The Violinist Chapter 16

Printer-friendly version

June watches as the buildings and home pass by as Mike took her, Larry, and himself to Chantilly, Va. She has never been to Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center there. It was supposed to have a large collection of aircraft and one of the space shuttles and Apollo capsules there.

She leans forward towards the front seat. She looks at the SUV ahead of them. She couldn’t tell what year the vehicle was.

“Hey, Larry, what year do you think that SUV is?” June knew Larry was pretty good at identifying the year of a vehicle.

“I would say, 2015. It has the look for that year.” Larry was pretty sure it was from that year.

“Is this what you two do when you riding together?” Mike glances in June since she was so close.

“No, sometimes I give Larry a hand job or a blow job, while he is driving.” June had a smirk on her face.

“I doubt you do that, June. Besides, didn’t you get enough of us last night?” A smile appears on Mike’s face.

“Yes, but it doesn’t mean I wouldn’t want more.” She licks her lips.

“You have turned into a sex-starved person.” Larry has noticed a difference in June.

“I came from a very religious family, you know that. They believe a woman shouldn’t haven’t sex until they were married. That included males as well. I never knew there were so many different things out in the world. Plus, after what my brother did to me. I wish he had finished the job.”

“You still can’t be mad at your brother, June. He didn’t know it was you and he was high as a kite. The drugs he took made him angry.” Larry knew a little about what happened between June and her brother.

“It’s more than that. No matter what I did, my parents were more concerned with how my brother did in sports and school. He always got what he wanted for Christmas and his birthday, where they forgot my birthday or didn’t care enough to get me anything at all. He was always the golden child and I was a burden to them.”

June still held a grudge against her brother and her family. They only tolerated each other. She falls back against the back seat as she wipes the tears that had formed.

Larry glances back to look at June. He knew her parents tolerated her whenever she went to visit them. They didn’t approve of June becoming a female and if they knew what she was doing now. They wouldn’t allow her in their house.

It only takes them another ten minutes of driving, before they arrive at the center. June had fixed her face and was getting excited as they approached the building. Mike finds a close parking spot.

“Alright, all going ashore.” He gets out of the car, followed by Larry and finally June.

June follows behind the guys as they enter.

She had to send her small backpack through the scanner before she would be allowed to enter. She still couldn’t believe how paranoid the government was getting. Who would want to blow up a museum?

As she enters further, she spots the SR-71 Blackbird. Directly behind it was one of the space shuttles.

“Guys, look. It’s Jet Fire.” June had a smile on her face as she races down the ramp to look at the Blackbird.

“Stand beside it, so I can you in the picture.” Larry had brought a camera this time around.

“Okay.” June gives her a small backpack to Larry.

June walks over and strikes a pose next to the plane. She doesn’t cross over the lights surrounding it or put her hands on it. She liked the Black Bird.

Larry takes several pictures with June next to the plane. He has her change poses several times. A smile appears on his face, as June gives him a very silly expression when he takes her picture.

June moves over towards the display where there was the concept of transforming the Black Bird into Jet Fire. She strikes a pose for Mike to take her picture. Another display showed information about a female pilot and the diaper that had been designed for the astronauts to wear.

“Maybe we should get you some of these, June?” Larry had a teasing look on his face.

“No thanks. I’ve outgrown the baby stage of my life. That is also one thing I’m not looking for too when I get older.”

“What do you mean?” Mike was curious.

“As women get older, sometimes they have little accidents and have to wear special panty liners to absorb their leakage.”

“Doesn’t mean you will have too.” Larry was looking at another display.

“Doesn’t mean I won’t either.” June follows Larry around.

June saw that Mike was taking every angle of pictures of the space shuttle. She looks at the other aircraft on display. She was impressed by the number of aircraft and spacecraft on display.

Some of them were one-time ideas and others made trips to the moon and back. She finds another aircraft that was one of the originals the Wright Brothers built. She fills her camera memory up again taking pictures of all the aircraft. She wonders what it felt like to fly them or travel inside of them. She has never been up in an airplane before. Chantilly, Va. has been the farthest she has ever been.

“Hey guys, they have a McDonald’s here.” June spotted the McDonald’s restaurant up on the second floor.

“Cool, we can have lunch here.” Mike starts heading towards it.

Larry follows behind him as he heads towards the restaurant. He spotted June waiting for them.

“How did you get up here so fast?”

“There’s another ramp that leads to this level.” There was a teasing smile on June’s face.

June got her normal, which was two cheeseburgers, medium fries, and a medium coke. Larry and Mike pretty much order the same items.
Double cheeseburgers, large fries, and large cokes. When the total appears on the cash register, it was rather high.

“Hey, that’s not right. That’s more then we pay back home at our McD’s.” June couldn’t believe the increase in price.

“We’re inside a museum, June. Things are going to be a little more expensive.” Mike pays for their meal.

“If you ask me, it’s a rip-off. McD’s isn’t supposed to be so high.” June felt like it was, ridicules.

They get their order and head over to an empty table to eat. June watches as more people come into the restaurant and order lunch. The food tasted the same as their McD’s

She steals a few fries from Larry’s fries.

“Hey, you have your own.” Larry takes a few of hers.

“But yours taste better.” June steals a few more of Larry’s fries.

Larry takes some of hers and eats them. He couldn’t tell any difference between his and hers. They tasted the same to him.

After lunch, they stay for another hour, before heading back to their hotel.

up
158 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

"He couldn’t tell any difference"

WillowD's picture

I guess he is one of those people that can't tell how much better food tastes when it's been snatched from other people.

I wonder if he also can't tell how much better food is when other people cooked it.

Tha Airospace musuim

Samantha Heart's picture

is intresting was there in '95 Its a really cool place.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

i've not

Maddy Bell's picture

followed this from the start,

but I just dropped in to take a look.

Sorry but I won't be back for more, its not the content but the writing style or should I say lack of which gives me a headache as I have to rewrite almost every sentence in my head. Indeed its more like writers notes than a finished bit of work, a string of events ready to be properly formatted. Clearly there are other readers who can get past the juvenile writing but I'm not one of them, sorry

Mads


image7.1.jpg    

Madeline Anafrid Bell