The Hero, The Mouse & The Cheshire Pt. 25

Printer-friendly version

Christine couldn’t believe how nice the mansion they were in looked. There were pictures of famous actors, actresses, and movies of long ago decorating the hallway as they walked down the hallway from the bedroom they had awoken in. She also couldn’t believe the clothes they found in the dressers and closet to wear.

She found some expensive dresses design by famous fashion designers hanging in the closet. Even the undergarments were of top quality. They were made of silk and very fine linen. As for her boyfriend, Lache. He was wearing a button-down shirt that looked like it was custom made just for him. Even the slacks they found fit him nicely.

Asia had chosen a nice pair of shoes for the two of them. Christine noticed right away that they were designer shoes. She wonders who Asia’s mistress was because whoever she is has a lot of money and enjoyed the finer things in life.

Asia liked how Christine and her mate were dressed. The clothes they had on, showed off their body nicely. She leads the two of them to the outside pavilion, where her mistress was waiting for them.

Christine and Lache notice they were heading outside to a well, manicured lawn, and garden. Asia takes them to a pavilion that looked like it was off an Arabic set. Inside the pavilion, was a lightly tanned woman with light brown hair. She had on a nice gaze type dress and some jewelry.

Standing near her were two well-built gentlemen. Both guys were so muscular, they put Arnold Schwarzenegger to shame, even when he was in his prime. Asia stops near the woman “Christine Midnight, Lache Fapuleai I would like for you to meet my Mistress, Lady Amy Cartwright.”
Christine noticed now that they were closer. The woman had a nice figure and looked to be in her late thirties, maybe early forties.

“It’s nice to meet you, Mrs. Cartwright. Asia said that we have you to thank for saving us last night.” Christine knew Lache was watching the two muscle walls standing nearby.

“Please, have a seat.” As Mrs. Cartwright waves her hand towards some seats.

Christine sits down on the left-hand side of Mrs. Cartwright. Lache sits down on the right-hand side, across from Christine.

“It was nothing, Mrs. Midnight. However, I do have a question for you and your mate. Why is the HSL so interested in you?” Amy didn’t see anything special about Christine or her boyfriend Lache.

The background report she received on them held nothing special. Except, the time Christine dressed as the Baroness from Cobra, went into a burning warehouse, and rescued several people and wolves. Everything else about her was normal. She used to be male, but just recently had SRS surgery. She was adopted by a former DSS agent, who is currently working as a high school teacher.

The report also showed that she was living at a resident that use to be owned by a Cheshire Patel. According to the information she had about Mrs. Patel. She was once married to the Senator of Hawaii and she was a well-known author about big game cats. When she tried to get more information about Mrs. Patel, her source couldn’t access the information.

“Well first off, I have no idea who or what the HSL is or why they would be interested in me. Secondly, I’m just a simple special effects artist, currently working on a movie.” Christine looks at Lache “Have you ever heard of the HSL?”

“I can’t say I ever have. Who are they and why are we of any concern to them?” Lache looks at Mrs. Cartwright.

“I don’t know why you two would be of any concern to them. As for who they are, HSL stands for Human Supremacy League.”

“And that stands for?” Christine has never heard of them.

“They are a group of religious fanatics that go around killing the supernatural. They also are the sister organization of the Hunter Organization
who are sponsored by a secret group of religious leaders inside the Vatican.” Amy knew a few of the leaders from her days of living in Rome.

“You got to be kidding me. The supernatural doesn’t exist. That’s all Hollywood magic and such.” Christine believed in ghosts and such, but other than that. She didn’t believe in the other stories.

A smirk appears on Mrs. Cartwright’s face and Asia snorts from the comment. If Christine only knew the truth.

“Well, for now. I think you and your mate should remain here with me until we learned why the HSL came after you two.” Mrs. Cartwright felt they would be safer with her.

“So, are you saying were your prisoners?” This didn’t feel right to Christine.

“No, my dear. You can leave any time you want to. However, it might be best if you and your mate didn’t go. Something about this whole mess doesn’t smell right to me. Other than what I have learned about you two, there’s no reason the HSL should be trying to kidnap you. I do have a question for you. How close are you to Cheshire Patel?”

“Why?” Christine was wondering why they wanted to know about Cheshire.

“According to our records, Mrs. Patel is currently in discussion with our cousins in Montana.” Amy just received a text message from The Montana leader.

“Mrs. Patel considers me part of her extended family. If this is all about her. Then this HSL group has made a big mistake. They will have to deal with her wrath and her partner's wrath as well.” Christine knew Cheshire would ask Mr. Bounty for help.

“What do you mean the HSL has made a big mistake?” Amy was curious about that statement.

“Because Mrs. Patel and her partner are the type of people you don’t want to make your enemies.” Christine didn’t want to say anymore.

“Well, until I know more about what is going on, you’ll be safe here. Consider my home, your home.”

“Thank you,” Lache answered for him and Christine.

“I’ll show them around, Mistress.” Asia steps forward towards the table.

“Thank you, Asia.”

“We get the message.” Christine stands up, along with Lache.

“If you’ll follow me, please.” Asia turns and starts giving Christine and Lache a tour of the place.

Once they have left, Amy pulls her cellphone out and dials Cain Eriksson's number.

Helen Montana:
Cain was looking over the reports he received earlier in the day. So, far everything was going alright in his territory and with the mission, he sent his niece on. He hopes that some type of deal can be arranged between him, Mrs. Patel, and Mr. Bounty himself.

As he looks over another report, his cellphone rings. He looks at the number and notices it belonged to Lady Cartwright, as he presses the accept button.

“Lady Cartwright, how can I help you?”

“I have some news for you, and you might not like it.”

“What is the bad news, Amy?” Cain wonders what is happening in Hollywood to make Lady Cartwright call him.

“The HSL just tried to kidnap a young woman and her mate. The young woman seems to have some connection to Mrs. Cheshire Patel. You don’t think they were going to blackmail her in turning away an alliance with us, do you?”

“It's possible. Was there anything special about the young woman?” Cain wonders why the HSL would go after the girl.

“Not really, I mean she does possess a lot of courage for someone her age, but otherwise, there’s nothing unusual about her.” Amy didn’t pick up on anything unusual about her.

“Where is she now?” Cain was concerned.

“She’s a guest here at my mansion. We had to rescue her and her mate last night.”

“Good, I’ll let Mrs. Patel know.”

“Alright. Call me if anything changes.”

“I will.” Lady Cartwright ends the call.

up
144 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

This info will make Cheshire Happy

Samantha Heart's picture

1. Her Neice is safe & 2. Happy in a sarcastic way.. When she find out what HSL tried to do SHE WILL BE PISSED!

Love Samantha Renée Heart.

Hurricane about to hit HSL?

Jamie Lee's picture

Getting to Cheshire through Christine does seem reasonable. But maybe it wasn't Cheshire they were after. Maybe they were after Jack, to make him back off interfering with both groups mission.

And maybe more lessons are about to be given to morons who don't know to leave well enough alone. Maybe besides Cheshire teaching them proper manners, Jack joins her to help school the group.

Others have feelings too.