Where Has Cheshire Gone?

Printer-friendly version

“Mom, are you sure about this?” Tizzy glances at her mother in the passenger seat of her police car.

She was driving her to the Honolulu Airport, instead of the private airfield they normally used. She knew whoever the men had been a few days ago had left. Tizzy knew government agencies don’t give up that easy on people.

“Don’t worry about me, sweetie. I’ve played this game before.” A grin appears on Cheshire’s face.

“If you say so. So, how long will you be gone, mom?”

“A week. Remember, let Krisha handle things while I am gone, but keep an eye on her.” Cheshire wanted to see how responsible Krisha could be, while she was gone.

“I will mom.” Tizzy remembered the first time her mother left her alone by herself.

At first, she was scared, but her mother had given her all the emergency numbers she needed and her cellphone number as well. She didn’t throw any wild parties or forget to feed Shur Khan or anything her mother would disapprove of. She knew how dangerous her mother could be and was scared to bring that anger to her.

Tizzy pulls up in front of the departing terminal to drop her mother off. She pulls up to the curb “well, be careful, mom. I know you’ll have some fun with the agents that will be following you.”

“I will, sweetie.” Cheshire hugs Tizzy, before heading into the airport.

She goes through security without a problem. She had a simple carryon bag with her. Cheshire knew she was being monitored by the cameras
in the place by the NSA. Once she was through the security checkpoint. She boards the plane. She wasn’t flying first class like she normally would. Cheshire was flying coach instead.

Cheshire figures by the time she lands in Los Angeles, California. The CIA will either have an undercover FBI agent waiting for her or undercover NSA agents waiting to tail her. Either way, she knew what she was going to do.

Cheshire takes a book out and starts reading it. She plans on honoring her promise by visiting Washington D.C. and the director of the CIA.
She knew everything about the director and was planning on visiting the director and reinforcing what she told them when she retired.

The flight to Los Angeles was quiet. When the plane starts to land, Cheshire places a bookmark where she was reading and put the book back in her carry on. She had a two-hour layover, before the plane she had to take arrived.

Cheshire walks around and notices she has picked up a tail. One of her tails was an oriental man. A smirk appears on her face as she spots two more agents pretending to be normal people. Whoever their trainers were, needed to improve their tailing technique. She stays right out where they could see her. The game has already started, and she just needs to be careful playing her hand.

Boqin spotted their target. He and two other agents had been assigned to tail an older woman by the name of Cheshire Patel. They had gotten their orders from Washington D.C. They weren’t informed on why they were to watch her, but they were told to keep their distance and be careful. Boqin didn’t see how a little old woman who seems to be in her early sixties could be so dangerous.

He looks for agent Harry and spotted him watching Mrs. Patel as well. He could tell just from the expression on Harry’s face that he was confused about why they were watching this woman. He looks around and finally spots Minato blending in with the crowd. She was disguised as one of the airport's employees.

Minato was watching the woman they had been sent to watch. She wonders what this old woman did to warrant such treatment. All of them watch her as she waited for her flight. When the flight arrives, Boqin, Harry, and Minato follow Cheshire onto the plane. They all had seats where they could monitor her.

Minato and Boqin were sitting next to each other. Minato looks at Boqin “Do you know who she is and why we are following her?”

“I have no idea, who she is or why Washington is so concerned about her.” Boqin would love to know more about this woman.

He had done a google search on her and learned a little bit about her. She is the former wife of the Senator of Hawaii and operates an import/export business called Exotica Import. There wasn’t much after that. She was a philanthropist and has been known to donate to a lot of important charities.

The next five hours as they fly towards Ronald Regan Washington National Airport. Boqin and Minato take turns watching Cheshire as she read her book. They wonder when she was going to make her move.

Cheshire just smiles as she sits and enjoys the flight. When the plane starts to descend to land. Cheshire puts her book away and gets ready to get off. She blends in with several other passengers as she exits the plane.

“Dam! I’ve lost her.” Minato was looking for Cheshire but doesn’t see her anywhere.

Bogin was looking for her and so was Harry. None of them could locate Cheshire. The three of them meet back up “where did she disappear to?”

Outside the Airport:
Cheshire climbs into a gray SUV that was waiting for her. Behind the tinted glass window sat a middle-aged man.

“Welcome back to Arlington, VA, Mrs. Cheshire.” Thomas looks in the rear mirror towards Cheshire in the back seat.

“Thank you, Thomas.” Cheshire watches as the three agents that had been tailing her were looking around.

“Which house would you like to go to, Mrs. Cheshire?” Thomas knew Mrs. Cheshire and Mr. Bounty had several safe houses in the Washington area.

“Take me to my S Union St townhouse, Thomas.”

“Yes ma’am. So, are you here on vacation or business?” Thomas drives towards the townhouse.

“Business, Thomas. I’ll need for you to bring Lady Rose out of retirement.”

“Yes, ma’am.” A smile appears on Thomas’s face.

Lady Rose was Cheshire’s 1968 Chevrolet Corvette. He knew that was one of her special cars. The thing was bulletproof and highly modified. It also uses to belong to her late husband.

“Is there anything else, you’ll need, ma’am?”

“Yes, I’ll need my gear as well.” Cheshire kept several stashes around the area she and Jack worked out of.

“I’ll have everything for you by tomorrow morning.”

“Thank you, Thomas.”

Thomas pulls around to the back of the townhouse and parks. He gets out first and opens Cheshire’s door.

“You didn’t need to do that, Thomas.” Cheshire climbs out of the SUV.

She walks up to the back door and looks for a special brick. The brick had the image of the Cheshire on it. She finds the brick and pulls it out.
Behind the brick, was a security pad. She enters her code and the security pad flashes green.

Cheshire replaces the brick and opens the back door. She heads in first with Thomas walking behind her. The place smelled like it had just been cleaned.

“When did the cleaners come by?” Cheshire looks at Thomas.

“Earlier today, Mrs. Cheshire.” Thomas oversaw all the safe houses in the area.

It was his responsibility to maintain them and keep them clean. He’s been working for Jack and Cheshire for the past fifteen years. They always took care of his family and him as well.

“Is there anything else, you might need, ma’am?”

“No, everything is fine, Thomas. Thank you for everything you have done.”

“If you need anything, just call.” Thomas turns around and leaves the townhouse.

Cheshire heads up to the master bedroom and empties her carry on. She packed light for the week. She had some of her working tools, but she didn’t bring any of her other gear. She figured she would use what she had available in Alexandria.

Cheshire checks her watch and notices it was getting to be seven o’clock. She calls her favorite cab driver to come and pick her up. While waiting for the cab, Cheshire changes clothes and freshen up some. Her body was still on Hawaiian time. By the time she is ready, she receives a text letting her know the cab had arrived.

Cheshire checks outside her townhouse and notices that there was a black town car waiting for her. A smile appears on her face, as she steps out the front door. The driver of the car gets out and opens the passenger side door for her.

“Gus, it’s so nice to see you again, my old friend.” Cheshire gives him a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

“It’s good to see you as well. I heard you had retired.” Gus checks out his old childhood friend.

He uses to have the hots for Cheshire in his younger days. As the two of them got older and Cheshire left to go to college and join the CIA. He
met his future wife but always kept in touch with Cheshire. If he ever needed anything, he knew he could count on her to help him out.

“That’s what I heard about you as well, my friend.”

“I tried, but I found retirement boring. Also, Maggie kept giving me a honey to-do list to complete.”

“Ah! Now I see why you came out of retirement. I was thinking about going to Little Italy tonight for dinner. Are they still opened?” Cheshire climbs into the back of the town car.

Gus closes the car door after Cheshire. He gets in on the driver's side.

“Yes, they are still opened.” He starts the town car and heads towards the restaurant.

As Gus drives Cheshire to the restaurant “so, what brings you to Washington D.C. Cheshire?”

“Oh, I’m here to deliver a message and keep a promise I made.”

Gus looks at Cheshire’s face in the rear-view mirror. There were only a few people who could read Cheshire’s expression and saw that when she said message. There was a secondary meaning to the word.

“So, Gus. How are your grandchildren and children are doing?” Cheshire remembered that last time he had four grandchildren.

“I have eight grandchildren now. My youngest son has arrested. My oldest is on his third wife.”

“Why was your youngest arrested?” Cheshire always thought Eric was the best behaved of all Gus’s children.

“He got mixed up with a bunch of wannabe gangsters and got caught transporting drugs. I mean a lot of drugs, Cheshire.”

“I’m sorry to hear that, Gus. I always liked Eric.”

“I don’t know what changed him, but I hope he will give it up. His ex-wife won’t let him see his children. She’ll bring them around for me and Maggie, but not Eric.”

“I don’t know how I would handle that. I just got my first grandchild. Tizzy just adopted a young Chinese girl. I also just adopted another
daughter as well.”

“So, you have three daughters now and one grandchild?” Gus has met Tizzy and Krisha.

The last time Cheshire came to Alexandria, she brought her family. They had gotten together with Gus and his family and went out to dinner.

“How old is your granddaughter?”

“Ten years old. Tizzy and her husband adopted her. She was rescued her from a human trafficker.”

“Man, I didn’t know the traffickers pimped out girls as young as your granddaughter. I thought they stopped at twelve years old.” Gus knew a few places around town that dealt in sex trafficking and reported them to the cops.“

They have no code, Gus. They also don’t care how many lives they ruin. If I was younger, I would go after every trafficker there is and set an example. Maybe, after a while, they would get the message.” Cheshire didn’t like people who ruined other people’s lives.

“Why not call your partner and ask him to send a message?” Gus knew about Jack.

“Because his messages normally become very bloody and public. Jack has a style that is meant to strike fear into you. My style is more quiet and subtle.” Cheshire misses the old days where she took matters into her own hands.

Gus pulls up in front of Little Italy and parks. He gets out and opens Cheshire’s door for her.

“Thanks, Gus.”

“No problem. When would you like for me to return?”

“I was hoping you would join me. It’s been a long time since we have seen each other.”

“I think I can accommodate your request.” A friendly smile appears on his face.

The next two hours, Gus and Cheshire have dinner. They talk about their childhood days and people they both knew that have passed away. Cheshire listens as Gus talks about his family and his business.

Later, Gus drops Cheshire off at her townhouse. She promises before she flies back to Hawaii to come to dinner with his wife and himself. Cheshire walks over to the walk-in closet and searches for the hidden button. She finally finds it and presses it.

The panel opens revealing her work clothes and her favorite weapons. She reaches forward and runs her fingers down the bodysuit. It was an older model, but it still provided the same protection as the newer models.

“Hello, old friend. One last mission to do.” Cheshire starts stripping out of her normal street clothes and starts suiting up.

The suit felt a little tight in certain places on her body. Cheshire sighs because she thought she has been keeping her body trimmed and in shape. She slips on her web belt and checks her weapons. The guns she prefers to use were custom made for her by an extremely talented gunsmith.

“Hello, beautiful.” Cheshire places a kiss on her guns. She loved her custom-made handguns.

Once she is all suited out. She closes the hidden panel and heads down to the garage. In the garage covered up, was one of the many motorcycles Cheshire owns. They were custom made to be extremely quiet and fast.

She takes the helmet she brought with her from the master bedroom and put it on. She slips presses the remote on the motorcycle to open the garage door and speeds out of it. The garage door closes behind her. She heads towards a few places to check out. Potential targets if it comes down to it, she will put down for coming after her.

Cheshire spends most of the night scouting out her targets and later, return home. She pulls into the garage and parks her motorcycle. She covers up a yawn as she strips out of her bodysuit. She hangs it back up in the hidden compartment in her closet.

After taking a nice hot shower and drying her hair, she lays down in bed. She thinks about what she is going to do to the people responsible for sending the two guys to her house. It’s time they learn that the Cheshire still has teeth and claws.

When morning comes, Cheshire wakes up from her cellphone ringing. She looks at it and notices, it was still set for Hawaiian time. She brushes aside the curtain to see what time it was. The sun was shining outside and when she switches to Eastern standard time, it was noontime.

“Shit!” Cheshire gets up and throws on her robe she brought with her.

She heads downstairs to the garage and spots her beautiful red Corvette. Inside was a black duffle bag. She pulls it out and takes a look inside. All her favorite toys were inside “let the party begin.”

Later in The Evening, Field Operations Director’s Home:
Alphonso Gemmiti couldn’t believe that the agents he sent to retrieve Mrs. Patel didn’t bring her back. He pulls into his drive and parks. She was an old bitch of an agent. She should have been no problem to bring back to Washington D.C.

He walks into the house and the lamp next to him explodes. He draws his gun and points it in the direction the shot came from. The next thing he knows, he is hit from behind.

Alphonso wakes thirty minutes later hanging by his arms, and naked. He felt groggy and his head hurt.

“Welcome back to the living, Mr. Gemmiti.” Cheshire steps out of the shadows.

Alphonso looks at the person and notices it was Cheshire herself. How the hell did she manage to by-pass his security system?

“You! How the hell did you manage to get into my house.”

“That’s not important right now. Didn’t I tell you I was retired, and the next time you guys came to my home? There would be a penalty for
bothering me?” Cheshire had a rod in her hand.

“You and your daughter had no reason to butt into CIA business.”

“So, its CIA policy now to make deals with pedophiles? As for my daughter, she is on a special task force and has the authority of the governor of Hawaii behind her.”

“We were in international waters. Her jurisdiction doesn’t apply in international waters.”

“That might be true but like me. My daughter doesn’t believe in boundaries and will always go after her man.”

“You don’t have that right.”

“Wrong! I do have that right and since you didn’t listen to my warning. I’m going to remind you.” Cheshire takes the cattle prod she had in her
hand and presses it against his chest.

Alphonso squirms as he feels an intense cold burn his skin. He trashes around like a worm on a hook.

“I think that will do it.” Cheshire removes the cattle prod and looks at the freeze burnt image of the Cheshire image on his chest.

“That is to remind you to leave me alone. If I need to come back, a second time. You will be meeting your maker.” Cheshire turns around to walk away.

“Let me down.”

“You’ll be free when the acid finishes eating through your bindings.” Cheshire walks away from Alphonso.

After she leaves him, she makes two more stops. The first one is to the head of Homeland Security. She removes a finger to remind him to never come after her again. If he ever does, she’ll remove something very important from his body. She also leaves her mark on him as well.

She visits the NSA director the next night and breaks both his hands. She makes it clear, the only reason he is still alive, is because he has children and she doesn’t want to take him from them. However, if he ever comes after her or any of her family. He’ll be getting a visit from the Devil’s Bounty Hunter.

The director pales when he hears that name. He knows what he did to the attorney general and what he can do to him as well. Cheshire does leave her mark to make sure he remembers that promise.

When Cheshire pulls into her garage, she looks at the last name on her list. It was the name of the Director of the CIA. Where she lived was out in northern Virginia on a horse ranch her father left her. She already knew what security measures she had and how she was going to approach the property.

Cheshire covers up a yawn as she makes her way to her bed. She makes a note to call her family tomorrow. She heads to the kitchen and grabs a fruit-flavored bottle of water. It wasn’t as nice as the ones she gets in Hawaii, but it did the job.

The rest of the day, she relaxes and spends the day visiting some old friends. She does visit a few graveyards of friends who died in service to the country. Cheshire stops at one grave and removes some weeds that had grown around the headstone.

“Sorry, I haven’t been to visit you more often, cousin. It’s that what you told me a long time ago has pretty much come true. People have forgotten what we have done for this country. Plus, the people in power have forgotten what it means to serve with honor. I just hope that I have made a difference.” Tears leak from Cheshire's eyes.

She misses her best friend and wishes that she hadn’t been the one that took that bullet forty years ago. The enemy agent sent to kill Cheshire had mistaken her cousin for her and killed her instead. She managed to track the agent down and made him pay for killing her cousin. That was the day that changed her. It opened her eyes and made her see what the government had made her into. The perfect killing machine who did what she was told.

She stays there for a while, before heading back to her car. As she gets closer to her car, she notices an old enemy standing next to it.

