister.

Dakota looks at the big fellow that slammed into her. He was a huge guy and looked to be extremely dangerous.

“Come on big boy, let’s dance” She moves fast and quickly.

She kicks his knees out from him and punches him in the face, fast and hard. She avoids him trying to grab her but feels his backhand as it connects with her chest. Her body armor absorbs the impact, but it does send her to the floor.

The guy tries to stomp on Dakota’s chest but gets kicked in the face when she flips up and backward. He wasn’t prepared for her quick reactions and his face meets her booted foot. He tries to recover from getting kicked in the face but doubles over when she hits him hard in the chest.

The blow felt like he had been kicked in the chest by a mule. He tries to block another punch from her, but she switches it up and comes from another angle. Where her punch connected with his body, was hurting. He looks at her and saw she was barely breathing hard or sweating. He wonders who the fuck she was and who trained her.

Dakota looked at the guy she was fighting. Her ribs were hurting from the blow to her chest. She looks at the guy and could see he was in worse shape. She had delivered several punches and kicks to his body.

“Want to surrender?” Dakota watches his body.

“Go to hell bitch!” As he goes to punch her.

Dakota blocks and punches him on the side of his head, knocking him out cold. She watches as he falls to the ground. She walks over and slaps her handcuffs on him.

Mouse had managed to slip the drone into the house. She had watched the fighting going on and couldn’t believe it. She spots Hatter and she had blood on her white face.

Dakota spots the drone hovering near the ceiling “call the cops and the paramedics, Mouse.”

“Gotcha you covered Dakota.” Mouse dispatches the police and paramedics to Hatter and Dakota’s location.

Dakota walks over where Hatter was and saw all the blood on the carpet. She noticed that Hatter had blood on her face.

“Are you alright, Hatter?” Dakota was concerned about the blood on her face.

“I’m fine.” Hatter pulls a shop rag out of her coat pocket and cleans her face off.

Hatter also cleans her throwing knives. She picks the Ka-Bar up and slips it in her pocket. She was going to keep it as a souvenir.

While they are waiting for the police and paramedics. The two of them look around the house for clues. Dakota finds a few laptops that Mouse was going to have to go through.

“Mouse, I have a few laptops for you to go through.” Dakota wasn’t a computer expert.

“Alright, slip the thumb drive I gave you into it.” Mouse prepares to receive the data.

Dakota plugs the thumb drive into the laptop’s USB port. She watches as the screen changes and the entire contents of the hard drive are downloaded. While that is going on, she looks around the room and finds a bag full of weapons and some cash.

Hatter found a few things during her searches. She pockets some money she finds. As for the weapons she finds, she leaves. The only exception is the blocks of plastic explosives she finds. She pockets what she can.

Mouse notices the battery level on the drone was getting low “Dakota, Hatter. I’m sending the drone back to the van. I’m keeping you on comms, so let me know if you find anything.”

“Roger Mouse” Dakota looks back over towards the laptop and notices it was finished.

She gathers up their cell phones and takes them with her. She can get Terry to access them and find out who they have been in contact with.
Dakota goes to locate Hatter.

She finds Hatter washing her hands and face. The blood was completely gone off her face, but she still had some on her outfit.

“Did you find anything?”

“I found some Play-Doh.” Hatter shows Dakota the plastic explosive she found.

“That’s not Play-Doh, Hatter.” Dakota picks a block up and examines it.

“I know.” She could hear the sirens heading their way.

Dakota heard the sirens as well “why don’t you go to the van and hide, while I handle things.”

“Okay!” As Hatter skips off towards the van.

up
208 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Play-Doh huh?

Monique S's picture

I like Hatter more and more.

Monique S

Play-Doh

WillowD's picture

I'd say Hatter would have a lot of fun playing with it.

Good nickname for the

Good nickname for the explosive, as it does look like and can be molded like Play-Doh. Just has a little more 'expressive' and 'impressive'
results to doing so than the ordinary child's Play-Doh. :-)

Morons always do it

Jamie Lee's picture

Big guys, small girls does not always result in big guys winning. But that seems to be the thinking when they see Hatter or Dakota.

Those guys were not smart or trained or they would have known not to underestimate a person's size. But they did and lost more than their freedom. They blew whatever mission they were on. If they were working for themselves then they're the only ones to be made at. But if they were working for someone else they might have a lot to answer for.

Others have feelings too.