Snow Angel Part 22

Printer-friendly version

Hatter had woken-up around mid-night and made her way up front to sit in the passenger seat next to Karen. Karen had taken a nap and trade-up with Keven to drive the mobile home. Karen knew Dakota and Terry were following behind them in Wraith. She knew Dakota was currently driving, while Terry slept.

Hatter hadn’t bother to change her clothes. She was still wearing a darker version of her normal clothes. She had put her top hat on when she woke-up and joined Karen. She pulls out one of the throwing knives Anika had given her before they went to capture Mr. Bridges. She was wiping it down with a cloth she pulled from a concealed pocket.

“Not sleepy, Hatter?” Karen had the auto-cruise on and was doing about 65mph.

“Nope, I’m good.” Hatter hadn’t looked up from cleaning her throwing knife.

“So what type of music do you like to listen too?” Karen wanted to know more about Hatter.

Hatter stops wiping her throwing knife and look out the window of the mobile home.

“Don’t know really. I never was one for listening to music. My mind was or is too fucked up to comprehend what the message is, or words mean. I don’t mind classical, because its straight forward about how it sounds. Everything else is just noise to me. I have my own music right here in my head.” Hatter taps the side of her head.

“How did you manage to survive what was being done to you?”

“Drugs, lots and lots of drugs. I was kept so high, that I didn’t know what was real or what wasn’t. I was walking around in a dream state all the time. Sometimes, I feel that I should had ended my own life, instead of living through what I did. Then I realize I’ll be giving that dam doctor what he wanted after all. He tried everything he could to break my spirit and my mind. I might not be all here, but in the end, he got what he deserved just like my father did.” Hatter flashes back to the explosion of the Doctor’s car and how she killed her father.

“How long have you known you were a lesbo?” Hatter looks at Karen.

“Since I was twelve years old. My mom came home early one day from work and caught me and an older girl from school making out in my bedroom. I didn’t realize my mother was there, because my back was too her and I was down in between my girlfriend’s legs. At first my mother was upset and so was my father when my mother told him what I had been doing. I tried to pretend I was straight while at school, but being in a locker room with a lot of naked girls was torture for me. They caught me again when they found me making out with an older lady down the street. They finally realized that their little girl was attracted to women? Which way do you swing?” Karen glances towards Hatter.

“Don’t know. I don’t have those urges. Even when I tried to please myself, I just don’t get aroused. I think all the drugs and electricity I was given has shorted out certain organs and messed up the chemicals in my body. Thats why I look like I'm ten years old. I’ll never get any older or grow any more. It amused the doctor a lot when he took samples from my body or tried to get me aroused. He tried so hard to see if I am being stubborn or playing possum that he rubbed me raw and caused me to bleed. I don’t have periods like you and Selena.”

“How can you tell we have periods?” Karen was startled by that statement.

“My sense of smell is a little bit more sensitive then everyone else’s. Like I said, the Doctor’s experiments have done certain things to my body.
Most of my senses are sharper, except my hearing. My ear drums were damaged, so I can’t hear as far as most of you or certain sounds. I have a higher tolerance for pain then most people and I can put myself into a death like trance to survive. The doctor locked me in a meat freezer for four days. I learned how to slow my body down to the point I look like I am dead. The same thing for being seal in a coffin. I can survive in a trance for a few days.” Hatter remember the doctor sealing her in a clear coffin and burying her alive. She shivers from that thought.

“Did the doctor have other people that he experimented on besides you?” Karen wonders how many victims this doctor had.

“Yep, there were ten of us that he experimented on. Out of the ten only four survived. One is in a vegetated state that she can’t take care of herself or think for herself. There is one that was turned into a cat person that managed to escape while being transported. Then there’s me and one fellow that you must keep him locked away, because he likes to eat people while they are live still. The doctor warped his mind so badly that if he ever escaped from his prison, that the murder rate would be high. He feels no pain and things like your rubber bullets and my needlers would be useless against him. Even tasers would be useless against him. He’s immune to the effects. I was forced to fight him a few times for the entertainment of the doctor’s friends. They would bet on who would live.” Tears slide down her cheek as she raises her left hand and wipe them away.

“Why did the doctor turn the one person into a cat person?” Karen was wondering if it was the one she heard about in Tennessee.

