Travel Through Time and Space Part 23

Printer-friendly version

Patricia covers up another yawn as she sat at the conference table with all the scientist that she had recommended for Janet. She had been asked to come in and show them the message that the cube had programmed into it. Some of them didn’t know what to make of the message, while the other half of them were debating that it could be fake. However, when Patricia showed them the rest of the message and what the alien that was heading their way looked like.

They shut up and started brainstorming. Janet invited the Chief of Staff of the Air Force to the mountain complex. She was an old family friend of Mrs. Blake's and has always been trustworthy. She also invited the current Chief of Staff for Nasa as well.

The Chief of Staff for Nasa Kelly Huggins was amazed at the information she learned about the alien vessel and the artifacts Janet brought back from Mars. She was also shocked to learn about Patricia and her floating computer Ghost. Right, now the problem is preparing for the invasion heading their way.

They were going to need resources, supplies, and ships. However, getting every nation and government to work together will be the problem.

“You know they will want proof of this invasion.” Nicole Hader’s knew proof was going to be the one thing all of the governments will require.

“The problem is, I can’t get you that proof in the condition I’m in currently.” Patricia looks at everyone.

She had to explain how she went from being five weeks pregnant, to being six months pregnant. Luckily her daughter allowed her to drive to the mountain complex, without making her sick. She still couldn’t pilot Ghost or go above a certain speed, without feeling sick.

“Is there another pilot that we could train to use your fighter?” Nicole Hader was curious if they could train someone else to fly her fighter.

“Nope, no one can fly my fighter, except me. However, maybe we can modify one of the vectors to act as a space fighter. It wouldn’t take to long to modify them. The only thing is, they won’t be able to hyper-jump like Ghost, but they could move around in the system.” Patricia figures two of the Vectors could be modified.

“If that is the case, then we would need pilots for them.” Nicole figures she could start looking through her pilot’s and see which ones would be qualified.

“They are going to need space training. I think Nasa would be better at training them.” Patricia looks over towards Kelly.

“I can handle that.” Kelly figures that Nasa could develop a training program for them.

“Ghost and I can help you with that. Mrs. Janet can build the simulator’s they are going to need to train in.” Patricia knew whoever flew Vectors are going to need the training to handle their unique controls.

“Once we have proof that there are aliens. We could go to the United Nations and petition them to talk to their governments about helping us develop our defenses.” Janet knew it was going to take every nation working together.

“What about the public? How do we keep this from them?” Larry Howell knew it would cause problems if the public knew.

“We keep everything in house and have whoever sign up with us sign, national security disclosure forms.” Nicole figures they could still follow some military order.

The next few hours they draw up plans and guidelines for the coming forces. They finally call it quits around eleven o’clock. It was quarter after eleven o’clock when Patricia finally left the mountain complex. She could have stayed and slept in her quarters, but she promised Antonio she would be home.

She called ahead to let him know she was on the way home. The dynamics of their relationship has changed a lot since she has become pregnant. He worries about her, even though she can protect herself. She is sitting at a stoplight waiting for it to turn when she starts picking up a signal from her implant. It was on the same frequency that Ghost detected.

She tries to triangulate the signal. Instead of going straight towards Antonio’s house, she turns left instead and follow the signal to its source. She sends Ghost a signal, letting him know where she was heading and have him prepare himself for immediate takeoff.

The direction the signal was coming from, lead her out into the desert. After a few minutes, the signal stops. Patricia pulls over on the side of the road and leaves her Ferrari parked. She grabs a flashlight out of her purse and her handgun. It’s been a while since she has had a reason to use it.

She walks towards the location of the signal and couldn’t believe that all she saw was more desert.

She shines her flashlight around looking for the source of the signal. She reaches out with her ability and could detect something, but she couldn’t see it. She reaches forward with her hand, trying to detect if whatever it was, that was transmitting the signal was cloaked. After trying for fifteen minutes to locate whatever was transmitting the signal. She uses her ability to locate it, using the same signal.

Her ability locks onto it and she spots it hovering high up in the air.

“Gotcha.! Come to mommy.” Patricia makes the small cone/ball-like object come to her.

Her ability allows her to disarm all the safety devices the thing had built into it. Once it was in her hands “I wonder where you came from?”

Patricia heads back to her Ferrari and put the thing in the passenger seat. She’ll examine it later to learn its secret. She heads home and when she pulls into the driveway. She spots Antonio waiting for her as she parks the car.

“Hi, sweetie.” Patricia gets out of the car.

Antonio looks at Patricia as she gets out of her car. He still couldn’t over the fact she was carrying his baby and was six months pregnant.

“Did you forget that your pregnant and shouldn’t be chasing after things in the middle of the night?” He walks over towards her.

“Sweetie, I may be pregnant and a little awkward, but I have a fighter that can shoot the flea’s off a dog this far away like it was nothing.” Patricia knew her center of balance was off because of her belly.

“Look, Pat, you can’t be taking chances while you’re pregnant. You have to think about our daughter’s safety.” Antonio didn’t want anything to happen to their baby girl.

“I’ll try to be more careful, okay?” She places a kiss on his cheek. She had to stand on her toes to kiss him.

Antonio returns the kiss. He looks at her “what did you find while you were out tracking that signal?”

“This.” Patricia pulls the probe out of her car.

“What is that?” Antonio has never seen anything like it before.

“If I had to guess since I haven’t examined it closely. It’s a communication probe with cloaking technology.”

“Is it safe to bring into the house and for you to be holding it close to the baby?” Antonio was concerned.

“Yes, to both questions. I turned it off and disable all the safety precautions it had. It’s harmless and a little heavy as well.” Patricia had it resting against her chest.

“Here, let me carry that.” Antonio takes it from Pat.

“Thanks.”

“You’re welcome. Now get your pregnant self into the house.” Antonio grins after saying that.

“Fine, daddy.” Patricia heads inside the house with Antonio following behind her.

She heads towards the bedroom and puts on a light nightgown, while Antonio puts the probe in his home office. When he walks into the bedroom, he spots Patricia already in bed. He strips out of his clothes and lays down next to her. He spoons against her back and rest his hand on her belly.

He feels the baby kick. A smile appears on his face “maybe after this little girl is born. We should have another one, so she’ll have a sibling?”

“Sounds good to me. I know what it’s like to grow up without a brother and sister.” There were times Patricia hated not having any siblings.

up
173 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Reporting In & Siblings

Did it not occur to her that she should have reported her find to Janet right away? Any delay is too long.

I would have sold my soul to have been an only child. My brothers were all much older than me and constantly harassed me. How do you think a child feels being told repeatedly that they were an "accident" that wasn't wanted.

That's just one example.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Siblings

Yucks, I would had hated that. Then again I'm the oldest of three children myself. I found out later, that my mother lied on my birth certificate. She said she was younger then she really was.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

About that...

NoraAdrienne's picture

I was an only child with tons of cousins till I turned 12 when "mommy dearest" remarried and I found myself with a younger sister 7 years my junior and a baby brother 12 years my junior. Guess who had to change shitty diapers and baby sit? I was ready to ask if I could move back into my grandmother's house or live with an aunt or uncle.

Whose communication probe?

Jamie Lee's picture

Trying to get the Governments of the world to realize the truth of the imment invasion would be like trying to pull a lions' tooth while it's awake. But unless they do believe, anything they try to do as the invasion begins will be too little too late.

Did that prove belong to the invasion fleet, or someone else? If it belonged to the invasion fleet, and Pat was able to deactivate it, then does Pat actually know who's on their way to Earth? Or does her abilities allow her to take control of any device?

Others have feelings too.

Pat's abilities

If it is electronic, or controlled by a computer or microchip she can control it. even an organic system or even an alien device. her ability gives her the influence over he object. if the object is a cybernetics device, she can still control it. If it is part of a living thing or person, but uses some sort of electrical control, like a bio-gel. However, the more alien it is, the harder she has to work to control it. It comes down to a battle of wills if a living thing wants to fight her influence.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison