Eyes Finally Opened Part 3

Printer-friendly version

Amy slowly opens her eyes and looks around at her surroundings. She felt someone holding her hand and notice she was back in her bedroom with her adopted mother holding her hand. Every inch of her body was bandaged up. Her throat was dry and sore. She squeezes her adopted mother’s hand.

April wakes up when she feels Amy squeeze her hand.

“Oh, thank god. I thought I was going to lose you.” April kisses her daughter on her forehead.

“I’m sorry mom.” Amy felt tears sliding down her cheek.

“I should have sent a guard down there with you. Why didn’t you defend yourself sweetie?” April knew Amy could defend herself easily.

“Because if I defended myself; more people would have gotten involved. They were looking to avenge their friends and it fed their anger towards me. I figure it would have been better to not do anything, plus I felt like I deserve what they were giving me. It was because of me that their friends and family were killed by members of my group.”

“Sweetie, you don’t deserve what you got. If you did, do you think Cain would allow me to adopt you? You are not responsible for what you did when you were with the HSL. You were just following orders.” April knew Amy felt bad about all the terrible things she did, but she didn’t deserve to die.

Amy looks at her mother and squeezes her hand. She lets her mother know how much feels about her through their mental link.

April could feel Amy’s love for her and watches as her daughter drifts off to sleep again. She stays by her bed holding her hand. She felt the sorrow and guilt Amy held inside of her, but hopefully she’ll managed to convince Amy to let go of her guilt.

April watches as some of the cuts and claws marks Amy has on her body start healing itself, leaving no scars behind.

April looks up as Cain comes walking in.

Cain had heard about what had happen to Amy down in the gym. He had punished the ones responsible for nearly killing her. The thing that bothers him the most was that he knew she could have wiped the floor with all of them, but didn’t do anything to protect herself.

“How is she doing?” Cain looks at Amy’s sleeping form as he comes walking in.

“She’s healing at an amazing rate. I would guess that by noon tomorrow, she should be completely healed.” April was impressed with her adopted daughters healing.

Cain stands next to the bed and just looks at Amy as she slept.

He looks towards April “did she tell you why she didn’t defend herself?”

“Yes, but I don’t agree with her reasoning. She feels that she deserves what they did to her, for the things the HSL made her do.” April still felt, that it wasn’t her fault. When she first realized who the girl was yes, she was mad and angry, but when she went inside Amy’s head and saw her soul, she realized this poor girl wasn’t a killer at heart and what the HSL was making her do, was slowly eating at her soul.

“I agree with you. It wasn’t her fault. She was just doing what they told her to do and she knew no better. It wasn’t till now that she realized how much she has been lied too.” Cain kept his eyes on Amy and couldn’t believe how young she looked.

“I wonder how or why they engineer her. You would think with their hated towards the supernatural. They would have gone down a different path.” Cain could see how fast a claw mark on Amy’s body was healing. He watches as her skin closes the cut and leaves no seam behind.
The red mark it left slowly fades away.

“I can’t believe she heals so fast.” Cain had never seen anything so fast before.

“I’ve always healed fast, but it tires me out.” Amy sits up and looks towards Cain.

“I thought you were asleep, sweetie.” Amy looks towards her daughter.

“I was till, you and Uncle Cain started talking mom. Even when I am asleep, I hear everything. It is rare when I fall into a total sleep.” Amy yawns. Her body was taking a lot of energy to heal her wounds.

April walks over to the bed and sits next to Amy. She gathers her up in her arms and cuddle her next to her.

“You go to sleep and let yourself heal.” She places a kiss on her Adopted daughter’s cheek.

Amy snuggles up to her adopted mother’s shoulder and just drifts off into a deep sleep. She felt safe in April’s arms and could allow herself to drift totally into a deep sleep.

April holds her daughter and wonders why the HSL created such an innocent person and tried to turn her into something she wasn’t. Amy doesn’t wake and stays snuggle up against April’s shoulder.

April continues to hold Amy as she slept. She doesn’t think she could even slip away from her if she wanted too. April listens to Amy’s heart rate as she slept. She could tell that when Amy is in a deep sleep, her heart slows down to the point you would think she was dead. She could even feel her skin turning cold as she watched her wounds seal themselves. If she hadn’t been holding her, she would think Amy was dead. Her breathing was almost nonexistent. She carefully stands up and walks over and lay Amy down on her bed and tucked her blanket around her. She places a kiss on her forehead.

“Sleep tight my little kitten.” April slowly walks out of Amy’s bedroom and down to the kitchen. She was hungry and concern about Amy.

“How is she doing April?” Joyce was in the kitchen talking about what they were going to fix for dinner tomorrow night, since they were going to have guest with Marge.

“She’s finally asleep. She relaxed enough to go into what she calls a deep sleep. Your husband and I woke her up with our talking. It wasn’t till he left and I held her for a while that she finally slipped into a sleep so deep that you would think she was dead.” April grabs a glass and fills it with the sweet ice tea Marge keeps in the refrigerator.

“Maybe we should keep a guard with her for now on.” Joyce knew April would say yes right away.

“I would love to have a guard on her, but I don’t think she would approve of it. She’s more than capable of defending herself.” April would feel better if someone did guard her.