“I should have known you would find out I was in town.”

“I’m just glad, it's you and not your partner. He isn’t here with you, is he?” Wacian glances around for the old wolf.

“No, he’s back home with his family. What brings you here today?” Cheshire closes the distance to him and her car.

“To warn you. The director of the CIA and the chief of staff to the President wants you died. They feel that you and your partner are making it difficult for them to accomplish their agenda.”

“Why worry about us? We’re retired.”

“Because out of all the former operatives you two are considered the most dangerous and you also are from the old guard. The people in power now adays aren’t like it used to be when we first started this.”

“Thanks for the warning, Wacian.” Cheshire walks over and places a kiss on his cheek.

“You’re welcome, Cheshire. If things had been different between us, I think we would have made a nice couple.” He smiles at her.

“Maybe, I was tempted at one time.” Cheshire was almost tempted to go private a long time ago.

“Well, if you ever need me, you know how to contact me.” He kisses her hand and gets into his car, which was parked nearby.

Cheshire waits till he is gone, before checking her car. She knows he would never rig her car to explode, but why to take a chance. Once she was satisfied her car wasn’t rigged to explode. She gets in and heads towards downtown Alexandria. She parks her corvette and does some shopping.

A couple of hours later she returns to the townhouse and changes into a nice outfit. She wasn’t going to show up in her work clothes, but she was going to take precautions. Cheshire looks at herself in the mirror, before leaving. A playful smile appears on her face as she leaves her bedroom.

The ride out to the Director of the CIA house was a nice drive. She enjoyed feeling the hardwood steering wheel in her hand. She misses
driving this car, but it didn’t belong in Hawaii. However, after this mission, she might take it back with her. After an hour of driving, she arrives at the director’s house. Cheshire parks her car and walks up to the front door.

She rings the doorbell. While she is waiting, she notices the hidden cameras. A sly smile appears on her face. The door opens and standing in the doorway is an older gentleman “can I help you, Mrs.?”

“Yes, I’m Cheshire Patel, an old associate of your wife’s and I haven’t seen her in a long time. Is she home?”

“She’ll be home in a few minutes, Mrs. Patel. Why don’t you come in and have a seat?” Donald didn’t see anything wrong or alarming about
the Asian looking woman in front of him. He saw that she was holding a wrapped bottle in her hands.

“Thank you.” Cheshire steps into the home.

“If you’ll follow me, please.”

“Oh, this is for your wife.” Cheshire hands over the package.

“Thank you.” Donald leads Cheshire to the living room.

“Can I get you anything, Mrs. Patel?”

“Tea would be nice.”

“Hot or cold?” Donald liked tea as well.

“Hot tea if you have any.”

“I think I can accommodate that request.” Donald heads towards the kitchen to fix the tea.

While he is gone, Cheshire plant some of her bugs. She’ll see if Amelia is going to play ball or will more direct action will be needed.

Amelia was glad to make it home. When she pulls up into her driveway, she notices an old red corvette sitting in the driveway. The license plate had TFT-7890

She wonders who it could belong too. She heads towards the front door and walks into the house. She hears a female voice and her
husband’s voice coming from the living room. She puts her purse down and heads into the living room. She immediately pales when she sees that it was Cheshire herself, drinking tea with her husband.

Cheshire notices Amelia as she comes walking into the living room. A sly smile appears on her face, as she stands up to greet her.

“Amelia, it’s so nice to see you again. It’s been years since we have seen each other.” Cheshire hugs Amelia.

“Yes, it has. How have things been for you?” Amelia felt a little uneasy when Cheshire hugs her.

“Oh, fine. The family is doing fine, and they wanted me to give you their blessing.” Cheshire gives Amelia’s arm a slight squeeze.

The two women separate as Cheshire sits back down. Amelia sits down in a nearby chair.

“Would you like a cup of tea, dear?” Donald looks at his wife.

“Yes, please.” Amelia looks at her husband.

“Why don’t the two of you catch up.” Donald gets up and heads towards the kitchen.

