Family Business Part 14

Printer-friendly version

“Okay, now that everyone is here. Why don’t you tell us everything about this case?” Gina looks at Marshal Weather.

Marshal Weather takes a deep breath as he stands up from the sectional sofa he had been sitting. He was surprised by how many people had shown up from Mouse’s phone call. From what he has learned so far about the people that have shown up. Is that they were either related to Mouse or worked for her uncle.

“Zoey’s father use to laundry and invest money for criminal organizations and crime lords. One of his clients is a member of the Osman family. Abdulmejid found out that Zoey’s father was laundering money for some of his competitors.”

“And he wanted the money?” Gina could see where this was heading.

“Yes, but what he didn’t know, was Zoey’s father was also siphoning money from all the clients he was working for.” Marshal Weather had learned about that bit of information.

“Which means he wants the account number and the information on the other clients.” Anika looks at Marshal Weather.

“So, why come after Zoey? That’s the part I don’t understand.” Lilly couldn’t figure that out.

“Because Zoey predicted what was going to happen and put it into a painting.” Marshal Weather shows the painting Zoey did. He had brought it downstairs to show everyone.

“Aw!” Lilly looked at the painting and noticed the men involved in the killing of Zoey’s father.

“But why didn’t Zoey warn her father?” Aylin looks at Zoey when she asks that question.

Zoey starts signing to Aylin. “Because he didn’t believe in her abilities. He thought she was crazy and was making things up.”

“Hey, I’m the only crazy one here. No one has the right to claim that title.” An evil smile appears on Aylin.

Shade wraps his arms around Aylin and pulls her against him. Aylin was sitting on his lap during this briefing.

“You’re not crazy sweetie, you’re just freaking nuts.” He places a kiss on her cheek.

Gina just shakes her head at Shade's comment. She looks back towards Marshal Weather “okay, that’s problem one. Problem two is what?”

“Every safehouse I have taken Zoey to, we have been attacked at. The only one where that has not happened is here. I haven’t let anyone know where I have gone too.”

“That means there is a mole in your office feeding information to Abdulmejid. That’s the only way they would know where you are, besides tagging you.” Dakota has been known to use that tactic before.

“True, so we will use that to our advantage, but we can’t do it here in Alexandra. The city is too crowded.” Gina takes her pad out of her purse and looks up the property her father owned in this area.

She finds a converted garage that had been turned into exercise business. Her father hadn’t hired anyone yet to run the business.

“Dad just bought some property not far from here. He hasn’t done anything with it yet. So, we can use it to set a trap for the merc’s.” Gina looks at the layout and it would be perfect.

“Don’t forget Gina, we still need to capture Abdulmejid as well.” Anika knew they needed to arrest him as well.

“I haven’t.”

“What do you have in mind, Gina?” Dakota was curious about the plan.

“We lure the mercs to the warehouse and take them out. Afterward, we arrest Abdulmejid and find out who the mole is in the Marshal’s office.”
Gina knew there were some holes in her plan, but Abdulmejid has never dealt with a Bounty before.

“Do I get to do the torture?” Aylin was rubbing her hands together because had some ideas.

Anika just shakes her head at her daughter’s comment. She knew Aylin loved to either fry men’s testicles or shock them with her cattle prod.

“Yes, you get to have some fun, Aylin.” Gina smiles at her cousin.

“One question, what is going to happen to us? While you guys are doing this?” Lilly was concerned about her and the kid’s safety.

“You’re going to remain here with my cousin, myself, and Marshal Weather. Abdulmejid and his men don’t know about this place and between
the three of us, we are capable of protecting you.” Gina wishes there was another building they could use.

“I’ll stay as well, Gina.” Anika looks at her niece.

“Alright.” Gina didn’t mind her aunt staying and helping. She was trying to protect what Mouse was capable of doing.”

“There’s still the problem of finding the mole.” Marshal Weather looks at Gina.

“No there isn’t Mr. Weather. I’m going to give access to my father’s communication satellites to my cousin. She can monitor any outgoing calls from the US Marshal office.”

“That isn’t going to be possible. All the communication from the US Marshal office is encrypted.”

A smile appears on Gina’s face “I know.”

Marshal Weather just looks at Gina and wonders how she knew. He just looked at Gina with a dumbfounded look on his face.

“So, which car am I driving?” Shade looks at Gina.

“Since they know what Mouse’s car looks like. You’ll be driving that one with Aylin looking like Zoey.”

“Wraith and I will be backing you up.” Dakota liked the plan already.

“Just try not to hit me with those missiles of yours.” Mark looks at Dakota. He knew what Wraith was capable of.

“I never miss.”

For the rest of the meeting, Gina fills in what the rest of the plan is.

up
173 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I like it already.

Samantha Heart's picture

Hatter doing the MAIN integration while the IMPORTANT people are protected & wrath to get some revenge as well. Now enter Morgana & her crew. The mole will NEVER know what hit them.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Get out the mops

Jamie Lee's picture

Oh boy, those mercs are going into a meat grinder. And they don't know it, yet.

Too bad the wolfs aren't there, they get a free meal.

Others have feelings too.