“I don’t think she is going to do that. She still feels guilty about what she did to us and she wants to just be a normal girl.” Cain comes walking into the kitchen. He heard his wife and sister-in-law talking about Amy.

“Well, if she won’t fight to defend herself. Then we’ll need to send one of her guards with her to protect her then.” Cain wasn’t going to let anything happen to his new niece any more.

“Then I just guess either Adam or Jose is going to have to protect her from now on, till she stops feeling guilty about what the HSL made her do.” Joyce looks towards her sister.

“You know, Jamal doesn’t trust her all the way and a lot of his troops don’t trust her either. Jamal knows it wasn’t her fault for what she was made to do, but he still thinks she could have stopped herself earlier.” Cain had spoken with his son about Amy to see how he felt about her.

“Is he willing to at least associate with her some?” April was concern about her nephew.

“He said, he’ll be willing to at least trust her for now. He knows she is trying to make good for everything she did.” Cain was at least able to convince his son to at least give her a chance.

“At least that’s a start.” April grabs a brownie that Marge had made and eats it.

“What has the council said about what Amy told us and about her?” Joyce looks at her husband for an answer.

“The head Were-Wolf council member wants to meet her. He said that he had heard about experiments being done to build a better weapon to use against us, but he had no idea that the HSL would take this route and genetically engineer someone to fight against us or make a serum that turns ordinary humans into super soldiers. I told him you adopted Amy, April and have taken her under your wing as your pup. He doesn’t have a problem with that, but he would like reports about her activities. Troy wants to know what she is capable of, since he has never fought against her.” Cain thought it might be a good idea to let Troy see why she lives up to her name.

“I don’t have a problem with it, but getting Amy to fight back might be a little tough. I think if we tell her it’s a sparring match she might agree to do it. I’ll talk with her and see if she will agree. Has any word come back on her blood work yet?” April had been wondering what type of blood or genetics the HSL had used in Amy’s genetic make-up.

“None yet, Dr. Smith just got the sample this morning. She said she’ll call us and tell us what she finds.” Cain had spoken to her this afternoon before dinner and the situation with Amy.

“Okay, I’ll check on Amy tomorrow morning and see how she is healing.” April finishes off the brownie she had grabbed.

“Go to bed April, we’ll check on Amy on are way to bed.” Joyce looks at her sister.

“No need sis. She is totally out of it. I can feel her from here and she is sawing some serious zzzz’s right now.” April could feel her adopted as she slept and knew nothing was going to wake her up.

“I thought she was always partially aware when she was asleep.” Joyce looks towards her sister and husband.

“When Amy is in a total deep sleep, all her energies are being used to force her to heal faster. Her whole entire body slips into a reduce state and puts her under so deep that I don’t think anything will wake her.” April remembered feeling how low her heart beat was and how shallow her breathing was.

“Well, that would explain why she was so valuable to the HSL. I don’t think there is any Were’s in any group that could heal as fast as she can. I don’t even think vampires can do that.” Joyce was sure that was unique to Amy.

Joyce had study most other of the other supernatural creatures around the world. She had never encountered any other race with abilities like that, unless you included the Gods of legend. Joyce looks at her sister.

“April, did Amy tell you where they got her genetic material to make her from?” Joyce was thinking that maybe Amy might have a lost race genetic material inside of her.

“If I remember right from her memories. It came from area 51 and from a frozen being they found at the South Pole frozen.” April recalls the memories Amy shared with her.

“She gave you an USB drive that has all of the HSL secrets on it. Have you looked at it yet Cain?” April looks towards her brother-in-law.

“Not yet, I think I’ll look at it tomorrow morning and see what I can learn about her.” Cain figures it should take him a good part of the morning.

“She is such a sweet girl, but once our people find out who she is there’s going to be those that want to challenge her.” Joyce knew that could be a potential problem.

“It’s up to her if she wishes to accept the challenge. I think I better talk with her as well about that. Amy could win one or two challenges against her. If people see her and Troy spars that might eliminate any challenges towards her.” April knew her adopted daughter could do it.

“You talk with Amy about sparring with Troy. I think that might be the best bet right there. Once people see her stand her ground with Troy, they will back off.” Cain knew Troy would love to spar with Amy, just to learn what she knew.

“I’ll make sure I do. Now, if you’ll excuse me, I hear my bed calling me.” April hugs her sister and gives Cain a peck on the cheek before heading to bed. She stops to check in on Amy and notice she was still asleep.

“Sleep tight, sweetie.” April closes Amy’s bedroom door quietly and head into her own bedroom.

up
225 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

You took pity on us

Thank you. Wonderful story.

Even sparring should get

Even sparring should get everyone's attention to exactly what Amy can do and how she can do it.

Oh Wow!

I'm glad that Amy is a survivor! Looks like we are going to get to some meaty part of your story. I'm a little surprised that Cain hasn't even looked at the USB drive that Amy gave him. Seems like a leader would want to take every advantage of protecting his people. Too laid back in my opinion.

Hope Amy kicks Troy's butt!

Sincerely,

Santacruzman

Is she finally home?

Jamie Lee's picture

For Amy to feel safe enough to go into deep sleep mode she has to have a lot of trust in April protecting her.

After what she allowed to happen it's good she heals fast. But even though she feels guilty for what she was made to do, she must also protect herself to the best of her abilities. She can't help anyone if she dies.

Others have feelings too.