Amelia waits until her husband is in the kitchen before, she looks at Cheshire. She couldn’t believe the nerve of this woman.

“Why are you in my house?” Amelia looks directly at Cheshire.

“Why, enjoying a cup of tea and keeping a promise to you.” Cheshire takes a sip of her tea.

“I didn’t want to meet you here. I wanted you at CIA headquarters.”

“I know and to keep the death count down. This is more appreciated, wouldn’t you say? After all, you sent agents to my house and threaten me
and my family. “Cheshire let her famous smile appears on her face.

When that smile appears, it means your time was up. Cheshire wanted to give Amelia a chance to explain herself.

“You and your partner are obsolete, and you need to just die.” Amelia knew they needed to be eliminated.

“The same could be said of you as well. Now, I’m going to give you three choices. The first choice is you resign and live the rest of your days with that adorable husband. The second choice, I release all the files I have on you, including the certain affair you had with Senator Glover.”

“Where did you get that tape?” Amelia had fallen for the senator and the two of them went a little too far. He was married and she was married at the time.

“Where I got it, is known of your concern. Just know I will release it.” The last was said with malice in her voice.

“And what is my last choice?” Amelia had a feeling what it is but wanted Cheshire to say it.

“You can guess what your last choice is. Trust me, we shouldn’t go down that road.” Cheshire puts her teacup down.

Donald comes walking in with more tea and a teacup. He serves his wife.

“Thanks, sweetie.” Amelia accepts the teacup.

The next hour or so Amelia, her husband, and Cheshire talk. Cheshire learns a lot about Donald and Amelia.

“Well, I must be going. I have other things to do today.” Cheshire gets up and starts walking towards the front door.
Amelia looks towards her husband “I’ll walk her to the door, sweetie.”

Amelia walks behind Cheshire towards the door. She didn’t see any weapons on Cheshire.

Just as they approach the front door “I don’t plan to do any of your choices.”

“I thought you might feel that way.” Cheshire spins around slap Amelia on the arm.

“Ow! What did you do to me?”

“You have till, tomorrow morning to live. Don’t bother to go to the hospital. There’s no antidote for this.” Cheshire leans in and places a kiss on Amelia’s cheek.

Amelia was taken back from the kiss. She looks at Cheshire “what was that?”

“The kiss of death.” Cheshire just smiles and heads towards her corvette.

She gets in and waves goodbye to Amelia.

up
208 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Some people have no sense of

Some people have no sense of self preservation.
or as Forrest Gump put it, stupid is as stupid does.

Not Only That

Some people have no honor. And that is much worse.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Reminds me of story...

that I heard back in the 70s. Chemist working for the CIA, invented all sorts of things which could be made from items in a grocery store. He wanted to retire, they were NOT happy. He threatened to invent an even deadlier gas than he had and release it into the ventilation of their headquarters.

I never heard anything else so...

Gumby - I'm flexible

"Imagination is more important, than knowledge" - Albert Einstein

“The most exciting phrase to hear in science, the one that heralds
new discoveries, is not ‘Eureka!’, but ‘that’s funny…’” - Isaac Asimov

Needs Part 2

Samantha Heart's picture

As there is still the matter of chief of staff that needs to be settled. As for the director of the CAI well she had a chance but she took door #3 a Zonk which left her dieing from a poison that Cheshire injected into her arm. The bitch chose death & thats what she got. The other 3 WILL Rember NOT to come after Cheshire AGAIN!

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Black Operations is Just THAT

BarbieLee's picture

Unless one is those kind of people, it's hard to imagine even after reading about the atrocities, humans are capable of killing with no remorse or hesitation. Some Government Operations are designed and organized as a sanctioned murder's club. The murder is investigated to misdirect the investigation. It's like a Senate Hearing, ever read about anything positive coming out of those? The purpose is to placate the public and convince everyone the wrong is being looking into. Months, years later no one remembers nothing came from those Senate Hearings.
Gotta love those in Government keeping all us peasants safe from the evils of the world.
Hugs LadyDragon623
Barb
Evil has been with us as long as there has been humans. Remember Cain and Able? Genesis 4:8

Oklahoma born and raised cowgirl