“Because the person that bought her was a big anime fan. He wanted a sex slave that looked like a humanoid cat person. The doctor and a few others did a lot of plastic surgery on this person turning them from a boy to a girl and making her look like a beautiful female cat person. The only thing I know about her, is she managed to escape the people transporting her. The doctor was pissed and so was his client. The client invested a lot of money to change the person into a really cute cat person and they escaped.” Hatter remembered the doctor’s mood that day. He took it out on her when he hooked her up to the table and sent a massive amount of electricity throughout her body. He let her suffer longer then he normally did.

“Was this in the states or back in England?” Karen was still curious.

“In England. As far as I know, I’m the only one of the doctor’s experiments to have come to the United States. I don’t know what happened to the others after I killed him.” Hatter puts her throwing knife away and tucks her cleaning cloth back into the concealed pocket.

“The next major rest stop we come too, I’m going to pull over, so we can let Mr. Bridges out to use the bathroom. I’m going to need for you to watch the restroom, while Troy and Keven escort him in.” Karen figures that one should be coming up soon.

“Does that mean if he runs I can break his legs?” Hatter had a mischievous look on her face.

“No, Anika doesn’t want us to break his legs. She wants him to be able to move under his own ability.”

“He can still move with a broken leg. He can crawl on the ground like the worm he is.” Hatter didn’t like him and wanted to hurt him.
Karen glances to Hatter and shakes her head.

“Do you always use violence to solve problems?”

“Nope, only to hurt nasty people. The creep grabbed me from behind and held a knife to my throat. He was lucky that I only knocked the wind out of him and kicked his nuts. The last person to hold a knife to my throat ended up with his manhood removed from his body. I used his own knife to do it.” An evil smile appears on her face.

Karen just shakes her head and press her com unit.

“Dakota, I’m pulling in up here to let Mr. Bridges use the bathroom. As soon as I park, send spirit up in the air to keep watch.” A smile appears on Karen’s face after she finishes talking to Dakota. Morgana had named wraith’s drone spirit.

Wraith:
“Roger, Karen. I’ll wake Terry to let her know we are stopping.” Dakota looks over towards her sleeping partner.

They had spoken for a little while and Dakota had told Terry how she felt about her. Terry didn’t know what to say. She was still fighting with her own demons, but said she could try and see what happens between them. She did admit that she had some feelings for Dakota as well. She didn’t know when it happened, but she was starting to develop feeling for her.

“Hey sleepy head. We’re pulling over at a rest stop.” Dakota reaches over and gently wake Terry up. She knew she had to be careful with Terry. Anything could trigger a panic attack or episode.

Terry slowly wakes up when she feels herself gently shook. She was still tired and sleepy, but felt more refreshed then she normally did when she slept. She glances over at Dakota and realized that she was launching Spirit.

“Are we in a fight?” Terry sits up quickly.

“Nope, I’m putting spirit in over watched mode. We’re letting Mr. Bridges out of his cage, so he can use the bathroom and get some water to drink. Keven and Troy are going to escort him to the men’s room, while Hatter guards the door.” They watched as Troy and Keven come out to fetch Mr. Bridges. Anika was standing nearby, and Hatter was near the men’s bathroom door.

They watched as Keven and Troy escort Mr. Bridges into the men’s restroom. Hatter was standing outside looking like she wanted to hurt something. Terry was watching the input they were getting from Spirit as it kept over watched over them. They could see the whole rest area with how high up the drone had gone.

“What’s that?” Terry enlarges an image she spotted from spirit.

It was six people wearing black jumpsuits. They were wearing black helmets and heading towards their area at high speed. They had two black SUV’s following behind them.

“Anika, we have trouble coming towards us. The mobile home doesn’t have any type of armor or weapons.”

“Don’t worry. Just do what you can. Me and the rest of the crew will handle everything else.” Anika grabs her sniping rifle and climbs up on the roof of mobile home.

Hatter saw Anika climbing up on the mobile home with her sniping rifle. She watches as wraith and spirit take off back towards the interstate. The next thing she hears is an explosion going off inside the restroom.

Karen comes running out of the lady’s room “get the guys, Hatter.”

Hatter runs into the men’s bathroom and find Troy and Keven laying on the floor. There was a man size hole in the wall that lead to the back of the building. She jumps through the hole and spots Mr. Bridges running towards a black SUV. She gives chase after him as he headed towards the SUV. She was wondering why Terry's toy hadn't spotted the SUV.

