Back to School Chp. 20 (Final Chapter)

Printer-friendly version

Hex’s Place:
Hex stretches as she gets out of bed and heads down towards her kitchen. As she walks in, she turns the television on and tunes it to the local news station. There was a report of local police bust of a local drug manufacturing spot. According to the reports, an anonymous caller had told them of the place and sent them pictures of the location.

“Yeah right, an anonymous informant. I bet Sasha had something to do with it.” Hex fixes herself a cup of coffee.

She was glad this mission was over. She grabs a pop-tart out of the cabinet and sits down at her kitchen table to enjoy her coffee and pop-tart.
While she is eating, she wonders what Sasha and Nora are doing? She also wonders, what she was going to do now, that she helped bring the drug gang down.

Hex just sits there and continues to listen to the news and ponder what she should do. She had enough money squirreled away that she didn’t have to work, if she didn’t want too. She finishes her coffee and heads back up to her work, after detouring to her bedroom to change out of her nightclothes and into a pair of sweats. She’ll go visit her friends later.

Nora’s House:
Nora smacks the alarm clock as it goes off. It was the weekend and since she got in late last night. She didn’t want to get out of bed. She feels Kelly snuggled up against her. She closes her eyes and goes back to sleep.

She doesn’t feel Kelly gets out of bed. A few hours later, she wakes up and discovers that Kelly was gone. Nora gets out of bed and dashes to the bathroom. Her bladder was ready to release its contents.

Once she was done in the bathroom, Nora heads towards the kitchen. She spots Tiffany and Carol working on their homework in the living room. She waves to both her girls, as she walks into the kitchen. She’ll get a cup of coffee or two in her first before she tells Carol the good news.

Kelly spots her wife coming into the kitchen “coffee is already, ready for you.”

“Thanks.” Nora grabs her favorite mug the girls gave her that said the best MOM in the world.

Kelly watches her wife as she makes her coffee. She didn’t have the heart to wake her when she got up.

“Where are Ginger and Melody?” Nora was curious where her two oldest were.

“Ginger is visiting her boyfriend and Melody is out with a few friends from school. So, when are you going to talk to Carol?” Kelly looks at Nora
with a curious look on her face.

“When I have my second cup of coffee. You know I don’t do too well without my coffee.” Nora takes a sip from her mug.

Kelly walks over and places a kiss on Nora’s cheek. She had things she needed to get done.

“Well, don’t take to long to tell her. She and Tiffany were talking about going out after they finish their homework.”

“I won’t.” Nora takes another sip of her coffee.

After Nora finishes her first cup of coffee. She makes herself a second cup and grabs a muffin from the ones Ginger baked a few days ago. She eats the muffin and drinks her second cup of coffee.

Once she is finished, she heads to the living room and spot Melody finishing up their school work. She waits till they put their books away.

“Carol, can I speak to you in my office please?”

Carol was putting her books away when she hears Nora’s voice. She looks over towards her “yes ma’am.”

She follows Nora into her home office. She wonders what Nora wanted to talk to her about.

“Shut the door behind you, please.” Nora stops in front of her desk and sits down in the second leather chair in front of her desk.

Carol walks over and stands in front of Nora. She has been enjoying the fact that Nora has been letting her wear girl clothes.

“Please sit down, Carol. I have some good news for you.”

Carol sits down in the second leather chair and looks at Nora “does this have anything to do with my parents’ death?”

“Yes, it does.”

Once Carol was sitting and was comfortable. Nora thinks about what she is going to say before she speaks.

“The person who killed your parents has been caught and taken care of, Carol. You won’t have them coming after you anymore.”

Carol gets up and jumps into Nora’s arms. She holds onto her as tears leak from her eyes.

“Thank you, mom.” Carol just holds onto Nora and cries.

"You’re welcome, sweetie.” Nora places a kiss on Carol’s forehead as she holds Carol.

Carol and Nora spend some time in her office, before coming out. Tiffany was waiting for Carol, so they could go to the mall with Kelly. Kelly grabs her car keys to take them.

“You girls have fun.” Nora gives each girl a hug before they leave.

“Are you going to be alright, while we’re gone?” Kelly was a little concern about her wife.

“I’ll be fine. I have papers to grade and enter.” A smile appears on Nora’s face.

“Alright.” Kelly walks out of the house with Carol and Tiffany following her.

up
169 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This was a quick short ending.

Samantha Heart's picture

Well at least Carol is safe now from the preditors who were after her. After Sasha & Norra took care of him & most of the gang. Is now in jail Hex helped in a way providing surveillance & a bit of hacking. Look foward to more from this group.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.