Travel Through Time and Space Part 24

Printer-friendly version

Antonio looks down at Patricia as she slept. He knew the alarm clock went off at least twice already. He leans down and places a kiss on her cheek. He’ll take the probe she brought home last night to the mountain complex for her.

He walks into his office and picks it up and carry it out to his truck. He goes to start the truck, but the starter wouldn’t cooperate with him. He walks back inside the house and leaves a note for Patricia informing her, he had to take her Ferrari, because the starter on the truck had gone out.

As he pulls up to the security gate, he shows his security pass. Since he was a Deputy Sheriff and Patricia was taking responsibility for him. Janet okayed a security pass for him.

Once the gate guard clears him. He heads towards the entrance Patricia normally uses with the probe. He wonders if Roger was going to be on duty as he walks in carrying the probe.

Roger was updating the security log when he spots Antonio walking in. He wonders where Patricia was and why she wasn’t with Antonio?

“Morning Antonio, where’s Pat?”

“She’s at home sound asleep. I didn’t have the heart to wake her this morning. She found this last night on her way home. Where do I take it?”

“What is it?” Roger looks at the object and wonders what it was.

“According to Patricia, she said it was a cloaked communication probe,” Antonio remembered that piece of information from his conversation with Pat last night.

“I’ll escort you up to command.” Roger summons one of the roving security officers to his station to take over, till he gets back.

“Follow me.” Roger leads Antonio to the main elevator.

Just as the elevator doors open, Samantha comes walking out with Captain Johnny Burns. The expression on her face wasn’t a happy one.

“Is everything okay, Sam?” Roger was concerned.

“Don’t have time to talk right now, Roger.” Samantha couldn’t believe someone had broken into their facilities in Coconino County.

Roger watches as Sam and Captain Burns walk down the corridor that leads to his checkpoint. Both of them had a concerned look on their face. Especially, Roger, he has never seen Sam that unhappy before.

“I wonder what has Samantha so unhappy?”

“Who is Samantha and what does she do here?” Antonio couldn’t recall if Patricia ever mentioned Samantha’s name.

“She’s the chief engineer of the aeronautics division of Aero Flight. She is also Mrs. Blake’s second-oldest daughter and holds several Ph.D.’s
in engineering, physics, and along with several other degrees.”

“Damn, I wonder what it is like to be that smart?” Antonio didn’t know anyone with an IQ that high.

“Who knows, all of Mrs. Blake’s children’s have high IQ’s.” Roger knew Ivy was the most normal among them, but she still had a genius-level IQ.

“Who was that man that was walking with her?” Antonio didn’t meet him on his visit to the mountain complex.

“That would be inspector Johnny Burns. He used to work for the CIA before he was almost killed. He was working overseas in Russia when his team was discovered by the KGB. Mrs. Blake’s twin sister happened to be in Russia doing a show and rescued them. The Russian government is still trying to figure out how she did it.” Roger still thinks it funny.

“Whose Mrs. Blake’s twin sister and what does she do?”

“That would be Janet Elizabeth Wolfhart A.K.A. Rainbow. She’s a doctor like her sister, but she is also a stage magician. She worked her way
through college performing magic tricks. She’s also one of the greatest escape artists around. She’s managed to escape from some of the most escape-proof cells and devices.” Roger saw a video recording over at Ivy’s place of her aunt.

The elevator finally stops at the command level. When the door opened, Antonio saw the same two guards from his visit.

Roger and Antonio walk up to the guards “we need to speak with Mrs. Blake.”

They step aside and open the door for them.

“Thanks, guys.”

Roger spots Ivy talking to her mother when he and Antonio walk into command. He spotted Ghost floating nearby. Janet and Tammi were going over some information they received recently from one of Aero Flight's satellites in orbit.

“I got a gift for you, courtesy of Patricia.” Antonio sets the probe down on the table they were standing at.

“Where’s Patricia?” Janet was curious.

“She’s home sound asleep still. She might be enhanced and such, but I think her pregnancy is taking a toll on her body.”

“Normally her body would have adjusted naturally as the baby grew inside her. However, since one of your great-grandchildren advance her pregnancy by accident. She is playing catch up with the changes done to her body. She should be back to semi-normal by the end of the week.” Janet figures since Pat went from being five weeks to be six months, it threw her body chemistry off.

“Did she tell you what this semi-cylinder object is?” Janet was looking at the probe.

“She said it is a communication probe with cloaking technology. She shut it down last night before bringing it home.” Antonio wonders if they could reactive it.

Janet looks towards Ghost “can you reactivate it and give us a diagram on what it is like inside?”

“I can access Patricia’s memories and see what she got from it.” Ghost sends the signal to Patricia’s implant and accesses her memories.

He could tell she was still asleep as he goes through her memories. He finds the information he is looking for and download it to his memory banks.

“Did any of you know, he could do that?” Antonio looks at Janet, Tammi, Ivy and Roger.

He noticed Roger was standing next to Ivy.

“It makes sense for him to be able to do that, considering how connected they are to each other.” Janet figured they would have some sort of deep connection.

“Well, it is kind of creepy. He can see any of her memory he wants to.” Antonio couldn’t understand having that type of connection, Ghost and Patricia have.

Once Ghost had everything he needed from Patricia’s mind. He ends the connection.

“That was all she had.” Ghost brings the information upon the holo-screen the table had.

Antonio glance at his watch and notices he was late for work “look, I’m late for work. So, I’ll see you guys and gals later.”

“I’ll walk you out.” Roger follows with Ivy following behind them.

They head back the way Roger and Antonio came. She holds Roger’s hand while they are in the elevator. When it stops, she walks with them towards Roger’s guard station.

“Antonio, can you tell Pat I need to talk to her later, please?” Ivy wanted to ask Patricia a question.

“I won’t see her, till I get off today.”

“That’s fine, just let her know when you do see her.”

“I will. You guys have a nice day.” Antonio heads out to Patricia’s Ferrari and heads to work.

up
170 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

So if she dies

Does her consciousness continue on in Ghost?

Pat's Consciousness

that is a good question and I have never really thought about it. Her and Ghost are so connected that, it's possible she could add her consciousness to Ghost. The thing is, would she want too? Ghost is like a dear friend too her and like a brother she never had, even though he was created with her brain engrams. So, that is something to think about.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison