Project: Stingray Chapter 5

Printer-friendly version

Delphine looks around her as she swims in the ocean. She wasn’t too far or too deep from Stingray, just in case she needed help. She loved being free and swimming in the ocean. She spots some fish, she hasn’t seen before in her studies or at the aquarium.

She keeps an eye out for sharks. The last thing she wanted to do is become their lunch. She continues to swim until her air tanks become to low to support her. She heads back to Stingray to recharge her air tanks. The air she pulled from the water, to provide air for Stingray and to store was enough to fill her tanks.

She swims up to Stingrays underwater airlock and enters her code for the hatch to open. Once it opens, she climbs up and closes it behind her. Once the water is pumped out and air fills the chamber. She takes her mask off and breathing regulator off as she exits from the chamber.

Delphine takes her tank over to the air hook-up and starts recharging her tank. She loved the fact she didn’t need to carry a bunch of tanks with her. She had her main tank and a back-up one. Once the tank was hooked up and being refilled, she heads up towards the cockpit. She opens the protective shutters of Stingray, so she can see if anyone discovered her.

So, far no one has managed to penetrate the cloaked that hides Stingray. She loved the fact that the technology is so simple to use. She knows the military would love to get their hands on that technology. They could sneak right up to their target enemy and no one would be no wiser.

Delphine checks the time and notices she has been underwater for a while. She looks up in the sky to see if any storm clouds were moving and were thankful there wasn’t any. She grabs the container that her salad is in and sit back in her seat to enjoy a small lunch. She was planning on going back into the water after she eats.

The marine radar aboard stingray, lets her know something is heading her way. She brings the cameras online and lookout in the direction the object was coming from. It was a fishing boat and it looked like they were out fishing for Mackerels or Tuna. She watches the boat as it comes to a stop and the four guys onboard drink and fish at the same time.

Delphine waits at least thirty minutes, before grabbing her diving tank and slip back into the water. She makes sure to avoid where the boat was fishing. She spots a few more fishes she hasn’t seen before and take pictures of them. As she was still swimming around, she notices a few sharks moving into the area. She swims back to Stingray and enters back in through the diving chamber.

Once she is inside. She hooks her tank back up and heads towards the cockpit. She opens the shutters and train the cameras on the boat and notice they were pouring fish guts and such into the water.

“Pricks! You morons are calling the sharks to this area.” She starts Stingray up and slowly moves, so as not to disrupt the cloaking effect.

Once she is a good distance away, she increases Stingray’s speed and lifts up out of the water. She loves when Stingray goes into hydrofoil mode. She saw another boat that could hold eight people and could go from hydrofoil to submarine. The problem with it, it couldn’t go as deep as Stingray or as fast as he is capable of.

Delphine finds another spot to do some diving and leaves Stingray for a while to do some more exploring. She continues diving till the air in her tanks run out again and head back to Stingray. She noticed while she was underwater that it was getting dark.

Once she was in Stingray, she sits up front in the cockpit and enjoys the sunset. She so misses watching the sunset, when she was stationed aboard a ship and out at sea. Delphine pulls out a package of trail mix and sit and enjoy them. During the night, Delphine climbs out on Stingray and watch the stars overhead. She so loved the ocean with all the things it does.

A little after one in the morning, she goes back inside Stingray, where it was nice and cool. She leans her seat all the way back and falls asleep. Delphine missed the rocking of the waves when she slept. She drifts off to sleep. As she drifts off, she dreams of bringing Tom with her next time and make out under the stars while out at sea.

Delphine is woken up by rough seas. She lifts her seat back into its upright position and opens the shutter that protects the front glass. She couldn’t believe how nasty it was outside of Stingray.

She was getting bounced around by huge waves. Just as she was about to leave, she was picking up an SOS coming in over the radio. Delphine tunes into the frequency “this is Delphine aboard the Stingray. What is your emergency?”

Delphine waits a few minutes, letting the person reply back.

“I repeat, what is your emergency?”

“This is Ted aboard the Flying Marlin. My engines are out and I and my family are being bounced around in this storm.”

Delphine locks onto the emergency signal coming from the Flying Marlin. They weren’t that far from her and according to her radar, she was the closest ship to them.

“Alright Ted, I’m on my way to you.” Delphine programs the course in her navigation computer and dives underwater to avoid the rough waves.

She increases Stingrays speed and tries to get to them as fast as she can. The navigation computer lets her know she has arrived. She surfaces nearby and spots the small cabin cruiser, bouncing up and down in the ocean.

Ted was out looking for the person he spoke too and spots a strange shape submarine surface near his boat. He couldn’t believe the design of it. He figures it must be military.

Delphine grabs some rope and leaves Stingray through his diving chamber. She swims down under him and towards his tail section. She attaches one end of her rope to one of his concealed connection. She was glad Stingray used water jet technology, instead of a propeller.

Once the rope was hooked to Stingray, she swims over to the cruiser and climbs up out of the water with the tow line. She spots the guy standing under the canopy. She could see his family watching him from inside the cabin.

“Hi, I’m Delphine. I need to tie this off to the front of your boat. I’ll tow you and your family back to shore.”

“Okay, do you need any help?” Ted looked at the woman. She was short and cute, even with her hair plastered against her head.

“I’ll be okay. I’m used to this.” Delphine walks forward towards the front of the boat.

The waves didn’t bother her. She works her way to the front and hooks the line on.

“Alright, get ready to be pulled and let me know if any problems develop.” Delphine dives off the front of the boat and swims back to Stingray. She reenters through the same way she exited.

She turns the rear view cameras on and swings around to get in front of the boat. She picks up the mike “get ready to accelerate.”

“Roger.” Ted braces himself.

Delphine increases power to Stingrays thrusters and starts moving forward. She keeps the power study as she pulls the boat. She plots a course back to shore.

Ted couldn’t believe what he was seeing as him and his family was being pulled. The line was tight and the strange-looking submarine was sitting low in the water. It was riding the waves like its namesake. It takes them a while to arrive back to shore and to the nearest dock. It was still stormy when Delphine comes out and unhook the line from the boat.

“Well, your safe and sound now. Good luck on getting your boat back up and running.”

“Thank you.”

“You’re welcome.” Delphine spots Ted’s family waving to her, as she heads back to Stingray.

She heads back to her families private pier and secure Stingray, after shutting him down. She heads up to the house, where her mother was waiting for her.

“Is everything okay with Stingray?” Nicole was worried about her daughter. She should have been home earlier.

“Everything is fine with Stingray, mom. I had to tow a family back to shore. The motor on their boat had gone out on them and they put out an SOS. Since I was close, I towed them back.”

“I am so proud of you.” Nicole hugs Delphine.

Delphine returns the hug “thanks, mom.”

up
238 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Yay!

WillowD's picture

I'm glad this story hasn't been dropped. I like this one.

Its good she helped

Samantha Heart's picture

The family, but word will soon spread & then here comes the military demanding Stingray & ALL his technology

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Looks

like our heroine has made new friends for life.

Helping good, but...

Jamie Lee's picture

Delphine has built something many would love to get their hands on, both legal and illegal.

That family was in trouble and needed help, but now know the existance of Stingray. And that knowledge isn't going to stay just with them.

Someone working on that boat engine will ask how they got back to shore, and if the dad just says they got a tow and let's it go at that, then Stingray is still safe. But if he talks about the craft that towed his boat, then trouble has started.

Others have feelings too.