Black SUV:
The guys that had been sent to retrieve their meal ticket start firing past Mr. Bridges at Hatter. They couldn’t believe the short girl they were shooting at kept coming after their boss. They open the SUV door and pull him inside as quickly as they could. Once he was inside, they started heading for the exit leading away from the rest area.

Hatter puts a little more effort into her running and manages to grab onto the back of the SUV as it was pulling away. She could hear gun fire from the sniping fire and the drone. Plus, the roar of wraith’s engines as it goes against the motorcycles and the SUV’s. Hatter holds on tight as the driver tries to throw her off the back.

The guys inside the SUV spotted the strangely dress petite girl hanging on to the back of their SUV. They couldn't believe she had managed to latched onto the vehicle.

“Get her off!” The driver tries everything he can to shake her off, but she doesn’t let go.

Hatter was pissed and manages to climb up on the roof of the SUV. She figures the SUV was bullet proof. Which meant they were going to have to open the sunroof or a door. She holds on tight as the driver tries to get her off the SUV.

The sunroof starts to open. Before the guys inside can fire at her, she rapid fires her needler inside the vehicle taking out one of the guys and hitting the driver. She keeps firing her needler till she is out.

The guys inside felt like they were being stung by bee's as tiny needle like projectiles hit their body in unprotected areas. They start dropping as the fast acting knockout drug that coats the needles puts them to sleep. The driver falls asleep and the SUV drifts off the Highway and starts heading for a tree.

Hatter felt the SUV drifting and saw the trees it was heading for. She jumps off and twist her right ankle when she lands. She screams from the pain and tries standing up off the ground. She manages to pull herself up with the help of a large branch she found lying near her. She limps over to the SUV and spots Mr. Bridges passed out in the back seat. He had one of her needles in his neck.

She smacks the side of his head as hard as she can “you had to go and try to escape you dumb ass. I should just shoot you now and get it over with.”

She pulls one of the bad guys guns out and points it at his head. She so wanted to kill this guy, but she doesn’t. She lowers the gun and takes the bad guys combat holster and his rifle as well. As she started to remove the other weapons, one of the guys had grabbed her. She managed to pull loose and pointed her gun at the asshole.

Rest Stop:
Anika fires the specialized rounds she got from Ratchet at the two SUVs. She watches as their engines explode from the impact. She takes aim at the drivers and the rounds go right through the bullet proof windshield and take the drivers out. She saw the other SUV come from behind the building and saw Hatter hanging on the back of it.

She watches as wraith’s weapon systems take the motorcycles out. Spirit had helped by firing its mini-gun at two of the motorcycles. Wraith had fired it’s mini-missiles and took the other motorcycles out.

“All clear, Anika?” Dakota reports to Anika.

“Same here, guys.” Anika climbs down from the roof of the motorhome.

Selena and Karen were carrying Keven and Troy out of the bathroom.

“Are they going to be alright?” Anika looks towards Karen for an answer.

“They’ll be alright. They were knocked out from the explosion.” Karen carries Troy into the motorhome and lay him down on the sofa.

Anika helps Selena with Keven. They carry him in and lays him down on the other sofa where she had been sleeping. Karen checks each man, while Anika heads up front to the driver seat. She starts the motorhome up and heads out onto the interstate looking for Hatter.

“Where’s Hatter?” Karen looks up from examining Troy.

“She managed to follow Mr. Bridges and was hanging off the back of the SUV that came to retrieve him.” She watches as wraith takes the lead.

A few miles down the interstate. They see an Arkansas State Trooper car pulled over on the shoulder of the Interstate. Anika could see a cloud of smoke. She watches as wraith pulls in behind the State Trooper car. Terry gets out and walks towards the State Trooper who had his weapon pointed at Hatter.

Hatter had her own gun pointed at the Trooper. She was telling him to back the fuck off. Hatter didn't like having this guy pointing his gun at her.
The officer had come up while she had her weapon pointed at the occupants inside the SUV. He had ordered her to drop her weapon, which she wouldn’t do.

Lt. Kent had spotted the accident and had pulled over to see if he could help. When he got out of his car and looked over towards the crashed black Suv. He spotted a strangely dressed young girl pointing a gun at the occupants of the SUV. He had drawn his own gun and pointed it at her and ordered her to drop her weapon. She had respond by telling him to F***O**

“Officer, she’s with us. I’m US Marshal Terry Horn. The people she is pointing her weapon at are known terrorist that just kidnapped our witness. We were ambushed up at the rest stop a few miles back. You’ll find the remains of their cohorts back there.” Terry was dressed in a pair of blue jeans and a nice polo shirt. She had her badge out, so he could see it.

Lt. Kent listens to what the manly looking woman had said.

“Tell her to drop her weapon and let me verify your credentials.” He wasn’t taking his eyes off the girl. He had noticed a strangely design car had pulled up behind his and a motorhome behind the car.

“Sure thing, Officer.” Terry smiles and looks over towards Hatter.

“Hatter, please put your weapon away. Everything is okay.” Terry could tell Hatter was in pain and was keeping pressure off her right ankle.

Hatter looks towards Terry and then the State Trooper. She puts the weapon away and leans against the SUV for support. Her ankle was throbbing with pain.

Terry walks up to the State Trooper with her hands up, so he could see she was disarmed.

The Trooper lowers his weapon and runs Terry’s name. The report he gets back , is that she is part of a special task force unit. His eyebrows go up when he hears the report back from dispatch. He was to cooperate fully with her and give her any assistance she needed. Another State Troopers car pulls up and sirens could be heard heading their way. His supervisor approaches them, and Anika exist from the motorhome to talk with the State Troopers.

After about an hour of talking and watching as the paramedics show-up. Anika is back on the road with Karen wrapping up Hatter’s ankle. She managed to sprain it when she landed from jumping from the SUV.

Hatter looks at Karen as she wrapped her ankle. They had done the ice and now they were wrapping it.

“Thanks Karen.”

“You’re welcome Hatter. Now remember, you need to stay off your feet for at least twenty-four hours. If you need help going to the bathroom.
Let one of us know.” Karen stands up after wrapping Hatter’s ankle.

“If I need to stand, it will be to kick his ass.” Hatter looks over at the sleeping form of Arnold Bridges. He was still knocked out from one of her needles hitting him.

"How long will he be out?" Karen wasn't familiar with Hatters needled.

"For a few hours or more. He got hit twice by my needled." Hatter had seen Karen pull two needles out of Mr. Bridges.

They couldn’t put Mr. Bridges back in the cage they had him in before. So, now he was traveling with them inside the motorhome and he had been extra secure, so he couldn’t get free. Terry did a scan of him looking for bugs and trackers found out he had a GPS tracker in his arm.

Hatter wanted to cut it out herself, but Karen wouldn’t let her. So, Karen removed it and tossed it over a bridge they went over. She notices that Hatter was keeping an eye out for Mr. Bridges to try anything. She figures if he even blink, Hatter would either kill him or seriously injury him.

Morgana and Gloria couldn’t believe they slept through the attack. Both ladies didn’t like Mr. Bridges either, but noticed that Hatter was watching him like a hawk. They went to work on the information they had downloaded before they left the compound.

They found bank accounts, contacts and private accounts. They had locations of safe houses and weapon storage units.

“Hey Anika, you might want to have your boss go to these weapon units and remove the weapons there. These guys have all sorts of military and converted civilian vehicles to wage war.”

“I’ll pass that information onto my boss. He’ll be very interested in it. He’ll want to meet you and your team as well.” Anika knew Jack would want to meet the whole team.

“As far as I’m concern, I’m still on the job. So, I don’t mind.” Morgana wanted to meet Anika’s boss as well.

Troy and Keven start moaning as they start coming around. Troy looks around and couldn’t believe he was onboard the motorhome and still alive. Both him and Keven had been caught off guard when the wall exploded in the men’s restroom. That was the last thing he remembered.

“Just lay back down and relax. You guys got the blunt of the explosion.” Karen had checked on them when they were brought onto the motorhome.

She had treated and bandaged-up what wounds they had received. Her medical training was coming in handy. She might be the team’s medic and extra hand. Maybe she should attend a paramedics class. She’ll talk with Anika later about maybe the company paying for it.

up
236 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Hatter

WillowD's picture

I am starting to seriously like and admire Hatter instead of just pitying her.

I do believe that Hatter will

I do believe that Hatter will be a really good addition to the teams, once she is trained up in their methods. Just have to get her out of the
"always wanting to kill mode". She did really good on this mission, and actually saved the mission by her actions.

Keep poking the bear

Jamie Lee's picture

Bridges must be a glutton for punishment, but at least Hatter didn't massage his jewels this time.

Others have feelings too.

Who is

Karen? She just showed up in this chapter and the next. Then she disappears again.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin