Star Trek 50th Anniversary Topshelf Celebration.

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Other Keywords: 

Permission: 



star-trek-logo.jpg


Think of it for a moment? Fifty years of Sci Fi innovation perhaps linked inexorably with questions we all had about gender and the Enterprise and...okay, a lot of us? What? Okay, a few of us really conflicted folks here. Did we want to be involved with a Star Trek woman? Or better still? To be with a Star Trek woman and BE a Star Trek woman? Well? It now really seems, looking back on the span of the series in its various permutations. we can actually see that those questions were answered, with the proof right there all along....



In the chronology of the Star Trek universe, here are but a handful of examples

At the beginning, the first hint of Star Fleet dysphoria can be found in Star Trek: Enterprise, where T'Pol, liaison from the Vulcan High Command and Science Officer learns that humans can be quite a curious race...

Harb (1).jpg

From The Original Series – Before there was a James T. Kirk, there was a Christopher Pike, and instead a a cold, logical Vulcan as First Officer, there was a not so stuck on logic woman simply known as Number One…

Colt_and_Number_One.jpg

And of course, as the series developed, things weren't necessarily as ....binary... as we may originally surmised?

tumblr_inline_mqcd7iQsPS1qz4rgp.jpg

So many of the fans of The Next Generation had their suspicion, buttressed by the idea that Beverly must have adopted her son after all, but for an entirely different reason than anyone could have suspected...

hqdefault_3.jpg

Deep Space Nine was not only Deep in Space, but a tad deeper in exploring relations as well... with the odd surprise or three...

tumblr_inline_n1graaQC3E1r582r6.jpg

And of course careening through the Delta Quadrant included pleasant discoveries of an Alpha nature....

d2913b1aff09e30394455910c0226ac8.jpg

and we cannot explore the Star Trek Universe without taking one last peek - the reboot almost needs no explanation...

stid-t2-34.jpg


This Two-Disc Lilac Ray Set is available at all Target, Wal-Mart, Dixon Retail, and Myer stores. This has been a Roland/DiMaggio Production. Of behalf your local local PBS stations, and for Movin' Dirt/AussieGal Productions. this has been Bobbie Cabot speaking.


up
123 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

giggles

wonderful, Drea!

DogSig.png

Wow, it's great knowing that

Wow, it's great knowing that Dax wasn't the only cast member to have changed gender!

No seriously, Dax did change genders! It was part of her whole history for several seasons.

I am just glad that you didn't add the image of Quark in a dress,h e didn't look all that great!

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

actually

Dax is a symbiote that inhabits a body. His/her previous host was male.

I know but if you remember

I know but if you remember Jadzia was female and Curzon, the one who had the body before, was male hence the issues with Dax and Sisco early in the series...

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

"I'm giving it all I can !"

I always thought Kirk would ..............well you know, with the red shirts. It was a way of keeping secrets.
And I always thought Beverly was at least CD, in retrospect, TG

Karen

Delightful

laika's picture

It's just too bad Worf was so deeply in the closet. I remember her crying in my arms that night in Ten Forward, poor thing! Then the next day she was right back to all that macho bluster; blaming it on the Romulan ale and glowering: "If you tell anyone I will kill you!"
hugs, Guinan

.
The closest approximation to what it's like in my brain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u08E7c-FRbU&t=4s

haa good one

shadowsblade's picture

I worked on the Enterprise TV show a few times, a fun bunch there! lots of buddies of mine made boats of money on this show!

Proud member of the Whateley Academy Drow clan/collective

You folks from that show are

You folks from that show are woefully underappreciated, both cast and crew!

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

What?

How could you fail to include Scotty and his beloved engines? "She canna take much more, Captain!" and he's always working in the Jefferies tube!


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

Atharrachadh S e deagh ...

Andrea Lena's picture


Change is good ...

2016-05-31 00.09.05.jpg

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Star Trek...

As a Trekkie, I think I'd love to see a storyline with an alien that changes gender at the age of 12...maybe a family on the Enterprise...

Hey, I got a grew idea for my story...

TGSine --958

skit

There's a great Carol Burnett sketch from the attempted revival of her show in 1991, Worth tracking down on the web.

this one?

This one? I hope I found the right clip...

I'm told STFU more times in a day than most people get told in a lifetime

Yeah you found it

Carol had style

YOU GOT IT BABY ! This is

YOU GOT IT BABY ! This is worth saving.

Karen

I loved all the pic bar

I loved all the pic bar Janeway and Seven, that always felt like a mother-daughter relationship and don't get me started on Tom and B'Elanna it should have been Seven and B'Elanna the sub text was there. But again a great spread of pics, and just before I hit submit I took a re-read of the Janeway one and laugh as I got it.

"Information equals ammunition" - Maj Adam Steiner (Battletech Cartoon)

Hmmm...

I love when you do this sort of thing. It is such a giggle. :D

Could only be...

A...

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrat

PKB_003b.jpg

I Always Thought

That Bev Crusher (sp?) was a Tgal actress.

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Star Trek

I like Star Trek lot and why as I look at how the ship and other thing as made and how it work and how to make it be real do not ask me how I do it I do not know how

And who can forget.....

Andrea Lena's picture
Data's crossdressing SON Lal?
theoffspring6_0.jpg

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

OMG I completey forgot...

laika's picture

Data's offspring LAL was allowed to choose her own gender.
He wasn't a father for long but what a great dad!!
~hugs, veronica
.

(You just HAD to do the life-forms song, didn't you???)

.
The closest approximation to what it's like in my brain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u08E7c-FRbU&t=4s

Star trek Trans episode and book

There was one episode where Kirk's mind was transferred in the a female doctors body. The paper back book involved the gender/sex of individuals transporting to the surface of a planet to have their chromosomes changed to the opposite gender; except the most masculine individual in the group (Spock) who became more masculine.