Heroes For Hire Chp. 18

Printer-friendly version

Baloo was standing on the roof looking out around the place. He thought he saw some movement coming from directly in front of the motel. He adjusts the binoculars that Parker created for him. He spots two figures coming towards their location. One person was dressed as a soldier and was well built. The other person walking beside him looked like a humanoid wolf. He was like himself and Bruce.

He watches as they came closer to the motel. He picks up the walkie talkie they had been using “guys, we have company.”

“How many?” Bruce was curious.

“Just two for now.” That’s all Baloo could see.

“I’m on my way, Baloo. See if you can keep them occupied?” Riveraka starts heading towards the front of the motel.

Larka was walking next to Striker “do you think they know we are here?”

“Yes, they know you guys are here. They have a lookout on top of the roof of this hotel.” Stacy had jumped from one shadow to another shadow and was standing next to the motel itself.

“No one was asking you, spook.” An evil smile appears on his face.

“At least I don’t have to wear a flea collar, dog breathe.” Stacy didn’t like being called spook.

Baloo jumps down from the roof and land in between them and the motel. He looks at them and wonders who they were “who are you and why are you here?”

Stacy felt the ground shake when the bear-man landed on the asphalt in between the motel and her team. The only weapon the bear-man had
in his hand, looked like a huge double-bladed battle ax from some sort of fantasy movie.

Striker and Larka stop before the bear man “I’m Striker and this is my friend, Larka. We heard some people had escaped a hospital and came out to investigate the matter.”

“Do you work for the hospital?” Riveraka comes walking out and stands next to Baloo.

She informed Bruce and he was standing by, just in case they needed him. She had gotten Parker to make weapons for them. Baloo liked his ancient battle-ax. She had a sword that was extremely strong and a set of guns as well. Bruce had a set of guns he could use. His primary job was to protect Parker.

“No, we don’t work for the hospital. All me and my friend care about is asking you and your people to trust us and come back with us to our
place in Texas. You can meet others that are like you.”

“What do you mean like me and my friends?” Riveraka was being cautious.

“He means like me and a few others that have unique abilities.” Stacy walks out of the shadows. She figures by exposing herself, she might be
able to convince these people that they meant no harm.

Riveraka and Baloo jumped when they heard a female voice and then when they saw that female walking out of the shadows. They look at her
and notices she is wearing a tight bodysuit that outlines her body. She had on some sort of cloak and a hood that hide her face.

“We’re you thinking about ambushing us?’ Baloo was upset that someone managed to get the drop on him.

“Not unless you attacked us first.” Larka had an evil smile on his face.

“If you don’t mind me asking, where are the other two members of your group?” Striker wanted to make sure they had everyone.

“Inside, we have a ten-year-old girl with us.” Riveraka wonders if they were going to have a problem with Parker.

“All let’s go inside to talk about this. What is the name of the child?”

“Parker.”

“Is the child male or female?”

“Female, will that be a problem?”

“No, it won’t be a problem.” Stacy was glad. Charlie will have someone her age to play with.

“Follow us.” Riveraka and Baloo turn to head inside the motel.

Just as they are walking inside, gunfire erupts near them. Several bullets hit the ground near them. Stacy turns around and spots several people in SUV coming towards them.

“Guys, we have company.” Stacy swaps the magazines out of her gun with her real ammo.

Larka swaps his ammo out and prepares for combat and shooting back at the people in the SUV. He watches as Stacy starts running towards the SUV. He just shakes his head as he runs with her.

Striker watches as Larka and Stacy head towards the oncoming SUV’s.

Striker pulls his guns and switches ammo as well. He fires past Larka and Stacy. He manages to hit the windshield of one of the SUV’s coming towards them.

Stacy phases into the second SUV and knocks the driver out. She grabs the steering wheel and whips it to the left, causing the SUV to flip sideways. She phases again as she passes through the SUV. She moves away from the crashed SUV and shots the gas tank of the SUV.

Larka managed to stop the other SUV and pull several people out to interrogate. He looks down at them and noticed they had ordinary body armor on. Their weapons were M16’s.

Riveraka and Baloo watch as the three newcomers handle the two SUV’s that had been shooting at them. They were impressed by the woman and what she did. They wonder where she got her abilities.

As for the other two, they were convinced that they didn’t mean any harm to them. They wonder why these guys operated out of Texas?

“Is everything okay, out there?” Bruce was concerned because he and Parker were hearing gunfire.

“Everything is fine, Bruce. The new guys are handling a problem that has developed.” Riveraka kept watching the three individuals.

“So, why do I hear gunfire?” Bruce stands by Parker in her room.

“Because there are two black SUV’s out here firing at us.”

“Damn! You don’t think it’s set up, do you?”

“No, the group that was talking to us is fighting against them and they aren’t pulling any punches.” Riveraka watched as Larka pulls several unconscious black dress men from the damaged SUV.

“So, what is the plan?” Bruce wonders should he grab his and Parkers things.

“I’m going to take them up on their offer. That is if you and Parker don’t have a problem with it.”

“We’ll be out front in a few minutes. I’m going to miss this motel.” Bruce was getting to like having a motel to themselves.

“I know. I like it as well.” Riveraka was going to miss the motel.

Larka, Striker, and Stacy come walking back towards Riveraka and Baloo. Larka was dragging two unconscious people in black bodysuits with him. Stacy had an unconscious person she was pulling behind her as well. Striker had some gear he found in the damaged SUV’s that showed that some trackers had been placed in the people they came to investigate.

Striker holds the scanner out towards the two people in front of him and scans them. He moves it over their body until he finds where the tracker had been inserted at.

“Sir, can you hold your left arm up, please.” Striker was getting a strong reading from the bear man’s left arm.

“It’s Baloo.” As he raises his arm up.

Striker places the scanner in the armpit of Baloo. The signal beeps loud “Stacy, do you think you can remove the tracker?”

“Shouldn’t be a problem.” Stacy walks over and phases her hand into the armpit of Baloo.

She feels something that shouldn’t be there and pull it out. When she has her hand out of Baloo’s body. She opens her hand and a small clear grain of rice was laying in her hand.

“Man, they low jacked you like they do pets.” Larka has seen that device before.

Striker moves over to Riveraka and scans her body. It took a little bit longer, but he found her tracker implanted in her right breast.

“Sorry about that.” Stacy reaches inside and finds the tracker between the tissue of the breast and Riveraka’s rib cage.

“You might want to call your other members out, so we can scan them.” Striker looks at the one Stacy pulled out of Riveraka.

“Bruce, come on out with Parker. Everything is safe now.” Riveraka didn’t know that they had been tagged like pets.

Striker, Larka, and Stacy spot a humanoid tiger man walking towards them. Walking beside him was a little girl with long brown hair and wearing a pink romper.

“She looks so cute.” Stacy couldn’t believe how cute the little girl looked.

Riveraka just smiles at Stacy’s comment. Wait till she learns how old Parker really is.

“This is Bruce and his ward, Parker.”

Striker looks at Parker and Bruce “why is she your ward?”

“To be honest with you, I really don’t know. But it seems the tiger aspect of me doesn’t like being away from her too long.”

“Did the two of you know each other before you were turned into what you are now?” Larka was curious.

“No, we never met before.” Bruce looks down at Parker.

“If you don’t mind, I’m going to scan you two and see if you have been low jacked like your friends.” Striker steps in front of Bruce and scans him.

Parker watches as what she guesses is the leader of the group scans Bruce. She watches as he stops on the right-hand side of Bruce.

“I think I found it. Can you raise your right arm please?” Striker looks at Bruce.

“Sure.” Bruce’s raises his right arm.

Striker puts the scanner in his armpit, and it beeps loud “here it is. Stacy, if you would, please.”

Striker moves out of the way, so Stacy could stand where he was. Just as Stacy was reaching towards Bruce’s armpit.

“What is she doing?” Parker was curious about Stacy.

“I’m reaching inside to grab the tracker.” Stacy’s hand phases into Bruce’s body.

Parker watches with fascination as Stay’s hand goes into Bruce’s armpit. Her hand comes back out without any discomfort to Bruce.

“Do you want to see what I pulled out?” Stacy was looking down at Parker.

“Yes, ma’am.” Parker was curious.

Stacy opens her hand and exposes the same type of tracker she pulled out of Baloo and Riveraka. Parker reaches for it and holds it in her small hands. Her ability tells her everything about it. A second one forms in her hand.

“Okay, how did she do that?” Larka was curious. Striker just observed what Parker did.

“She has the ability to make or change anything that isn’t organic,” Bruce answers Larka’s question.

“That’s like Jerry’s ability.” Stacy looks at Striker.

“Who’s Jerry?” Baloo looks at Stacy for an answer.

“Jerry is another one of our teammates. You’ll meet him when we get back to the ranch.” Larka looks back at Baloo.

Striker tries to scan Parker, but the scanner goes dead. He looks at Parker “are you doing this?”

“No, sir.” Parker wasn’t using her abilities to mess with the scanner.

“She might have a secondary ability we haven’t discover yet.” Bruce was curious why the scanner wouldn’t work on Parker.

“Hopefully your ability won’t interfere with our helicopter.” Striker sends the signal to come and pick them up.

“Why don’t you go and get your things. Our ride should be here within the next few minutes.” Larka looks at the group.

“We don’t have much.” Riveraka and her group head inside the motel and gather their stuff.

Twenty minutes later, the helicopter arrives and pick them up.

up
153 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Very intresting developments

Samantha Heart's picture

It looks like Striker & his team have found new members and I'm wondering if Bruce & Parker are mates or something. Just by the way his tiger Tiger doesn't want to be too far from Parker

Love Samantha Renée Heart.