Never Wanted To Be A Girl Chp.22

Printer-friendly version

“What the fuck just happened?” Grace had a confused look on her face.

Their SUV just shut down in the middle of the road. Anthony was trying to restart it, but nothing was happening. The next thing the two of them feel is an explosion.

All the glass on the SUV cracked from the explosion. The SUV rocks again, as another explosion hits it. Grace tries opening her door, but it wouldn’t open “my door won’t open.”

Anthony tries his as well, but it wouldn’t open as well “mine won’t open either.”

The two of them brace themselves, as another explosion rocks the SUV. Grace looks behind them and the second SUV behind them explodes.

“Damn! Frank and Charlie are dead.” Grace tries pushing against her door, but it wouldn’t budge.

The next thing Grace and Anthony feel is the SUV being flipped upside down after another explosion hits the SUV.

“We need to get the hell out of here.” Grace unfastens her seat belt and starts kicking the passenger window.

She hopes with it being damage like it is, that her feet can break it the rest of the way. She glances at Anthony and he was doing the same thing. His size thirteen boots managed to break the glass.

Grace manages to put her size seven booted feet through her window. She peeks out to make sure it was safe before crawling out of the SUV. She had her custom Hi-Power Brownings out.

She looks behind her and notices the second SUV was destroyed and the third one was just like theirs. It was upside down with smoke coming from the bottom of it.

“Anthony, I’m going to see if David and Lloyd are still alive.”

“Okay, be careful.” Anthony was looking around for their attackers.

He had the shotgun from the SUV out and was looking for their attackers. He wanted to know how they were able to disable all three SUVs. He says a little pray for Frank and Charlie. They were good men.

“Number 2, did we get all three witnesses?” Nelson wanted to know if their plan had worked.

Juan watches as all three SUV’s are taken out. The second SUV was on fire from the 40 mm grenades hitting it. The third and first SUVs were
damaged and disabled, but he didn’t see the witnesses. He spots the female bodyguard moving from the SUV towards the third one. He takes aim at her.

Just as he has her in his sights, she disappears on the other side of the third SUV. He keeps looking for her “where are you, bitch.”
He spots her again and fires at her.

Grace feels a bullet hit her shoulder. She looks where the shot came from and starts firing in that direction. The bullet didn’t penetrate her suit, but it hurt like hell.

Juan ducks as bullets start hitting his location. He saw chunks of brick disappearing where the rounds hit. He pops back up and fires a few rounds back in the direction the other ones came from.

Grace spotted David and Lloyd inside the SUV still alive. They couldn’t get out as she and Anthony could. David looked like he had a head wound from the blood on his face.

Anthony was looking for their attackers and spots a guy popping up and firing at his partner. He pulls his issued Glocks and starts firing at the person. He manages to hit the person in his arm.

Juan was firing at the young woman when all of sudden. He comes under fire from his right. Before he could return fire, he is hit in the upper part of his arm.

Juan flinches when he gets hit. He fires back at the shooter.

“All team members, abort.” Juan wasn’t going to fight it out with the bodyguards. They accomplished what they came to do.

Anthony watches as the person who had been firing at Grace stops and leaves. Anthony runs over to Grace. He could see she was trying to open the doors on the third SUV.

“Are the doors jammed?” Anthony watches as Grace struggles with the door.

“No, it's still locked, like ours were.” Knew shooting the glass was a bad idea. It was bulletproof.

Courthouse:
Raven, Clair, Dr. Heath’s daughter, and Senator Bigg’s son arrived at the courthouse and was escorted by their bodyguards into the courthouse and to a safe room. Raven and Clair couldn’t believe the precautions Carol’s law firm had taken to protect all of them.

All the guards had been listening to what the other half of their team had been doing. When all of sudden they lose all, contacts with them. They were getting static over their radio.

“I hope they are alright.” Teresa was concerned about her partners.

Beverly looks over towards the well built African American woman. She and Teresa normally worked together when they needed female bodyguards. This had been the first time they had worked with Grace and her team.

“Knowing our guys, I bet they are.” Beverly’s partners were Frank and Charlie.

She’s been working with them for the past two years. They were good guys and they enjoyed partying as much as they could. Beverly looks at the witnesses and the other bodyguards. So, far everything has been going smoothly.

There’s was a knock on the door leading into the room where everyone was. Nathan walks over to the door and opens it. Standing on the other side, was Carol. She looks at everyone in the witness room and was happy that everything has gone as planned. She thought she might lose one of her witnesses, but thanks to the arrangements her bosses made. She hasn’t lost any of her witnesses.

Carol looks at everyone present “when the trail starts, I will call each of you in, one at a time. I’ll be asking you questions and so will the lawyer representing the defendant. Don’t let them intimidate you or twist your answer. Tell exactly what happened and just keep to the facts.”

“Will the judge allow our bodyguards in there?” Dave/Dianne was nervous about speaking out against her father and what he did to her.

“We’ll be in there, but we can’t be with you on the stand, Dianne. If you get nervous or afraid, just look directly at me.” Beverly walks over to Dianne and hug her.

Out of all the witnesses they had, Dianne was the one they worried about. Mainly, do to the brainwashing Dr. Heath did to her. Beverly has
been working with her, helping Dianne to overcome what her father did to her.

Carol looks over at Raven “you’ll be the first witness I call Raven. So, I’ll need you to layout exactly everything that went on when you were in jail and afterward. Your testimony will be the one that ties the Warden and guards into what was going on inside the prison.”

“I will, Carol.” Raven knew she will tell everything that happened while she was in jail.

up
247 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I'm sorry they lost 2 guards

Samantha Heart's picture

But all the witnesses are safe & will testify to EXACTLY what happened to them & why.

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

This is

One of your better stories, I think.

Deaths not in vain

Jamie Lee's picture

The bad guys fell for the false information, but it cost the lives of two bodyguards. Even though those two died they did their job of protecting the witnesses. Witnesses that will blow all the illegal activity wide open.

Too bad Diane's dad can't experience what he put her through, or just get drawn an quartered after the guild him.

Others have feelings too.