Stand By Your Woman Part 3

Printer-friendly version

Sandy brushes some dirt off an artifact that just arrived at the warehouse. She couldn’t believe that it dated back to when the Spaniards arrived. They had found a catch of artifacts in a cave she had been exploring on her trip. Technically, all the artifacts that have been shipped back to the warehouse should have remained in Mexico, but because of the infighting going on between the gangs down there. They had to be removed and brought back to the warehouse.

“Sandy, there’s a phone call for you on line 3.” Beverly looks over and spots Sandy bent over her workbench cleaning up an artifact that just came in.

The retrieval team had just come back, after mapping and recording everything they found. She had wanted to go to Mexico and helped bring back everything, but they needed her at the warehouse.

“Thanks, Beverly.” Sandy reaches for the phone sitting near her work table.

Beverly turns around and heads back to the reception area. She still had some reports to type up and file. After that she needed to do some dusting in storage vault four.

Sandy picks the handset up off the cradle and press lines 3 “hello?”

“Sandy, its Cheshire. I need for you and your retrieval crew to come to the big island to record and pack up a house. I also want you to go through everything and give me a break down on what you find.”

“How soon do you need me out there?” Sandy didn’t mind doing work for Cheshire or Mr. Bounty. They were two of her biggest clients.

“Right away. I have a group there right now keeping the place secured.”

“I’ll need two days to get my team there.”

“I need you and your team there sooner than that, Sandy. I’ll double your standard rate.”

Sandy does a mental inventory of who she had available that she could get to the big island right away. She knew she could get three people there right away, but she needed to get an archive team there first.

“Alright, Mrs. Patel. I can get someone there in one day, but it's going to cost you three times my going rate.” Sandy figures she was going to have to hire outside transportation.

Cheshire thinks about what Sandy was going to have to charge her. She’ll get Jack to help with the cost.

“Done!”

“Alright, send me the details and where you need me to go.”

“Thanks, Sandy.” Cheshire ends the call.

Sandy looks at her artifact “I guess I’ll have to come back to you.”

She gets up and walks towards Beverly’s desk. She was going to need her to make arrangements for this assignment.

She spots Beverly typing on an old fashion typewriter. She knows Beverly would prefer a computer to work on, but they haven’t gotten around to getting one yet for her. Maybe, after this assignment they’ll get her a new computer.

“Beverly, I need for you to call Danny and tell him to get his team ready. Also, call Kenneth and tell him we want to charter him to fly Danny and his team out to the big island. Also, tell them to rent local transportation. I’ll send them their contacts once I get it.”

Beverly had been writing everything down as Sandy spoke to her. She knew she wasn't going to finish what she had planned.

“Yes, ma’am. Is there anything else I need to do?” Beverly looks at Sandy.

“Not right now, but something might come up.”

0600hrs. The Next Morning, 1532 Old Beach Rd, Kailua-Kona, HI
Leslie, Casey, and Charlotte had stayed at the house and went over some of the stuff they found. Most of it was helpful, but the rest was stuff that went over their heads. Charlotte calls Cheshire and gives her an update and informs her there was a lot more here then she thought or that they could go over.

Cheshire informed her that she would contact a specialized team that does work for her to come out and catalog everything. She’ll need for her and Jack’s niece to stay there until the team arrived.

“Well, we're stuck here till a specialized team gets here to take over.” Charlotte looks at Casey and Leslie.

They were wearing suits similar to hers. She wonders if her aunt was responsible for theirs as well.

“Well, that sucks.” Leslie wanted to get back to the yacht and get some sleep.

Casey looks at Charlotte as she went through the guy's kitchen cabinet to see what he had to drink. She spots Charlotte take a K cup down out of the cabinet and brew it. While the coffee was brewing, Charlotte looks over towards Leslie and Casey “so, what is the deal with you two?”

“What do you mean?” Leslie was looking at some bills they found.

“Why did these people try to kidnap and kill you two?”

“Because they are bigot assholes.” Leslie couldn’t figure out why they came after Casey.

A smirk appears on Casey’s face at her wife’s statement “it seems they have a problem with my uncle for something he did.”

“That still doesn’t justify, why they came after you. Why not just go after your uncle?” Charlotte was wondering why.

The coffee had finished brewing. She takes a sip of her coffee.

“Because my uncle is someone who can take care of himself. What’s the deal with you? How are you and Cheshire related?” Casey walks over and brews herself some coffee.

“I’m her niece from her former husband. She saved me from myself.” Charlotte knew she would be in jail right now if Cheshire hadn’t straightened her out.

“Who’s Cheshire?” Leslie looks towards Casey.

She was waiting until her wife was done brewing her coffee. She had a coffee mug and a French Vanilla K cup ready to brew.

“Her name is Cheshire Patel and she is a former CIA kite and my uncle Jack’s partner. She also uses to be married to the Senator of Hawaii, before he was blown up by an assassin sent to kill her.”

“That’s putting it mildly. My uncle was blown-up because he went out to start the car. Yes, Aunt Cheshire was caught in the explosion and was
hurt, but my uncle took the brunt of the explosion and was killed.” Charlotte wipes some tears away. She loved her uncle very much.

“From what I heard she did afterward, sends shivers down my spine.” Casey heard how Cheshire got her revenge on the ones who sent the assassin after her.

She didn’t kill them instantly. She tortured them for a whole week, removing pieces of their body while keeping them alive. Her uncle Jack said the reason she did that, was because her husband's body had parts blown off it.

By the time Cheshire was done with her revenge, twelve people had died. She made sure the agency that sent the assassin received pieces of their body. Her uncle Jack protected Cheshire as much as he could. He understood what she had gone through. He felt the same way when his first wife was killed by a drunk driver.

Leslie brews her coffee. She wonders how long Charlotte has been working for her aunt.

“How long have you been working for your aunt, Charlotte?” Leslie was curious about Charlotte.

“Just recently, I just retired from the military.” Charlotte takes a sip from her coffee.

“Oh? What branch did you serve in?”

“Army, I was an Army Ranger.”

“I served in the British Special Boat Service.” Casey heard all about the Army Rangers. She knew a few.

“How about you, Leslie? Did you serve?” Charlotte looks at Leslie.

“Nope, I’m a street performer. I do magic tricks for money out on the street.” Leslie couldn’t tell her she was MI 5.

“You do magic tricks?” Charlotte was curious.

“Yep, they are simple tricks, but people like them.”

“Neat. I would love to see you perform.” Charlotte has always liked magic tricks.

Leslie walks over and stands next to her wife. She had a slight headache forming. She closes her eyes and concentrate to stop it. She feels her skin under the amulet she was wearing get warm and after a few seconds her headache disappears.

Casey had noticed Leslie close her eyes. She knew that was the normal response when she gets a headache. Normally, it was because she pushed her telekinetic abilities to much.

“Are you alright, Leslie?”

“I’m fine. Just tired."

up
185 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The amulit

Samantha Heart's picture

May be magical & her abilities have done something to activate it & its doing something to Leslie as well maybe enhancing her abilities or something. As for the hunters.... well they have NO idea who they are dealing with at ALL. Jack & Cheshire will NOT take the organization lightly, but also as they came after them unprovoked.... well alls fair in love & war & this SURE AS HELL ain't love. In other words the gloves are off & its no holds bared on the orginization. It is now open season on the hunters. The Hunters have just become the hunted lol.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Two secret rooms, maybe more?

Jamie Lee's picture

Does that house have a basement? If it does might they find something down there? How much of the house have they searched? Sounds as though they quite looking once they found those two rooms.

And what's with the necklace Leslie took from the display case? Is it infused with magic or something that's going to hurt Leslie?

The attack on the Bountys gave them license to remove more unwanted garbage from the Earth. Garbage that only cares about itself.

Others have feelings too.