Family Business Part 1

Printer-friendly version

“So, where are you going on vacation, Mouse?” Diana looks at her friend as she packs.

“New York, New York. My Uncle Jack has an apartment I can stay in while I’m there and my Aunt Anika is going to pick me up at the airport.” Mouse has never been on vacation by herself and she was surprised that the Chief of the Secret Intelligence Service was allowing her to go to America.

She was also surprised that her mother was allowing her to go as well. She thought her mother would be against her leaving England, but her mother surprised her. Not only was she allowing her to leave England, but she was the one that contacted her uncle and aunt.

She wasn’t taking the family jet. She was flying commercially and first-class from England to New York. She paid for the ticket with her own money. She also had a lot of time saved up, so she was going to take some of it and explore America for a few weeks.

Mouse looks up and over towards her friend “why don’t you come with me? We could have fun together.”

“I wish I could, but my work won’t allow me to take off all of sudden. I have to put in a request, two months in advance.” Diana would love to travel to America with her friend.

“I could ask my mother to talk with your boss.” Mouse knew no one refused the Countess when she made a request.

“That’s okay. Maybe you can come with me to Spain this summer instead.” Diana loved Spain. Her family went every year for vacation.

“I should still have some time off saved up. I have to know where you are going and for how long, so I can let my boss know.” She needed to know because she had to let the director know where she was.

“When you come back, I’ll give you the information. So, are you all packed?” Diana was going to drive Mouse to the airport.

Mouse looks at the five pieces of luggage she had packed. She had her carry-on bag with her laptop and two spare sets of clothing. Her gun was in a locked carry case. She wasn’t going to carry it, but her mother suggested she should take it with her. After all, she was the cyber expert for MI 6, and she was licensed to carry. Mouse knew, even if she didn’t want to carry her gun, her uncle or aunt would have one she could use while in New York.

“Yeah, I’m all pack and ready to go.” Mouse was set to go.

Her flight wasn’t till tomorrow morning. She walks over to her closet and finds a dress to change into. She strips out of the clothes she has on currently and slip on her dress.

“Can you please zip me up, Diana?” She walks over to her friend.

“Sure.” Diana zips Mouse’s dress up.

“Thanks. Let’s go and enjoy ourselves tonight.” Mouse grabs her purse and the car keys to her new mini countryman SUV.

Her mom finally allowed her to buy whatever car she wanted. She could have bought one of the more luxury cars or a sports car from the money she had saved up. But instead, she bought a mini cooper SUV.

Mouse was ready to party. She and her friend Diana go to some of their favorite night clubs. Both ladies watch their drinks. They didn’t feel like being drugged and taken advantage of. As they are about to walk into club, Jack.

“Hey Diana, what are you and your friend doing here?” Joey and his pal Nathan had spotted Diana and some emo colored hair girl waiting in line.

“Waiting to go inside the club. Why don’t you and your friend come up and join us, Joey.” Diana had a playful smile on her face.

Mouse just gives her friend a dirty look. She still felt uncomfortable around males that she didn’t know. Even after the years, she has been living with Countess Basset, she still has nightmares from what was done to her. They aren’t as bad as they use to be, but she still had them.

Joey and Nathan walk up to where Diana and Mouse are standing in line. Mouse stays close to her friend Diana.

“So, how long have you ladies been standing in line?” Joey was curious.

“At least twenty minutes so far. How about you guys?” Diana looks at Joey.

“A little longer than the two of you.” Joey and Nathan had stopped at the nearest pub to have a few drinks.

After a while, the four of them make it inside the club. They get a table together and order a few drinks. Joey escorts Diana out on the dance floor. Mouse looks over towards Nathan “if you see someone you would like to dance with. Go ahead and ask them.”

“How about you?” Nathan has been looking at Mouse since they met.

“You don’t want to dance with me. I have two left feet.” Mouse didn’t want to dance with someone she didn’t know.

“Well, I just can’t leave you here by yourself. Come on out on the floor with me and I’ll make sure you don’t look foolish.” Nathan was going to try to get Mouse out on the floor.

Mouse looks at Nathan and some advice her mother gave her, comes back to haunt her. She can’t be afraid to let her guard down and enjoy herself.

“Alright, you win.” Mouse gets up and heads out to the dance floor with Nathan.

The next few hours, Diana and Mouse dance the night away with Nathan and Joey. Mouse relaxes some and enjoys herself. When it starts getting late, Diana and Mouse head towards the townhouse her mother has in London.

Five hours later, the alarm in Mouse’s bedroom goes off. She slaps it and sits up and looks at the clock. It was four in the morning and she had just gone to bed a few hours ago. She gets up and starts getting dress. She checks on Diana to make sure she was up. Diana was her, ride to the airport.

Mouse knocks on the guest room door “come on Diana, it’s time to get up.”

Diana wakes up from Mouse knocking on the door. She squints at her cellphone to see what time it is.

“Alright, I’m getting up.” Diana gets up and starts getting ready. She could always come back to the townhouse and go back to bed. Countess
Basset gave her permission to use the townhouse.

An hour later, Mouse was dropped off at the airport and pass the security checkpoint. She could have used her MI 6 credentials to by-pass the checkpoint, but she doesn’t. Once she was passed the security checkpoint and was waiting to board.

She makes sure she has her passport and ticket. Normally, she wouldn’t worry about such things when she took the family jet. She wanted to experience flying commercially. After a while, the plane she is on start boarding. A middle-aged businessman sits down next to her. She had seen him give her a glance when he first approached.

She just smiles at him. She didn’t care what people thought of her looks. She liked her unique style and she wasn’t going to change it. That was one thing that set her aside from the rest of the royal family.

For the next five hours, she naps. Mouse knew New York was five hours behind England. Her flight was scheduled to land around seven in the morning. She is woken up by the flight attendant.

Mouse looks out her window and watches as the plane comes in for a landing. She has never been out of England before except, with her mother when they went to Scotland to visit some relatives. She feels the plane touch down. She waits for people to stay departing before she grabs her carry-on and follows behind a family with two children.

It doesn’t take her long as she heads to retrieve her luggage, that she spots a young woman with red hair holding up a cardboard sign with a sexy female mouse woman holding up a British flag. Standing next to her was a black-haired young man dressed in a business suit, looking like Blade from the movies.

Hatter had spotted the young woman they had been sent to pick-up by her mother. She had drawn the female mouse person with Shade’s help. She found that she was pretty good at drawing things. Which surprised her and Anika.

Angel and her parents were in Texas working for Bart. Angel kept in touch with her, just like she does with Laila and Julie. The girls consider her to be their big sister. As for herself and Shade, they were helping their local shelter, along with the rest of their parkour group.

She was also covering her face up with a foundation that matches her skin tone. She would have to spend hours to have the white ink and make-up that covers her face removed. So, instead of having it lasered off her face, she decided to use make-up to make herself look normal.

Mouse just shakes her head back and forth. She wonders where her aunt was and who these two people are. She walks over to them “were you sent by my aunt?”

“Yes, and Anika said just in case you don’t believe us. Your mother is the Countess Basset and if we allowed anything bad to happen to you.
We will have to answer to the whole MI 5 & 6 organization. I’m more afraid of what your Uncle Jack would do to me.” Shade had lowered his sunglasses to look at Mouse.

“Not me, Uncle Jack is a big lovable teddy bear.” Aylin looks at Mouse with a smile on her face.

“That would make you my cousin. Who’s your mother.” Mouse was curious.

“Anika Jagger. She’s your youngest aunt. Also, I’m Aylin Jagger, and here is my boyfriend Jeff White, aka Shade.”

“You can call me Mouse. I hate using my formal title.” Mouse hated going by her title when she is around the royal family.

“Why? What is it?” Aylin was curious.

“Lady Mouse Basset. Just as you would be Lady Aylin Green, Aylin.” Mouse knew Hatter’s lineage.

“Well, I’m not part of that family. It has been passed onto my step-mother and step-brother.” Aylin didn’t want to have anything to do with her birth family.

Shade looks at Aylin “you never said you had a step-brother.”

Aylin looks at Shade “the only reason he is related to me is that my poor excuse of a father declared me dead and remarried. That way he could have a son.”

Shade and Aylin help Mouse gather up all her luggage. Shade carts it out to his Lincoln Continental and loads it into the trunk. Aylin and Mouse offer to help, but he doesn’t let them.

“So, where are we off too?” Mouse gets in the back of the town car.

“Our instruction is to take you to the apartment and help you settle in. Then, around two o’clock, we’re to meet my mother at Delmonico’s for
lunch.” Aylin was looking at the instructions on her cellphone.

After thirty minutes, they arrive at the building where the apartment was located. The underground parking lot was coded, so Shade enters the code and enters the parking lot.

“I’ll go up and check the apartment out.” Aylin walks over to the elevator and enters the apartment code.

“I’ll come with you.” Mouse runs over to Aylin.

“Oh thanks, I thought you ladies were going to help me.” Shade looks at Mouse and Aylin.

“I’ll be back down to help you, sweetie.” Aylin smiles at him.

Mouse enters the elevator and holds it open for Aylin. Aylin gets in and stands next to Mouse as they ascend upwards to the proper floor. Aylin looks at Mouse “so, what exactly do you do for the British government, Mouse?”

“I can’t tell you, Aylin.” Mouse hopes Aylin understands.

“Okay, I can understand that. How did you become the Countess daughter?” Aylin was curious about that.

“Well, she busted me for hacking into the camera network in England. Then, when I was shot by my former mates. I went to the hospital and needed blood because of my wounds. The thing is, I have a rare blood type. The Countess gave me her blood because we have the same rare blood type and adopted me as her daughter. She knew I wasn’t a bad person and I had no choice in what I did.”

The elevator stops and opens onto the floor. They step out and notices that there was only one door on the floor.

“Okay, I guess you have the whole floor to yourself.” Aylin wonders if there were any hidden doors.

“Well, I’m going back down to help, Shade.”

“Okay, I’ll see you when you come back up.” Mouse watches as the elevator closes and heads back down.

She manages to find the access panel that would let her into the apartment. It had a palm scanner and a retinal scanner. She leans in to let it scan her eye after the palm scanner scans her hand. There was one last test for her. The question was Jerry is what type of animal? A.) Dog, B.) A Cat, C.) A Frog or D.) A Mouse.

“Jerry is D.) A Mouse.” A smile appears on her face.

A little flap opens and a key with a wolf head drops out. Mouse catches the key before it falls to the floor. She shuts the flap and locates where she needs to put the key.

Mouse opens the door to the apartment and couldn’t believe how nice the place looked. She walks inside and turns the lights on. The room she was in, looked to be the main living room. She steps in further and looks around some more.

Before she could explore any further, there is a knocking sound coming from the door. Mouse turns around and heads back to the door. She notices on the small screen near the door, that it was Shade and Aylin with her things.

Mouse opens the door and steps aside “sorry guys. Here let me help you.”

Mouse takes a few of her bags from Shade and carries them into the living room. She watches as Aylin and Shade bring the rest into the apartment. Once they were inside the apartment.

Mouse, Aylin, and Shade take the bags into the master bedroom. They lay them out on the bed and open all of them.

“So, where do we start first?” Aylin looks towards Mouse.

“Hand me my underwear, nightgown, socks, and pantyhose first. Also, Shade, can you put my shoes in the closet, please?”

“Sure, by the way. Why did you bring so many shoes with you?” Shade couldn’t believe how many shoes Mouse packed.

“Well, I was planning on going out and that requires nice shoes for that. Plus, I like running, so I brought two pairs of jogging shoes. I was also thinking about catching a few Broadway shows. Which, I already bought my tickets for.” Mouse had already planned her agenda, while she was in New York.

Aylin hands Mouse all her undergarments. She liked the ones Mouse had brought with her. She could tell they came from a high dollar store.

By the time everything was put away, it was ten o’clock in the morning. Mouse was feeling a little hungry and thirsty. She heads towards the kitchen to see if the place had any food in it.

“Wow! Uncle Jack knows how to stock the place for my visit.” Mouse was impressed by how well stock the place was.

“Yeah, this is my first time seeing this.” Aylin has never been in one of her uncle’s safe houses before.

“You have never been in one of your uncle’s safe houses before, Aylin?” Shade looks at his girlfriend.

“Nope! Uncle Jack has never let me know where any of his safe houses are.” Aylin wonders should she ask her mother or her uncle where they were.

“I wonder why?” Shade wonders why Mr. Bounty hasn’t told Aylin where they were.

“Well, don’t feel bad about not knowing. Even I don’t know where all my mother’s or the family’s safe houses are in England or anywhere else.” Mouse only knew the location of two safe houses.

“Look, if you’re hungry. Why don’t we go to the alley? You’ll like the place and it has a nice diner there.” Shade figures Mouse would fit right in with her emo color hairstyle.

“Sounds good.” Mouse grabs her purse and thinks about taking her gun but leaves it behind instead.

If there was any trouble, she knew Hatter and Hatter’s boyfriend could handle it. Plus, she would have to carry her MI 6 identity card. She locks the place up and follows Shade and Aylin back down to Shade’s Lincoln Town car.

“How long are you on vacation, Mouse?” Shade glances in the rearview mirror at Mouse.

“I’m taking three weeks off. I was told if I didn’t, I would lose the time.” Mouse had been informed by her supervisor that she needed to use her time.

“Isn’t that going to hurt your department?”

“Yes and no. Several other people in my department can cover for me. Plus, it will do my supervisor some good to sharpen his skills. If they need me, they can call me, and I can log on and handle the problem.” Mouse’s laptop was specially set up for what she needed.

After thirty minutes, they arrive at the meat market. Shade heads towards a large warehouse and pulls inside. One side of the building was for cars and the other side was for motorcycles, bicycles, and scooters. He finds a parking spot and parks the Lincoln.

Mouse had been paying attention to where they were heading. She was a little concerned when they arrived down near the meat market. She did some homework about New York, to learn what areas she should avoid.

“We’re here.” Shade turns the Lincoln off.

“What, a big warehouse with a bunch of vehicles?” Mouse gets out of the Lincoln.

“Yea of little faith.” Shade leads Mouse and Aylin towards the back of the warehouse.

They come to a closed door. Shade walks up to the door and knocks on it three times. He waits and knocks two more times. The door opens
“Ladies, I give you the Alley.”

Mouse watches as Aylin walks in first. She follows behind her with Shade bring up the rear. She could hear music and a lot of noise. When she enters, she spots a lot of people mingling and socializing with one another.

“What is this place?” Mouse looks towards Shade and Aylin.

“Where you can come and be yourself, buy information, and interact with others like yourself.” Shade loved the Alley.

They keep heading towards the back right-hand corner of the place. As they are walking towards the diner, a white-haired girl wearing a pair of inline skates comes towards them.

“Shade! Where have you been?” The girl comes to a stop before she bumps into Aylin.

“Streaks, what are you doing here, instead of school?” Shade knew streaks were still in high school.

“I dropped out. I wasn’t learning anything, anyway. So, who’s the Mad Hatter wannabe and the newbie?” Streaks look at the other two women standing near Shade.

“What do you mean, Mad Hatter wannabe? There’s only one Mad Hatter and that is me.” Aylin didn’t like being called a fake.

“She’s right, Streak. That’s the one and only Mad Hatter Aylin. As for this young lady here, she’s a visitor from England and my guest.” Shade motions to Mouse.

Mouse looks at the young girl standing near her. She had long white hair tied back in a ponytail that came halfway down her back, a yellow set of hi-tech looking goggles that wrapped around her head. She was wearing a dark blue tight-fitting catsuit, that covered her from her neck, all the way down to the inline skates she was wearing.

The skates themselves look to be of a hi-tech design. They weren’t normal inline skates either. She wonders where she got the outfit and skates.

Streak looks at the woman from England and wonders who she was. She had nice hair coloring and hairstyle. The clothes she was wearing looked to be of high quality as well. The boots along look to be worth a lot of money.

“Do you mind if I hang with you guys?”

“Sure, come on. Have you eaten anything this morning?” Shade knew Streak came to form a poor family.

“No.” Streak was feeling a little hungry. She hadn’t had anything since yesterday morning.

“Then you can join us for breakfast.” Aylin escorts Streak to the diner.

A young waitress shows up and takes their order. Mouse decides to try a Western omelet. Aylin gets her normal, which is biscuit and gravy. Shade has French toast. Streak orders a stack of pancakes with bacon.

“So, Streak, what is your real name?” Mouse looks at the young girl.

“I prefer not to give it out. What is your name?” Streak was curious about the emo color hair girl.

“Mouse Basset.” Mouse watches Streaks face. She notices that Streak has bright blue eyes.

“No way. Did your mother hate you or something?” Streak couldn’t believe Mouse’s name, was Mouse.

“No, it’s a long story about my name. However, I could have changed it when I was adopted, but I didn’t want to, and my adopted mother didn’t mind me keeping my name.”

Aylin looks at Mouse and wonders why Countess Basset didn’t insist that Mouse change her name. Then again, Anika could have insisted that she removed the white from her face and such.

“Well, it's unique.” Shade wonders how the people Mouse works with delt with her name.

Their waitress brings their food to the table after a while. She makes sure everyone gets the proper plate and refills they might want. Just before she walks off, she double checks that everything is to their liking.

Mouse looks down at her food “well, here goes nothing.” As she cuts into the omelet.

“I know, it tastes good, doesn’t it?” Aylin looks at Mouse as she ate.

“Yes. There is nothing like this in England.” Mouse had to admit, she was enjoying the omelet.

Shade notices Streak wolfing down the stack of pancakes. He knew it wasn’t often that she got a full meal. He wonders if he and Aylin should do something to help her family out.

After the four of them finish breakfast, Aylin looks at Streak “Streak, why don’t you spend the day with us?”

“If you don’t mind.” Streak didn’t mind.

Her grandmother was in the hospital for treatment and her father was at work. He wasn’t happy that she dropped out of school. After she told him what she did, he didn’t say anything to her. He just went to his bedroom and shut the door.

Streak follows Shade, Aylin, and Mouse out to a Lincoln. She heard that Shade had gotten a new car.

“Streak, you said others were claiming to be. How many are there, and do you know where I can find them?” Aylin doesn’t like people pretending to be her.

“There are at least four others, claiming to be you, as for where you can find them. I know where two of them normally hang around, the third I think hangs around in Central Park and the last one. I’m not sure.” Streak has only met them a few times, but she had contacts all over New York.

“I’m going to have to visit them.” Aylin didn’t like people impersonating her.

Once everyone finishes breakfast. Shade and Aylin introduce Mouse to some of their friends. Streak was impressed that Aylin and Shade knew so many people in the Alley.

“So, now that you are feed, what would you like to do next?” Aylin glances at Mouse as they walk back to the town car.

“I wouldn’t mind visiting the American Museum of Natural History.” Mouse was planning on visiting that Museum.

“Alright, Aylin and I have a few things we have to do. So, we can drop you off to explore it and just call us when your ready to be picked up.” Shade figures, Mouse wanted to be on her own for a while.

“Sounds like a plan.”

Shade drops Mouse off near the Museum. He makes sure she has his and Aylin’s cell phone number. Shade drives off, leaving Mouse near
the museum.

Mouse was glad to be on her own. She hadn’t planned on spending time with her cousin and her boyfriend. She starts walking towards the museum. Her mother had suggested she broaden her horizon and knowledge. She glances at her wristwatch, which was custom made for her.
It had a humanoid mouse person with her arms acting as the timepieces. The numbers were in Gaelic and shaped out of rubies. Her mother gave it to her as a birthday gift.

She walks into the museum and starts browsing the artwork and artifacts. She loved ancient history ever since her adopted mother started taking her to the museums in England. She spends several hours inside the museum before she has to go and meet her Aunt Anika for lunch.

The restaurant they meet at was nice. It was high class and when she walked inside the place. She notices most of the patrons were dressed in business suits and such. The hostess was an older mixed-race woman. She looked to be of Mediterranean ancestry.

“How can I help you, ma’am?” Safiya looks at the young emo colored hair teenage girl standing before her.

The clothes she was wearing looked expensive, but her hair was colored a bright neon blue, flowing into a neon purple color. She also had a British accent when she spoke to her.

“Yes, I’m here to meet my aunt for lunch.” Mouse didn’t see her aunt yet.

“Your aunt’s name?” Safiya knew most of the patrons that came to the restaurant.

“Anika Jagger.” Mouse noticed the hostess and several patrons were judging her because of her hair coloring.

She was used to it, considering she got judged by her royal cousins and people she worked with. So, it was nothing new to her.

Safiya looks at Mouse and wonders how this young lady was related to Mrs. Jagger. She has known Mrs. Jagger for several years now and has seen some of the people she was either related to or worked with. Just as she was about to ask Mouse a question.

“Mouse, I’m sorry I’m late.” Anika spotted her niece just as she walked into the restaurant.

She walks up and hugs Mouse. She steps back to look at her niece.

“It’s okay, Aunt Anika. I just got here myself. Aylin, Shade, and a friend of theirs dropped me off.”

“If you ladies would follow me, please.” Safiya grabs two menus and escorts Anika and Mouse to a table.

She hands them their menus after they have sat down.

“Thank you, Safiya.” Anika smiles at Safiya. She watches as she walks off.

“I don’t think she approves of me or believed I was your niece.” Mouse looks at her aunt.

“Well, you do stick out with that unique hair coloring of yours. Most companies here in the US would make you change it or fire you over it.” Anika knew that the dress code at her office wouldn’t allow it.

“Well, that would be their loss. I think a lot of the rules and regulations US companies have are too barbaric and restricting. It’s like they want
drones, instead of free-thinking people. Plus, it gets boring seeing the same hairstyle over and over again on everyone in the office.”

Anika just smiles at her niece’s comments. After a while, their waitress shows up. Anika notices her name was Anne.

“What would you ladies like to drink?” Anne looks at the two women sitting at her table.

One looked like she could be in her late thirties and the other one looked like she was in her late teens, early twenties. She also had neat hair coloring.

“Sweet, iced tea for me please.” Anika already knew what she wanted to eat.

“I would like, a Long Island Iced Tea, please.” Mouse figures she would try an alcoholic drink.

“I need to see your Id, ma’am.” Anne didn’t think the multi-color hair teen was old enough to drink.

“Certainly.” Mouse pulls out her International Driving Permit (IDP) and shows it to their waitress.

Anne accepts it and looks over it. She notices the young woman just turned twenty-one. She hands the driver's license back to Mouse. She couldn’t believe the young woman’s name was Mouse and that she was from England. Anne turns to leave to place their drink orders.

“Does your mother know you are drinking now?” Anika knew Aylin could drink like a fish.

“Does she already know? Heck, my mother and Uncle Sheamus took me out to their favorite pub and got me toasted. Uncle Sheamus was drinking like he was a fish. Nothing seemed to affect him.”

“That sounds like Uncle Sheamus. How about your mother?” Anika has never had drinks with her older sister.

“Mom showed me a few tricks to make it look like I was drinking more than I was. Also, how to protect my drinks from being spiked.”

“That is something we women have to worry about. I know a few women who went out and were raped because someone spiked their drinks.” Anika had a few female friends who had been taken advantage of.

Anne comes back with their drink orders and places them on the table. She pulls her order pad out “have you ladies decided what you would like to order?”

“Yes, we have. I would like the chicken salad with oil and vinegar.” Anika was going to have a light lunch.

“And I would like your New York strip, cooked medium-well done. I would like a baked potato with onions and mushrooms on my steak.”
Mouse closes her menu.

Anika hands the menu’s to Anne.

Anne accepts them, as she turns to walk away to place their order.

“So, what is your agenda while you’re in New York?” Anika takes a sip of her tea.

“Well, I bought a few tickets to a few Broadway shows and I want to see some more museums and visit the Lady Liberty statue. Then, I was thinking about going to Boston for a few days. Maybe visit Washington D.C. as well.”

“Are you planning on driving or flying?”

“Driving. Mom spoke with Uncle Jack and he gave me an address where I can pick up a car to drive, while I’m here.”

“He must be sending you to see, Ralph Higgins. Ralph sells high-end cars for Jack and maintains your uncle’s collections of cars as well.” Anika has met Ralph. He was a nice guy and friendly as well.

“How organized is Uncle Jack over here?” Mouse was curious about that.

“Who knows. I don’t think even Gina and Julia know how organized their father is.”

“Okay, where do you and your team operate out of?” Mouse had been curious about that.

“Here in New York. Terry has an automotive business, Elizabeth is doing her residence here in New York, her wife is pregnant with their children.”

“How about Bart? Does he live here in New York?”

“Nope, Bart owns an oil business given to him by his uncle in Texas. The two young girls we rescue have been adopted by Bart and his wife and are being spoiled.” A smile appears on Anika’s face.

“I take it you and Aylin live here in New York as well?”

“Yep. I adopted Aylin as my daughter. She and Shade are a couple, and they spend time with their friends and helping the homeless.” Anika was proud of what Aylin did for Angel and her family.

“How many teams does Uncle Jack have?”

“Don’t know. He keeps all of that quiet and close to his chest. You have to remember your uncle does a lot of things the US government would want him to not do. They don’t like it when he and his partner take an interest in things they are either messing up or help create.”

“What is his partner like? I haven’t met her yet.” Mouse has heard stories from some of her uncles and aunts who have worked with her.

“She’s different than your uncle. Where Jack uses brute force and other tactics to get his message across. She comes in from the shadows and strikes. She sneakier about how she handles problems. If you don’t listen to her first warning, you better prepare your will and have a grave picked out. There isn’t a second warning.” Anika knew how deadly Cheshire is and how vengeful she could be as well.

After a while, their lunch shows up. Anika and Mouse make small talk while they enjoy their lunch. When the two of them finish lunch. Anika leaves a nice tip for their waitress.

“So, where to next?” Mouse follows Anika to her car.

“To Ralph’s Auto Emporium, so you can pick out what car you want to drive, while you're in town.” Anika unlocks her jaguar. She gets in on the driver's side, while Mouse gets in on the passenger side.

Anika drives over towards Ralph’s Auto Emporium. The place looks like it uses to be a car dealership. It had all sorts of antique cars, up to the newest cars available. Anika parks her car near the office entrance.

Ralph was sitting in his office, finishing up his inventory list, when he spots a silver jaguar pull into his lot and park near the entrance to his building. He watches as two beautiful women get out of the car. A smile appears on his face when he recognizes one of the women.

He gets up and heads towards the entrance to meet Anika and the young lady with her. He watches as they come inside his showcase "Anika, it’s good to see you. What can I do for you today?”

“I would like to have access to my brother’s collection of cars.”

“Thinking about, upgrading from your Jaguar?” Ralph looks at the beautiful car.

“Oh, no. I’m keeping that one for life. She’s a very special car.” Anika had her Jaguar upgraded before she brought it back from England.

“Too bad, I know someone who would love to own that car.” Ralph knew the perfect buyer for it.

“Well, it's not for sale. So, why don’t you show us my brother’s collection, instead.”

“Alright, follow me.” Ralph escorts Anika and Mouse further into the dealership.

They go through a few security doors and stop at another security door. He steps close to a hidden panel that opens up “I'm hungry like the wolf.”

The security door opens, and the lights turn on inside the place. Ralph walks into the storage unit and stops.

“Choose your car.” Ralph waves his hand at the collection of twenty cars and motorcycles.

Anika’s jaw drops when she walks in and sees all the cars. She knew Jack loved cars, but the ones in front of her were some of the rarest around.

“My big brother has been holding out on me.” Anika runs her fingertips on a rare Ferrari her brother had.

Mouse is drawn to an old-style Ford FastBack. It was black and shiny. She walks over towards it. Sitting next to the mustang was a crate. She turns to face Ralph “what’s with the crate?”

“That’s the original motor, transmission, and rear axle. That Mustang has been upgraded to high-performance standards by Mr. Shelby himself. It’s a speed demon with high-performance handling and suspension. It is also lightly armor as well.” Ralph couldn’t believe the money Mr. Bounty poured into the car.

“Does it have a name?” Mouse knows her uncle names his favorite cars.

“That is Demon.”

Mouse turns to look at Anika “can I take this one?”

Anika looks at the car and back at Mouse “he did say you can use whatever car you want too. So, I guess you can.”

“Oh, goodie!” Mouse was excited.

“Be careful driving him. He’s got a very powerful engine and handles like a race car. So, touch the gas pedal very lightly.” Ralph gets the keys for Demon.

“Wait a minute, I think a different car might be better for you, Mouse.” Anika spotted a 2011 Dodge Charger.

“That’s a good choice. It’s lightly armored and has been upgraded. It’s not as fast as Demon, but still is pretty fast and has a high-performance suspension.”

‘But I want to drive Demon.” Mouse looks at Demon.

“Maybe next time, Mouse.” Anika figures the newer Charger would be lower key and blend in well.

“Fine. I’ll take the Charger.” Mouse takes one more glance at Demon, before heading over towards the Charger.

After Mouse gets the Charger, she heads back to the apartment she is staying at. There was a Broadway show she had bought tickets for, playing tonight. Once she arrives back at the apartment, she gets ready to go out for the night.

up
227 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Charger was the right choice

Samantha Heart's picture

I think Anika is right the Charger would stand out less vs the Classic Ford Mustang. In a way I would have to agree with mouse referring to companies here in the US & hair color referring to us as drones rather than employees. I get there has to be some kind of dress code but in a way they are WAYYYYYY to strict!

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

The smell of impending trouble is in the air

Jamie Lee's picture

Those fake Hatters will wish they chose a different character when Aylin is finished explaining their mistake to them.

Mouse does need to be careful while in New York, since she only sees the city with tourist eyes. She can't see the potential danger that could pop up in the blink of an eye.

Others have feelings too.