Travel Through Time and Space Part 16

Printer-friendly version

“YAY, WHO!” Patricia was out four wheelings with Antonio and some friends of his.

Janet and her engineering crew said it was going to take a while to construct the additional components the Ghost fighter was going to need.
Since she really didn’t have anything to do around the mountain complex. She took Antonio up on his invite to join him and a few friends on four-wheeling with some friends and their spouses. She made sure to hide the fact that she worked out in space and came from a different timeline.

Ghost himself was working with Janet since his computing power was faster than the current computers they were using. Janet’s IT department was upgrading the computers and servers in the mountain complex with newer ones that Janet came up with. It based partially on
Ghost processing ability and the computing ability from the alien ship. Janet wasn’t going full artificial intelligence like Ghost was, but close to it.

After an hour of horsing around and racing against one another. Patricia stops next to Antonio and shares her water bottle with him. She brought one of her thermos bottles from her fighter.

“Are you enjoying yourself?” Antonio looks at Patricia’s face.

“Yes, I’m having fun. It’s not as fun as flying, but I am having fun.” Patricia first love was flying.

“You’re going to have to take me flying one day.” The only flying Antonio has done was in a commercial Airline.

“I’ll talk to my boss and see if she’ll let me borrow of our trainers and take you up into the wild blue yonder.” A mischievous smile appears on her face.

“Why do I get the feeling, you’ll make the experience more then I would want?” Antonio has come to recognizes some of Patricia’s facial expressions.

He has learned she has a reckless, mischievous nature that would scare most people.She loved to take chances. He has also learned she is extremely talented when it comes to computers and electronics. He has seen where they just work right for her. He had a tablet that was giving him problems and locked up on him. She had asked to see it and the moment he handed it to her, it was working better then it has ever had. Even the radio in his patrol car worked better.

“I never do loop-de-loops with inexperienced people on the first or second time up in the air. I normally save that type of experience for your sixth or seventh time up in the air.” A teasing smile forms on Patricia’s face.

“You better not.” Antonio could tell Patricia was serious when she spoke.

A playful smile appears on her face as she starts her four-wheeler up. Patricia stands it on two wheels and speeds off.

“Show off!” Antonio follows Patricia. Someone needed to keep her out of trouble.

Ivy and Roger:
Roger watches as Ivy rode her horse. They had decided to spend time horseback riding. Roger didn’t know anything about riding horses, so Ivy had to show him. He was supposed to have dinner with her mother’s later.

They had left the mountain complex and flew to California. They were going to fly back, but for now, they were out enjoying the property in California. This was ivy’s birthplace and her family home.

“Come on slow poke.” Ivy turned around in her saddle to look back towards Roger.

“I’m coming.” Roger catches up to Ivy.

Ivy watches as Roger catches up to her. She noticed that he had improved on his horsemanship. She was enjoying being back home. The Mountain complex was nice and had almost all the things they had at home, but it didn’t have the green grass and her favorite horse.

Yes, she had her apartment near the mountain complex, but she enjoyed being out here in California. She leads Roger to some of her favorite
places. She still couldn’t believe that he was going to be her future husband and that they were going to have children together.

She knew her brother Andy and his old friend that had been turned into an ancient Egyptian. She couldn’t believe the medical report she saw of her. She was one hundred percent female, including having a fully operational reproductive organ.

Her older sister took several of her eggs and was studying one of them. As for her brother, she thinks he is thinking about marrying his best friend. It wasn’t like they didn’t know each other.

Roger looks at Ivy and wonders what she was thinking. She’s been quiet since he rejoined her.

“Penny for your thoughts.”

Ivy looks at Roger “I was just thinking about my brother and his best friend.”

“You mean William?” Roger had heard how Andy’s old friend. That was a researcher in England had been turned into a woman by an alien device.

The only reason he knew about it, was one of the guards that had gone to help bring back the alien ship. He had heard about it from one of the medical staffs. The mountain complex personnel were under orders to keep everything in the house. The hangar where the alien ship was stored was under intense protection. Patricia had shown them how to use the force field the ship was equipped with to protect the hangar it was stored in.

They had to do some repairs to it, but thanks to her knowledge and Ghost help. They managed to fix it and even managed to upgrade it. Janet’s company didn’t need to use it at full power, because there were currently no weapons on Earth, except nukes that could penetrate it.
They also, set up a stealth shield to keep the military from using their satellites to try and get a picture. It also hides the power output the force field produced. As for the chamber where they found it. The other person that had been turned into a woman, was working with a group of Egyptologists on the hieroglyphs and such they found down in the chamber.

A security team had been assigned to protect the team inside the chamber. There were still up rest in the area and the last thing they needed to know, was history was wrong. The security team sent to protect the Egyptologist were well trained and armed. They were a special group of people sent from another company.

“Yes, I mean my brother and his friend. You know, you can’t talk to anyone about what happened or the alien ship we brought back.” Ivy looks at Roger when she said that.

“I know and never will speak of anything that happens at the mountain. I’m too afraid on what your mother Tammi would do to me.” Roger knew Tammi was a deadly person. Even as old as she is, she is still dangerous.

“I know what you mean. There are things that my mother’s and older siblings do, that they don’t tell me.” Ivy knew her siblings and parents kept things from her because she wasn’t in the higher positions of the company.

“Sometimes, it’s nice, not knowing everything going on. Look at what is going on in Washington D.C. now. That family has a moron being related to them and what history is going to say about him later.”

“I wonder what history will say about all of us?” Ivy wonders if she should ask Patricia.

“To be honest, I think it will say we did our best and we still messed up because of the people leading this country.” Jake hated the current political government they had and wished sometimes that certain people should be removed. Even if it meant bending the laws some.

Ivy just looks at him and smile. He was right to a certain extent. She still would like to know what history would say.

“Come on, we need to get back to the house and fly back to the mountain complex.” Ivy turns around to head back to the house.

“Okay, just don’t do any crazy flying as you did on the way here.” Roger follows Ivy back to the house.

He helps her stable the horses and makes sure they are feed, before driving back to the airport. They took one of the private planes Janet and her family keep at the mountain complex. She was qualified on every plane they owned. Janet made sure all her children could fly. Sure, they had private pilot’s, but Janet still wanted her children to know how.

They fly back to the mountain complex.

up
175 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

loop-de-loops

WillowD's picture

So no loop-de-loops on the first flight. I wonder if they will achieve escape velocity instead. Possibly circle the moon. Snerk.

It is

going to get harder to keep the time line straight as they hang around, assuming it isn't already band out of recognition.

Come hook or crook

Jamie Lee's picture

Trying to hide that alien ship will last only so long before some dip wad in the Government makes a claim on it. All the court orders will be in place, all the "I's" and "t's" will be crossed, and the one note that will be sung is National Security. Hopefully if they smell the odor coming they can take the ship out and hide it somewhere else.

It does pay getting away from it all for awhile, it's really needed.

Others have feelings too.