Girls Just Want to Have Fun Chp. 5 (revised)

Printer-friendly version

As soon as Cassidy arrives at the antique store, she calls the guys to let them know she arrived safely. A few minutes later Cassidy spots Arthur’s car pulling up beside her car. She watches as he turns his car off, before existing from hers.

Arthur saw Cassidy’s car already in the parking lot when he pulled up. He wonders how she was feeling after hitting her head. He parks his car and turns it off before he gets out and walks over towards Cassidy’s car.

Cassidy gets out of her car when she notices Arthur walking over towards her. She brushes some of her long hair aside out of her eyes.

“Hey big boy, do you come here often?” A smile appears on Cassidy’s face.

A smile appears on Arthur’s face. He had to give Cassidy credit on how she welcomes someone she likes.

“Only when there’s a pretty girl around.” He walks up to her and gives her a kiss.

Cassidy felt butterflies when Arthur kissed her. She returns the kiss and feels his strong arms wrap around her body. She leans against his body, as she feels herself melting in his arms.

After a few minutes, Arthur ends the kiss as he looks down into Cassidy’s blue eyes.

“Are you up to this?” He held her in his arms lightly.

Cassidy looks up into his brown eyes “I can do this.”

“You won’t be doing it alone.” As he holds her hand as they walk towards the store.

Cassidy takes her store keys out and unlocks the front door “stay here. I need to disarm the alarm.” She heads inside and over to where the alarm panel is and punches in her code.

The alarm beeps to let her know the system had been turned off. She walks back over towards the door.

“Okay, the alarm has been disabled.” Cassidy steps aside to let Arthur in.

Once he is inside, she closes the door and locks it. She turns around to look at him. He was twice her age, but she liked what she was seeing.
She already knew what he was like in bed but wanted to know more about him.

“The office is this way.” Cassidy walks by Arthur with a little sass to her walk.

Arthur noticed the little sass in Cassidy’s walk. He just watches as her behind moves sways in a sexy way. He follows behind her closely “maybe after all this, we can grab some dinner?”

“Sounds good. I was making a stew before you called. If you don’t mind tasting my cooking. You’re welcome to come over and have some.”
Cassidy made enough for her and the boys, plus extra to have during the week.

“I might do that.” Arthur wouldn’t mind tasting Cassidy’s cooking.

A smile forms on Cassidy’s face as she sits down behind the office desk and log on. She clicks on the app for the security video recorders and type her security code in. The screen switches to the cameras in the store. She taps on the icon to bring up the security footage from the other day. She types in the time of the attack and freezes the frame.

“There you go, Arthur. Those guys are the one that attacked me.” Cassidy’s enlarges the image.

Arthur looks over Cassidy’s shoulder at the image “can you burn me a copy and print these pictures out?”

“Yes.” Cassidy prints a copy of the images and burns him a copy of the security recording.

She didn’t need Mr. Hughes permission to burn a copy. Once the information was done burning to a dvd.

“Here you go, Arthur.” Cassidy hands the printout and the disk over to Arthur.

“Thank you.” Arthur accepts the disk and pictures.

“So, what is your next move?” Cassidy looks at Arthur.

“Find out who they are and who they are working for. Do you know where your boss lives?” Arthur figures talking to Cassidy’s boss would be
next on his list to find out who he owed money too. Now that he has the pictures of the men that attacked Cassidy, he can find out where they came from and who they are.

“Yep, I know where he lives.” Cassidy has been to his place several times.

“Why don't we drive over towards his place?” Arthur needs to know what he knew.

“No problem.” Cassidy logs off the computer.

“Your car or mine?” As Arthur leads the way back to the front door.

“I’ll take mine.” Cassidy rearms the security systems and heads out towards her car.

Arthur heads towards his, as Cassidy heads towards hers. She takes it slowly over towards her boss’s house, so not to lose Arthur. She wonders if her boss will be home.

As they approach Mr. Hughes place, everything seemed pleasant. They park their cars in the long driveway. Cassidy gets out of her car first, followed by Arthur.

Something didn’t seem right to her as they walked towards the front door. She wonders if he is home and okay.

“Something isn’t right here.” Cassidy stops just before she reaches the front door.

“Here, let me go first.” Arthur pulls his gun and approaches the front door carefully.

Cassidy follows a few feet behind him as he enters the house. The door was already partially opened. Arthur knew the place was locked up, when he came by before. Arthur slowly and carefully enters the house. He could tell someone broke into the place. The place was a mess.

Cassidy sticks her head inside and she couldn’t believe how the place looked. It was a mess, instead of the nice and tidy state her boss kept it in.

“It looks like someone was looking for something, Arthur.” Cassidy felt sad when she saw an old painting that was worth a lot of money damage.

“I agree with you, Cassidy. Someone was here and ransack this place.” Arthur carefully goes through the downstairs.

Cassidy stays back, as Arthur looks the place over. She couldn’t believe someone would do this to her boss. They search the place, but they
didn’t find any sign of Cassidy’s boss. Whoever is after him ransack the place well.

Arthur puts his gun away and pulls out his cell phone to call the station and have a forensic team sent to his current address. He looks towards
Cassidy “I think you might want to leave, Cass.”

“Are you sure?” Cassidy didn’t mind leaving, but she didn’t want things to come back on Arthur.

“I’m sure. I’m going to be a while here.” He gives her a kiss.

Cassidy returns the kiss. She wanted to stay with him, but it might complicate things. She feels him end the kiss.

“I’ll call you when I leave here.” A smile appears on his face.

“You better.” Cassidy smacks Arthur’s arm and heads out to her car.

Once she is in her car, Cassidy heads home and parks next to Danny’s pick-up truck. When she walks into the house, she heads towards the kitchen and notices that one of the guys finished making the stew for her. She tastes the stew to make sure it was right.

Cassidy adds a few spices that it was missing. She stirs the stew and let it simmer for a while.

“Is everything okay?” Larry comes walking into the kitchen.

“I don’t know. Mr. Hughes house looked like a tornado had gone through it.” Cassidy pours herself some of her peach moonshine in her
favorite mason glass.

“Do you think its those guys that attacked you, that tore his place apart?” Larry wonders how deep in debt Mr. Hughes was too those guys.

“I would have to say yes. Arthur is there right now with a forensics team.” Cassidy takes a sip of the moonshine.

It had a nice peach flavor too it. It wasn’t too weak or too strong. She takes another sip from her mason glass jar and swishes it around before swallowing.

“Well, hopefully Arthur can find out who those guys are and who they are working for. Because if they come after you again, Cassidy. Me and Danny are going to teach them some matters.” Larry made a promise to look after Cassidy. He knew Danny did as well.

“Thanks, Larry.” Cassidy gives him a sisterly hug.

“Any time.” Larry just holds Cassidy in a brotherly embrace.

up
178 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Liking the story so far

but it looks like things are going to escalate before they calm down.

Continuity

In Ch. 4, Arthur goes to Hughes' house to talk to him, but there is nobody home and Arthur sees nothing amiss looking through the windows. Here in Ch. 5 Arthur needs Cassidy to tell/show him where the house is and immediately senses something wrong. Is his memory slipping? Why was his spidey sense not working on his first visit? If nothing was out of order on his first visit, that suggests the bad guys might have been inside hiding during the first visit.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

You're right

I goofed big time on that.Why would Arthur need Cassidy's direction, when he already has gone by the place. I'll fix this mistake.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison