Travel Through Time and Space Part 25 (Final Chapter)

Printer-friendly version

Patricia wakes up around noontime and heads towards the bathroom. She really had to pee. The baby was resting against her bladder. She felt more rested since she found out she was six months pregnant.

Normally, she wouldn’t be so drain like she is, because of her enhanced endurance. It meant she only needed four hours of sleep. However, since her pregnancy was accelerated it taxed her body. After cleaning herself and washing her hands, she heads towards the kitchen and spotted the note Antonio left her.

She reads the note and couldn’t believe he took her Ferrari. She grabs the orange juice container out of the refrigerator and pours herself a nice tall glass. She'll go outside after drinking her juice and take a look at his truck. Maybe she could fix it for him. She turns the television on and sees if there is anything she should be aware of.

She felt Ghost search her brain about the probe she found last night. She turns the television off, as she heads into the bedroom and change into a pair of blue jeans and put on one of Antonio’s t-shirt. She spots the spare keys to the truck and heads outside to see what the problem was.

True to Antonio’s word, the starter had gone out on the truck. She accesses a Youtube video to see how you remove a starter.

She jacks the truck up some, so she can crawl underneath it to remove the starter. Some of the bolts holding the starter on were being a pain in the butt but, she manages to loosen them. She makes a mental call for an Uber driver to come by and pick her up. She slides her cellphone she had delivered to her in her back pocket and grab her bank cards. While she waits for the Uber driver, she wraps the starter up.

The driver finally shows up and he takes her to the nearest auto parts store. She feels weird letting someone else drive her. When they arrive at the auto parts store “would you mind waiting for me, while I go in and get a new starter?”

“Not at all, ma’am.” Ralph couldn’t believe the short pregnant red hair girl in the back of his car.

Ralph watches as she gets out and walks into the store. Ralph liked how her ass looked. He wouldn't mind going on a date with her.

Cathy was manning the counter when a short pregnant red hair woman comes walking up to the counter. She could see that the woman was well along in her pregnancy.

“What can I do for you, ma’am?”

“I need a new starter for a 2005 Ford F250 with a 6.0L engine.”

“Is it automatic or manual?”

“Automatic.” Pat waits while the parts clerk looks the starter up.

“We have it in stock and it will cost you $250.00 dollars.”

“That’s fine. Here’s the core.” Pat pushes the old starter towards the clerk.

Cathy goes in the back and pulls the new starter. She carries it back to the front and shows Pat the new one.

“That’s the right one.” Pat pulls her credit card from her pants pocket and hands it to the clerk.

Cathy notices everything she had to enter for the warranty was already done and approved. She looks at it and wonders how it had been completed. She runs the credit card and the charge is accepted.

“Here you go, ma’am. Have a nice day.” Pat had a smirk on her face as she picks the new starter up and walks out of the store.

“Okay, I’m back. Can you stop at the nearest Hardee’s, please?”

“I don’t allow any eating in my car, ma’am.” Ralph looks at Pat in the rearview mirror.

“That’s fine. I’ll eat the food when I get home. You know how pregnant women are.” Pat thinks about causing his car to mess up but doesn’t.

They go through Hardee’s drive-thru. She orders some food for herself and places an order for Ralph as well. Once she has her order, Ralph takes her back to where he picks her up.

Ralph drops Patricia off and gets a good tip and review from her.

Patricia eats the three roast beef sandwiches she bought, before installing the new starter on Antonio’s pickup truck. She sends a mental text to Antonio informing him his truck works now. Pat cleans up the driveway and heads inside the house. She was hot from working on the truck.

Antonio had gotten teased about driving Patricia’s Ferrari to work. Everyone wanted to know who it belonged too. Some of his friends had met Patricia and wondered how she could afford the car. All Antonio would tell them was that she was a test pilot and was very good at what she did.

He hears his cellphone going off, letting him know a text arrived. He looks at it.

“Hi sweetie, I fixed your pickup truck. Love you, Pat."

A smile appears on Antonio’s face.

The rest of the day Patricia does the dirty laundry and remakes the bed. She was in a conversation with Ghost as she worked around the house. She felt like she was going to enjoy domestic lives, instead of being in space all the time.

Antonio pulls into his driveway and notices his truck had been moved. He walks over and tries it, and it starts up right away. He cuts the truck off and smiles as he heads inside the house.

“Hi, honey. I’m home.” He smelled something delicious floating in the air.

“Hi, sweetie.” Patricia comes out of the kitchen and gives Antonio a kiss.

Antonio returns the kiss. He looks at her and could see she was in a relaxed mood.

“You look happy.”

“I am. I think I’m going to enjoy being a stay at home mother.” Patricia wasn’t going to give up flying.

“We’ll see how you feel after the baby is born.”

The two of them head into the kitchen.

up
179 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

"Final Chapter"

WillowD's picture

I hope this is another case of where this story ends but the plot threads will eventually be picked up by another story. You have so many awesome stories at this point that I'd love to read more on.

Thank you for writing this.

There's another book planned for

Patricia and the aliens from space.

garfieldwritingsf.jpg
If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it.”
― Toni Morrison

Happy days are here again...

WillowD's picture

I love LadyDragon623. She's one of my favorite author's here.

Sorry

TheCropredyKid's picture

Chanced upon this and tried to read it, but the only author i ever manage to read and enjoy who writes in nothing but present tense is Damon Runyon

 
 
 
x

Odd place

to end the story.

Endings

Sorry, but you have an irritating way of leaving a story without a ending or just dropping it off a cliff!

Cliff hanger

Hope there's a next book
Love all your books